July 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

2»

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    I love you baby girl, but WTF! She is jammed way up in my ribs today, and I feel like I can't breathe. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    WTF connective tissue.  I'm pretty sure I already have diastasis recti and this is my first pregnancy.  I'm honestly afraid of how bad it is going to get.
  • Options
    WTF tornados. I am 7 months pregnant, alone while my husband is on a business trip, and there are effing tornados on the ground. I am partially happy he's on a trip through because one touched nearly on top of his work, which has no basement. Currently hiding out in a bathroom with my two wigged out cats. God damnit spring. 
  • Options
    @shanparadise tornado season is the worst. I will never get used to it and I will always freak the hell out when it's even mentioned that they could happen. I'm sorry you're dealing with that right now!! 
  • Options
    And the fun continues.....last week some of our good friends kindly sent us an invite to a sushi event here in town, for the wife's birthday. It's July 23rd. I'm due July 2. I wrote back ON BEHALF of the husband and I Thank you for thinking of us, but we're going to have to sit this one out. What does the friend do? Contact my husband!! I'm not sure if he thought, well only one of you has to stay with a baby, or he wasn't buying my reason. So the husband just had the audacity to ask if we can go. I wrote back.....Seriously....we are not leaving a 2-3 week old baby! I already wrote them and said we're out. I'll celebrate with them some other way that can include the baby, but we're not going to the sushi party. And for extra confirmation - my mom's out of town anyway! WTF!! 
  • Options

@randishane011804 I'm seriously going to stop on the way home and get marshmallows... this dog is a fucking jedi when it comes to taking pills... I could dip it in cheese, wrap it in filet mignon and have encrusted with peanut butter and he'd figure out a way to eat around it... I will let you know how this goes!!

@carbaddict Same deal here... first pregnancy, thought I had really strong ab muscles from working out and I for sure have it... I'm already looking into the Tupler Technique to hopefully mend it after baby comes...

• Options
    TiffRox81 said:
    And the fun continues.....last week some of our good friends kindly sent us an invite to a sushi event here in town, for the wife's birthday. It's July 23rd. I'm due July 2. I wrote back ON BEHALF of the husband and I Thank you for thinking of us, but we're going to have to sit this one out. What does the friend do? Contact my husband!! I'm not sure if he thought, well only one of you has to stay with a baby, or he wasn't buying my reason. So the husband just had the audacity to ask if we can go. I wrote back.....Seriously....we are not leaving a 2-3 week old baby! I already wrote them and said we're out. I'll celebrate with them some other way that can include the baby, but we're not going to the sushi party. And for extra confirmation - my mom's out of town anyway! WTF!! 
    I guess I don't see the issue with it. It is in town, and it is just sushi. If I didn't have someone to watch the baby for an hour or two so we could get out of the house for a bit, I would ask if it was okay if baby came along. At that age, they don't do a whole lot anyway. I left DD with MIL/FIL for two hours so MH and I could go out to pizza....it was like going on vacation and totally refreshing. But I am also the type that would have told MH to go for a few hours, but that I got the next break to go and do something sans him/kid.....just because that type of thing doesn't bother me. 

MH and I got invited to a concert (that his cousin was gathering couples together to attend for a weekend). The concert was 3 hours away, to some band I really don't care for (neither does MH really), then spend the night in a lodge. Where I normally wouldn't have issues saying yes and leaving DD with my parents or IL's, so we could have an adult weekend, our newest will only be 2-3 weeks old and cannot attend the concert, nor will he/she be welcome on the adult-only weekend. Add that to recovering from a c-section, dealing with BM/pumping/engorgement and still be bleeding like a faucet, that doesn't sound like the best time. So we told them we wouldn't be able to come.  

We get it, you have money. Good for you. No one really cares. You're not the only one on here who has money or gets extravagant things, but you seem to be the only one who consistently talks about it. If you stop talking about it, you can "win". 
  • Options
    @pinklady2015 I don't know if you have a second dog but we give both of them peanut butter at the same time, even though only one has a tablet in it, and it makes it a competition. The dog with the tablet eats it really fast because the other dog is so obsessed with peanut butter he might steal hers. So far it's worked- my only issue is with my pregnancy brain I have to be careful I'm giving the right bit to the right dog.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Options
    that's so disturbing :)
  • Options
    @CarbAddict & @PinkLady2015 how do you know/what makes you think you have it? 
    For some reason I'm worried about it although I don't think I have reason to? I work out a lot (always have), and haven't changed much, so I'm curious, as I thought there was no way to tell until after baby?
  • Options
    I get the weird dome shaped thing if I lay on my back and lift my head up to do a crunch...starts at the bottom of my sternum and goes to my belly button
  • Options
    @benten24 Oh my. Didn't mean for my post to bend anyone out of shape, especially over "extravagant" things in my life like like floor mats. Thanks for the friendly reminder though.
  • Options
    @PhoebeJune1984 Well being that it's our first, it just makes me nervous to commit with so many unknowns. I'd love to think in a perfect world everything is going to work out great, but there's always that chance that there are complications....or that we're both just dead tired, lol. I don't know if it's the best venue to bring the baby either. Believe me, I am down for a date night as soon as we can! We're lucky to have my mom who is incredibly willing to help in that department. But she's not around that weekend, even if we wanted to go. 
  • Options
    @PinkLady2015 exactly!

