December 2016 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self is Eating 5.23

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating 5.23

• Options
    @em01092 I know what you mean! I have the semi-sweet chocolate bar palette and I haven't used it at all since I found out I was pregnant. 

All this donut talk is killing me though. There's a great local place that makes the most ginormous donuts. It's called the Texas Donut and if I can find a picture on my phone I will come back to upload it. It is seriously bigger than I imagine most of our babies will be and it is delicious. 
  • Options
    I ended up eating a baked potato instead of a salad to compliment the donuts...looks like I'm just continuing in this carb theme. Healthy!
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    @ashleaf2018 it was the craziest thing! I'm holding it up to my face to use the mirror and about half way through, I got super hot and sick feeling. Like had to go lay down. Mind you I had been awake for over 2 hours and not eaten yet, plus I have had essentially no morning sickness, just food aversions. So I was like, what the heck? Then I realized...it was the palette. I couldn't believe it. LOL

December 2016 August Siggy Challenge: Embarrassing Back to School Pics

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Magically tortilla chips and cheese and then later pineapple both sounded/tasted divine and stayed down!!
  • Options
    dmontgodmontgo member
    I just had Korean for lunch. Kimchi HEAVEN.
  • Options
    beff12beff12 member
    I like your style @LinziLoo09. I'd love a baked potato right now! 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    cgss11cgss11 member
    Forgot my lunch so I got Taco Bell. So much of it. So good. 
  • Options
    I went to Taco Bell last Friday for lunch. It was the first in MANY years but was so good.

There were 2 boxes of glazed doughnuts sitting up by our printer this morning that someone in our department brought in. I declined taking one, but then ended up buying a Honey Bun from our Market Place cos I needed the carbs. That and my lunch (Healthy Choice meal) was about my daily caloric intake for the day. Good thing I had veggies as a snack beforehand and tonight we're grilling. It evens out, right??

I made some Trader Joe's cornbread last weekend... for me... and I am sad that I can't go home after work to finish it. I have a facial and then picking up my nephew from daycare (sans makeup, ha)... so it will have to wait until tomorrow's after work snack. GIVE ME ALL THE CARBS!
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Don't judge me. I needed carbs. I ordered a chicken alfredo pasta from Pizza Hut. I ate it all.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)
  • Options
    leksiLleksiL member
    Love this thread. I had FRUIT LOOPS this morning for breakfast for the first time in probably a decade - with whole milk - so good!

My FAVORITE thing though is that they had fresh peaches at the grocery store and they are my favorite thing ever! I used to pick them on the family farm and pig out as a kid. Awesome.

I had taco bell the other day, and I also had a spicy chicken sandwich, fries and a Frostie from Wendy's over the weekend. I think before BFP I hadn't had fast food in two years. :shrug: (of course I have pregnancy and moving/unpacking excuses to play with!)
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    beff12beff12 member
    @ashleaf2018 that looks amaaaazing. I wish you could portal some of that this way! 

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• Options
    You guise...  I was browsing Pinterest recipies today when I was doing meal planning and came across a recipie I had saved for strawberry jello pretzel salad. Anyone know what this is?  I made it and it's the most delicious thing I've ever had in my mouth.  I told H that if he didn't have some tonight it would likely be gone by tomorrow when he gets home from work.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    beff12beff12 member
    DiFazette said:
    You guise...  I was browsing Pinterest recipies today when I was doing meal planning and came across a recipie I had saved for strawberry jello pretzel salad. Anyone know what this is?  I made it and it's the most delicious thing I've ever had in my mouth.  I told H that if he didn't have some tonight it would likely be gone by tomorrow when he gets home from work.  
    My mom makes this!! Sooo good. 

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• Options
    @DiFazette LOVE LOVE LOVE strawberry pretzel salad! Mmmm. The first time I had it years ago the lady who made it gave me the recipe because I seriously ate half the pan

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @DiFazette I have had that... but mostly at church functions. I think the last time was for a friends bridal shower at a church, but I am pretty sure someone made that at one of my showers (it was dessert only for food). It is good though! One of my cousins, his wife recently pinned that recipe so I may have to pin it too!

• Options
    Taco Bell's Mexican pizza. Again.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)
  • Options
    I had a hot fudge sundae last night and wanted to swim in it it tasted so good. But yeah, still give me all the gummy candy. I think I'm going to go steal a pack of my toddler's fruit snacks right now.
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Kacie209Kacie209 member
    edited May 2016
    All that gummi talk... I went and bought some SweetTart mini gummy bites in our break room. 2.5 servings... almost gone. I also want to go buy some fruit snacks.

