May 2017 Moms

Weekly Pregnancy Chatter & Questions (10/10-10/16)

Starting this post as a place to vent, question, chat for the week!
May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

Re: Weekly Pregnancy Chatter & Questions (10/10-10/16)

• I'm force feeding most meals. Nothing sounds good. It's hard at work bc my co-workers don't know I'm pregnant and I typically have a very healthy appetite.  By dinner, about all I can handle is a bowl of chicken noodle soup.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I recall someone on here mentioned that they had gall bladder issues with a previous pregnancy.  I woke up Saturday morning with horrible right shoulder pain.  It got worse through the day.  I iced it, but that didn't seem to help. I assume I pulled something until my mom mentioned that right shoulder pain is a symptom of gall bladder issues.  My parents are in town and I've taken advantage of my mom in the kitchen.  I've eaten mostly fried home cooked food the last few days. Saturday night, I chugged a bunch of water and went to bed.  The next day, my shoulder felt fine.  Since it went away, I plan to wait until my appointment next week to ask my doctor.  In the meantime, is anyone had similar issues? I think it's just as likely that I pulled something while chasing DD and my niece all weekend, but it seemed weird that it completely disappeared over night.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot I had to have my gall bladder removed after DD was born. My symptoms were pain in my right side (like being kicked by a baby, but constant) and shoulder pain. I also had an upset stomach after eating. I'd say it's definitely something to ask about. I'm glad it's feeling better though!

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• @KMD1106 When you say upset stomach, was it similar to indigestion? If so, were you able to avoid it by eating anything different? I've had indigestion for the last view weeks.  I just chalked it up to first tri issues.  

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @KMD1106  I can totally commiserate!  The smell of the clif bar I brought made me so sick.  

@clebl24 I ate saltines for lunch as well.  My co-workers are getting suspicious. I expect to be called out pretty soon.

Does anyone else feel like they are already having round ligament pains?  Is that even possible?  If not, what the hell is that?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot Yes, similar to indigestion. At first eating less fatty foods helped, but by the end nothing did. 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot - I also had my gall bladder removed but before I ever became pregnant. I would have stomach pain that would radiate into my back and greasy foods would definitely make it worse. By the time I got into surgery, even eating apples would irritate it. Definitely worth asking about!
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• @JonesBaby0624 I definitely have already.  At first I couldn't believe that was it so early on but it happened a few times and I am quite sure that's what's going on.  It's weird that it's so soon but I guess its because our bodies have already gone through this so everything stretches our faster this time?  I don't know.  Pregnancy is weird.
  • @JonesBaby0624 - yes on RLP, especially if you've had a growing belly before. Somehow your body knows it's going to grow again and starts pulling even before it's really grown. It's so strange. I didn't get them until much later on in pregnancy with DS, sooner with DD, and one of my initial pregnancy symptoms this time around was RLP so it's definitely come sooner each pregnancy. 
    Married 8/27/2011

• My food aversion hasn't been too bad, but there are some things that I start eating and can only take a few bites of before I physically don't feel like I can eat more, even though I'm still hungry. So maybe that is food aversion? It doesn't sound bad when I go to eat it... But I just can't. Normally I have a huge sweet tooth and love chocolate, but that doesn't even sound good. And my favorite food has been lettuce (sad) because I can eat a big serving of salad anytime. 
  • @RainyDays86 & @vrj0522 thank you.  It is good to know it is normal and I'm not the only one.  I've never had them this early with any of my pregnancies.  They were so bad Saturday night I thought something was really wrong.

