December 2016 Moms

Randoms 6/26

New week new randoms!
Pregnancy Ticker
Mother of an April '15 baby
Due December 16

Re: Randoms 6/26

• @slartybartfast I know what you mean. A hiking couple we know wants to go do a bunch of trails, which my normal self would love, but I am so damn breathless and tired I know I couldn't do it. Our other friends (none of our immediate friends have children) don't understand that I am not my normal kick-ass self. I usually push myself hard, and now I just can't.

I have a girlfriend that struggled with me on infertility, and when I got a positive, it kind of strained our relationship. It's a hard position because I know exactly how much it hurts to feel like your body isn't working the way it's supposed to, but I also want to include her. I shared my feelings with her, but ultimately I'm giving her space because infertility hurts. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • @cayaylonglegs it's actually pretty simple, and yes I plan to eat the entire pan with minimal sharing to H and L. It's just regular brownies, topped with a cheese cake mixture. Cream cheese, 1/4-1/2 c sugar, an egg, pinch of salt and chocolate chips. Bake @ 350 until done.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• I need brownies in my life or a maple bar from DD. I've been craving that maple bar since yesterday but no DD where I'm at or decent donut places. Womp womp. 
  • I have to second @Kate08Young 's post. It's such a difficult topic to navigate, and I know I don't always do it well. I'm impressed by you. 

I have a pound of pralines at home and my seeet tooth has just disappeared. No one will call me a quitter though, dammit. I'm gonna power through these things and savor their sugary goodness. 
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Anyone have any real life, positive examples of chiropractic during pregnancy?  I wake up every day with a terrible pain in my neck, traps and shoulder on my left side.  It's muscular - I can feel the knots.  I've done massage which worked for about 3 days and I use a shit ton of Biofreeze.  I've never done chiro and not sure it's he time to start but I need some relief.  I can't just pop Tylenol every day to not be in pain. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• @DiFazette I work for a personal injury attorney in Atlanta, and I know several chiropractors who specialize in treating pregnant women (accident related or otherwise). My clients who have done it rave about it. I definitely think it's worth a shot. 
    December 2016 August Siggy Challenge: Embarrassing Back to School Pics

BabyFruit Ticker

• dmontgodmontgo member
    edited June 2016
    @DiFazette Chiropractic during pregnancy has been a lifesaver for me. I have sciatica, and going really helps manage it, especially with my hips changing. They have a special pillow, or they stand you up depending on your comfort, and adjust you. But they will scan your muscles to get an idea of where your nerves are irritated before they do an adjustment though if it's your first time. They generally do x-rays, but I'm sure they'd skip it considering you're pregnant. 

For me, none of the medicine in the world helped me, and I felt like I was dying. Chiropractic? Amazing.
  • DiFazetteDiFazette member
    edited June 2016
    @dmontgo @em01092 - thanks.  @dmontgo thank you for sharing your experience.  I guess I'm worried that they won't be able to help since its muscular.  I'm also worried about finding the right office/provider - I don't need any unexpected problems stemming from an inexperienced chiropractor.  I guess I'll start with my insurance and work down from there.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• @difazette - a physical therapist may be another route
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • dmontgodmontgo member
    edited June 2016
    @DiFazette If it's muscular, it will still make a world of difference. When I originally got my scan done for nerves and muscles, I was having severe muscle spasms on my neck, shoulders, and lower back, plus my hips were crooked, which gave me functional short leg. There was one small area where no spasms were happening. My Chiropractor explained that when we are out of alignment, our spine pulls on our muscles and causes them to spasm or get knots. In tandem with massage therapy or physical therapy, it makes an amazing difference. To put it in perspective, I couldn't walk for almost a year I was in such bad shape following an injury...now I can walk again and do things without constant pain.

Just read reviews or interview them beforehand and you'll find a good fit.
  • @difazette - a physical therapist may be another route
    @slartybartfast - what I need is my insurance to cover massage therapy sessions! 

