December 2016 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self is Eating 5.23

Hungry this week? What are you eating/craving?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating 5.23

• Options
    I finally found something that sounds appealing and tastes good too!! Marie Callender's creamy chicken and mushroom pot pie - yum yum!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Gummy bears. Gummy worms. Jelly Bells. The gummy penguins from Trader Joes that have the jelly in the middle. Give me anything gummy. All of it. I'd like some peach rings, please.
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    uromysuromys member
    Hungry. I'm so hungry! I want a deep fried Cheesesteak Stromboli with Sriracha. Or a really good burger with a jalapeño, cheddar cheese, fried onions and sriracha mayo. Go ahead and toss some avocado on that if you could. My dear lanta I'm hungry

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• Options
    kbdukekbduke member
    I just bought a bag of laffy taffy...
  • Options
    Bought the industrial-sized Sour Patch Kids bag. 2 lbs of candy and it's already like half-gone. They are sooo good. But I think my teeth might be rotting? lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I FINALLY got some Rice Krispie Treats Cereal!! It's amazing and just what I needed. I've also been really craving meat lately- meatball subs, cheesesteaks, hamburgers, you name it. I am usually someone who eats very little meat (was vegetarian for the 5 years prior to my last pregnancy), so this is odd. 
  • Options
    dmontgodmontgo member
    edited May 2016
    I want Doritos, in my mouth, STAT.
  • Options
    I always have a sandwich bag of cereal with me at work to snack on. Last week it was Lucky Charms, and this week is Cocoa Puffs.

Easy Mac has still hit the spot for my lunches most days. And most carbs.

Last Friday we stopped at Burger King on a drive to my grandparents, and that Whopper Jr. hit the spot. It was seriously the best Whopper Jr. I have ever had. I think more may be in my future.

I have not done well with some pop, like sprite and even ginger ale. It's too sweet for me, which I guess is a good thing to avoid.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    rice chex with cold skim milk. hard boiled eggs. pb toast. string cheese. repeat.

I found a gf blueberry muffin at a coffee shop this morning. That actually went really well. I'm pretty sure I'm about to barf though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    At present I'm munching on a bag of Reese's pb cup minis and they are Devine
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am craving basically nothing at this point.  Absolutely nothing sounds good.  I just really want to want food again. :s
  • Options
    Ugh it's so hard. I avoid this thread usually because it makes me nauseous but my appetite has been coming and going. It seems like traditional cookout foods-- potato salad, pasta salad and hot dogs have been appealing. Also, Life cereal has been my go-to when I'm starving but nothing sounds desirable. 
    And clementines. Eating so many clementines. 
  • Options
    lol i'm with @Christinaruth74 
    This weekly string kills me every time. I come here, hoping to find inspiration for food my stomach won't reject, and I leave even more nauseated than before. God bless you all. 
  • Options
    Peanut butter crackers! Gotta get me some more!
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• Options
    Raisin bran... Of ALL things. I'm especially shocked as for over 20 years I haven't eaten cereal (I think it has to do with being grossed out by my parents making is drink the milk when we were younger. Heaven forbid there be waste).  My life would be way more exciting if I was craving lucky charms or something...
  • Options
    @bailando.bebe - Raisin Bran has been the only craving that I have had and I am now eating a bowl at least 3 or 4 times a week around 10 or 11 p.m. Crazy
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Raisin nut bran is my jam right now.  Eating peanut butter toast with sliced banana for morning snack.  Lunch is really hard.  Today I had leftover homemade pizza.  Dinners are harder than lunch.  Snacking for me is where it's at.  Cottage cheese and fruit, Greek yogurt with granola. I'm pretty much sustaining off of dairy, carbs and fruit.  I force myself to eat vegetables a few times a week but I'm literally gagging them down and going to give myself a break this week.

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    beff12beff12 member
    edited May 2016
    I mixed up some corn salsa yesterday and it's been delicious (but I've been giving DD my tomatoes...shh). It's corn, black beans, cilantro, tomatoes (I should have used fresh instead of canned), onions, lime juice, and seasoning. It's delicious. 

That's where the healthy stops haha. Other than that, I just eat what tastes good. Some days everything tastes good and some days nothing seems at all appetizing. 