• @RainyDays86 @vrj0522 Or anyone else... What does round ligament pain feel like vs other pregnancy cramping? 
  • @RainyDays86 @vrj0522 Or anyone else... What does round ligament pain feel like vs other pregnancy cramping? 
    It is different than cramping in that cramping is in your lower stomach and continuous, while RLP it is usually lower in the stomach, on the sides, or high on top the belly and it's usually sparked by sudden movement, laughing, etc. It's instant sharp pain that usually subsides and it feels more like you pulled a muscle, so the pain is more external rather than internal. 
    Married 8/27/2011

• @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot I had my gallbladder out after DS as well but it is the top reason to need emergency surgery in pregnant women. The soaring estrogen effects the gallbladder immensely. I would have extreme discomfort almost like a burning in my sternum and across my back. pain up in my collarbone area on right side and nausea. It was a constant pain for several hours and then would disappear. I was apparently passing stones until one day I didn't. I turned jaundice and had to have an ercp to remove the blockage from the common bile duct. The next week they took my gall bladder out. Whats funny is mine never was associated with eating my pain would start at like 3 or 4 am out of no where. Indigestion nausea are a common sign. pain just under rib cage on right side as well. 
  • @vrj0522 we are on the same wavelength today.
  • I keep getting these muscle spasms that feel like kicks.... 
  • I'm definitely having more RLP than I remember this early before. Also more cramping which reminds me of the after delivery cramping. I know that gets worse with each delivery so I'm already anxious about the cramps after baby #3! 

@starphish18 I craved salads with both of my previous pregnancies! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @KMD1106 I'm dealing with food aversion on and off this time around too. I don't recall having that with DD! It's more annoying than anything else but I feel like I can tolerate pasta okay. I just feel full/gross easily afterward occasionally.

@JonesBaby0624 Yes to RLP (round ligament pain)! I started getting it at 7 weeks or at least something that feels very much like RLP. Most of the time it's just when I get up from the couch too quick. But last night I sneezed and ouch! @starphish18 For me it feels like a quick sharp pain in the lower left or/and right side. It's very uncomfortable

A couple images regarding RLP so some ladies don't need to go to google... sorry about the boob!  :p

• @vrj0522 we are on the same wavelength today.
    Yes we are!
    Married 8/27/2011

• My food aversion hasn't been too bad, but there are some things that I start eating and can only take a few bites of before I physically don't feel like I can eat more, even though I'm still hungry. So maybe that is food aversion? It doesn't sound bad when I go to eat it... But I just can't. Normally I have a huge sweet tooth and love chocolate, but that doesn't even sound good. And my favorite food has been lettuce (sad) because I can eat a big serving of salad anytime. 
    This is totally me right now. I have the biggest sweet tooth in the world and only want salads and healthy food.  My stomach has turned traitor! Lol

On another note, my sister is coming to visit and wants to go to Universal Studios (really just for Harry Potter world) and I'm so sad bc I won't be able to do the rides. (I've been googling to see if I can possibly just go on the castle ride, but it looks like everyone says no?)  Also, I was planning to announce to my sisters when I see them in CT in Nov so I don't even know what I'm going to tell her the reason is that I can't ride anything. Any suggestions? 
  • I already have a gigantic tummy. I'm 7w4d. And it's not pregnant-gigantic, just regular gigantic. I had gotten into pretty good shape before I got pregnant, although I could never lose that last bit of post-pregnancy pot belly from last time. Now the pot belly is pushed up by the actual larger baby belly, making me look 20 lbs overweight.

Also, I have a terrible taste in my mouth all the time - anyone else?
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Amybee5Amybee5 member
    edited October 2016
    This is my first pregnancy and I already have round ligament pain. My doctor said it was normal this early even on a first pregnancy 
  • I'm glad I'm not alone in the RLP! I felt crazy for having it this early (I don't think I had it until 3rd tri with DS) but it's definitely already here and painful.
  • Anyone else have extreme cotton mouth? All I want to eat is like fruit, soup and cucumbers... Of course though water is really heavy right now and makes me nauseas. 
  • @cubslove12 mine is ridiculous!!! Especially at night and when I wake up. It's like I drank a case of beer the night before. Every single morning!!! 

TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Ladies...the RLP...it's insane! I definitely didn't get it until late in the 2nd tri with my first. I can't believe it's already happening. 

