October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 07.18.2016

Re: Weekly Randoms 07.18.2016

• And sorry guys. I feel like a posting whore the past few days, but now that we have moved, my accident is getting handled, our vacation is over, and I have a small break in school I can post and bitch more! Haha 
  • nlane0723nlane0723 member
    edited July 2016
    Woodland creatures! @annabenanna

ETA: she's the best, I really lucked out.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Loading the player...
  • @annabenanna Watch Hannibal! Soooo good!
    The show?  There's a show?  Also @AllyTheKid, I saw something this morning and I made a mental note to tell you, because it's in relation to funny guys and how they're more attractive because they're funny.

Conan O Brien is in town this week, and I HEART HIM and crush him so much.  DH is like "you think he's attractive?  why?"  But I do think he is.  *swoon*  I will have all his redhead babies anytime.  
    Yes there is a show! And it is on Prime!

And I am right there with you about Conan. The ONLY red head that could make me swoon...
  • Watching Hannibal tonight @AllyTheKid!
  • @bnsmith85 I hope you love it!!! And you too @annabenanna!
  • KenderTas06KenderTas06 member
    edited July 2016
    I got two $50 "gift cards" for car seat canopy from my OBs office today. I just tried to check out, they had a buy one get one almost half off special plus they had 40% off promo so I was justifying buying cute covers. Turns out they run the gift cards as promotions so you can only use 1 promo per transaction. So I either pay $105 using 1 card or I pay $100 and save both gift cards. Obviously if I do it I'm saving my cards but WTF! All I want is to buy the pretty stuff and get it for free. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry, that turned into a post and run. If I'm not mistaken, she was straddling oct and nov, and chose to stay here cause they're crazy. So tame here! Even more so now than then, I guess. 

@bnsmith85 I do the same thing :) I love remembering I can stop sucking in! 
  • Kc0825Kc0825 member
    I'm one of those people that don't post or interact a lot. It's not that I don't want too i check the bump like all day. I'm just shy and I was part of the April 2016 group but lost our baby after 3 months. Some of the women were very rude and it kinda shut me down. I guess I just had a bad experience. Not saying any of you ladies are rude and not trying to judge. Just shy I guess. But I have been posting more so better late than never. 
    Another random thought. I got my exercise/birthing ball out tonight and I'm in love! 
  • @mizzkbrat That's annoying. Won't she be surprised to turn the page on the calendar and still not have a Grandbaby yet? ;) and I'm glad to see you back. 
  • @mizzkbrat ugh about your Mom thinking Sept now. I hope your LO comes on 10/7 so you get the rest of the year off. That sounds so nice!! Especially with the holidays!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • And I'm just catching up on posts this evening, so sorry as this goes back in the convo a bit. But going back to the LFAF group, who is Lisa Frank?

• I think they mean this Lisa Frank, @Pupatella but I still think I'm missing something too! 
  • @Kc0825 I was part of April 2016, too. At the time I was glad it wasn't May because they seemed much dumber - but I was only there about a month.

• @mizzkbrat With a due date of 10/16, I'm with you on having the rest of the year off! I'm gonna be upset if I go early have to come back to work right before Christmas lol.
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Anybody volunteer to direct the new SS to the US thread and PSA?
  • Anybody volunteer to direct the new SS to the US thread and PSA?
    ha.. I started to respond and then realized my post sounds so business professional... like when you're at work and trying to tell someone they need to stop being a SS and get their sh*t together.... so I deleted and decided to let someone else take over :) lol
  • I'm just not into it today. Where's @CopperBoom86?
  • Done... response posted @AllyTheKid... Definitely no snark there. I'm just not as good at it lol
  • Kc0825 said:
    I'm one of those people that don't post or interact a lot. It's not that I don't want too i check the bump like all day. I'm just shy and I was part of the April 2016 group but lost our baby after 3 months. Some of the women were very rude and it kinda shut me down. I guess I just had a bad experience. Not saying any of you ladies are rude and not trying to judge. Just shy I guess. But I have been posting more so better late than never. 
    Another random thought. I got my exercise/birthing ball out tonight and I'm in love! 
    @Kc0825 I'm still shy sometimes too because of my last BMB. I was in the May 16 group for a short time (with a few other ladies here) and didn't care for it. So sometimes I lurk more than I post because of that. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @CopperBoom86 I think you should slip out at lunch and take care of that! :)
  • @CopperBoom86 These are for you ♡
    I hope your morning gets better!
    This is all I want right now. Almost done, guys!!! I'll find out results next week so cookies might definitely be on the menu for today. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @ibabyloveb87 Good luck! I kind of want to make some cookies now...
  • Fact: I have already eaten a cookie since you posted @AllyTheKid. I don't feel like was really quite as good as how those in that picture probably taste though lol
  • I have some packaged frosted sugar cookies, but those are not what I want. I NEED chocolate chip cookies made from scratch! That may be happening today! @bnsmith85
  • I want all the cookies!  But my glucose tolerance test is at 3PM today. :(  Also, I may be switching doctors and insurance this late in the game...waaaaaaah.  Does anyone have experience with Kaiser?

Lastly, I forgot to post TBT (again) yday.  I'm so bad at this!
  • Mmmm, cookies...
  • @Piperella - DH and I just finished Stranger Things last night. We really enjoyed it! DH said "tell your bumper friend thanks for the recommendation." :D
    I watched it this week too and really liked it. I also watched Marcella which is a British Netflix original. I liked that one too. It reminded me of Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren which was a BBC show. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @ignoscemihi Oh HELL no. I would be so mad. I'm sorry your anniversary was hijacked! 

Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • @annabenanna I have no experience with Kaiser, but I do have SOME good news- my OB told me not to eat or drink any differently that I usually would on GTT day, so if you would normally eat some cookies by now, eat them cookies ;)

I was thinking about missing your TBT earlier... at 3:45am when I awoke and couldn't go back to sleep until 7am -_-
    Don't let that stop you from posting a FBF! I love looking at those posts!
  • @Piperella I keep seeing Stranger Things on my Netflix but skip over it. I haven't cared for any Netflix originals yet, with one exception. I did really love Sense8.

I've definitely put my Netflix to good use this pregnancy being on semi bedrest. I watched From Dusk Till Dawn The Series about 4 times, rewatched all of HIMYM, Scrubs, and One Tree Hill, started Prison Break with my husband, started and finished Young and Hungry and Jane The Virgin, and now I'm trying Penny Dreadful, although I'm not sure how I feel about that one yet.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015