@rakel88 I work out a lot as well and have continued to this whole pregnancy, unfortunately that hasn't helped me
  • Options
    same here... in fact, the more I read about it... pretty much any type of exercise makes it worse... it's frustrating as shit... I worked out religiously before getting pregnant and have kept up a fairly good amount of pilates/yoga/weights all pregnancy. From the videos and literature I can find.. the key is to work your TVA (transverse abdominus) which is a very deep internal muscle. Unfortunately a lot of core work actually makes it worse. I've Youtube'd a few different exercises and do them a few times a week hoping that it maybe keeps it from getting really bad.
  • Options
    same here... in fact, the more I read about it... pretty much any type of exercise makes it worse... it's frustrating as shit... I worked out religiously before getting pregnant and have kept up a fairly good amount of pilates/yoga/weights all pregnancy. From the videos and literature I can find.. the key is to work your TVA (transverse abdominus) which is a very deep internal muscle. Unfortunately a lot of core work actually makes it worse. I've Youtube'd a few different exercises and do them a few times a week hoping that it maybe keeps it from getting really bad.
    I managed to (shockingly) close mine by doing the Focus T-25 program. The only part I didn't do from the program, was the crunches, because those are horrible when you have DR.....it actually makes the gap worse. 
    Is this not normal? I get this and just thought it happened with all pregnancies
  • Options
    I get the weird dome shaped thing if I lay on my back and lift my head up to do a crunch...starts at the bottom of my sternum and goes to my belly button
    I do too!!  it freaked me out so bad the first time it happened that I asked my doctor and he said it's my uterus..
  • Options
    @PinkLady2015 you might want to check out some of the bar method's pregnancy ab work moves. They use more support behind your back and allow you to work the transverse abdominus. It's safe all the way thru pregnancy. Do some poking around. I've been doing it since the day I found it I was pregnant and it works for me. 

If if they don't have a studio near you, they offer online courses including ones specifically for pregnant people 
  • Options
    Sorry!  I thought it would just show the link and not embed the video.  Technology is hard.
  • Options
    @theshannondee well bless your little heart, don't you go worrying yourself. No one is bent out of shape over your need to talk about how well-to-do you are. But don't you worry, I'll be happy to call you out on it anytime. You're welcome in advance.  

• Options
    Wtf DH, you not being able to sleep last night doesn't mean you should have tossed and turned and coughed all night keeping me awake too. I'm tired enough already. 
    Wtf DS, why will you only let Daddy dress you and change you lately? I'm not going to complain about Daddy doing more work but if he's not around I don't want to have to wrestle you and block any kicks. 
  • Options
    maddmama said:
    Is this not normal? I get this and just thought it happened with all pregnancies
    This, exactly. I thought this was normal part of pregnancy, no? Not everyone has this? I guess I learn something new today...
  • Options
    Wtf hotel?! I am NOT going to use all my phone's data to stream things. Get your internet fixed, and ASAP! 
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    Wtf DH you know your shower/tub has been backing up why not fix it instead of telling me to take a bath in the disgusting tub! 2 wtf hips lately stretching is all you need to allow me to sleep. But tonight ? Nope you won't relax or feel better so here I am having to clean a freaking tub at 11:30pm to take a bath just to try to get you to relax a little freaking bit so I can sleep... 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    gadzooks_3gadzooks_3 member
    edited April 2016
    My WTF is for my father who has informed me that he and my step-mother are taking a 2 week Caribbean Cruise just before my due date, then will be returning only to spend the entirety of the next month visiting my step-mother's children on the other side of the country. There is a 4 day window around my due date where they will be only one state away

He actually said that he hadn't thought about how we would get a hold of them if I went into labor early, but he guessed I could email them...

A decade of non-stop nagging to produce grandchildren and he wants an email on his way to Cuba. WTF? 
  • Options
    I'm a little late but my WTF happened yesterday. My WTF goes to the cashier at the grocery store. Why do you think people would rather play 20 questions with you instead of ringing up and/or bagging groceries? Lady in front of me had about ~15 items and he didn't bag a SINGLE thing until her card payment had been approved. All the while staring at his monitor and asking her how her day was going and asking why the last name on her store points card did not match her license (who cares!). Then he gets to me and I have one single item to buy and before he rings it up, asks me "How far along are you? Boy or girl? What's the name?" Ummm, I don't know you and don't know why you can't just ring up my item so I can leave. Ugh!

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    klaulisklaulis member
    edited April 2016
    Exhausted all the time and ninja baby decides to stretch and practice jiu jitsu because his brother does too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

@klaulis "cool, we're leaving, peace"

• Options
    @klaulis you're pre-edit version was way worthy of WTF :)
  • Options
    rnyland1 said:
    I'm kind of irritated that my own sister has not taken any interest in my pregnancy. She never calls or texts me (or returns my texts/calls to her) or asks me how I'm doing. . .EVER. She doesn't even know that we're having a boy and we've known for 8 weeks. I've tried calling her to tell her but it's no use. She claims she gets no cell phone service where she lives (in Virginia) so she doesn't see my calls/texts. OK fine. I know she has internet service though, so how come she can't return my facebook or google hangouts messages then?  I'm not sure what's worse: a clingy family or one that doesn't care at all. Personally I would prefer clingy at this point. How much is it to ask that your own sister offer you a simple congratulations on your pregnancy!! WTF! 
    I have the same problem but with my SIL (brothers wife). Oddly enough, she made sure to mention to my brother and my mom that she was very hurt that she wasn't the first person to find out about the pregnancy. Since she has known (months now) she hasn't mentioned it even once. I didn't even get a congratulations :( I am done with fake people...