In other news, I'm headed in for my NIPT this afternoon. I'm cautiously excited--with my last pregnancy, they had to repeat the test twice and ultimately it still failed, so we just bypassed it. There wasn't enough fetal DNA in my bloodstream for them to get an accurate read. It seems like tests have improved a bit in the past few years, so hopefully we won't run into that problem again! Excited to find out if this little nugget is a boy or a girl! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Kipperoo GL at your appt!!
    Me: 33 / DH: 35
    Married: Nov 2006
    DD: Sept 2010
    DS: June 2013
    BFP #3 - EDD 5.13.16
  • @Kipperoo GL today.  Hope all goes well and they don't have to repeat the test.

• edited October 2016
    I was sitting on the couch yesterday and my daughter (she weighs about 35lbs) stood up on the couch and started running toward me. I thought she was going to sit in my lap, but she jumped on me and her foot with all of her weight jabbed into my pubic bone area. She lost her balance and her heel jabbed into my lower abdomen right above the pelvic bones. I had cramping for 5 or so minutes after. Although some of that may have been from me worrying so much that she may have done harm.

Any thoughts? Or anyone have something similar happen? I googled and most of the answers said that this early they are protected and still really low. So that made me feel better, but the cramping still has me wondering. Then, I had a dream last night that I went to the doctor and they told me I lost one of the twins. Eek. That didn't help matters.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I remember having RLP around 6ish weeks with DD#2. I have 3-4 fibroids and the larger one is on my left side and I feel like it pulls on my muscles and makes all my RLP concentrate in that area...particularly when I go from laying down to standing. It is almost as bad this time, I thought being a little more fit this time around would help but it hasn't with that, so far.

My preggo grumble today is that my house is a disaster, I need to go to the grocery store, and I have a video workout on the agenda and all I can do is mope and complain about how crappy I feel today, lol!

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • So I still lurk quite a bit on TTGP. I keep reading about how much FB pregnancy announcements upset people. I know I have at least 1 or 2 friends struggling with IF and surely there are more out there in the wings. However I have always planned to do an announcement as I'm from a really large family and that's our main method of staying in touch (everyone's emails change too often). Not to mention I have lots of friends who I would want to have them know etc. Am I just over thinking this or is an announcement just way too AWish?? It'll be a bit before we're ready to make one but I've been thinking about it a lot trying to decide what we want to do. 
  • @ShadeofGreen816  I think that most people do a simple FB pregnancy announcement. I have friends who have struggled with IF who do out that as a part of their announcement ("2 1/2 years or hoping and praying, happy to announce" or something like that). I also have friends who put something simple in their announcement recognizing that they still have close friends who are on their own journey to TTC. (Something  like "through our time struggling with IF we have made great friends who are still on their own journey, we hope we can continue to encourage all of you as you were there for us during our IF). I've really only seen it mentioned, though, when the person themselves has had trouble TTC, because otherwise it would be kind of weird (we are happy to announce we're pregnant, and sad not everyone else can be yet... Or something equally ridiculous!)   While it is upsetting to see a pregnancy announcement on a bad day TTC, it isn't as if it's a crazy unheard of thing to do!  Of course you want your family to know and to share in your joy!!  I think what's really insensitive is when people go into depth every day or week all about their pregnancy or symptoms, and have every post be about that. (I'm sure we all do have that one friend on FB sharing their entire labor step by step! Don't be that person!!). anyway, I feel like I rambled a bit, but my point is that as long as you're not over the top crazy about it, it's perfectly acceptable to post an announcement on FB when you're pregnant! 
  • I'm probably in the minority of people who have no plans to share anything about my pregnancy on Facebook. 

On another subject... I'm mildly terrified about my belly stretching out so much by the end of this pregnancy. I'm a somewhat petite person and have a shorter upper body, so I feel like the baby is going to have to watermelon straight out to fit. Any already-moms, does it hurt for the skin to stretch that much? 
  • Thanks @Squirtgun and @CajunSnowWhite89 for getting me out of my own head! I definitely don't plan to overshare! We also were fortunate enough to not experience any infertility so it would probably fall under the "weird" category. The only person I know for sure is dealing with it is someone I work with and she will likely find out before I post, as I'm sure I'll end up getting outed at work (I'm a nurse so lots of infectious diesease/radiation risks I need to avoid). I just didn't want to be insensitive, but thanks for the reassurance!