September 2016 Moms

Have you decided on a name?

Re: Have you decided on a name?

• We are having a girl...and currently have a top 5 list (in my order of choice)...what's your vote on the following:
    1. Clarke

2. Piper

3. Kennedy

4. Tatum

5. Cadence

My Husband really likes Tatum for some reason, I don't want that name at all so it will probably be coming off the list or not one that we actually end up picking.  With my first LO i think we were in the 30's weeks before we finally decided...and our list was MUCH longer.  So i'm not in too much of a rush yet.
    Oh, I like Clarke! And I like the 100 too :) I like Piper too. I have a negative association wit Kennedy, and for some reason when I see the name Tatum, I think of a potato. Like "Tator". I'm the only human that would think that though.
  • There's no way we are going to know until the baby is born....right now, I think we are between Brooke Elizabeth and Melia Brooke for a girl, and we are thinking Jesse Michael or Jesse Blake if it's a boy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @MrsVoorhees - you're not the only human that would think that.. I've always immediately thought of tator tots when I hear tatum.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @camichael84 I think both options sound great - which is why, I'm sure, you're having such trouble deciding!

We had the hardest time deciding whether to give DD one middle name or two.  (She was always going to be Evelyn Della.  Marie (which is my, my Mom's and my Grandma's middle name) was optional.)  We struggled with the length of two middle names and worried it might cause headaches for her later in life (needing passports and other documentation to match exactly, changing her name at marriage, etc).  DH wasn't a fan of two middle names so we left the hospital with an Evelyn Della.  But I couldn't let it go!  She looked SO MUCH like DH, sometimes I felt like she had nothing of "mine" and was really hung up on the name, even after she was born.  DH eventually said I should do whatever made me happy so I started the process of changing her name (to add Marie) and finally made it official when she was about seven months old.  It sounds as crazy as it was.  :smirk: 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • seitzy3seitzy3 member
    Everyday ours changes. We have three names picked out and every day we refer to her as a different name just to see if any stick. We will most likely choose at the birth either Brooklyn Elizabeth, Harper Madelyn or Ava Madelyn 

i had a dream last night we named her Hannah but not sure where that came from! 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • @erinmarie86 I really Piper and Cadence. We picked Piper DS's middle name- Vivienne Piper
  • Opinions... I didn't want to make my own thread for this, so I decided to throw it on here:

Would it be weird to re-use my husband's name again for my second son's middle? We have a Nixon Anthony, but with our theme, we have no other family members names who fit into for a middle. I love the name Felix, and think that Felix Anthony sounds really nice together, but am hesitant because it's reusing the name. Thoughts?
    Wife to A; Mama to C (2009), N (2011), H (2014) & baby F due 09/16/16
  • Our little daughter is still Amelia. It's always been in my short list and I'm happy with it, even if it wasn't my top one. Basically, it was the only name DH liked out of the ones I liked. After getting several "oh... but why Amelia?", we're finally at a point where people have accepted it and have gotten the clue that we're not taking opinions into consideration. We're both happy with it, it's a beautiful name and it goes well with our family.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We finally decided on a first name but are struggling with the middle. My husband is very picky. He wants something uncommon but isn't giving any suggestions. He has turned down all of my ideas. If anyone has suggestions for a name that works with Wyatt I am open to all ideas. 
  • 618mom22boys618mom22boys member
    edited May 2016
    Our little daughter is still Amelia. It's always been in my short list and I'm happy with it, even if it wasn't my top one. Basically, it was the only name DH liked out of the ones I liked. After getting several "oh... but why Amelia?", we're finally at a point where people have accepted it and have gotten the clue that we're not taking opinions into consideration. We're both happy with it, it's a beautiful name and it goes well with our family.
    Our little girl is also going to be Amelia!  I haven't had any negative reactions to it.   Lots of Oh that's beautiful!   My friends and family must know me to well and if they don't like it they aren't saying anything .
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • I think we've narrowed it down to Eliza and Ruby. We had top 3 decided around now with both boys and picked around 35-36 weeks I think. DH is in no hurry.
  • We finally decided on a first name but are struggling with the middle. My husband is very picky. He wants something uncommon but isn't giving any suggestions. He has turned down all of my ideas. If anyone has suggestions for a name that works with Wyatt I am open to all ideas. 
    Give me an idea of your last name. Even a "sounds like" or how many syllables.
  • For a girl we've narrowed it down to Nina or Ramona. For a boy, Nico, Rocco, or Milo. We haven't even THOUGHT about middle names (and we may skip it all together since we have such a crazy last name. We really don't need to worry about other people with the same name running around.)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @tgilbert27  Wyatt Carter, Wyatt Mason, Wyatt Ryan, Wyatt Luke, Wyatt Orson?

@themaritimemama Yes, I think it's odd. But in the end, the boys are not going to go around introducing themselves with their middle names together their whole lives, so I think the attention to the weirdness would die down after a bit. What about Felix Michael, Felix Peter or Felix Nicholas? (Anthony happens to be a very popular name in my family, so I suggested all the other "family" names!)

