September 2016 Moms

Have you decided on a name?

BernieRaeBernieRae member
edited May 2016 in September 2016 Moms
I know we have threads to discuss names, but I'm curious the percentage that have already decided.

*Pick yes if you are team green and have decided on one name for each sex. And I guess still pick no if it's twins and you have only one name picked...

Have you decided on a name? 189 votes

Yes
57% 108 votes
No
42% 81 votes

Re: Have you decided on a name?

• Team Green! We have a few girl's names picked (Zoe, Mila or Haley, we'll decide closer to the birth) but we aren't even remotely close to agreeing on a boys name! Good thing we feel it's a girl I guess...
  • Loading the player...
  • I've decided but DH isn't totally on board yet. so, I had to vote no. :(
  • We have a list of 3 names, but won't decide until he is born. So... I'm both and neither. 
    Natural M/C 03.26.2012 at 10w2d
    Charlotte born at 28w3d due to severe IUGR on 12.24.2012 Merry Christmas!
    Missed M/C discovered 12.22.2014 at 8w1d measuring 6w3d
    2015 was a year to test strength of both body and character, but it led us to this... BFP 01.26.2016 EDD 9.30.2016
  • I had names picked out like 2 weeks after i found out i was pregnant lol. Just needed to wait for A.S. to find out which one i was going to use. She will be called Ellie Paige. And everyone always asks how Ellie Mae is doing. Im like good lord, i hope she wont hate us. Lol
  • SLou24SLou24 member
    I've finally gotten DH to agree to a few names on my list, but we are far from decided!! 

I suppose it's a step up from when we first discussed names and all I heard was "no...no...no...no" without offering up any options of his own! 
  • Wow, this is so interesting to see the split! Thanks for voting. We might be ok with waiting until the birth to fully decide, but want to have 2 choices picked out and can't seem to even do that. DH would be fine having no middle name, but I want one so we want to have that figured out too.
  • ashtasht member
    So far we have Ava, Malia, and Lilly in the running 
  • Hazel Rae we think, but I'd like to see her before committing to anything 100%. 
  • CRich15CRich15 member
    We have Brynlee but can't decide on a middle name. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • jln27jln27 member
    We had names for either gender before TTC. I picked out the middle names about a month or so ago.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Randy Lee will be here in 15weeks (repeat scheduled c-section)
  • We had names sort of picked out but now have changed our minds about them and now we are back to square one...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We were set on the name Gwyneth before we ever even got pregnant but since then we both really like Pippa. Still undecided right now but I'm rooting for Pippa! 
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!

• Since our son was stillborn last year, we are hesitant to settle on a name until much closer to delivery. Our little girl is nameless at the moment. 
  • Team green and not even close. 
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes but not decided if we'll share it until birth... too many folks have opinions :/
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Chloe Jean! Lol my mom is already embroidering 
  • Tippy05Tippy05 member
    We have a girl name, no boy name.  That only makes me more confident that this one is a boy (Team Green).
  • I'm struggling this time. With DD1, we had her first name picked out years before and still loved it then so that was her name. And her middle name was easy because it's my grandma's and my husband loved it because it was a name from X-Men...lol. This time around I can't find anything that I am just in love with like I was the first time. It bothers me to think of naming this girl something I don't love like I love her sisters name. That being said, we do have a short list of names I like but don't love:
    Emma
    Harper
    Callie

I love Emma but I would love to think of a longer name and give her the nickname Emma since it's so popular, that way if she had other Emma's in her class, she could go by her first name. But my name has been on the top 5 or top 10, or just really close to it for years and years and I rarely meet people with my name.
  • I feel better that their are many other people in the IDK category.  I only have one name for each sex and I feel ok to liking but I think I should really love the name, right?
  • Team blue and we have not decided on a name yet. My SO only likes two names, neither of which I am in love with and he doesn't like any of my suggestions. Back to the drawing board for us...
  • @jhems776 - you should definitely love the name. Or have a few that you really really like that you can look at the little one and have one just fit and feel right
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We're team green, so we don't technically know what our babies name will be, but we have had our names selected long before I became pregnant! We're 100% committed to our names, too!
  • Our baby girls name has been decided for a long time. We had a boy and girl's name picked out before the anatomy scan. She will be Cecily Ticana.
  • We had his name picked when we were team green last time but had a girl.  His name is Lucas Michael.
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @AshleyB09042015 Love Cecily!! I have really considered this name but I don't want her to have the nickname CiCi and I'm afraid that will be what happens. I'm still thinking about it though!
  • We are having a girl...and currently have a top 5 list (in my order of choice)...what's your vote on the following:
    1. Clarke