Pregnancy Ticker     

• DiFazette said:
    @difazette - a physical therapist may be another route
    @slartybartfast - what I need is my insurance to cover massage therapy sessions! 
    Yea that's part of why I mentioned it... mine covers PT but not chiro. There are many PTs who do manipulations and essentially very targeted massage. Mine does. And with my insurance it's $25 a session. So worth it. Also, if there's an underlying physiological reason for your discomfort, a chiro will adjust and it can help you find relief but you will need to go periodically as you regress back into the discomfort. A PT may be able to help you correct your issue by helping you balance your muscles or alter a behavior (running, walking, sitting, sleeping positions). Both definitely have their place but at least for me, PT has been a big deal.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • @slartybartfast - I'll have to see if I need a referral for PT.  I thought PT always needed a referral but I could be wrong.  I did traction during my last pregnancy since I get muscle spasms - I carry all of my stress in my neck shoulders and between my shoulder blades.  These watermelon titties don't help that situation much either.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• DiFazette said:
    @slartybartfast - I'll have to see if I need a referral for PT.  I thought PT always needed a referral but I could be wrong.  I did traction during my last pregnancy since I get muscle spasms - I carry all of my stress in my neck shoulders and between my shoulder blades.  These watermelon titties don't help that situation much either.  
    The referral part depends on your insurance. Mine doesn't. For like anything. It's amazing though and I think not totally common
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • @DiFazette
    I just want to second everything said about chiropractic. I was going prior to pregnancy because it helps with my migraines as well as chronic back pain ... keeps everything aligned so my muscles don't tense up and spasm. Pregnancy has already been messing with my hips and tailbone region - constant pain almost feels like I've broken my tailbone....and I told my husband "I've never been so willing/excited to have another man touch my butt" lol....but really, I go every two weeks it helps soooo much.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @DiFazette If you have a HSA they should help with 'Preventative or Treatment Massage Therapist' I had one several years ago, and when I was looking at what all I could use it for I saw a place that I used along with PT to fix my hip issues. Because of that particular place's prices, I was covered for 2 1 hr massages a month. Which gave me a free one every 3 months for being a regular.

• @difazette go to the chiropractor first then get a massage. It's much easier to loosen tight muscles when the skeleton is properly aligned! 

Also I totes mcgoats recommend:

https://www.amazon.com/ThumbbyTM-Soft-Massage-Cone-Th-1/dp/B001GN431M

Thumbby is really cool because you can suction it to a wall and work out your own trigger points (knots), or you can sit on it to relieve sciatica.

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • cgss11cgss11 member
    edited June 2016
    That's exciting @dmontgo! I want to start looking, because I'm concerned it might be hard to get a photographer so close to the holidays? We're moving forward with house buying though (fingers crossed), so we'll be on another side of town so I'll probably get serious once we move.
  • R0824HR0824H member
    *hugs* @slartybartfast!! it can be such a bummer when things change between life stages between you and your friends :(

My kitten is turning into a little demon....The first day he was ALL sorts of cuddly and then DH came home and it seems like any time DH is home Marco goes BSC but when DH is gone, my little kitty turns into a snuggle bunny..WTH

TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @R0824H Our kitten is the same way! We've had Sophie for almost 2 months now and she mostly sleeps during the day and is really snuggly, and then goes bonkers when FI gets home. He thinks she's a demon cat but he's never at home during the day when she's calmed down.
  • Looks like once baby outgrows the bassinet they are going in the crib, and the crib will have to go in the multi purpose second room. I was so hoping the baby could stay in our room because I'm paranoid, but with all the stuff in our room and little space DH says it isn't happening. So I am upset about that. But that means we get to have a theme, so DH and I went out today and found all of these video game character stuffed animals, so we're doing a video game theme. It would go with the room, as one of its purposes is a gaming room. It also means I get to register for one of those video monitors. DH has no say when it comes to my paranoia.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @cgss11 I would definitely start looking sooner than later, or whenever you can! She told me that for a lot of family photographers, October-December are their busiest months because of all the holidays, and people want holidays cards. But moving sucks balls, so that would be my priority, too!

• Mamax2Mamax2 member
    edited June 2016
    dmontgo said:
    @cgss11 I would definitely start looking sooner than later, or whenever you can! She told me that for a lot of family photographers, October-December are their busiest months because of all the holidays, and people want holidays cards. But moving sucks balls, so that would be my priority, too!

