December 2016 Moms
Options

Randoms 6/26

Re: Randoms 6/26

• Options
    dmontgodmontgo member
    edited June 2016

I saw this and as a FTM and it got me thinking. Thought I'd share!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not even half way through this pregnancy and I constantly find myself wishing baby would just hurry up and get here. That couldn't have anything to do with the constant MS, could it? Lol
  • Options
    @ashleaf2018 I think that a lot too. I know I need more time to prepare, but I'm sick of this heat + pregnancy. I at least wish it was fall. 
  • Options
    @ashleaf2018 @dmontgo I feel the same way. I'm just super excited to meet this human, and patience is not my strongest trait. Looking at baby clothes and reading about babies just makes me more excited and impatient. Also, I don't love pregnancy. I hated it last time, too. I feel very blessed and thankful to be pregnant, but it isn't pleasant to me. No shame in admitting it. :)

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    My kid woke up screaming like she was dying at midnight....because her monkey "fell" out of bed and she couldn't reach it. (She threw it out). 

She slept through a crazy monsoon storm from 2-4 am. But my dogs kept me up. 

I'm tired. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    beff12beff12 member
    dmontgo said:
    @ashleaf2018 I think that a lot too. I know I need more time to prepare, but I'm sick of this heat + pregnancy. I at least wish it was fall. 
    I cannot wait for the fall! I have been looking at fall things on Pinterest, dreaming of the day that stepping outside for 4 seconds doesn't make me sweat immediately. 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    DiFazette said:
    I posted this in the symptoms thread due to some fun concerns with me but I am ready to fast forward once Tuesday hits (4th of July is one of my favorites so I don't want to miss it).  I think October 1 would be a good date.  I'll miss my 34th birthday so I can just stay 33.  And we'll zoom right through brutal summer and then everyone in this group would have surpassed their viability date (24 weeks - the gross majority of babies can live outside the womb).  Everyone good with this?  I'll get working on it.
    My vote is fast forward to thanksgiving. In realizing how much time still needs to pass I'm constantly in awe that I have to live through every single day of this...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    TollerToller member
     I'm constantly in awe that I have to live through every single day of this...
    Right? I've had a few people lately tell me that "it's gone so fast!!!!" [insert evil glare]
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @slartybartfast - My babies would be here by then!  And I can't in good conscience skip Halloween for DS.  Also, October is my favorite month.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    I vote September. So not ready for baby to be here yet, but ready to be back in my home state where the humidity doesn't try and kill me!
  • Options
    We can't skip Halloween!! We go all out decorating our house, inside and out. All the neighborhood kids love it! Plus...candy and horror movies and costumes!! Yeesss...
  • Options
    beff12beff12 member
    @DiFazette I'm good with October 1. Let us know if you need help with the logistics. 

This is what I saw on Pinterest that started me on my downward spiral into all the fall things! 

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• Options
    DiFazette said:
    I posted this in the symptoms thread due to some fun concerns with me but I am ready to fast forward once Tuesday hits (4th of July is one of my favorites so I don't want to miss it).  I think October 1 would be a good date.  I'll miss my 34th birthday so I can just stay 33.  And we'll zoom right through brutal summer and then everyone in this group would have surpassed their viability date (24 weeks - the gross majority of babies can live outside the womb).  Everyone good with this?  I'll get working on it.
    My 21st birthday is October 5, I am all good with this plan!
  • Options
    cgss11cgss11 member
    I'd like to fast forward to the end of August/September. We'll hopefully be moved to our new house by then, I'll be settled back into the school year, and we can really start planning and buying things for baby. I'm so ready to shop.
  • Options
    Today is the only afternoon I have an opportunity to swim laps. DH just called and said he's running 20 minutes late to leave work so I should just walk 3 miles instead and he will catch up. I want to slap him. I was looking forward to the pool! We carpool so I can't go alone. 

