February 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (6/27)

1235»

Re: Weekly Randoms (6/27)

• Options
    I have to drink 32 oz of water before my ultrasound this afternoon, so I ran through the 7-11. 

L'Orange Perrier tastes disturbingly like fruit loops. Every time I have a sip, my brain gets confused. 
  • Options
    I'm having a weekend long slumber party.. AND IT'S 5 WEEKS FROM TODAY

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gingersnap adorable! I love her dress and pearls!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Gingersnap she is beautiful! What a gorgeous shot. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    @Gingersnap she is too cute!!
  • Options
    @gingersnap She is beautiful!  That's a really pretty dress too.
  • Options
    blush64 said:
    @gingersnap She is beautiful!  That's a really pretty dress too.
    Thanks! It was part of their props, I wanted to pilfer it! 
  • Options
    @Gingersnap OMG so many heart eyes. 
  • Options
    @gingersnap I love it!!! She so adorable! 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Options
    I think I'm freaking out a little. I was reading on the gear thread some suggestions about toys and books and big kid clothes and I just... I've barely gotten my brain to the first ultrasound on Wednesday, that we might get to take this baby home, let alone that in two years or so I'm going to have a kid who wants toys and has opinions and screams no. :neutral:

Two years is a nice, long time to prepare for all the big kid stuff, right? 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    I've been feeling cranky and unpleasant today but I think I was just hungry (you know, chronic low-level nausea = no appetite). I just ate a tomato sandwich and it was like the best thing I've ever eaten. Anybody else eat those? My husband thinks it's so weird. Toasted bread, mayo, sliced tomato, S&P. Mmmmm
  • Options
    @Gingersnap she is precious!!

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    Thanks! 
    Is the pic still showing??
  • Options
    I've been feeling cranky and unpleasant today but I think I was just hungry (you know, chronic low-level nausea = no appetite). I just ate a tomato sandwich and it was like the best thing I've ever eaten. Anybody else eat those? My husband thinks it's so weird. Toasted bread, mayo, sliced tomato, S&P. Mmmmm
    My MIL eats these all the time!  I think it's actually kind of an old-timey thing to do.  Like when you could only get tomatoes in season and they were extra-delicious and you wanted to enjoy the flavor.

It's also a relatively common thing where I live, too.  I live in the county that a certain variety of tomatoes is named after, and I've seen tomato sandwiches on more than a few restaurant menus.
  • Options
    I've never had tomato sandwiches, but when not pregnant I love cucumber sandwiches! 
  • Options
    I hope our board has a coupon goddess. We had one on our last bmb to tell us to go to xyz website and print out 6 Huggies coupons and go to cvs on whatever date and get a super great deal on diapers. I'm too lazy to do the research but I had a killer stockpile by the time DS came. 
  • Options
    @Gingersnap nope :)

@MonaLisaRalphio I get it from my mom! Never seen it on a restaurant menu though, that's funny. I hope they're only charging like $2
  • Options
    Nope to the pic or nope to cucumber sandwiches? @TessAndRob
  • Options
    MommaBeanMommaBean member
    edited July 2016
    Lol @Gingersnap I didn't see your sandwich comment before I posted! Your pic is gone. Now: is there cream cheese on these cucumber sammies?
  • Options
    @TessAndRob I love toast, tomato and mayo sandwiches. My mom used to make them for me when I was young. She made a lot of combinations that I still lover but aren't as popular.

Cucumber sandwiches are yummy too.
  • Options
    I make cucumber sandwiches with white bread and  Kerrygold butter. I also have this amazeballs black truffle sea salt I sprinkle over the cucumbers. 
  • Options
    @ohstars I soooo hope so too!! I love yo coupon but I have to be told what to do cause I rarely have time to figure it out myself! 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Options
    Thanks! 
    Is the pic still showing??
    No, I saw it yesterday and didn't get a chance to comment until today.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    I make cucumber sandwiches with white bread and  Kerrygold butter. I also have this amazeballs black truffle sea salt I sprinkle over the cucumbers. 
    That sounds amazing! I love that butter. I'll have to try this once my cukes come in. 
  • Options
    Thanks @ohstars. Minor freak out... I guess it's hard mentally to get that far ahead in this process, as I have no personal frame of reference. I have two SILs who've had children, but neither had any MS, and just breezed through this part of things. I feel a bit out in the wind, and I think I just had a bit of a panic this morning, but one of my SILs did tell me something helpful - they aren't born a toddler, and you have time to get used to it while they grow up. One step at a time. :smile:

DH brought me a frosty and I spent most of the day relaxing, so I've calmed down a bit. This is just such an intimidating process. I know we will figure it out, but I feel very out of my depth.
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl you will definitely figure it out. People say it seems like only yesterday their third grader was a newborn, but it really does happen gradually!  ;) One thing at a time. 
  • Options
    I got into a fight with an old man tonight. We were at a very family friendly 4th of July event that included bull riding. My 2yo was walking between DH and me and knocked down 2 of the backs of the empty bleacher seats in front of DH. I asked DH to stop her just as she hit a 3rd. Old guy in front of us turned around, grabbed the seat back and yelled "stop!" at her. Sorry, dude. Not ok for you to yell at my toddler. I'll handle her, as I was doing. I told him this with a bit of an upraised voice. I think he felt bad when he saw how young she was. That's the first time I've had to go Mama Bear on someone. It was almost fun. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I can definitely handle cuddles! I'm actually looking forward to that immensely... 

@NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot Why are people so rude??? Seriously it sounds like you were already handling the situation, and when is it ever acceptable to scream at a stranger's child? Or any child?