Options

TMI Tuesday

2»

Re: TMI Tuesday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    RG1 said:
    I have successfully held back farts from my husband until this pregnancy. We just don't address it when it happens. I should probably say 'excuse me' but I figure if I don't address it, maybe he didn't hear it?
    This is something I just cannot comprehend. I think DH and I would amaze/disgust all of you ladies with our bodily function comfort level. Farting hard since date #2!
    Hahah I have never heard him fart or even go to the bathroom. We are very private about those things. Growing up, my mom would always go to the bathroom with the door open, fart loudly in front of my dad, etc and he would get so disgusted. I grew up seeing no affection between the two of them (no hand holding, kissing, anything) and am still not convinced they even like each other. I think I associated the two things in my mind growing up! Like her lack of discretion with bodily functions led him to be disgusted with her and led them to not kiss. Hah! Deep psychology over here. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I am lol'ing over here. I'm with you @RG1. 6.5 years with H and he still never heard me fart. Unless he has and hasn't told me. Not sure why I feel the need to hide it because that man blows up any room at any time. 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    Add me to the "no fart club".  I've only farted in my sleep and in labor...or when REALLY sick. My husband, on the other hand, is a farting machine. 

I'm honestly trying to get over this. I'm sick of holding in my farts. I don't really know how to be all out-there-farty, but I'm gonna try!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    First time I farted in front of my husband was one of the first times we were having sex shortly after we started dating. I was MORTIFIED and was ready to crawl out of his house with my head bowed in shame. Instead he also farted and laughed about it. It still took me a few months to be comfortable with farting in front of him. Nowadays, the only thing we don't do in front of each other is poop or when I have to change my pad/tampon. Those two activities we keep private 
  • Options
    When my husband and I started dating I'd be in excruciating pain after eating Pizza Hut, etc and never knew why my stomach hated me so badly.. it's because i was refusing to pass gas in front of him.  When not pregnant, I still try to somewhat hold them back - either released in the bathroom or at least another room... just out of decency because mine can be horrendously smelly.  During pregnancy there is no holding back, baby pushes them out for me. 
    I always say excuse me, but if I haven't yet my husband will say "excuse you!" and I have to explain to him that I fully intend on saying it, but the fart just isn't over yet. bahahah, oh well! I don't think I farted during labor but I most likely pooped.  We don't really address it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is something I just cannot comprehend. I think DH and I would amaze/disgust all of you ladies with our bodily function comfort level. Farting hard since date #2!
    Same boat here!  DH and I fart in front each other, and it has gotten worse/more hilarious since I've been pregnant.

The other day, he lovingly called me "the woman of 1,000 smells." I've always thought farts were funny, so it works out for us!!

hahahaha