Options

FFFC

13»

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sboston06 yeah it's "too long didn't read."
  • Options
    On the paci thing, my mom told my little sister that it was time to donate all her binks to babies that didn't have them. She quit cold bink turkey. I really don't know what I want to do about a paci. Any STM not use them at all and not had an issue?
    I didn't give my daughter a paci at all and she seemed content without one but there are times I feel like she only wanted to comfort suck and not really hungry per se, which is where the paci might be useful. We're gonna use the paci on our second baby and see how that turns out.
  • Options
    @thepen15ismighty DD used a pacifier for all of 2 days. It was great for those 2 days, then she refused any and all kinds. Some days I was glad I didn't have to always have one clean and handy, other days I wished she would have kept it longer. I plan to try it out again with this LO
  • Options
    @thepen15ismighty my kid wasn't a fan either. He always spit them out.
  • Options
    @sboston06 I'm sorry!!! Hang in there. Something will work out! And you'll know that house was meant to be!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    rnyland1 said:
    My FFFC is that my son turns 3 in October and I haven't done any potty training. My son hasn't really shown much/any interest in it. My H and I both work full time so I don't even know where to start :(
    I attempted before 3 but my son wasn't ready. I was able to get him fully trained in only a couple of days at around 3 years and 1 month. Don't feel bad... It will happen! Maybe daycare can help work on it? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    FFFC: I low key resent DH for doing activities several days a week after work while I'm stuck in the house writing this paper and dealing with all the uncomfortableness of pregnancy. He went out for drinks Wednesday, to play golf Thursday, and to play basketball today. I'd be surprised if he didn't have something planned for this weekend too. I secretly can't wait until the baby gets here so he'll have to bring his ass home to help. 
  • Options
    FFFC: I low key resent DH for doing activities several days a week after work while I'm stuck in the house writing this paper and dealing with all the uncomfortableness of pregnancy. He went out for drinks Wednesday, to play golf Thursday, and to play basketball today. I'd be surprised if he didn't have something planned for this weekend too. I secretly can't wait until the baby gets here so he'll have to bring his ass home to help. 
    THIS. So much. I have the same exact feelings about my DH right now. He goes out and has all the fun and I'm stuck at home growing babies and being generally miserable. 
  • Options
    ncm1919ncm1919 member
    THIS. So much. I have the same exact feelings about my DH right now. He goes out and has all the fun and I'm stuck at home growing babies and being generally miserable. 
    All of this. Being left out has to be my biggest gripe about pregnancy. At least the weather is changing. I think I was on my way to being actually depressed this winter when I was stuck in this God forsaken house. I didn't realize until we started having spring just how miserable I have been. 
  • Options
    @thepen15ismighty my son was literally born with suck-sores on his arms from sucking his arm so much in the womb. The pediatrician who visited him in the hospital said "This child needs a paci".  So we tried...and tried...and tried.  When he was happy, when he was sad, we tried to give him a paci to see if he would love it. He never took to it no matter how hard we tried. He preferred to chew on things rather than suck things.  Every kid is different...just don't buy much of one thing (unless you're buying something like diapers or wipes) before you get to know their preferences. Trust me, thy have a lot of opinions from day one. ;)
  • Options
    I never used a pacifier, but I totally sucked my thumb until I was at least 8 (much to my mom's dismay). I was just stubborn and am bad at breaking habits and it's hard to take a thumb away. I finally quit....then started biting my nails, which I still do. Besides the nail biting, I turned out ok. But I do hope my kid is not a thumb sucker. 

@oandmplus1 Just out of curiosity, have you tried a weighted blanket with her? First time mom myself so I don't have much firsthand experience, but have a few family members and have worked with kids with Autism that found weighted blankets to be helpful with sensory issues. I don't know if it would really help with the paci issue, but maybe it would? 

**stuck in a box:  we have An amazing OT and have tried lots of sensory alternatives. she does sleep with a weighted blanket too. this is going to sound bad but she is just very orally fixated. 
  • Options
    @megstervt thanks for all the ideas! sleep has been our biggest issue with her. I am trying to teach her now to fall asleep on her own before baby comes because I am often up in the middle of the night with her. 
    she is developmentally delayed, so the normal strategies of explaining things to her won't work, as far as we can tell her skills are around anoon 18 month old level, but she does understand a lot of things we tell her.  But I love your ideas and I am definitely going to add them in while I am working on sleep with her. 
  • Options
    It is a day late... but my confession for the weekend is I just figured out how to put the ticker in the signature on here. :( It really sucks only being able to log on to the website from work for so long.

Next step is getting a picture on my profile now that the cable guys installed internet at home! :smiley: 
  • Options
    afaddis89 said:
    It is a day late... but my confession for the weekend is I just figured out how to put the ticker in the signature on here. :( It really sucks only being able to log on to the website from work for so long.

Next step is getting a picture on my profile now that the cable guys installed internet at home! :smiley: 

You are close but not there yet.

• Options
    Lol just noticed :blush: trying to fix it now heheh
  • Options
    WOO! Success!