• Options
    Beat me to it.

DH 30 Me 29
    Married May 16th 2015
    EDD July 1st 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

July BMB June Siggy 

• Options
    Baby has been measuring ahead, and I have a growth scan scheduled for Thursday. I kind of hope that my due date is changed. I know LO will still come when he feels like it, but if the light at the end of the tunnel is a little closer (at least on paper) I think I will feel better mentally.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LDSJM123 said:
    If you have a walking, talking, potty trained toddler that still gets a pacifier, I'm judging you as a parent. 

and if they're still drinking from a bottle. I have to say, having a toddler and being around friends/family with toddlers has opened my eyes to how differently we all parent. My nephew had a pacifier until he was 3 years old (no wonder he has speech issues) and our friends 4 year old got warm milk in a sippy ("tete", the wife is Venezuelan) before bed every night when they stayed the weekend with us.

• Options
    LDSJM123 said:
    If you have a walking, talking, potty trained toddler that still gets a pacifier, I'm judging you as a parent. 
    Same here! Except DD(2) found an old paci and started chewing on it and calling herself a baby. :( I think she was chewing on it because her molars are coming in. I would never allow her to take it out in public. 
  • Options
    YeezusButtersYeezusButters member
    edited May 2016
    My confession: I'm enjoying this clean slate ordeal. I miss the old butter name but now I am freeeeee.
    I still don't know why I went from one warning to gone overnight, I miss my old name :( 
    You're friends with the rest of us snarky b!tches. ;) I still don't know why I was banned, either.
  • Options
    LDSJM123 said:
    I totally felt this way until I had a 2.5 year old with a paci (oops).  I knew it was an issue, I just had the hardest time getting him to give it up. I side eyed myself even.

The bottle issue still irks me though, I see friends on facebooks with their toddler drinking a bottle and I seriously judge.  I guess I live in a glass house and throw stones :smile: 
  • Options
    TiffRox81 said:
    Also, I'm offended that it's taking this long for them to assess the person that was just reported. It took them .2 seconds to ax oaktree when she posted her PSA.
    I happen to think this is funny, but I often laugh at my own jokes, lol. Should you ever be in need of another....ICantBelieveItsNotButters would be fitting! Especially given the reasons these name changes happen! 
    ha! thanks! I'll put that one in the memory bank.
  • Options
    ktomorrow said:
    I'm refusing to click on the random threads that look like they should be in one of our nicely organized threads, because it feels like enabling. Yet, I'm worried that such restraint means I'm missing entertaining snark... err tough love.
    you know what annoys me? When people entertain these random threads! They enable these people to keep posting and give them reason to think people are being "mean" to them when they're redirected to existing threads. There was a poster a while ago who always posted her own special symptom threads. At first everyone would respond and be really nice but after a while it got old. Why didn't she look in the symptoms thread? Lazy people will always get a side eye from me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    TM14TM14 member
    My daughter,  2 , uses a pacifier but only at night. She's getting to the point where she spits it out like right away so maybe it's time to take it. It just helps the nights she has night terrors, or growing pains. THOSE nights are the worst.
  • Options
    TM14 said:
    My daughter,  2 , uses a pacifier but only at night. She's getting to the point where she spits it out like right away so maybe it's time to take it. It just helps the nights she has night terrors, or growing pains. THOSE nights are the worst.
    I was (probably still am) the mean mom. My daughter only got it at night time starting somewhere between 6-9 months and I took it away cold turkey at 1. The first few nights were rough for her, but I just didn't care. That sounds horrible doesn't it?  :# 
  • Options
    TM14TM14 member
    LDSJM123 said:
    TM14 said:
    I was (probably still am) the mean mom. My daughter only got it at night time starting somewhere between 6-9 months and I took it away cold turkey at 1. The first few nights were rough for her, but I just didn't care. That sounds horrible doesn't it?  :# 
    Not at all! Whatever works =D I'm going to try that soon but am so not looking forward to it. 
  • Options
    TM14 said:
    I called my daughter a princess once and she yelled at me for it. She doesn't want to be one. She wants to be a lion. Whatever makes her happy!
    Oh my God that is ADORABLE!!! I always pretended I was an animal so I'm hoping our daughter is the same way.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    erin7264 said:
    I strongly disapprove of little girls being called princess and I believe it encourages them to grow up entitled and helpless. 
    Me too! I hate all the phrases on little girl clothes. DD(2) calls herself a princess. We have never called her one. She will only say it when she is wearing a dress and I'm assuming it's because she thinks she's pretty? I don't know. I just want to be able to buy normal cute girl clothes!
  • Options
    erin7264 said:
    I strongly disapprove of little girls being called princess and I believe it encourages them to grow up entitled and helpless. 
    Princess was only used sarcastically when I was growing up. My mom called us that when we were being dramatic or difficult. My dad used 'pumpkin' and 'peanut' as terms of endearment for us girls. I suspect 'bean' will stick for this baby. 
  • Options
    LDSJM123 said:
    When I pick my nanny kids up from the preschool room, there is  mom that picks up her 4 year old daughter, and the first thing she does is hand her the pacifier.  :o
    TM14 said:
    Nope, @LDSJM123 -- this is what we did, to a T. Sometimes you just gotta "go hard or go home." It's crazy how quickly they forget about it, but when it's done, it's done.
    I've been putting off ripping off the band-aid... judge away. DS's 2-year molars have been growing in, and I'm already waking up 2-3 times a night with him. He's only allowed a bink at nap-time and night-time - it lives in his crib - but he also spits it out shortly after falling asleep, so hopefully it really won't be too many rough nights. The plan is to take it away within the next couple weeks, though, as I don't want him to associate losing his binkies with his baby brother arriving. I also figured this will be the less stressful of upcoming transitions - excluding getting a sibling, we are starting potty-training in the next month - so probably best to get this out of the way first. Not looking forward to it!
  • Options
    LDSJM123 said:
    When I pick my nanny kids up from the preschool room, there is  mom that picks up her 4 year old daughter, and the first thing she does is hand her the pacifier.  :o

I used to work with a 4 year old and would pick him up some days from home.  Every time he would leave the house with the pacifier and the first thing I would do when we got to my car would be to take it away.  He did have Autism, so there was an extra layer of context, but still...nope. 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    I've been so busy with work that this is the first 5 minutes I have had to glance at anything that is not a work email. Not sure when the update happened, but my Instagram icon changed. 

Fffc: baby shower is tomorrow and I could really care less. 
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    @megstervt I seriously need your help, I think.  This is also part of my confession. My 5 year old DD still uses her paci at night. In my defense she has Autism and significant sensory issues (she is non-verbal too) and the meltdown at night without it is so bad I can't calm her down.

I once took out both my toddlers in the middle of the night to buy a new one because she was so beyond being able to be calmed down (for those of you who haven't had the pleasure, a meltdown for a kid with Autism is not just your average meltdown at times).

I wish someone could spend the night with me to help me figure out how to get rid of it!