January 2017 Moms

Outside group

Re: Outside group

• I'd love to be a part of an FB group :) I'm on that all the time and feel like I can easily miss out here since I'm primarily only on during work.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Count me in! :) 

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ashanne88 said:
    cjs260 said:
    @ashanne88 I agree. I think I'll be more open to the transition in the 3rd tri. 
    Yep, that's when I would be comfortable as well.  
    Ditto 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LastMango said:
    ashanne88 said:
    cjs260 said:
    @ashanne88 I agree. I think I'll be more open to the transition in the 3rd tri. 
    Yep, that's when I would be comfortable as well.  
    Ditto 
    Agreed

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm all for a FB group, but like others have said, I'd rather it be later on in the 3rd tri, not now. Too early, in my opinion.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just to be clear, I'm all for moving to FB later in 3rd Trimester etc, I'm in no rush, I was just meaning there are a handful of regulars who have mentioned a few times how they don't have FB at all and it's just gonna be sad without them, that's all. 
    This is me! I deactivated my Facebook 4 years ago! But I might be open to swapping IG names with some regulars if/when there is a mass exodus to Facebook 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Interesting idea @cabu14. Even with real people though...there are definitely crazies. 
  • My last pregnancy, there were several fake profiles.  Some were not found out until well into the 3rd trimester.

I like the bump because when chatting on here, people tend to stay away from being raunchy and try to stay amicable... My FB group from last baby got way too sex-debauchery-political-posturing-"debates" and I had to leave because it was just an unpleasant place to be.  I like everyone on this medium!  :#
    BabyName Ticker
  • cabu14 said:
    Is it possible before we do the FB to do a prove your self thread with a picture of your face next to a newspaper and handwritten note with the date on it. This could weed out any catfish -- not that I'm saying any of you lovely ladies are catfish!!  ;)
    I like this idea except I don't get the newspaper... could we just do the handwritten note with the date?  I feel like that should be enough proof that we're real
  • JLJ2012 said:
    Personally I don't get the FB fear.  I am only on FB for the 2 mom groups I am in, both of which started from the Bump.  There has never been any real crazy drama with either of them, and one has been going on for 4.5 years now.  If anyone seems crazy admins can kick them out, but as PP said you are not personal friends with people just because you are in a private group with them.  If you have privacy settings on your FB account no one can see any more information than someone who is randomly searching your name.  And frankly, I would never post a bump pic on the Bump, because anyone can see it, but I would on FB because it is a much more controlled setting limited to those who are in the private group.
    This.  Andplusalso, I won't be posting my own pic with a paper next to it to prove who I am.  I'd do it via pm or whatever, but I don't do public Bump pics.  
  • cabu14 said:
    Is it possible before we do the FB to do a prove your self thread with a picture of your face next to a newspaper and handwritten note with the date on it. This could weed out any catfish -- not that I'm saying any of you lovely ladies are catfish!!  ;)
    I really, really like this idea. On my first BMB, we had a catfish and it was insane. I have no desire to go through that again!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Woah seriously people catfish on here??? Like.....why?? What do they gain? Personal info? That's so messed up.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • shlecka said:
    Woah seriously people catfish on here??? Like.....why?? What do they gain? Personal info? That's so messed up.
    Ohhhh I remember reading about a catfish on one of the other BMBs, and it all exploded.  I wonder if the thread is still on here or if it was deleted....
  • @JustJaney If you watch the advertisements TB posts on the sides of the page, I see it all the time. It's something like "Update: Catfish on July BMB".  I'll post it here next time I see it. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Omgosh, I just googled "thebump catfish" and it was the first thing that popped up!   I think you can get the gist of it, though so many posts and users are deleted because of the mass exodus.

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12462811/newb-in-town

So yeah, Catfish are a thing, unfortunately.  But I think some people here made great points about how to protect yourself in a FB group environment. I personally think you put yourself more at risk on an open environment such as this one where anonymous users or lurkers can see everything you're posting.  At least FB can give you more clues that the person you're communicating with is real or not.
  • The catfish was from July 14. It was one of the most absurd things ever. Then shortly after that the mass exodus occurred. I never joined a fb group for July 14, which after the exodus I wish I would have because the board just died. I wasn't as active on that one though. 

Looking forward to to joining one this time around, but definitely later on in the pregnancies. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The catfish was from July 14. It was one of the most absurd things ever. Then shortly after that the mass exodus occurred. I never joined a fb group for July 14, which after the exodus I wish I would have because the board just died. I wasn't as active on that one though. 

Looking forward to to joining one this time around, but definitely later on in the pregnancies. 
    Oh, so this was your last BMB?? What did you think when this happened?  Did you have any clue??  So bizarre!  
  • @JustJaney. I wasn't super active on that one, more of a lurker. Apparently there had been some suspicions from the very beginning of the board forming from some of the regulars that the woman was a possible catfish. 

It eventually got to the point where they called her out and she could never provide the proof that she was who she said she was and the whole thing came to light. It really was crazy. She was super active on the board and shared quite a bit about her "life". 

People were hesitant to post a lot after that, quite a few people left and those that were part of the fb group (the cat fish was discovered after the July babies were a few months old) mostly stuck to the fb group. Eventually the majority left after the rule changes and the board pretty much just died. 