@cjss11   I agree with @dmontgo. I'm an up and coming photographer myself, and I'm already getting lots of bookings for late September all the way through the end of the year. I'm glad that I'll be taking our kiddo's pictures, because I know how much of a hassle finding a photographer is.
  • Looks like once baby outgrows the bassinet they are going in the crib, and the crib will have to go in the multi purpose second room. I was so hoping the baby could stay in our room because I'm paranoid, but with all the stuff in our room and little space DH says it isn't happening. So I am upset about that. But that means we get to have a theme, so DH and I went out today and found all of these video game character stuffed animals, so we're doing a video game theme. It would go with the room, as one of its purposes is a gaming room. It also means I get to register for one of those video monitors. DH has no say when it comes to my paranoia.
    My paranoia says don't get a video monitor, lol.  Those things get hacked!  I want pictures of the baby room when you're done.  A video game theme sounds fun!
  • @phoenix870509 You might be interested in co-sleeping. It has its perks, especially if you plan to EBF/EP. Baby is in bed, and you just have to line up the boob with the baby. It would give you a while with LO in the same room and can help cut down on the night time - wake times.

I finally took my friends advise and uploaded all of my iCloud pictures to Google Pics. I have room left over in my drive, and now I can clean out my iCloud for new pictures!!!

• @Blockfour - the wifi enabled ones can get hacked.  The closed system ones are much safer since they don't access the Internet.  Those are your traditional video monitors.  I didn't do webcam/wifi for this reason.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• phoenix870509phoenix870509 member
    edited June 2016
    @phoenix870509 You might be interested in co-sleeping. It has its perks, especially if you plan to EBF/EP. Baby is in bed, and you just have to line up the boob with the baby. It would give you a while with LO in the same room and can help cut down on the night time - wake times.

I do want to co sleep but DH is against it. I'm getting the bassinet for a few months, and the bassinet I want goes right next to or on the bed if you want it to, so that's as close to co sleeping as I'll get.

Definitely looking into a closed video system, too. My SIL would kill me of I didn't get a closed system. And I'll post pictures of the finished product eventually, lol. DH and I found this store that sells Mega Man, Zelda and Mario things (more too!). I told my friend who has appointed himself the gamefather, and he's on board to help get things for his young protégé, lol!

Edit because The Bump ate my post. 
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Ugh. There was a long segment on npr today about zika. About how weird and a-typical this virus is and because of that, experts don't totally know what will come from it. I wouldn't be concerned except DH and I went to Mexico about 5 weeks before we conceived and now they recommend waiting 6 months. Also discussion about how even if effects of the virus aren't apparent in the kid at birth or through early childhood, there may be long term issues with brain function in ways that aren't understood... I just don't know how to understand or process the risk...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • TollerToller member
    @cayaylonglegs I'm in the azoospermia club with you!! Mega huge shock to us and family as well- you just don't hear about it much. We did do genetic testing on DH and found the cause, which was helpful in some ways.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS has been a whiny a-hole for like 4 ish days and refusing to nap. It occurred to me today that it could be my fault. I'm a teacher so I'm out for the summer and have only done daycare twice a week and chilling with him the other 3, which means he only goes to daycare 2 out of 7 days. He cries when I leave him all of a sudden too, and I think  it could be like, why are you leaving me with these guys we ALWAYS HANG OUT. Am I just looking for meaning in a weird baby behavior that has no explanation?
  • @SmashJam my son only goes 2 days a week and he hates it too. I think it's bc we are together 24/7 otherwise. He really knows how to rip my heart out :( but they tell me he is happy 5 mins after I leave!
    my kid is 2 and also grumpy bc molars are trying to come out. It's hard to tell why they are grumps sometimes. You're doing your best!

Pregnancy Ticker

• beff12beff12 member
    @phoenix870509 YES to the video monitor! DD is almost two and I still like using it to check on her before I fall asleep :) ours doesn't connect to wifi so no worries about creepers hacking in. 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!