@erinmarie86 Piper is far and away my favorite name on your list. Three of the names on your list are actually surnames, and I'm personally not a fan of surnames as first names (but I do recognize that it's a pretty popular trend, so you do you!) Clarke is my least favorite because, not only is it a surname, it's also difficult to spell when heard (because of the E.) And it's also most definitely a male name without the E. ...............Now I've said it in my head a bunch of times and it's starting to sound really bizarre and it's always weird when that happens.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @KimmySchmidt I just need to say how I love that you suggested Orson. This is one of my all time favourite boys names,but DH has banished it to the 'future pet' list. Sigh. He doesn't know what he's missing.
    Natural M/C 03.26.2012 at 10w2d
    Charlotte born at 28w3d due to severe IUGR on 12.24.2012 Merry Christmas!
    Missed M/C discovered 12.22.2014 at 8w1d measuring 6w3d
    2015 was a year to test strength of both body and character, but it led us to this... BFP 01.26.2016 EDD 9.30.2016
  • SLou24SLou24 member
    @erinmarie86 I LOVE Kennedy, with Piper a close second! Clarke would be really cool for a girl too. I know, I know, I'm a lot of help :) 

@seitzy3 I love all of those!! Especially Brooklyn and Harper. All of the combinations with the middle names are really beautiful, too! 
  • @KimmySchmidt @SLou24 thanks for the input...Piper does seem to be a crowd favorite!  we'll see what happens in the upcoming weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are in such a weird name place. At first, we were all about the names and came up with lists and discussed, etc. After we found out it's a boy, all our name motivation stopped. DH wants to take a few names to the hospital and decide there, but at this point we're taking a list of 20 first names, no middles that we decided back in February. Hopefully the motivation comes back!!

AlwaysAuntNeverMom I love Amelia - classic, beautiful sounding, and not too common.

• @erinmarie86 I'm about to give some personal information which is usually a no no for me but....my dog, who I am in complete love with, is named Piper. So, I LOVE that name. I've never met a human Piper but the name is so darn cute and everyone who hears her name has positive comments about it. So that's my pick ;)
  • DH and I are stuck on names, and dislike the ones the other suggests.  Right now the only one we can agree on is Claire Abigail.  I'm on the fence with how much I like it though, DD1 is Charlotte and I'm not sure I like the C trend if we have another kid later on.  

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th
  • @cassloumy - I met a little girl named Miriam who went by "Mim" which I thought was an absolutely adorable nickname. Obviously if you're not a fan you don't need to use it.. but I thought it was a cute nickname to go along with a really timeless name
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AnnaS930 That's a great nickname! We've privately thought up Mimi, but it reminded me of the character on The Drew Carey show, and some grandmothers go by that. So, we were at a bit of an impasse there.

i appreciate the support too! I lost my happiness with the name for a while hearing some younger women on my team call it an old lady name. I still love it though, and I love the family connection
  • @Steephers123 I personally don't think it would be odd to break the "C" theme if you have a third. If you like Claire, go for it! I actually really like the name as well :) 
  • @classloumy my mind went to "Miri" as a nick name, and I kinda dig it!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• KimmySchmidtKimmySchmidt member
    edited May 2016
    @Steephers123 Claire and Charlotte both start with C's, but they don't start with the same sound. I don't think it comes off as too matchy. (Although I think if you do have a third girl, you kind of have to name her Celeste to knock out three different "C" sounds" with your French girl names)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I think we will narrow it down to a few names and make the decision when we meet her. The thought of naming a human being seems quite overwhelming at times. I like waiting though. :)
  • Our little girl's name is Emery Rose.  I love the name but am currently trying to decide if we should use it as a double name.  I really like how it flows together I just don't want to be too confusing. Opinions appreciated! 
  • ThscaryThscary member
    Our little girl's name is Emery Rose.  I love the name but am currently trying to decide if we should use it as a double name.  I really like how it flows together I just don't want to be too confusing. Opinions appreciated! 
    Love that name!! I don't think you can go wrong either way. It will sound nice on its own or as a double name 
  • Thscary said:
    Our little girl's name is Emery Rose.  I love the name but am currently trying to decide if we should use it as a double name.  I really like how it flows together I just don't want to be too confusing. Opinions appreciated! 
    Love that name!! I don't think you can go wrong either way. It will sound nice on its own or as a double name 
    Agreed. Both are nice! I lean towards the double name personally
  • We decided on Natalia alawa for our girl and Easton Gilbert for our boy :) I think we are100% :)
  • I think we have decided on Damien Michael- I was unsure about the first name in the beginning (it makes me think of the movie the Omen) But I think I have come around. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Gabriel Michael and we are going to call him 'Gabe' it was so weird how we came up with it...my husband and I were out driving around. He said hey I got a good baby name, I looked at him and said Gabe! He freaked out, because he thought I read his mind. I am not a mind reader. We both loved the name, no girls name picked out and we found out it was a boy :smile: 
  • owlcupowlcup member
    We haven't decided. DH likes Louise (he wants to call her Lulu which made my ovaries die of cute) for his Great Grandma) I like Josephine (NN - Jo, after my grandma Mary Jo). I also like Lydia and Amelia. Whatever middle name will start with an R as we all ended up with R middle names. 

Honestly, names stress me out terribly. Especially girl names! I have name regret with both my other girls! :P

Baby 1 - 10/2010 | Baby 2 - 8/2012 | Baby 3 - 6/2014 | Baby 4 - EDD 8/2016 - MC 12-27-2015 | Baby 5 - : 9/2016

• We decided on names faster than we can pick out a restaurant for dinner. We were incredibly decisive. We will be using the girl name that we picked out back before we were even TTC our first...Evelyn Elizabeth.

• owlcup said:
    We haven't decided. DH likes Louise (he wants to call her Lulu which made my ovaries die of cute) for his Great Grandma) I like Josephine (NN - Jo, after my grandma Mary Jo). I also like Lydia and Amelia. Whatever middle name will start with an R as we all ended up with R middle names. 

Honestly, names stress me out terribly. Especially girl names! I have name regret with both my other girls! :P
    Name regret!! Oh no!! That's a huge fear of mine and I'm really struggling with names this time.
  • Morgan Danielle.

We've known for a long time that the first name would be Morgan for either a boy or girl.  The anatomy scan confirmed the middle name for us.  Boy would've been Morgan Daniel.

Our middle name is honoring one of my DH's Army buddies who was killed in Iraq several years ago.

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16