October 2016 Moms

Setting up nursery?

Anyone starting this yet?  My crib and rocket just were delivered and I'm eager to put them together!!! Turned 17 weeks yesterday.   With my oldest we had a nursery a year before he was born (we had a couple losses and met with foster care services as we were going to go that route before we did ivf) plus my mom had purchased a set for us from a friend when I was about 6 weeks pregnant
1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!

Re: Setting up nursery?

• We are getting the nursery ready too. We've been using that room as some storage so its getting cleaned out today and will be painted very soon, colors are all set. Furniture is picked out, just waiting for both sets of parents to get together and purchase it. They offered to buy it for us. Which is SO GREAT! It's going to be a busy summer getting everything ready. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• We put our crib together and have a dresser/changing table combo and a rocker in there and it's amazing how done it looks! I figure I have the energy now so why not. All of the stuff we've purchased so far is gender-neutral..
  • Loading the player...
  • @strickland8052 I will never get over that print... for a color, I would say a very pale lavender, to accent the inside of the carousel :) Or even white with lavender trim?

We are in the process of converting our attached garage into a master so our current master can be the nursery for LO and LO on-the-way.
  • Not yet, and I'm getting so excited to! We're waiting until we now if peanut is a boy or girl before we start anything. I'm pinning a few ideas for now, but it's not the same. We're also redoing DD's room this summer, so I'm focusing there until we know one way or the other. 

@strickland8052 I love that print! I think lavender would be pretty, or maybe a light blue to pick up some of the other accents like the flags. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We're still working on buying a home, but as soon as we get the keys we'll be painting the nursery and getting that set up. 
  • We're waiting until we learn the gender (next week), even though we plan to have a pretty gender-neutral nursery. We have started researching furniture and graphing out layouts (I like to cut the furniture out and move it around on graph paper to get things just right). 

I'm hung up on whether or not to put a bed or sofa bed in the nursery. It seems really practical to have the ability for one parent to sleep in the nursery with the baby while the other parent can get a good night's rest in the bedroom, but this approach seems very uncommon. Any thoughts on this?
  • My "nursery" is currently still my dining room. I can't take anything out of storage or buy anything new because the renovations on the house are stalled. DH is being a lazy a$$ and hasn't done anything in almost a month. I'm so frustrated because it's not like I can build walls, install windows and doors or put down flooring! He has to finish the new living room (an addition) so we can shift the dining room to the current living room and put up the walls for the nursery. Grr.
    BabyGaga
  • Our nursery situation is all up in the air at the moment. We may be moving in a couple months, so no point setting anything up here if we are. If we do stay, we can't really set anything up until well after the baby is born. We're in a super tiny house with a huge attic master bedroom, so baby will sleep with us for the first 6 months (like DD did) and then we'll convert our master into a big nursery/play room for the two kids to share, and we'll move into the downstairs bedroom that DD is in currently. But, we already have the crib from DD, so it won't be hard to set things up once we know exactly where we're going to be.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• No nursery here.. :( baby will be in our room for about 6 months and then share with big sister.. so I'll just get stuff to make it mesh in there for them :)
  • sdianne said:
    We're waiting until we learn the gender (next week), even though we plan to have a pretty gender-neutral nursery. We have started researching furniture and graphing out layouts (I like to cut the furniture out and move it around on graph paper to get things just right). 

I'm hung up on whether or not to put a bed or sofa bed in the nursery. It seems really practical to have the ability for one parent to sleep in the nursery with the baby while the other parent can get a good night's rest in the bedroom, but this approach seems very uncommon. Any thoughts on this?
    I'm definitely having a bed in the nursery. I think we are just doing one twin bed that we already own (storing the other one until baby is old enough for a real bed!) Our bedroom is downstairs and the other rooms are upstairs so it's a good spot to have in case we are just too tired to come back down after a nighttime feeding. Also a good spot to fold baby clothes and such! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • We too are converting our garage into a master- then DS will get our room and baby will get the nursery. But first we have to finish building the shop which will function as our new garage! Then repaint DS new room & get him furniture, and paint our new room. Here's hoping it will be in functional (if not finished) condition by September or October :) but the nursery is good to go! Lol. 
  • @sdianne I like the idea of a daybed in a nursery, but we opted to use the space a bed would take up for cubby storage and play area. I think if you pick something that could become a "big kid" bed, that would be a smart way to use the space both now and later, so it doesn't just become an extra thing you have to deal down the road. We just kept DS in a pack n play in our room the first few months so I wasn't dealing with stairs in the middle of the night, and H could help me as needed during midnight feeds and changes.
  • CaptainPhasmaCaptainPhasma member
    edited April 2016
    We rent so we can't really paint, but we do have an office / guest room that we can turn into a nursery.

Right now the plan is leave the ikea futon in there, get rid of the desk, add a convertible crib, gliding rocker, and changing table with a chest of drawers for storage, then have a side car co-sleeper for our bedroom across the hall while pumpkin is Itty bitty.

We're team green, for theme I'm leaning toward night sky or sky in general: sun, moon, stars, clouds, balloons, rocket ships, planets, that kind of thing. Torn between pastels and primary colors.

Also I plan to register for a lot of this stuff as it's our first, I don't know how I'm gonna put the nursery to gather after the shower in the 3rd trimester.

