Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
TTC since June 2015 
BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
September Football Siggy

Re: UO- 6/2

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This isn't really an UO or maybe it is but duplicate threads drive me crazy. Search and search and search again before asking something on the board. We have so many threads and so many wonderful women contributing to them that when people ask repetitive questions/ start repetitive threads it just clutters the board. 
    Ditto to this

Me: 39 DH: 36
    Married: Sept 2018
    DS: December 2016
    #2 EDD Feb 2020

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @kbduke Yes! Totally agree with you on that. I'm not a fan of the alternative spellings either, but honestly, it's not my kid. I don't see how some people can get that worked up over what other people name their children. 

Although sometimes I feel like the people who go on those boards are "asking for it" just in the sense that they know their name choice might not be popular and they are asking for opinions on it. So I guess my other thought is, don't ask what someone thinks of your name choices if you're just going to argue with them about why they're wrong. 
  • Options
    @beff12 My November '15 board had so much snark! I've been waiting for people to warm up and get snarky, but I think everyone on this board is just really nice. 
  • Options
    @cjt121413 I say 'we are pregnant' as H is suffering through my outbursts, rages, cravings, and insomnia because misery loves company so I must drag him in. Preggo and Preggly make me rage-y.

@beff12 That is the main reason I don't hang out here as much as I could. It is entirely to calm for me most days. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    Soooo we should be bitchy to each other, rather than being nice?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My UO is: Just because I am better at something than you doesn't mean I should do it for you.
    Back story- I'm on my third Thursday/Friday making baked goods and royal icing sugar cookies for other people's children's graduation parties. With no "thank you" no money nothing. The no gratitude is what sucks the most. I do not want to spend my days doing thing.
    I should really learn to say "no"
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    beff12beff12 member
    @cjt121413 I can't stand "prego" either (the word, not the sauce. I actually rather enjoy the sauce haha). I'm trying to remember if I say "we're" pregnant or "I'm" pregnant. I think I say we are, but you're right that it doesn't make much sense. Other than the fact that DH is the one that made me this way! :blush: 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    cgss11cgss11 member
    The Sage ad that pops up on mobile is giving me rage.
  • Options
    My UO: I think there's too much pediatrician intervention and focus on exactly how much a newborn baby weighs early on. 

My SIL said that her pediatrician was super concerned that her son didn't bump up to his birth weight before they left the hospital. He told her that her breast milk was not nutritious enough (?) and that she should supplement with formula. She did and she didn't pump for many days after he was born, just gave him formula. When she came back to trying to pump, nothing came out.

A week later, the little guy still isn't back to his birthweight so they're changing more formulas and whatever else. 
    I think that if they would have just let her nurse him the way she wanted to, this all (possibly) wouldn't be an issue. 

(Her son was born at 41 weeks and almost 9lbs, went down to just under 8lbs -if he was underweight or a premie this wouldn't be my UO :) )
    4/15/16: Beta 379, 4/18/16: Beta 1358! 
    5/2/16: 2 heartbeats  <3  <3
    5/11/16: Baby A hb180, Baby B hb166 

Due 12/22/16 with two! 

• Options
    There's a time and place for snark.

I also vote BFing in public. DH just doesn't want me to cause a scene. I explained I wouldn't be causing the scene, ignorant assholes would cause the scene. Boobs actually serve a purpose. Society has sexualized them. Another reason I hate society.

My UO - Watermelon is gross. It tastes like water and sugar. There's nothing pleasant about that. Blech.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @phoenix870509 - I'm going to need you watch your mouth talking so rude about watermelon.  

I EP'd DS (since my pancake nipples and bowling ball breasts were too big for my 3 lb baby to eat from) but I will be freeing the breasts if I can nurse these babies this time.  I will have no time for modesty with two nursing babies.  I will also gladly tell people to 'suck it' at the slightest hint of disapproval.  

@Mrsstarkey08 - I'm sad for your sister.  I don't know if there were any other contributing factors beyond not gaining weight back, but I'm so sad nobody talked to her openly about what supplementing would do to her not yet formed supply.  My DS was supplemented from birth with high calorie formula which he needed to thrive.  My nurses were on my ass to pump every 2 hours despite that.  It's okay to need to supplement for a healthy baby, but sounds like she didn't get the right direction/support on the pumping side.  :-( 

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    Oh yea and by like 4 months in I was BFing everywhere in public, no cover. I was just so focused on feeding my baby I didn't care AT ALL if someone glanced at the fact that I have a nipple. Guess what. So do you! Take a gander! They are not that interesting.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    @DiFazette and @mamabirdoftwo will you put down the pitchforks if I say cantaloupe is amazing and honeydew is good, but only when it's super ripe????
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @DiFazette and @mamabirdoftwo will you put down the pitchforks if I say cantaloupe is amazing and honeydew is good, but only when it's super ripe????
    Ack, I had to jump in here!  I love watermelon but ripe cantaloupe makes me lose my lunch even when I'm not pregnant!!
  • Options
    @phoenix870509 I'm all for ripe cantaloupe and honeydew!! I really just love melons. 
  • Options
    I think this thread would be more interesting if people expressed opinions that were unpopular (at least to some) and controversial.  Like the circumcision one last week.  We would also probably stop being so nice.  

One of the other boards (Oct? Nov?) has a good OU thread like every week.  It's interesting.
  • Options
    @penelope4612 I always read those threads too!
  • Options
    I'm sure things will get a little more intense when people start talking about controversial things like co-sleeping, crying it out, whether or not to vaccinate, spanking, etc. But those things can still be discussed respectfully.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    I second @sammyl1221. There really isn't a need for 3 'registry/buys/must haves' threads. especially not all on the front page.

My UO is that if you don't cash a check within 2 weeks then it should become void and you are SOL. It might be hard to hit a bank during their open hours, but they typically have an overnight box or an ATM that can do deposits.
    Omg seriously! I'm still trying to pay for our vacation LAST MAY because I wrote a check for the beach house we stayed at on May 2nd and the guy didn't cash it until August and it bounced!
  • Options
    My UO is that I don't like PB and J sandwiches. Never have, never will. I think it's a texture thing.
  • Options
    kbdukekbduke member
    I appreciate snark as much as anyone else does but I think there is definitely a time and place for it. I love how open and welcoming our board is to new people and different ideas. If it gets snarky down the road, fine. But I hope we can still keep the same respect we have now.