Baby Names

Team green...thoughts?

We are considering Eve for a girl and Cullen for a boy.  Thoughts?  

Big sister Caroline and big brother Garrett.

Re: Team green...thoughts?

• I prefer Eve as a NN, Evelyn as Fn.

Cullen makes me think of Twilight. I don't see it as a FN.

• I think Eve is fine but I don't care for Cullen, especially since it reminds me of Twilight. What about Colin?
  • Loading the player...
  • I think Cullen is just really random surnamey for a first name. And the natural nn seems to be Cul which again is off. Then I internally think that mom was a total twilight fanatic. I think Cillian, Colin, Calvin or even Callum is better.

Eve is nice. 

• Eve- nice. 
    Cullen- pretty bad. I would just use Colin. Kinda matchy with Caroline though. 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Cullen makes me think Twilight. 

Eve is fine.
  • Eve is great. 

Cullen is NMS but I have heard worse. It did instantly make me think of Twilight. I grew up with a Callin, sounds similar-ish. 
  • Your first two have such great classic names, Cullen seems sort of odd and a little too similar to Caroline. Adding Carter and Carson to pp suggestions of Colin and Calvin.
  • Eve is cute. But I'm also not crazy about Cullen. 
    Suggestions; Benjamin, Theodore, Calvin, Ian, Ethan. 
  • I like both of these options!
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Eve is great

cullen not so much
  • I like Eve for a girl, Ava and Eva are both pretty popular right now- not sure if that bothers you

Cullen- I like and didn't think of Twlight

Other boy suggestions: Callum, Conor/Connor, Colin, Ciaran/Kieran, Kellan
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I love Eve! I am considering Eva for a girl. Not a fan of Cullen but if you like it then go for it. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

• edited September 2016
    Cullen = Twilight for me forever.  It's also definitely very last name-ish and I would feel like if it were used as a first name I would assume the parents were special snowflakes.

ETA  But I do very much like Eve.
  • Ditto what people have said: yes to Eve, no to Cullen and I love suggestions of Colin, Connor & Callum alternatively. 
  • I have never seen/read Twilight but just based on general pop culture knowledge even I would associate the name Cullen with the series. 

+1 for Colin, Connor or Callum.
  • Love Cullen! I didn't see twighlight so no reference there. If you wanted something different I would not go with Colin, really boring in my opinion maybe just not my style. Calvin, Colt, Chase, Cash, Carter?
  • Like many others have said, Cullen immediately made me think of Twilight. 

Eve is nice, but too short for my style. 
  •  Like Eve. Although with Caroline and Garrett, I might go with a longer name. 

I'm not a big fan of Cullen. I like pps suggestion of Calvin.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I love Eve. I didn't see/read Twilight, so I don't associate that with Cullen. Even for people who do, it isn't going to be part of pop culture for much longer. If you love it, go for it. I agree that Collin is a boring alternative. Maybe: Carter or Corbin.