January 2017 Moms
Options

Outside group

Do we have an outside.group started? Thia forum drives me batty and it is not easy to use mobile. Im 21 weeks now and so ready to start really engaging with you all!

Re: Outside group

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Don't leave us yet!!

<3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Facebook groups are fantastic. I'm not sure when my first bmb started, but I joined at 28 weeks and then it was closed to new members one month prior to the first Edd. 
  • Options
    ThePax89 said:
    Facebook groups are fantastic. I'm not sure when my first bmb started, but I joined at 28 weeks and then it was closed to new members one month prior to the first Edd. 
    Agreed. I much prefer them to TB groups.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ThePax89 were there several FB groups created or one huge one?
  • Options
    HJ.Morgan said:

Don't leave us yet!!

Hahaha im not! Im a 4th time mom and first time really being on the boards. So im not sure i know how it all works. I do know i have lots of pregnancy and mothering experiences to.share. though! :)
  • Options
    @underthesea I believe one was created early, and then a second was made later. The first group has since split in 2. So now I guess there are 3? 
  • Options
    If anyone else is living in Canada I'd like to start a FB group! 
  • Options
    lindaisy86lindaisy86 member
    edited August 2016
    @LBLQ84 I live in Ontario :)

Edit: There is a Canadian forum at babycenter.ca; I'm part of the January 2017 group on there too. I like checking both boards because the women discuss different things but if you're looking for more Canadian content, check that one out too
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @LBLQ84  I live in Sask!  

• Options
    Yeah I don't like the set up on this app, but when my son was born in May 2015, we started a fb group that is absolutely wonderful. We all still keep in touch and have even done play dates. I would definitely be interested in a fb group. Much easier to navigate
  • Options
    @LBLQ84 @sarahmsoda @lindaisy86 I'm in Alberta!! 
    I'm in Toronto, Ontario and Los Angeles, California
  • Options
    @krissycole510 my first bmb does a bunch of meet ups too
  • Options
    I'm in Ontario too. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @LBLQ84 @sarahmsoda @lindaisy86 I'm in Alberta!! 
    I'm in Toronto, Ontario and Los Angeles, California
    I fly into Toronto on Wednesday! So excited to go to Hamilton to see my sisters new baby!! 
  • Options
    Sorry for the typos. Too lazy to edit lol^^^
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mudderbear Where is that baby's outfit from? I'm in love!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    @shlecka I'm thinking from etsy. I'm not sure. I can definitely find out for you, but my sister is one of those people who never have her phone and even if she sees your text she will forget to respond for 6 years so please be patient haha
  • Options
    I totally agree.. FB is so much easier to use (and frankly to remember to use! Haha!!) so when y'all get it started count me in :) 
  • Options
    @mudderbear @cjs260 Should have known!! I'm gonna have to do some serious shopping!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I'm totally in for the FB group when the time is right as well!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I prefer the Facebook group better from my first LO.  As someone mentioned, hard to keep engaged when there are a ton of threads to look through and hard to access on mobile which is where I do most of my surfing.  I think there was a thread that was started for it and there wasn't a cut at first as to who was or wasn't allowed in.  I think as the board was created and engagement happened, the moderators slowly started eliminating those who weren't participating in the group.  I believe that is a fair approach and doesn't create an exclusive environment that will then have a chain reaction on the Bump month board too.  I am in for joining the FB group when it is created.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Count me in too! My last BMB were so exclusive that folks like me who pop in once/twice a week didn't make the cut and I was sad to no longer have a group to lean on for support (and offer support as well). 
    And then there were three...

• Options
    Can't wait for a FB group 
  • Options
    I am totally in on the FB group when the time comes!  I am still in my Dec 2011 BMB on FB and it rocks.  I was really resistant to switching at the time but FB is so much better and more convenient, especially when we all have tons of baby pictures we want to share. 

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would love a Facebook group! I have never really been in one for something like this. So I assume we would still need this board for threads, questions, etc.  But it would be a way to really interact with all the members! Plus.....  mobile sucks... 
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    HJ.Morgan said:
    I would love a Facebook group! I have never really been in one for something like this. So I assume we would still need this board for threads, questions, etc.  But it would be a way to really interact with all the members! Plus.....  mobile sucks... 
    You can do everything in a FB group that you do here.  It's just a trust issue because it's no longer anonymous.  However, when it's a secret FB group, no one except people in the group can see your posts, and it's not searchable to people who aren't in it.  That part is nice.  
  • Options
    Any of you non-FB ladies ever thought about creating a FB account with your username? Keeps it anonymous, and no need to have to deal with a news feed because you don't actually have to friend anyone to BE in the FB group (or maybe just friend the person who invites you to the group, but then drop the friend?) 

Anyway, just curious for those that don't really use FB or like it if you guys would consider that, I'm gonna be super sad when we eventually move to FB and lose the few of you that don't use FB :( 
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Options
    I don't comment a lot but I check the boards everyday. Hope I will be included in the FB group.
  • Options
    I would totally love to be in a fb group. I feel overwhelmed with the millions of posts on here!
  • Options
    @mommywesley I know people who have done that - essentially make an anonymous FB account.  It's a good point for those who don't use FB but want to still be in the group when it, eventually, transitions. 

I'm all for a FB group but I still kind of think it's too early for one.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Any of you non-FB ladies ever thought about creating a FB account with your username? Keeps it anonymous, and no need to have to deal with a news feed because you don't actually have to friend anyone to BE in the FB group (or maybe just friend the person who invites you to the group, but then drop the friend?) 

Anyway, just curious for those that don't really use FB or like it if you guys would consider that, I'm gonna be super sad when we eventually move to FB and lose the few of you that don't use FB :( 
    I'm new, so take this with a grain of salt, but it's a big leap of faith when you move over to FB.  There is some trust involved.  I personally would feel uncomfortable if I was using my own name and pic  but there were still anonymous people with fake names and no pic.  Trust is a give and a take, and one of the perks of a FB group is people feeling safe to share, so that trust is important.

That said, I love FB, and I'm selfishly hoping a group holds off on forming until someone who is new like me would be considered eligible!
  • Options
    @ashanne88 I agree. I think I'll be more open to the transition in the 3rd tri. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Options
    cjs260 said:
    @ashanne88 I agree. I think I'll be more open to the transition in the 3rd tri. 
    Yep, that's when I would be comfortable as well.  
    Pregnancy Ticker