October 2016 Moms

FFFC 09.16.16

13»

Re: FFFC 09.16.16

• @F47 Me too!!!! I always envision what type of sex couples have (and I have a vivid imagination!!) I even try telling hubby but he just ends up thinking I'm weird lol. Like Shaq and his gf?! I soooo see a sex swing (her choice not his)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I don't go unless there is a problem.... I do self breast exams and as.long as everything is good, I don't see the need 
  • Loading the player...
  • @samkins @MRSCORKER I don't like the every 3 year rule. It weirds me out because cancer can develop quickly. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @samkins @MRSCORKER I don't like the every 3 year rule. It weirds me out because cancer can develop quickly. 
    agree. I'm years past the all clear stage after my ascus but I still prefer the peace of mind from getting yearly paps.
  • I was thinking the entire time while reading "I have to go to the Gyn every year to get my BCP refilled" I wonder how many people thought I had a STD. Haha 

I get Brazilians because it makes me feel cleaner, and it's a huge turn on for FI. 

I've never seen Harry Potter and have no interest in doing so. Just not my style. 
  • MRSCORKER said:
    I'm legitimately confused. Am I the only person here who goes to the gynecologist every year? I guess I assume mo
    I was thinking the same thing. I go for an annual and then if there's an issue which is rare. 
    I go for an annual every year and also I will sometimes get a yeast infection if I have to take an antibiotic (which isn't often) and I always go if I think I have a YI because I don't tolerate the OTC medicine well. 
  • No Harry Potter for me either. Just can't get into it. 
  • I keep going from happy and excited to scared shitless about this baby coming. I can't wait to hold him and see his sweet little face... until LO fills a diaper up his back or starts throwing a fit and then I wonder, "What have I done? How am I going to manage two Littles at their most dependent ages AND get anything else done ever?"
    I had a mini meltdown yesterday. I was talking to someone about how wild my 2 yr old is. Every single day he drags all of the couch cushions off, blankets, pillows, everything. He won't let me keep them on the couch. He drags my dining room table chairs all over the house. His books, cars and legos are routinely scattered all over just because he likes them there, I guess. And it's nonstop, don't do that, get down from there, put that back, leave that alone, ALL. DAY. LONG. And it's exhausting. Then she said, you're about to have another one doing the same thing. Now obviously I've realized this but maybe I thought she would be calm like my first was. But what if she isn't?? What if she's wild too and I'm completely outnumbered. Oh em gee... Then I whined to my SO last night that I can't do this, I'm not prepared, wah wah wah. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My FFFC is that I'm slightly germophobic.  At home, we are a shoe-free household (you know since I'm Asian and all).   When we have people over, I don't ask them to take off their shoes, but as soon as they leave, I won't go to bed (no matter how late dinner party ended) until I've mopped the floors with disinfectant.  If I'm drunk and can't mop the floors or DH won't mop the floors, I'll wear socks around the house so I won't have to "touch" it with my bare feet.  

I get mad at DH when he lays on our bed (even with the cover on) in his work clothes.  

But then oddly enough, there are things that don't bother me at all:  i drop food on the floor and I pick it up and eat it (5 second rule), or my cat sleeps in our bed and I don't think she's dirty, I like to camp (although deathly afraid of bathrooms in campgrounds) and during my non-pregnant alcohol-induced nights, I used to be lazy and sleep with my makeup on.  

WTF is wrong with me?
    I guess I should confess that I sometimes let my toddler eat food he drops on the floor.  Sometimes even when he drops it in the grocery store.  Hey, how many germs can a pretzel pick up in three seconds?  Yeah, I'm gross.
    My youngest ate an M&M off of a rest stop floor once. I'm sure there are worse things but I freaked. He also eats random Cheerios he finds under the couch or wherever. I agree with whoever said it keeps them healthy lol. My kids are literally never sick.  :D