Edit: Cancel that... all gone.

• Options
    I just went to Target and they have Pizza Hut breadsticks in their prepared food place. So I got some and ate them all in my car on the way back to work. Mmmmmm.
  • Options
    @Kacie209
    that makes me happy, and sweetarts sound so freaking good.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jenlynne0624 They were really good, and had some sour to them too... which I know people have talked about. However, after eating entire bag... I did not feel great. But, did it hit the spot for the time being? Hell yeah. *lol*

• Options
    beff12beff12 member
    I've been craving sonic slushies lately - I ate so many slushies when I was pregnant with DD. DH brought one home for me when he came home for lunch. It was soooo good. I think I need one daily now. 

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• Options
    What am I not eating is an easier question... I'm going to gain so much weight. I had 3 pancakes with syrup at 8, eggs, hashbrowns, toast and strawberries at 11 and I have an apple crisp in the oven right now. With my other two kids I couldn't eat much in the first trimester because of really bad nausea and vomiting. I don't really have nausea at all this time or any food aversions so basically I can't be stopped. 
  • Options
    @phoenix870509 I work about 5 minutes from the Ben and Jerry's factory so often sneak away to get a cone. LOVE the peanut butter chocolate combination. Mmmmm.

• Options
    @acreight13 Nice! My sister works in the same building that the Haagen Daaz headquarters is in, and they get A LOT of free ice cream from them.

• Options
    sheshaesheshae member
    lucky charms and all the strawberries in the world
     Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• Options
    I was always so naive about cravings. I thought I would only crave more of the things I already like, so...strawberries, green smoothies, mangoes...that won't be so bad, right?

no the case. All I want, all the time, are carbs and cheese. I don't even like carbs. I do, like cheese... I just always limit it or avoid it for nutritional purposes. But not pregnant me. The other day, I wanted cheese sticks, stuffed crust cheese pizza, and macaroni and cheese for dinner.

I didn't go through with it, but it took everything in me to say "just the pizza, will do"
  • Options
    I ate a salad!!! Sure...it was covered in strawberries, oranges, and praline pecans, but there was spinach in it! I'm so healthy.
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    @phoenix870509 I work about 5 minutes from the Ben and Jerry's factory so often sneak away to get a cone. LOVE the peanut butter chocolate combination. Mmmmm.
    We live close to the university DH and I used to attend, and there's a Ben and Jerry's on campus! There used to be one at the mall nearby, but that closed years ago. I told DH we need to meander over there because one of the places on campus serves these chicken teriyaki rice bowls and I was thinking about them the other day and how obsessed I was with them. Next opportunity we get we're heading over there!
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Right now, whole grain/wheat bread from panera, fritos, challah bread, unsweetened black ice tea and hash browns from Dunkin Donuts. Sometimes I shove salad and fruit down my throat. Super healthy
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • Options
    I freakin want a soft pretzel. DANG IT. But I know it'll make me feel horrible in a different way (celiacs) BUT I WANT ONE I WANT ONE I WANT ONE.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    FitTrisFitTris member
    I'm finally starting to eat more, but still can't bring myself to cook.  H is out of town for the weekend, so...lots of take out for my boys and me! I will get past this! I just signed up for a CSA box for the summer, so I know i'll have lots of fun coming up with ways to use the fresh fruit and veggies.  I think I only have a few weeks left of this funk, if this pregnancy is as text book as my other two. 
  • Options
    cgss11cgss11 member
    Raw veggies had been fine with me, but salads seemed icky. Today though there was a Greek salad in the workroom, and I went to town on it. I think it was the salty olives and feta that was so good to me.
  • Options
    DiFazette said:
    @DiFazette I literally just made this on Tuesday for a cookout we hosted. My mom is from Pittsburg where apparently a lot of people make it. I grew up having it at every family function bc everyone loves it and now I make it often for get togethers. It is sooooo good!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PharmDMom I am from Pittsburgh and it's definitely a thing here! And delicious. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PharmDMom & jenlynne0624 - I grew up on the other side of the state.  I wonder if it's a PA thing?

@slartybartfast - I would cut the Pope for a Philly soft pretzel. 

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    I think tonight is spaghetti with meatballs and grilled cheese :)
  • Options
    cgss11cgss11 member
    I think of the strawberry pretzel salad as a Midwest thing. It was at all the church potlucks and parties in Ohio. I have a few church cookbooks and there's at least two recipes in each. 

Now I want it.
  • Options
    beff12beff12 member
    @PharmDMom I am from Pittsburgh and it's definitely a thing here! And delicious. 
    I mentioned that my mom makes this - she grew up not far from Pittsburgh! 

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014