I'm surprised that I haven't been wanting soda. I usually drink a glass a day but it just hasn't been appetizing lately. Water and lemonade and juice, please! 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    I made beef stew and cannot even look at it-and ate and ENTIRE BOX of fake Betty Crocker scalloped potatoes for dinner along with 3 biscuits. Ugh.
  • Options
    whitneyp26whitneyp26 member
    edited May 2016
    Gummy bears. Gummy worms. Jelly Bells. The gummy penguins from Trader Joes that have the jelly in the middle. Give me anything gummy. All of it. I'd like some peach rings, please.
    I dreamt about peach and apple rings
  • Options
    kbdukekbduke member
    @DiFazette I'm with you on the vegetables. I make myself drink green juice in the morning to try to get some sort of nutrients in.
  • Options
    MS has ramped up so hard this week. I haven't been sick the whole pregnancy combined as I have the last week and a half. Only thing I can keep down is soup. Specifically the Campbell's chicken with rice soup.
  • Options
    @jennbaylor12 it also hits me late at night too! We can all use the extra fibre at least...
  • Options
    I made homemade apple pie yesterday for me and the other pregnant lady at work. DH and I just ate some warmed up with vanilla ice-cream. I want to eat all the rest of the pie and ice-cream now.

And on a totally separate note, I'm starting to have urges to make collard greens again this pregnancy...
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    beff12beff12 member
    I ate a bagel with cream cheese weeks ago and I still remember how disgusting the cream cheese tasted. Tonight I'm craving cream cheese. What in the world. 

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• Options
    I've been cautious up to this point...but it's been a full week today since I last threw up. And the only reason I threw up a week ago was I took some meds on an empty stomach. Food is my friend. I cooked dinner last night. Like, a full adult dinner with a protein, starch and veggies. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans and carrots. And I ate everything on my plate! I'm cautiously optimistic I am out of the MS woods...very cautiously optimistic. And carbs are still my bff. Bagels, mac n cheese, Pillsbury biscuits. Yum.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Normally all of the things mentioned above would sound 'da bomb-don King Kong' for me. I used to enjoy cooking and eating well. For the past 8 weeks nothing sounds good and eating is not enjoyable. Eating is like chore...womp womp
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

• Options
    @whitneyp26 A girl after my own heart. That would have been a heavenly dream. Now I really need to find peach rings and the green melon ones too.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've made an executive decision to stop by Krispy Kreme on my way home from work today to pick up a dozen glazed. I may or may not tell DH I am doing this and may or may not eat all of the donuts by myself.
    Dang it, now I want Krispy Kreme! The closest one is 15 minutes away.

DH is so funny, he's getting my cravings. His #1 craving is ice cream. He tells me yesterday the baby told him he/she wanted ice cream (got a little teary, cause that's the first time he's done something like that). But we were both stuffed after dinner, so we're getting ice cream today. Not like I have 2 pints of Ben and Jerry's in my freezer right now...and no he's not allowed to touch them. Chocolate Therapy and Peanut Butter Core. I have a sickness for chocolate and peanut butter.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    beff12beff12 member
    I've made an executive decision to stop by Krispy Kreme on my way home from work today to pick up a dozen glazed. I may or may not tell DH I am doing this and may or may not eat all of the donuts by myself.
    DH and I were talking about getting a hotel room when he has off next week, even if it's just for a night, while DD stays with my parents. I said my only requirement was a hotel with room service that would bring me all the doughnuts. 

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• Options
    @beff12 - SEXY times with the donuts!!! LinziLoo09 APPROVED.
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    I worked at Krispy Kreme my senior year in high school and I can't even smell them anymore without gagging- and that's not pregnant. Thankfully they all closed around here lol. I do love their sugar donuts when they're hot though. mmm.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kbdukekbduke member
    Oh Krispy Kreme... the reason I will gain 200 pounds this pregnancy. I've been craving them like crazy and then out of no where yesterday DH mentioned that he's been wanting some. So needless to say there are now 2 dozen on my kitchen counter.
  • Options
    Mamax2Mamax2 member
    Oh, I love Krispy Kreme, but only when the "Hot doughnuts now" sign is on. Sucky thing is, the closest one to me is about 45 mins away.
  • Options
    Mamax2Mamax2 member
    Maple and brown sugar oatmeal has been my go to breakfast lately. I can stomach it, and it keeps me from wanting to eat all the time.
  • Options
    Shwee25Shwee25 member
    Peanut butter toast is soooo good right now! :)

Me: 25 | Him: 31

Married: September 2014

DSS Born 2/2/08

TTC our 1st since December 2015

BFP 3/18/16 - EDD 12/1/16

Proud Parents of a 5 year old Miniature Dachshund

• Options
    Nilla wafers! Mmmm
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    edited May 2016
    This is how much I DON'T want chocolate right now. Smelling my Too Faced chocolate bon bons eyeshadow palette almost made me hurl. 
    December 2016 August Siggy Challenge: Embarrassing Back to School Pics

BabyFruit Ticker