• Currently, we are cleaning out the room so we can paint while we're off for summer vacation. Then we can get the furniture in there, which I'm excited to do!
  • We have a cape code and are in the big upstairs room .  Ds who is 5 is downstairs. The baby will room with us but I still want nursery set up ...we moved  ds down there when he was about 3 months but still used it for daytime naps etc before that time so we didn't have to go upstairs.  They will have rooms across from each other which will be good.  We had to get new furniture as my sister has my furniture from ds
    1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
    IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
    IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!
  • Not yet, but it is coming. I've got a new recliner picked out that MIL is going to order and I've just got to pick some bedding. We aren't painting so I don't have a whole lot to do aside from emptying the room. I have to empty her room so I can get my sons furniture moved around and his room converted into a big kid room. He will be losing his dresser to baby and he will get a smaller one to go in his closet.

With DS we were 8 months and working on a nursery in a house 2 hours from where we lived when he was born so it feels nice to get something out of the way. I hope to be done with both kids rooms in the next two months (so by 24-ish weeks) so I can relax.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • We've been in this house almost a year and our living room is still filled with boxes. The baby's room itself only has a few boxes in it that need to be moved (and my husband's guns... yeesh). I am hoping to do beadboard around the bottom, painted grass green possibly with chalkboard paint if possible, and sky blue around the top possibly with sponge-painted white clouds. Husband wants pink accents for our girl, although I do NOT. I think the white doors, window frame, and built-in bookcase are fine and it would be too much trouble to paint them and if we have another kid and it's a boy... but we'll see if we ever even get around to painting to begin with!

Like others, baby will room with us at first. I'm not going up and down the stairs twenty times a night! (Our bedroom is downstairs). Not sure if we'll end up eventually moving the pack'n'play up there (we're going to put it to sleep in the bottom when it's too heavy for the top) or get an actual crib or do a low bed on the floor or what. Also not sure we'll put an actual chair in there, either. Once we clean out our living room I want to get a rocking recliner for it.

Yeah, I'll probably half-ass this like everything else =)

• We're in progress.  H's office will become nursery so the last few weekends have been spent relocating him downstairs to office in my library/craft room, sorting through boxes of just stuff from probably college, and cleaning.  As soon as that's done (hopefully this weekend) we'll get on painting the room so I can do the mural and then call to have the crib and the dresser/changer combo delivered and assembled!

Our goal is just to have it move in ready by July 1st

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • nlane0723nlane0723 member
    edited May 2016
    We've picked out new flooring and ordered the cribs. Chandelier was purchased about a month ago. We need to paint and shiplap one wall.

FYI for everyone, especially twin moms, BRU has a 20% off deal on cribs right now and if you are having twins you also get 10% off (you can use this multiple times).  We bought two $500 cribs for around $560+tax. Total steal.

ETA: the cribs we ordered were already $100 off each.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • LGW2015LGW2015 member
    Yay so exciting! We're finishing cleaning out the nursery today and putting up the crib! That's all we have so far. The room will get painted over Memorial Day weekend a soft yellow :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jbal918jbal918 member
    We are cleaning out the room little by little! The queen bed in there is going to my Moms and next we are getting the carpets cleaned. Then, time to paint and order the furniture! Our families think we are doing everything early but we don't so oh well lol
    DS born 2016
  • I think we're gonna wait u until 20 weeks. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• I'm waiting until we are closer to viability but I think we will be moving the desk and queen size bed from the "nursery" bedroom into the basement, and possibly move a small sofa (for sleeping separately when needed?) from the basement to bedroom, plus the crib and glider when we get those, and just using my shorter ikea dresser as a changing table. And will prob have a pack n play or sleeper in our bedroom in case we don't want to start right away with sleeping in separate rooms. We have renovations/additions planned in the future but for now will be playing musical furniture. As for decoration, I will need some help but I think I like light pink and gold-ish accents with our off-white walls...
  • omg @kamroberts I love EVERYTHING 
  • We originally weren't going to do anything until the end of summer but a good friend of mine just went into labor at 27 weeks and it REALLY jump-started me in feeling like I need to be prepared. Baby will room with us but I am hoping to have a bassinet and changing area by the end of June. My anatomy scan is the first one week of June, so if that looks normal I am going all out.
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • @kamroberts

We have that fox too!  Woodland theme for us as well.  Well, kinda.  We've been calling it "hiker-baby"  All the animals, colours, and views seen from our favourite hikes.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Lol I want a rocket for my nursery
  • @nlane0723 You got me all excited and then I found out the crib we want is excluded  :( nooooo! We ended up creating another registry at target with a fake due date in May to get the completion discount.

Ikea is having a sale on the dresser we want so we went ahead and bought it today! I'm so excited to have our first thing to go in the nursery!
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• @mrszoess thank you(: 
    ahh whales & flamingos!! Too cute!!! 
  • @anna.oskar I love that idea so precious❤️
  • We pulled our crib out of storage this weekend that was a start we have to reorganize we have so many other children the baby gets a major part of our room and will move into which ever room it belongs in once it is big enough. I will have to get my husband to set up the crib that will be like pulling teeth. It will probably take me trying or a case of beer and one of his friends to get that one done(he like to procrastinate.)
  • @lmnobaby Have you had any problem with stuff being damaged? We ordered our headboard from Wayfair and it came with a bent leg. We reported it and they sent us a second one at no extra cost. We did look it over and didn't notice anything wrong, but when my husband went to try to install it months later (yes we are major procrastinators) it had a flaw, too. He thinks it can be fixed, but still, disappointing. 

• KaessiKaessi member
    mrszoess said:
    ours is whales and flamingos.... 
    @mrszoess I LOVE this! We are also doing a nautical/beach theme. I'm addicted to Etsy! What kind of bedding are you going with, do you have any idea? I love the flamingo sheets on Etsy but I can't narrow down what actual bedding I want.