• Options
    @DiFazette October 1 is perfect. This heat is making me ragey, and it will have at least started to alleviate by then. Also, H will be on the brink of coming home, which is always great. Please let me know when you get this done. ;)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    Finally allowed back in our home! Fecking termites. The place stinks so we have fans on. Had our hospital tour today, since it's the only hospital my doctors deliver at and I needed to get the paperwork in by week 20. We liked what we saw, so I'm relieved.

I also agree with the October 1 date. DH loves Halloween so I can't take that away from him. Make this so! 
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Ladies I can't skip August. L turns 1, and I have 2 - 5 day conferences before then. After 08/4 we can skip

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    DH likes to play this game with me... "Things that will happen before <insert big event here>". He hasn't done this with baby yet but here ya go: things that will happen before LO arrives:
    July 4th beach holiday and fireworks
    mom starts chemo
    DD1's birthday slumber party
    Guns n roses concert
    my birthday!
    school starts up again for the kids- 2nd grade and preK4 and brownie troop
    Disney vacation at the beach club
    halloween!
    fall festivals and corn maze
    pumpkin spice everything!
    thanksgiving
    Christmas photos

Gosh and I'll not even digging deep here
  • Options
    I find this stage of pregnancy so...boring.  I'm over the initial thrill, I know the baby's sex, everyone knows we're expecting, it's too early to really start buying things or setting things up...it's just meh.  I'm not so good at the "sit and wait".
  • Options
    @JessCL - out of curiosity - why do you feel like it's too early to buy things or set things up?  Our cribs come next week (after being on back order) and we've bought a lot already.  I was hospitalized at 30 weeks with DS and had him at 34.  Now pregnant with twins, and being predisposed to health issues, I'm in the 'can't be too ready camp' but much of that is fear of early delivery.  I'd imagine the nursery will be almost finished in early August.  We don't find out the sexes until mid-July.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    TollerToller member
    edited June 2016
    @DiFazette what sorts of things have you started getting other than the cribs? I'm 4 weeks behind you, but I've kind of been unsure where to start..... though I DID add a pack of diapers to my amazon subscribe and save each month to start collecting small diapers so it's not such a hit later.... (DH is seasonal which will be amazing to have him home with the babies (he was home with DD too) but financially... .things can get a little tight particularly with us both not working- this should be interesting)

*edited because my baby brain doesnt know the difference between future and present tense apparently

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @DiFazette I've been buying little things here and there but SO is nowhere near ready to buy big things like the crib.  The baby will be in our room for quite a while and he doesn't want any extra furniture in there that won't be used for months.  I'd love to rush out and buy everything, but this is his first, and he just isn't ready.  At this point, I'll just be thrilled when he's ready to pick a name!  I think it's great that you have so much stuff already.
  • Options
    @Toller02 - we bought our car seats, tandem stroller, cribs, multi camera monitor and some smaller things.  We already have some of the other important items (pack and play, tummy time mats, rock and play (my bestie lent us a second).  We have a few more big purchases then we're onto clothing, blankets, bibs, diapers, wipes etc.  We are splurging on a new rocker - I think that's our next big purchase and our last big purchase is a minivan.  

We had to spread it out since we wouldn't get a shower this time so we're spending $200/mo on the twins for all this stuff.  The minivan will be from a. Different budget, obviously :-) 

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    We can't really buy too much yet until we get into our own apartment, which should be August/September. That's when we'll start our CD stash. Baby will be in a cradle in our room for at least the first 6 months of his life so there's no rush for us to get much nursery stuff just yet. We'll start to get things, but I won't worry about having it all done before baby gets here.
  • Options
    We also won't be into our new house until late August/early September. I'm a planner so it's really hard for me not to be buying everything now. If we were staying here, I'd probably have the nursery totally done by now. I just can't relax until I know everything is ready. When we made the decision to move, I told FI that I will be an absolute mad woman trying to get everything done as soon as we're moved. He agreed to accept me crazy. We'll see.  
  • Options
    beff12beff12 member
    We're hoping to not be living in this house by the time the bean is born, so we're going to do minimal work in the nursery I think. It kills me to not do more, because ideally we'd be preparing a big girl room for DD and moving her crib to the nursery...but we're not going to do the work for somewhere we don't want to live! It's such a bummer. We'll probably start with a rock and play and somewhere to store clothes and see what happens. 

