May 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 5/29

Didn't see a recent one of these and I didn't just want to post my stuff wherever so here you go...

DH is the best bc he picked up coffee for this morning. LO actually did great with sleep last night. Went down at a decent time and only up every 2.5 hours to feed, then right back down. But I still need my coffee. It's been days. Yay caffeine.

Also we're having visitors today from work. He and his wife are having a baby in October. They picked our brain a few months ago, but I think they're still nervous and want to see how it is with an actual baby. I want to be positive and optimistic to them, but it's so hard with my current lack of shower/sleep/consistent meal times/etc.

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/29

• Options
    Just throwing this out there. I've been wearing my Bellefit almost constantly and it helps with my CS pain SO much. I had the horrible hot spot pain and the burning sensations and when I wear it, the pain is almost non-existent even with no pain meds. I've even taken to sleeping in it which I thought would be impossible at first but no more pain when rolling over and getting out of bed. I can't recommend it enough! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I find it so weird that today was LO's due date and instead she's already thirteen days old! I can't imagine still being pregnant now 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Scratch that on the visitors... The guy from work forgot his wife had a party to go to this afternoon. This is the second time now so I'm guessing it's just probably not going to happen. Sucks bc I've been missing out on the adult social interaction. On the plus side, since I am exclusively pumping I pumped ahead so I wouldn't have to while they were here. If LO cooperates we may get to go out and run some family errands today without me worrying about getting home to pump. Yay!
  • Options
    Another one.

Has anyone changed their mind yet on how many kids you thought you wanted before having LO?

We wanted two, and at this stage we are not ruling out a second child, but are not as set on it as what we were. 
    Don't get me wrong, we love LO something fierce, but maybe one will be enough for us. 

Was wondering about the other ladies on here? Thoughts?

• Options
    Another one.

Has anyone changed their mind yet on how many kids you thought you wanted before having LO?

We wanted two, and at this stage we are not ruling out a second child, but are not as set on it as what we were. 
    Don't get me wrong, we love LO something fierce, but maybe one will be enough for us. 

I have my moments. There are some times where LO gets a little overwhelming and I think to myself that there is no way I could do 2 (or even 3 like DH is talking... I think we need to have a chat. Lol). Or we have days like today and I think to myself that I definitely want more. Regardless we're waiting a few years so no decisions to be made in that front for quite awhile. :)
  • Options
    dsmith211 said:
    Another one.

I have my moments. There are some times where LO gets a little overwhelming and I think to myself that there is no way I could do 2 (or even 3 like DH is talking... I think we need to have a chat. Lol). Or we have days like today and I think to myself that I definitely want more. Regardless we're waiting a few years so no decisions to be made in that front for quite awhile. :)
    DH and I talked about it last night- having Ezra almost cemented for us having more. It's challenging but it's also the best I've ever felt in my life.
  • Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    Another one.

We want two. A few days after delivering I was convinced I would never do it again. But I will! Already talking sib set names (Nick and Chloe are front runners). I know dh wants a son, so we will definetly try once more! My only concern is energy levels. I'll be 35 this August and dh is 40. I wouldn't want to try for another two years or so. How the hell will I deal being 37 at the youngest, dealing with a toddler and pregnant?! 

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    We just did the first family pool trip. I wore my maternity suit. 

I hate being pregnant and I told myself two was it. Then I had an amazing labor and delivery and a newborn that is delicious and am on the fence. If money wasn't an issue I would easily have 3.
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    Ive had a crazy week and have been dealing with some BS. On Wednesday, a truck drove through our house. He hit the window that snowballed into hitting the couches that hit LO RnP where she was sleeping. Thankfully we are ok  but now we are dealing with getting everything repaired. It took 2 days for the insurance adjuster to come out and look at the damage and of course being a holiday weekend nothing is getting done until Tuesday at the earliest. 

