March 2017 Moms

AW - Announcement

Re: AW - Announcement

• We had pictures taken last Sunday! I am hoping to get them back today or tomorrow so we can announce! I am sick of keeping a secret! Ha! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @vino831 That is a gorgeous picture.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you @kap1988! You'd never know he was a tiny tyrant that day!! Haha pays to get a fantatsic photographer lol
  • @MyDG620 omg how cute is he!!!
  • @sarahbobby LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!
  • @vino831 thank you! I originally bought this outfit because I love Bob Marley and this song! Then when it came in the mail I realized 3 birds - 3 pregnancies... so perfect for what we've been through!

Me: 33 Hubs: 34

TTC since 5/2014

BFP: 7/27/14 MC: 9/20/14

BFP: 6/29/15 MC: 7/6/15

BFP: 7/17/16 EDD: 3/22/17

• @sarahbobby That just made me seriously tear up! I absolutely need that onesie! (TW) Ours is our third pregnancy after two losses and I love that song as well. What a wonderful way to announce and honor your losses! Love it.  <3
  • @sarahbobby  how perfect and sweet! Leaves everyone with excitement AND an awesome song stuck in their head! :smiley:
  • @wishilivedinflorida thank you! It's just so perfect in many ways! I got the onesie from Little Atoms on Etsy. They are super soft too!!

@vino831 thank you!

Me: 33 Hubs: 34

TTC since 5/2014

BFP: 7/27/14 MC: 9/20/14

BFP: 6/29/15 MC: 7/6/15

BFP: 7/17/16 EDD: 3/22/17

• @Gators&amp;BoSox It took me a while to convince my hormonal self that it was them, not me.

I think part of it has to do with my husband being disabled (he uses crutches or a wheelchair, it's not genetic) and I think a lot of people were surprised that:
    1) *It* works (but they were too polite to ask whether my husband and I have sex...)
    2) That he/we would want kids

• @direwolfmini That is horrible for people to think! I'm so sorry. Your announcement is so cute and obvious! Congratulations!!
  • Love it @npaulie! And the first two years are awesome for traveling, free flight for kids under 2! We went everywhere. I just bought my daughter's first "adult" plane ticket (she turned 2 in August), it was a sad day :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I kind of want to do this but I don't want to disrespect or give people the wrong idea (talking to you mamas who are carrying your rainbow baby). I am not in the same boat so I don't want to give people the wrong impression or try to elicit sympathy when it is not the case for me. I like the St Patrick's day/lucky theme since we are due in March, so I have shamrocks in here too. Does it make sense to have the rainbow with the shamrocks or should I just leave it with simply the due date font?
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • pandalily said:
    I kind of want to do this but I don't want to disrespect or give people the wrong idea (talking to you mamas who are carrying your rainbow baby). I am not in the same boat so I don't want to give people the wrong impression or try to elicit sympathy when it is not the case for me. I like the St Patrick's day/lucky theme since we are due in March, so I have shamrocks in here too. Does it make sense to have the rainbow with the shamrocks or should I just leave it with simply the due date font?
    To be honest, when I saw it I immediately thought rainbow baby. However, not everyone knows that term. I probably wouldn't know about it if I wasn't on TB. Cute though :) 
  • @pandalily I also immediately thought rainbow baby when I saw this, but I think @jazzyma14 is right that not all people will assume that. I incorporated rainbows in my announcement since we are expecting our rainbow baby in March, but I also felt I had to explain the reference since I realized not everyone would get it.

One warning... if you decide to post this on social media, don't be surprised if people who have lived through a loss might reach out to you assuming PGAL to offer support. Most families don't talk about miscarriages, and I was shocked and saddened by the number of loved ones whom I found out shared my same sad story after I posted on social media. 
  • @pandalily maybe if you add more st.patties stuff instead of just the rainbow and clover?  Make the rainbow smaller?  Like a pot of gold, leprechaun, etc. I think if you go further into the theme it might seem less focused on the rainbow. 
  • @jazzyma14 the rainbow does make me think rainbow baby. Maybe just leave that off. 
  • dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited October 2016
    @pandalily I would either leave off the rainbow entirely or, as @kjd291 said, add more St. Paddy's stuff. Like a lot more. Basically to the point where the rainbow is part of the background. Indeed, a lot of people might not get the reference but guess who most typically do - those who've had a loss. Plus, October is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month, so the rainbow reference might even be more recognizable than usual. 
  • Got it. Thank you for your opinions ladies!! I appreciate your thoughts and will figure out how to redecorate appropriately. :smile: definitely didn't want to disrespect anyone by it. 
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pandalily I appreciate you asking for feedback! It's not offensive or anything; altering it just avoids a lot of awkwardness if people reach out to you, assuming something else. 
  • Yeah @dubcompanion I think that's more what I was potentially afraid of. I just try to be sensitive to others' experiences too!
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pandalily Very cute, I love your dog- even if he is wearing Ohio State colors ;)
  • @Spartanrd4 hey I am okay with your green and white as long as it isn't blue and maize :wink:  
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker