October 2016 Moms
Options

Setting up nursery?

Re: Setting up nursery?

• Options
    @scostel2 If you're doing those koalas, you need this book for the nursery, too:

https://www.amazon.com/Everything-Emma-Dodds-Love-Books/dp/0763671282

(Mobile is being weird so I can't make it clicky)
  • Options
    @kaessi we got whales and just plain grey. inbox me I'll give U my name to stalk the registries lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Paturkey thanks so much! I love it! 
  • Options
    LMNOBaby said:
    P.S. Anyone looking for rockers (or other baby furniture/accents) - check out Wayfair.com!! Cute stuff, great prices and FREE SHIPPING!  So pleased with the stuff I've ordered from the so far, too!
    Seconding this! Our glider was a Wayfair buy more than a year ago for DS nursery. It was so much cheaper than most stores, easy to put together, and has stayed in great shape the past year!
  • Options
    @sjo&thetwins I am so jealous of how much you've done!!! I want to get started nowwwww. 

I have checked out Wayfair and Overstock for a white upholstered swivel glider but can't find one that's a decent price. The one I want at PB Baby is on sale for only $900....sigh. We may start looking for something locally instead. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @RainMira9e aw, that's such a bummer! We haven't had any issues yet. Put the rocker together easily and it's adorable. Just got the crib, but it's sitting in the box for a couple weeks while we get the carpet replaced... I hope you can still fix it!
  • Options
    @sjo&thetwins that room is awesome!
  • Options
    Especially when you're getting double everything @sjo&thetwins ! I agree with the Walmart shopping - I was looking there and Wayfair. Walmart has fantastic prices!!
  • Options
    I saw a suggestion on a forum last time I was pregnant to get a rocker that reclines so you can lay down if baby is asleep on you.  I did buy one, and cannot say enough about how happy I was to have the recline function and not be stuck upright when I was so exhausted on many many nights.  I found an awesome one at buy buy baby, I think the brand is little castle.  If you get the ottoman, you just have to push it away with your feet before you put the recliner leg rest up.  
  • Options
    naravnanaravna member
    We moved in this apartment 2 years ago and did a paint job, so no painting for us (thank heaven). One wall is grass green, the rest are white (like in every other room). I am team green and we like green so it fits :) It would be good to paint a tree on the largest white wall, but I just don't have the energy. Maybe later.
    We just got a new wardrobe for the bedroom and new shelving for the living room, so not too excited about yet another few weeks when we have to move things around. From the old furniture, a dresser and a bookcase goes to the nursery (now guest room, but mostly storage). We have to get a crib and a chair (for nursing), but there isn't much room, so no more furniture yet. We may have to get another dresser or a small wardrobe, but we'll see. Later we'll have to get a loft bed with desk for all the furniture to fit in.

• Options
    I just ordered our furniture. Not too happy that we had to pay $300 in shipping surcharge because everything we wanted was out of stock everywhere, so we couldn't get the items shipped to the store. We got lucky, both set of parents are splitting the cost and buying the furniture for us. We are so appreciative of that! We will be the ones buying the glider and mattress and conversion kit. Can't wait for it to all come in. Painting will commence in a few weeks. So exciting! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    afry613afry613 member
    Just ordered our crib today!!! Now the dreaded 8-10week wait!!!! Also pulled dd's old nursery furniture in this LO's room. We are going to get the natural furniture painted white to match the new crib and current furniture... So excited now!!! Just need the perfect reclining glider!
  • Options
    I have no doubt it will turn out adorably, but whales & flamingos could not be a more random combination in my mind (lol).

@paturkey- we are converting our garage into a 3rd bedroom and my H has recently taken to running different room configuration options by me with tiny graph paper cut outs. Haha. Nut, indeed ;)

This thread is making me anxious. 
  • Options
    Our crib should arrive at the end of the month!!! That's the only piece we have ordered so far. I'm so anxious to get this room done, but everyone keeps telling me I have plenty of time....21 weeks just doesn't seem that long. And I of course need it done way before then! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    We dont close on our new house until June 8th so we can't even start prepping until then. It's driving my planning brain BONKERS. 
  • Options
    Walls are painted, new pretty wooden outlet plates are on, and the crib and dresser set arrives on Friday...  Holy cow this is happening!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    samkinssamkins member
    Our nursery has been the designated junk room since we moved in. We spent last weekend cleaning it out and wow was there a lot of crap! 

The crib bedding arrived and I love it, it's gray and mint and we picked up some paint samples. Can't wait til we can really get started!! This is the crib bumper, mint ruffles on top. 
  • Options
    I have been starting to clean out the room that is going to be the nursery. It is currently the guest bedroom, and I also use the closet for my clothes! Lol. I have been majorly purging mine and DH closet so we can consolidate in our room! I won't start anything else until we find out gender in NINE days! Wooohoo!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Does anyone have an Etsy shop they are using for crib bedding?  I found one, but wanted to shop around.  Any recs?

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    @nlane0723 I haven't made a purchase yet but I have a few saved from LottieDaBaby and FabricAndFox. Just waiting for our big ultrasound since bedding is one of the few things im
    not buying gender neutral :)
  • Options
    My husband and I are not exactly sure what to do about the new baby's room.  Our house has three bedrooms - two larger rooms and one smaller room (so small that a queen bed would take up most of the room).  Our two-year-old is currently in the small room (he's still in a crib) and he'll probably stay there until our second is six months old and starts sleeping in the crib.  Then we're not sure what we'll do.  We can't fit two cribs or one crib and one toddler bed in the smaller room.  We could either move them both into the larger room (which is now the guest room), but the problem with that is the guest bed won't fit in the smaller bedroom.  Or we could just not have a guest room and put the oldest in the big bedroom and the youngest in the small bedroom.  This will work, but only until they're old enough to understand the difference in room sizes.  Maybe by then we'll have gotten around to refinishing the basement...
  • Options
    Thanks! @NicholeL16

I found 3LollipopGirls and LittleOasisNurseries.  The lollipop shop is way cheap. Two full crib sets for around $450. I sent a list of each fabric I wanted.

TTC since 2011
  • Options
    @ignoscemihi Have you thought about putting a trundle bed or futon in the small room for guests and then putting both kids in the big room?  My parents used to have a trundle bed in the guest room and it worked well.
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• Options
    @Blonde1817 we hadn't really thought of that, though it's definitely an option.  My only worry about a futon or trundle bed is that we won't be able to find a comfortable option that's big enough.  We live halfway across the country from our families, so when our parents or siblings come to visit, they tend to stay for a week.  I want to make sure they're comfortable when they're here.  Anyone know of a really comfortable queen-sized futon?
  • Options
    LGW2015LGW2015 member
    @ignoscemihi My parents have a couch that pulls out to a bed and it's super comfortable when DH and I stay. I think they got it from Wayfair actually.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have not begun planning a nursery yet. A friend has loaned us a bassinet that will fit perfectly in our current room, where baby will sleep at first. But we might move our bedroom and turn our current one into a nursery. Otherwise, baby will share our room until we are comfortable having baby sleep on a different floor than us. The separate floor thing has us stumped. I'm sure it will be fine with a high quality video monitor, once baby is old enough but we are still hesitant. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice @kmvisioli. This is our situation, too. 

• Options
    jbal918jbal918 member
    Can't wait to clean the room this Sunday so that we can start! We cleaned out the closet already to make room so now it's time for the room! My best friend (guy) is coming to help my husband since I can't lift the furniture in there that we are getting rid of and the full size bed in there is going to my Moms house. 
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    aligalig member
     This is what I am secretly most excited for! I love to decorate so I've had to force myself to just waaaait it out until I'm a bit more comfortable with the reality that is baby! I also am struggling with what to buy and what to wait out...I tend to buy everything I want and then get in trouble because people wanted to give as gifts!

First order of business is cleaning out the current furniture and getting in nice and clean for the ideas to start flowing!

We are also not finding out the gender while i am super excited about so going to be a super cute urban, boho style room. Yay! Babies!
  • Options
    We are going with a grey, teal, and orange transportation theme but dh is graphic designer and will make our wall hangings with this as inspiration 
    1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
    IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
    IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!
  • Options
    @blonde1817 We have the Hemnes in DS nursery and it is perfect as a changing table! I keep things like lotion, wipes, diaper creams, baby powder etc organized in the small top left drawer, and diapers fit great in the drawer next to that. Hope it works just as well for you!
  • Options
    @ignoscemihi We have exactly the same room configuration/problem. Right now the tiny third bedroom is the guest room. It is literally just a queen bed and a tiny desk with the computer. Our basement is not yet finished so for now we'll just go without a guest room. Guests can either aerobed it in the living room, or they can have DD's bed (double bed since she got the bigger room) and she'll sleep on a cot or twin sized aero. If it's just one grandma staying over they might just bunk with DD- they've both done that before on trips and reunions. 

I feel bad that this LO will have the tiny room, but first born first serve I guess! Once we do finish the basement we'll have a guest room, "man cave" theatre area, and a play area, so that will help with the space. If we ever get around to finishing it off that is...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We live in a three story home (3 bed/3.5 bath + a large loft).  It's a great home, just not an ideal setup for a growing family. We had to decide who gets dumped in the third bedroom on the bottom floor. We decided to put the nursery down there just because they will be sleeping in our room the first 6 months anyway and turning the loft into a 4th bedroom seems like a lot of work.

TTC since 2011
  • Options
    JaJuanYJaJuanY member
    mizzkbrat said:
    We dont close on our new house until June 8th so we can't even start prepping until then. It's driving my planning brain BONKERS. 
    I'm with you on that, we're moving from Texas to Virginia at the beginning of July, and will rent, so I have no idea what type of room for the baby we'll end up with.  We have pretty much picked out what furniture we want, so it will just be a matter of ordering it when we know where we'll live.  I had been set on a woodland theme for decor, but have recently switched to nautical/whales/other sea animals.  We won't know the sex until early June, so I figure I can do mainly navy blue/white and then add pink if it's a girl and green if it's a boy for accent colors.  I wish I could start getting it ready NOW!
    Me: 35 DH: 39
    Married: 10/11/15
    Baby girl Addie born 10/12/16 <3:)<3