In other news, my OB and pharmacy have been having issues all week getting my diclegis prescription refilled. It's been processing since last Friday and is finally ready today! Hallelu 

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• Options
    cjt121413cjt121413 member
    edited June 2016
    I really want to start buying stuff, but we have a small house and nowhere to put stuff. Right now the room that will be the nursery is DH's official crap room with his closet and random crap everywhere. Getting him to clean the room out will take an act of God. Maybe I'll just start ordering stuff and filling the room and see what happens. Hehehe.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    I'm with @DiFazette I think never too early to be prepared. We don't know the sex yet but have painted the nursery, bought and set up the crib and dresser, bought the double BOB, bought a few smaller items... DH starts his final semester of school in August so I want all the big stuff done by then. I've also completed some of the projects for the room. 

This made me think we should start a nursery thread. 

• Options
    cgss11cgss11 member
    We're also in a holding pattern on "stuff". We found a house and are under contract for it, so if all goes well, closing will be August 4 with moving shortly after. No sense in buying anything to have to move it. But, before we decided to buy, we wanted to wait a bit anyways. The room in our current house for the baby holds the treadmill. To set up the nursery means cramming the treadmill in the master, and then of course not being able to use it when someone is sleeping. 

I'm definitely getting antsy though. I've been gifted some clothes already and the organizer in me wishes we had the dresser already so I could put them in, and start getting a little stockpile of diapers and such. But my shower won't be until October anyways, so I've got a ways to go. Once we move, we're getting the big furniture for sure and I'll try to do a little decorating (I lack that skill).
  • Options
    We have been doing what @DiFazette is doing and spending a certain amount each paycheck for baby stuff. Someone secretly bought our crib already, and we have a mattress and other nursery stuff on the way. Started stockpiling diapers of all sizes, getting books, some things we think are cute, or things off our registry that are a bit more expensive than I would feel comfortable asking someone else to pay for. I am a planner, and for me I feel more comfortable getting things early. Plus, DH and I feel closer to the baby that way.
  • Options
    @dmontgo For baby books our shower hostess asked for a 'baby book you liked growing up' instead of a card. We have probably 100+ books from the ~20 people who came.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    About a week before we decided we'd move before baby and not after, my mom had order a boat load of stuff and shipped it our house. Need-everything-to-be-done-and-perfect me immediately opened everything and assembled a bouncy seat and swing. And threw away the boxes. So now I get to move big awkward shaped stuff. Sometimes the planning bites you in the butt. But I may or may not just sit in the was going to be a nursery room and stare out our stuff piles :) 
  • Options
    @Kate08Young That's a great idea! We are fortunate to be having 2 showers, so maybe one of the hostesses will do just that! 

@tinattt23 I wouldn't buy a bunch of stuff if I was moving, but we'll be in this house another year, so starting now isn't so bad. I sure do like looking at all the baby stuff! ;)
  • Options
    @dmontgo For baby books our shower hostess asked for a 'baby book you liked growing up' instead of a card. We have probably 100+ books from the ~20 people who came.
    I've thrown a shower like this and been to several more.  I actually requested the hostess throwing mine to do this (I swear I'm not a crazy person dictating my own shower).  What I like best about it is that if people actually use the books as cards you end up with a library of books with beautiful dedications to baby in them which is so awesome.
  • Options
    @KatieJo1205 You're not crazy for suggesting that for your shower! The shower I'm having here, my friend asks me to meet with her so she can get my preferences. I requested a Halloween baby shower (did I mention how much we love Halloween?!). Haha.