• Options
    @pooputtette omg how scary!!!! So glad everyone is okay-- I can't imagine what went through your mind when you went to your LO!
  • Options
    @pooputtette I'm so sorry - that must have been terrifying. Fingers crossed for fast repairs. Also, did you go apeshit on the truck driver?
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    pooputtette  glad you are ok! How scary!  so not cool.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Options
    After the twins, I said "we are good with 2!"  Especially because I have PCOS/infertility.  But then I  got pregnant  (still shocked!) and made it to 37.2weeks.  My OB said after my c-section that the scar tissue was so minimal after the twins that I could certainly have another one.  That is certainly good news, but we are pretty certain we are good as a family of 5.  I just love love love the newborn stage. So snuggly!

Mama to Three Girls: 

• Options
    TXmamatobe Does the bellefit help flatten and shape, or it is just temporary for pain managementand positioning?  My section was almost 3 weeks ago, so I don't have pain issues anymore, so I'm not sure if I should get one. What do you think?

On an unrelated note, Clara's cord stump fell off in her diaper today, at 2wk 6days old!  She's such a good girl!!

Mama to Three Girls: 

• Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    Ive had a crazy week and have been dealing with some BS. On Wednesday, a truck drove through our house. He hit the window that snowballed into hitting the couches that hit LO RnP where she was sleeping. Thankfully we are ok  but now we are dealing with getting everything repaired. It took 2 days for the insurance adjuster to come out and look at the damage and of course being a holiday weekend nothing is getting done until Tuesday at the earliest. 

Oh my! Glad you guys are ok but sucks
    you have to deal with the aftermath! 

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    @pooputtette Holy effing sh!t. Thank goodness you all are okay! I hope the repairs go quickly and that driver gets what he deserves. This was terrifying just to read - I can't imagine how you felt/feel. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    JennyS86 said:
    TXmamatobe Does the bellefit help flatten and shape, or it is just temporary for pain managementand positioning?  My section was almost 3 weeks ago, so I don't have pain issues anymore, so I'm not sure if I should get one. What do you think?

On an unrelated note, Clara's cord stump fell off in her diaper today, at 2wk 6days old!  She's such a good girl!!
    Yes it most definitely does!! I can wear it under clothes as a shaper and as long as I'm not wearing something white or tight, you can't see it at all. Each time I take it off, there is a noticeable difference in the size of my stomach/uterus area. I have two sizes and each has two sets of hooks for different fit (if you get the corset version) and I've already worked down to the smaller size. Even when not wearing it I've been so happy with the way my waist has trimmed down. I had great results after my first pregnancy and so far, it's been wonderful this time as well. I'd say it has made it easier for me to start using my core again also. 

• Options
    Just tried my Baby K'Tan just after our last feeding and it was a success. LO fell asleep after a few mins and didn't have a nervous breakdown. Now to see how it works out once he's awake. His new thing is that he constantly wants to be held and of course I can never get anything done so keeping fingers crossed awake baby wearing goes as well.
  • Options
    gamommyx3gamommyx3 member
    edited May 2016
    @pooputtette I think I would have torn that guy apart!!!

@dsmith11 i love my k'tan & also my ergo carrier. I ate breakfast wearing it yesterday and did dishes wearing it today. 

ETA because TB mobile app sucks and we all know it.
  • Options
    @pooputtette I can't even imagine how scary that must've been! Glad you all are okay! 
  • Options
    @Aquinna82 I'm liking the K'Tan so far too. DS tolerated it pretty well once he woke up. I was able to have him in it and get some stuff done for about 30 mins before he started getting fussy/hungry again. He seemed to like snuggling up against me. Really glad that at least if most of the other stuff isn't going to plan for us that I'll at least get baby wearing. :)

DH actually was jealous and pulled out the other carrier we got bc he wants to try it now. Lol.
  • Options
    arj14arj14 member
    @pooputtette Oh my god, I am so glad you are all alright!!  Especially after the RnP getting hit with baby in it.  Oh my god.  After the shock wore off I'd probably get arrested for assaulting the driver.  Do you know what caused the driver to do that?