You were a Ju14 mama? Me too! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • JustJaney said:
    Omgosh, I just googled "thebump catfish" and it was the first thing that popped up!   I think you can get the gist of it, though so many posts and users are deleted because of the mass exodus.

So yeah, Catfish are a thing, unfortunately.  But I think some people here made great points about how to protect yourself in a FB group environment. I personally think you put yourself more at risk on an open environment such as this one where anonymous users or lurkers can see everything you're posting.  At least FB can give you more clues that the person you're communicating with is real or not.
    Sooo reading that thread has given me trust issues. Lol. 
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker

• JustJaney said:
    HJ.Morgan said:
    I would love a Facebook group! I have never really been in one for something like this. So I assume we would still need this board for threads, questions, etc.  But it would be a way to really interact with all the members! Plus.....  mobile sucks... 
    You can do everything in a FB group that you do here.  It's just a trust issue because it's no longer anonymous.  However, when it's a secret FB group, no one except people in the group can see your posts, and it's not searchable to people who aren't in it.  That part is nice.  
    Ohhhh, I didn't know that. I would totally be down. But I do agree with others, wait a bit longer before we make one. Only because I still see some new people pop up here and there. I think by the third trimester most stragglers should be gone and repeat users will be established. 
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • HJ.Morgan said:

JustJaney said:
    HJ.Morgan said:
    I would love a Facebook group! I have never really been in one for something like this. So I assume we would still need this board for threads, questions, etc.  But it would be a way to really interact with all the members! Plus.....  mobile sucks... 
    You can do everything in a FB group that you do here.  It's just a trust issue because it's no longer anonymous.  However, when it's a secret FB group, no one except people in the group can see your posts, and it's not searchable to people who aren't in it.  That part is nice.  
    Ohhhh, I didn't know that. I would totally be down. But I do agree with others, wait a bit longer before we make one. Only because I still see some new people pop up here and there. I think by the third trimester most stragglers should be gone and repeat users will be established. 
    This is me too.  I'm newly popped up myself, so hopefully I'll have time to establish myself :)
  • @emy730 yup, fellow July 14 mommy here! I definitely participate way more on this board than I ever did the July one though! 
  • The whole catfish thing happened way back in the day on my December 2010 board.  It actually didn't come out until we were in a facebook group and most of the group ended up leaving after feeling their privacy had been violated.   Personally, I don't have time to keep track of everyone and their back stories.  People had been screen shotting things that seemed fishy from the beginning so they brought all those out.  It was really sad as we had all been part of the group for a long time.  I am still facebook friends with several of the moms from the group.  

My October 2012 group is still going strong on facebook and many of our kids are starting preschool this year!
    BFP #1 1/19/09 EDD: 9/29/09 Caiden arrived 9/20/09
    BFP #2 4/1/10 EDD: 12/7/10 Ethan surprised us on 11/19/10
    BFP # 3 EDD :10/24/12 Rylan was born 10/17/12
    BFP #4 4/13/14 EDD:12/22/14  Nolan made his entrance on 12/15/2014
    BFP#5 5/22/17 EDD:1/27/17  It's a GIRL!!!!

• HJ.Morgan said:
    JustJaney said:
    Omgosh, I just googled "thebump catfish" and it was the first thing that popped up!   I think you can get the gist of it, though so many posts and users are deleted because of the mass exodus.

Me tooooo! 

BabyFetus Ticker

• Yea for these reasons I feel like I would only be willing to join a group where we had to prove our selves (either here or once on FB). If you don't show your face with date or picture of newspaper or online newspaper then you get kicked out of the group. I'm totally up for joining one later on if this happens. I'm actually excited for it!

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• HJ.Morgan said:
    JustJaney said:

Me tooooo! 
    Me three! Also hated how mean people were to each other. Definitely in the later end of the pregnancy for a FB group. 
  • Holy fuckin shit it took me like 4 hours to finally get through that thread (I was at work and whatnot) that is so BIZARRE and I feel like I was so naïve before!!! Catfish is for real man! Crazy!

sorry my mind is still completely blown.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Catfish are crazy! We had at least one in my last bmb and it really messes with your mind. Thankfully none of the people who moved to our FB were 60 year old men or anything! ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • FB is way more user friendly than this site so I'm all for that.  There's going to be stranger danger anywhere.  Maybe the verification can be something we worry about when it's a more appropriate time to migrate over to FB.
  • I read the Catfish thread before I went to bed last night and my pregnancy dreams took a turn for the worse...OMG. Now I'm going through thinking of every bit of personal info I've given and whether that was too much...I think I'll be keeping personal info to things about the cats and dog for now ;) But, seriously, did the Catfish actually ask for what people used as passwords? That is a HUGE red flag!!

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• ThePax89 said:
    Even without catfish, real people can be crazy as shit. We had some incidences in our fb bmb. 
    Honesty, that's part of the reason I waited so long to jump in over here.  The crazy was overwhelming in the early months of my old BMB. I just couldn't.  When I logged in here a couple weeks ago....I was kind of amazed at what I saw. You guys did a good job of chasing away the crazies!  
  • ThePax89 said:
    Even without catfish, real people can be crazy as shit. We had some incidences in our fb bmb. 
    100% this.  My Dec '11 board didn't have any catfish, but there was plenty of crazy!

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker

I was in June 14, then testing mass exodus. It was a crazy and sad time to see such a lively place go down the crapper. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker