Trouble TTC

Weird symptoms after we stopped trying

so my fiancé and I were referred to an RE to have more tests done. However around the same time that this happened we found out that we might be getting evicted, FI might lose his job, and because of the uncertainty and the fighting we agreed to stop actively TTC and I have been off clomid and provera for 2 months.
Now I'm a week late. And all night at work my lower back and lower abdomin would just randomly erupt in shooting pain that would make me have to grab the edge of a counter to avoid hitting the ground. My stomach also turned at the smell of a salad that had jalepenos on it. 

Are these normal symptoms of going off clomid or do I need to invest in a pregnancy test? 

Re: Weird symptoms after we stopped trying

• ReesaAnne16ReesaAnne16 member
    edited September 2016
    Any abdominal pain is reason to see a doctor; you could have a cyst from being on clomid in the past or even a kidney stone. I would definitely take a HPT ( the dollar store and Walmart ones work just fine, it's hardly an investment) and schedule an appointment with you OB to make sure it's not a cyst or ectopic 

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• I agree with @reesaanne16. If you're in that much pain that you're in danger of collapsing, you need to see a doctor. It could be something serious. I doubt it's related to the Clomid unless the Clomid have you cysts.
  • Loading the player...
  • so my fiancé and I were referred to an RE to have more tests done. However around the same time that this happened we found out that we might be getting evicted, FI might lose his job, and because of the uncertainty and the fighting we agreed to stop actively TTC and I have been off clomid and provera for 2 months.
    Now I'm a week late. And all night at work my lower back and lower abdomin would just randomly erupt in shooting pain that would make me have to grab the edge of a counter to avoid hitting the ground. My stomach also turned at the smell of a salad that had jalepenos on it. 

Are these normal symptoms of going off clomid or do I need to invest in a pregnancy test? 
    @Samanthaarielxo

I agree with what PP have said. I was having shooting pains like that when I was in college and I ended up going to the doctor and was told it was a cyst. Luckily it was discovered in time and I didn't have any severe damage but I could have if I didn't go to the doctor. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY!  Also, taking a HPT couldn't hurt.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• This thread has been closed. Please do not post pictures of your pregnancy test and ask the Community if you are pregnant. Instead, please visit our 1st Trimester board to discuss early possible pregnancy symptoms and the thread pinned to the top of this board called, “What does a positive pregnancy test really look like?” where members are permitted to display their pregnancy tests.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"