My random:  I just got home from the hospital about an hour and a half ago after being there since Thursday morning having Baby, and I'm kind of sad that my cat isn't more all over me and loving me up / being my shadow. :(
    Anniversary

• Options
    Thanks everyone. It is sadly common in South Florida for this to happen as it is usually an older driver. But this guy was in his 20s-early 30s and i truely believe he did black out. I saw the truck coming up the   yard  and soon as he hit the house i  scooped  up LO and ran outside. The  driver had jumped out say kept saying "im sorry" He had hit the neighbors mailbox and over corrected and ran onto our house.  I think the jolt of hitting the house woke him up. 
  • Options
    @pooputtette Yikes! I'm so glad that everyone is okay. That's absolutely terrifying. 
  • Options
    Aaarrrgggghhhhh! So apparently I am only allowed to drive 6 weeks after my c-section?! That's crazy... Sure this can't be the norm? Ladies?
  • Options
    slfezzslfezz member
    edited May 2016
    I was able to drive once I didn't need to take Norco during the day. That was 2 wk PP for me. My dr didn't give me any firm restrictions besides no sex/tampons. He just said "listen to your uterus and it will tell you when you are doing to much" (increased bleeding and clots)

ETA: I had a c-section this time, but I don't remember long term drive restrictions with my vaginal deliveries either. 
  • Options
    Aaarrrgggghhhhh! So apparently I am only allowed to drive 6 weeks after my c-section?! That's crazy... Sure this can't be the norm? Ladies?
    My doctor recommended two weeks but said that as soon as I wasn't taking the oxycodone and felt like I had some ab strength I could. I was driving one week pp
  • Options
    So weird. I stopped pain meds a week after surgery. DH thinks it's a legal issue or something. It's frustrating, our public transport system is not great, so I have to rely on DH or my mom to take me places. Which is fine I guess, but I was looking forward to driving again. 
  • Options
    vinerievinerie member
    I drove at 10 days pp after a c/s with no issue. I think everyone is different and you have to listen to your body. 6 weeks seems excessive, but it might take that long for some..,They told me no lifting anything over 10lb for 6 weeks, which also seems excessive. DS is now over 10lb, so I break that rule every day, numerous times per day. But I've got no bleeding and no pain, so I guess it's okay to slightly break that rule....?
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    VS2016VS2016 member
    edited May 2016
    Just about everyone I introduce Nora to asks who she is named after.  When I tell them no one they are surprised and say it's a really old name.. I'm not concerned about it because I love it, but just curious if anyone else gets that question a lot when you just picked the name because you liked it. 
  • Options
    I was told no driving or stairs for 2-3 weeks depending on my balance, ab strength, and whether or not I was taking pain killers. The major issue with driving is having enough strength to really push the brake in an emergency without hurting your healing incision. It's still in repair-mode for 6 weeks. Last time, I was told no lifting over 10lbs for 3w; this time I was told 10lbs for week 1, 20lbs for week 2, 30 lbs for week 3. 
  • Options
    vinerievinerie member
    VS2016 said:
    Just about everyone I introduce Nora to asks who she is named after.  When I tell them no one they are surprised and say it's a really old name.. I'm not concerned about it because I love it, but just curious if anyone else gets that question a lot when you just picked the name because you liked it. 
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Nora. 

We named DS Tristan and people have made similar comments, also asking the origin of the name ("Is that Irish?") I don't mind it and I think it is a compliment in that they want to learn more about the name!
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    vinerie said:
    Anyone else's baby really struggle to pass gas or poop? Mine grimaces and gets all red in the face and really works at it. And then TOOT!!!  followed by complete relaxation. 
    We get screams and cries and then toot. I feel so bad for he because there's not much we can do to calm her. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Options
    vinerie said:
    VS2016 said:
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Nora. 

We named DS Tristan and people have made similar comments, also asking the origin of the name ("Is that Irish?") I don't mind it and I think it is a compliment in that they want to learn more about the name!
    We get that with Ezra too. I think it's funny when they ask where we got the name from and I say "I googled uncommon baby boy names..."
  • Options
    vinerie said:
    Anyone else's baby really struggle to pass gas or poop? Mine grimaces and gets all red in the face and really works at it. And then TOOT!!!  followed by complete relaxation. 
    We get screams and cries and then toot. I feel so bad for he because there's not much we can do to calm her. 
    Me too and he really goes nuts sometimes and I feel so sorry for him. Assuming based on your similar experiences that this is normal though I'll ask the dr at our appt tomorrow.