2. Piper

3. Kennedy

4. Tatum

5. Cadence

My Husband really likes Tatum for some reason, I don't want that name at all so it will probably be coming off the list or not one that we actually end up picking.  With my first LO i think we were in the 30's weeks before we finally decided...and our list was MUCH longer.  So i'm not in too much of a rush yet.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are having a girl...and currently have a top 5 list (in my order of choice)...what's your vote on the following:
    1. Clarke

2. Piper

3. Kennedy

4. Tatum

5. Cadence

My Husband really likes Tatum for some reason, I don't want that name at all so it will probably be coming off the list or not one that we actually end up picking.  With my first LO i think we were in the 30's weeks before we finally decided...and our list was MUCH longer.  So i'm not in too much of a rush yet.
    I'm mostly team Anti-Tatum on this list. I just don't see it as being a pretty name any way I try it (I had a high school classmate whose little sister was Tatum and I just could never grasp it).  Of the list I think I like Kennedy the most, I REALLY like Piper but I get too stuck on Orange is the New Black - though that fad is already dying down and will probably be gone by the time little ones are in school.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AnnaS930 Piper is certainly one of my Faves...It's interesting because i casually mentioned it to someone before we knew we were having a girl and my Husband shot it down right then! but i left it on the list and now he likes it!  I hadn't even thought of Orange is the New Black...we watched that show briefly but got over it.

I will admit Clarke did come from the show the 100

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @erinmarie86 - I loved Piper from back when Piper Perabo was big.. Coyote Ugly was one of the coolest movies of middle school.  I think it's a super adorable name.  My niece is a Harper, and for me a Piper would be too similar so I've never included it on my girl lists but I do really really like it. 

Also - my son is Emmett and people have a million assumptions as to where the name comes from. My husband is a Cowboys fan so most people think he's named after Emmitt Smith (nope). Then we had people say "Cool, like the Lego move!" ... nope, hadn't seen it before our son was born.  Long story short, go with the names you like regardless of where they did or didn't come from!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Eliana Nicole is what we decided on a few weeks ago.  
  • Chloe Jean! Lol my mom is already embroidering 
    I love it! We will be using to name Jean for a middle name, too (after my late grandmother). Classic name :) 
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!

• We just decided last week! Team Green, so it'll be Chiara Michelle for a girl or Benjamin Thomas for a boy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AnnaS930 i have a nephew named Cooper...very cute name...and we do call him "Coop"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I clicked yes, because we are set on her first name. Still debating whether to incorporate my maiden name as a middle name. (Now that DH is on board, I don't know which I like better.) So we will have a Layla Rose or Layla Michael Rose.

• JennM205JennM205 member
    edited May 2016
    @camichael84 We are debating on our girl middle name, too.  (We still don't have any sort of boy name to speak of.)  Girl name is Isla Dale.  (Dale is DH's middle name as well as both of his Grandfathers' names.)  But I would really love to honor my sister in some way and considered a second middle name but nothing really works.  My sister is Jacquelyn Mae.  Isla Jacquelyn Dale is a mouthful...  Isla Mae Dale sounds very country...  So it'll probably just end up being Isla Dale.

ETA: Spelling

Edited again to add - Though, after thinking about it...  DD is Evelyn Della Marie.  So is Isla Jacquelyn Dale any more of a mouthful than that...?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @JennM205 I don't think Isla Jacquelyn Dale is that bad as far as length of a name. Isla and Dale being so short makes adding the Jacquelyn doable to me.

However, length is totally why I'm considering only going with one middle name. DD1 is McKenna Lee and I love how easy it is to incorporate her middle name when talking to her. I purposely picked another one syllable middle name for DD2 for that reason. I also love the way McKenna Lee and Layla Rose sound together. However, I'm not certain I want to give up using my maiden name and still think it's a pretty name both middle names. So I'm torn. I keep going back and forth, and may not even know until she is here.