March 2017 Moms

Randoms 9/26

Re: Randoms 9/26

• DH and I just got into an argument about the toilet seat. Ugh! If he would be courteous I wouldn't have to nag! 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • The only reason I'm watching the debate and staying up this late is because I'm supposed to write a paper on the nonverbal communication styles of each candidate (really) for an assignment in one of my classes. I'd much rather be in bed curled up with my snoogle.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • jenny0228 said:
    It's crazy that some of you are getting to the halfway mark! I feel like this is going as slow as molasses for me. I'm sure it will pick up at some point soon, but with my due date 3/28 I just feel like it's creeeeeeping by! Finally 14w tomorrow though! 

This. Being due at the end of a month makes its feel longer in the BMBs IMO. I'm due 3/30 and I already feel like it's never going to arrive. Haha 
  • @kjd291 Good point about the bump political debates. ;) Watch that be the first time we have inner-BMB drama, haha! I think tonight I'm going to stick with Friends on Netflix and my homemade onion rings. 
    Seriously, such a great decision. :)
    I may or may not be on my 6th round of watching Friends. I have them on DVD and now I just have it running on the iPad when I'm doing mundane things like dishes or laundry. The jokes are never not funny. 
    i think it's a sign I've seen it too many times over when i notice things are cut from the Netflix version of the episodes though..... :S  
  • kjd291 said:
    Tomorrow is my ultrasound - finally! So I'm like: 
    That's SO exciting. Enjoy and hope all goes well! 
  • Eh, I don't it's a debate. I do imagine a group will be started at some point... just the way it usually goes. 
  • As for the lunch meat, I have been craving a turkey sandwich like nobody's business. This morning before work I heated up the sliced turkey in a pan and it was just about the most disgusting thing ever. I put it on my sandwich with tons and tons of mustard and hopefully it will taste ok now that it's cooling in the work fridge but.. yeah. It seemed so simple. I thought I would just toss those turkey slices on the heat for a hot minute and toss them on my sandwich easy peasy. In actuality I thought I might throw up just looking at it dance around in the pan. 
  • kjd291 said:
    Tomorrow is my ultrasound - finally! So I'm like: 

Stuck in a box. 

Enjoy! Hope it goes well!
  • dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited September 2016
    @julievdm12 I have Friends on DVD too and have watched each episode dozens of times over the last decade! The Netflix versions of the episodes bug me too with what is cut out, but I like the convenience of watching them on my iPad. Also, the DVDs are old so the picture is grainy on our TV. I suffer silently and scream in my head when I know something is edited out. ;)

@kjd291 Hope you have a great u/s!!
  • Thanks <3!! I know @AverageAsh has hers too!! Anatomy Scans are the best!

anyone else near the front of the month have theirs coming up soon?? I know every provider is different with how early they'll schedule them.
  • @kjd291 I had my anatomy scan but it was pretty early so I'm going to have another one in 2 wks. I think my doctor purposely scheduled more because I specifically stated I wanted more appointments and ultrasounds due to my past history. 
  • @mcdonald-bailey I'm so glad that your provider is getting you in for extra scans!

and you should totally do it!! Mental health day counts as a sick day! Who cares if your co-workers see you're refreshed and fabulous! You deserve a break!
  • @Jilliants & @dubcompanion  I gave in a while ago about the runny eggs its hard when there are not many things you are in the mood to eat but somehow are attracted to the things you arent supposed to have.  I also cant remeber the last time I had an italian sub pre preganancy and as soon as I was was preggo I cant stop thinking about them so I cave in as well a couple of weeks ago.

My real weakness is eating brownie batter and cookie dough but since there are raw eggs in it Ive been trying not to cave. But I amy have to go in search for those pateureized eggs because I dont know how long I can hold off on the brownie batter.

My AS is not for another 2-3 weeks but Im counting down the days. I had an NT scan at 13 weeks but the baby was stubborn and since he had so much free room to roam that he would never stay still long enough for a good pic.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @longliveregina  I so can't wait to bring out the snoogle.  I just have to figure out how to get my almost 3 year old out of my bed or buy a king size bed 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • vino831 said:

What's on your noggin'?

OMG IM DYING!!!! This is SO my husband!

I wait to see how long it takes for my DH to change the toilet paper. he would rather a new roll be on the counter than to change it...

why..

SaveSave
  • instead of watching the debate

which bumped my show to next week

I watched New Girl on Netflix...

SaveSave
  • @mcdonald-bailey go for it! Is anyone really going to notice you got your hair done? (I work with all men so I have no concept of coworkers even paying attention lol) If so. Pull it back! Enjoy the day! And happy anniversary! 
  • I have mine next Wednesday! Can't wait 
  • @RunBooRun Being at the end of the month totally sucks. I had to have a private scan to find out the sex. I couldn't wait. I can't believe some people are like 17-18 weeks already. 
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited September 2016
    @kjd291 I have my anatomy scan on the 14th of October, I'll be 19w3d. So excited to see baby girl and see how she's growing....since I did NIPT I've known its a girl for awhile but will be nice to get some visual confirmation. 
  • kap1988kap1988 member
    edited September 2016
    I had a private ultra sound to find out the sex of the baby, but my anatomy scan is scheduled for the 13th! I'm excited to have a long time to linger and look at baby.  I always feel so rushed through ultrasounds. (They aren't rushing me, I just want to stare at her 24/7).