BabyFetus Ticker
  • mrszoess said:
    ok catch up: 

i I never saw Harry Potter never read it don't care to

i judge when people who aren't visibly pregnant make "follow up" appointments bc then it's more than just a pap

toy guns need to look fake then they're fine

i get brazilians for me, nobody else. I hate body hair

i love to cook so @laurapcos if you ever need help hit me up n Fb 

and I'm about to be the 9 month preggo lady at happy hour and I give zero fcks
    Not necessarily. You could have a follow up for an abnormal pap or a follow up after treatment of an abnormal pap. I've done both. Also, I don't know how it is everywhere but at my dr if you want an IUD, they order it and you have to come back when it comes in to have it inserted and then you have a follow up ultrasound to check the placement. I'm sure there are more but that's just what I've had to do. I hope everyone didn't assume I had the funk when I really had cancerous cells or I was just trying to get birth control.  :/

BabyFetus Ticker
  • ^ yep. In fact, I'm not sure what other std's (aside from hpv) might require in-office follow ups. 
  • I'm totally laughing at this week's FFFC. Mine has to be that the obgyn is the only doctors appointment that I schedule and keep regularly. It's my favorite of all routine check ups! I LOATHE the dentist and am really really bad about going. I never go to routine visits with my primary. Allergist gets back burnered. I am way overdue for a check in with the dermo. But the "lady doctor"? Yup- right on time every year. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm totally laughing at this week's FFFC. Mine has to be that the obgyn is the only doctors appointment that I schedule and keep regularly. It's my favorite of all routine check ups! I LOATHE the dentist and am really really bad about going. I never go to routine visits with my primary. Allergist gets back burnered. I am way overdue for a check in with the dermo. But the "lady doctor"? Yup- right on time every year. 
    Agreed. It's kinda weird when you think about it. I remember my SO saying something a while back about how I should go to the doctor regularly and I was like I do! He said, no like a regular doctor, not a gyno. Lol

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I don't routinely look at other patients and think about STDs - I do think about whether they are pregnant or not and what their situation is. And I do like overhearing dramatic phone conversations, although that doesn't happen too often.

• yeah i don't think std but weird stuff like did something get lost up
    there
  • Schell2013Schell2013 member
    edited September 2016
    @mrszoess I actually choked a little on my water. It made me think of this show on TLC called sex sent me to the ER and this dude had a vibrator stuck in his ass. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @mrszoess I actually choked a little on my water. It made me think of this show on TLC called sex sent me to the ER and this dude had a vibrator stuck in his ass. 

stuff stuck in butts is SO much more common in the ER than you would ever ever think. 
  • yeah my friend is an ER nurse and is like "you cannot even imagine the crazy stuff we see".
  • That show makes me laugh, if I ever need to watch something light that cheers a girl up that is my go to. The things people do are just plain shocking! 
  • @schell2013 that and "i didn't know i was pregnant" are basically 30 min of me saying "whatttt"
  • I actually have an IRL acquaintance who didn't know she was pregnant. Apparently she went to the ER with terrible abdominal pain and left with a baby. I so cannot even remotely understand. I do know another woman that had a complicated pregnancy who didn't feel kicks or movement until well past 30 weeks, so I guess.....it's possible. But I do have to wonder how much of it is denial or mental disorder-related. 
  • Trigger warning:

A girl I went to high school with recently had a baby and didn't know she was pregnant. Apparently she was pregnant and fairly early on they said she had miscarried then months later
    she had a baby. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrszoess yes that show is absolutely jaw dropping too! I just don't even know how a 7lb baby just hides in your body? I guess I just wish I had a preganncy that was that subtle. 
    Im with you @NoraAurora that just doesn't seem possible and I often wonder too if there is something more going on that makes them not think they're pregnant. 
  • I think there is a huge denial! I mean I get not feeling baby move often, I had an anterior placenta with DS1 but man I still felt him move! And idk I guess I just gain too much weight in my belly! And the boob leakage. How does one have ZERO symptoms!?
  • i have an anterior placenta and i'm Really really overweight and there's no question i am pregnant 
  • I dunno. I think there are some cases where it may be legit.