@chrlyr Now you have your heir and your spare ;) Such a strange comment. I never realized how people, especially older people, still put so much emphasis on the sex of babies.  Millennials are so unconcerned with it that I forget that my grandparents and even parents can be very preoccupied with it.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @npaulie Mine's not until Oct. 28 so I have to wait a while too! Have fun maternity clothes shopping today! :)
  • @vino831 I'm the exact opposite. Work with women. Last time I got eyelash extensions I got 100 questions about them. Everytime I call out sick they follow up with me the next day to check how I'm feeling. It's sweet but they'll just know I wasn't really sick. 
  • chrlyr said:
    @RunBooRun Being at the end of the month totally sucks. I had to have a private scan to find out the sex. I couldn't wait. I can't believe some people are like 17-18 weeks already. 
    Yep I'll be 18 wks this week 
  • @spartanrd4 Mine is on Oct 14th too! I'll be 1 day shy of 20 weeks. My doctor wouldn't let me do it until that week. I was hoping she would date the order for after 18 weeks which would be next week for me but no, she made we wait 3 whole weeks. Stupid doctor :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I might just be jaded due to my own experiences, but this article seems super irresponsible to me. https://www.whattoexpect.com/wom/pregnancy/3-secret-ways-to-pass-the-glucose-test-your-doctor-may-not-tell-you-about.aspx

I get wanting to avoid false positives, but you also don't want to skew your results since it might result in a delayed or missed GD diagnosis. I know I've been on my GD soapbox lately, but I just really hate when people don't take it seriously. 
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • my anatomy scan is not til Oct 27th and there is this huge important meeting that my work is trying to schedule. I will be SO PISSED if I have to reschedule my scan!!!! My OB practice is booked solid so if they don't nail this meeting down soon I just am going to have to say I can't make it.  :#
  • chrlyrchrlyr member
    edited September 2016
    I have to schedule my anatomy scan with a separate MFM practice due to AMA. I won't even get to schedule it until after my regular OB appointment next Tuesday, so who knows when it will be. 

Image result for someone call the wambulance gif
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @chrlyr I am in the same boat with the anatomy scan. I have to have it done at the hospital with MFM since I'm AMA too. So no way am I rescheduling it! When they called me they didn't ask me if that time slot worked, they just said, show up at radiology at this time on this day. Then later that day I go to my OB to follow up. 
  • Thanks to the recommendation of @kjd291 I am hoping someone here may have some advice on what to do/see/where to eat in Nashville? Heading there for the weekend and it is our first time!

Any recommendations are much appreciated!!
  • @npaulie & @dubcompanion - My AS is Nov 3rd, because heaven forbid I miss work during busy part of the month.  I can't wait!  ha ha  So we can all wait together.  Good luck to all the ladies getting their AS soon!
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • @julievdm12 I have Friends on DVD too and have watched each episode dozens of times over the last decade! The Netflix versions of the episodes bug me too with what is cut out, but I like the convenience of watching them on my iPad. Also, the DVDs are old so the picture is grainy on our TV. I suffer silently and scream in my head when I know something is edited out. ;)

@kjd291 Hope you have a great u/s!!
    I am so glad to not be the only one!! Haha 
  • @vino831 I'm the exact opposite. Work with women. Last time I got eyelash extensions I got 100 questions about them. Everytime I call out sick they follow up with me the next day to check how I'm feeling. It's sweet but they'll just know I wasn't really sick. 
    I need to know about these!!!!  How was it when the extensions started falling out?  Did they make your eyelashes look crazy?!  Were they super maintenance intensive (special little eyelash brush at night and in the morning)?  I'm going to be asking you 100 questions now!  LOL!  Hopefully you can at least leave a little early today to celebrate.  Happy Anniversary!!
    Me: 36  DH: 35.
    Married: 8/2005.
    BFP: 6/22/2016 EDD: 3/4/2017.
  • @peony2418 the first time takes about 2 hrs then it's recommended to get them redone every 2-3 wks and then it takes about an hour for retouch. Besides that there's not real maintenance for me. But I have gotten them done by 3 different people and of course the only person I really like doing them charges the most. They do start to look funky after falling out so that's why I get them refilled in a timely manner. I usually get my eyelashes and nails done at the same time so I do knock out 2 appointments at once. I'm horrible with makeup so for me it's worth it because that's all I need. If you know how to do your own makeup and put on lashes quickly then it might not be the best option because it is time consuming and on the expensive side.