**TW**Abuse **

I have a friend who was raped by an acquaintance, who then stalked her for months and actually broke into her house and kidnapped her to scare her into not telling anyone. Not surprisingly, she was an emotional wreck and I can't even imagine what she was feeling. Long story short, she didn't realize she was pregnant until she was almost 6 months along. She didn't weigh more than 120 pounds and she was a PhD student in chemistry, so intelligence was also not a factor. 
    Obviously an extreme example but it CAN happen.
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • I dunno. I think there are some cases where it may be legit.

**TW**Abuse **

I have a friend who was raped by an acquaintance, who then stalked her for months and actually broke into her house and kidnapped her to scare her into not telling anyone. Not surprisingly, she was an emotional wreck and I can't even imagine what she was feeling. Long story short, she didn't realize she was pregnant until she was almost 6 months along. She didn't weigh more than 120 pounds and she was a PhD student in chemistry, so intelligence was also not a factor. 
    Obviously an extreme example but it CAN happen.
    That is awful!  And I feel horrible saying this but could it have been possible that she was in denial about being pregnant because of how traumatic being stalked raped and kidnapped would have been? I can't imagine being able to accept the fact that I was pregnant after living through that. And I can also see not realizing you're pregnant  in this situation- PTS would be huge. 
  • @serenaxo84 I think it's definitely possible. I didn't find out until the end of her pregnancy so I can't say first hand. Hers was such an extreme case, but even a woman in an abusive relationship (which is way too common) could be experiencing enough psychological trauma to not realize or repress pregnancy symptoms. Until you feel definite kicks a lot of symptoms could be attributed to major stress. 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • I know staying close to my doctor at this point in pregnancy is the safest bet, but I am really sad I'm not going to our football game this weekend like I had planned to do pre-pregnancy.

Despite the fact that I know i would be super hot and miserable all day..... :'(
    This is our first year, in 4 years, not going out to Detroit, MI to see the Lions play. I know my DH is sad about it, as am I, but he also knows it's for a good reason. It still stinks though. So I get where you are coming from. 

We also have this BIG fair in MA, called the Big E and it's a lot of fun. Tons of amazing food, vendors, games, rides... you name it and DH wants to go, but it's A LOT of walking and I just don't think I can handle it this year. I feel so bad, as to where I would attempt it but I don't know...  :/
    The Georgia National Fair is the same and begins the weekend after EDD (10/4) and lasts two weeks. I REALLY want to go, but DH is absolutely against it, even if she comes early. :( We have been 9 of the last 12 years and it's one of our absolute favorite family traditions. It's over two hours away, so doing that with a teeny tiny newborn is not necessarily the most realistic. 
  • I'm still pretty confused by the apparently frequent reports of didn't-know-I-was-pregnant..I know there may be rare exceptions but I call BS on most cases. Unless things have majorly changed for humans and I missed it, I thought a lot (not all, I know I know some skip due to birth control or BFing) of women get their period though, so how do those cases not realize something is a little off just based on missed periods? And how do I sign up for skipping over half of a pregnancy without any noticeable symptoms??
  • @UponAStar16 my cycle could go up to 85 days between periods so I was 6 weeks pregnant and didn't know BUT I usually take a random pregnancy test around the 6 week mark (and every few weeks after until my period arrives) because I know I'm having unprotected sex and it is a possibility.  So I get not knowing for the first few months, but how do you excuse the kicks, punches and rolls?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @laurapcos I can get 6 weeks for sure- even when people are trying they sometimes wait 6 weeks to even take a test and if you have any symptoms they are similar to PMS. But once you hit the second trimester.... that's kinda where my mind goes into they have a mental issue. 
  • I was 15 weeks when I found out I was pregnant with my first. No mental issue, I was just young and dumb and naive. You know, it'll never happen to me, and wasn't paying attention to how long it had been since my last period. I went to the doctor for my first dating u/s and was far enough along to also find out he was a boy.  :D

BabyFetus Ticker