July 2016 Moms

WTF Wednesday

What's making you say WTF today?

what

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • pandamonium20pandamonium20 member
    edited May 2016
  • my gyno's office botched up and had me scheduled for my 2nd Rhogam shot yesterday but on my way there, I get the phone call from the nurse who said I am not to receive the injection until my 28th week (this Sunday) and ALL the bloodwork and glucose testing has to be done a week prior which means I have to do it ASAP.
    me:  "No sweat, let's reschedule that "nurse's visit" for the injection for next week with my appt. I already have!"
    nurse: "sorry, nothing available"
    me: "how about the day before?"
    nurse: "i don't have anything either"
    me: "I can come on my lunch break the day of my other appt?"
    nurse: "okay, that works"

LOL...I can't win! My frustration was blindsided by the apologetic nurse. I knew it wasn't her fault. 
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @rnyland1 Right there with you! While my mother and MIL seem over clingy and I would like them to back off a little we have my younger brother who hasn't asked me how I'm doing or asked any baby questions since we told him at Christmas that he's going to be an uncle. He text me out of the blue the other day only because he wanted me to do something for him. No "how are ya?" or anything.

• @PinkLady2015 - I know cats and dogs can be very different but I give my cat his twice-daily meds in a tiny bit of american cheese. I got the tip from a dog owner and it has worked like a charm for the past 4 years. For some reason, the pill pockets worked for a couple of weeks then he stopped taking them. 
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • @PinkLady2015 We use to roll our previous dog's pills up in the small chunk of bread. If we smashed the piece of bread around the pill hard enough (you just use enough to cover the pill, not a whole slice), she would just down it and not try and get the pill out of it. 
  • Wtf usps!! I had to physically mail in taxes this year. I mailed them off the first week of April. My state came out, but federal still hasn't. I checked the tracking number and they have been sitting in Colorado for 3 weeks?! They are supposed to go to California! I live in Oregon so this makes no sense. I called and they said the postmaster would contact me. It's been 2 days and nobody has called me back. I just want this over with. 
  • maddmamamaddmama member
    edited April 2016
    I also do the shove the pill down the throat and massage their necks until it goes down haha. They will not take pills any other way. I'm dreading giving them their flea meds tomorrow. Even when I shove it down their throat they still somehow manage to spit some out. They're such pains in my ass! @Nerdchild @PinkLady2015
  • @shalylalr That sucks! Luckily they go by the date it was post-dated and not the date it finally arrives. Hope it gets resolved soon.
  • @soberkfell Thank you! I wouldn't mind if they were just delayed because I know as long as they get there we are ok, but I am starting to get concerned that they were lost completely. Hopefully that isn't the case. 
  • rnyland1 said:
    I'm kind of irritated that my own sister has not taken any interest in my pregnancy. She never calls or texts me (or returns my texts/calls to her) or asks me how I'm doing. . .EVER. She doesn't even know that we're having a boy and we've known for 8 weeks. I've tried calling her to tell her but it's no use. She claims she gets no cell phone service where she lives (in Virginia) so she doesn't see my calls/texts. OK fine. I know she has internet service though, so how come she can't return my facebook or google hangouts messages then?  I'm not sure what's worse: a clingy family or one that doesn't care at all. Personally I would prefer clingy at this point. How much is it to ask that your own sister offer you a simple congratulations on your pregnancy!! WTF! 
    @rnyland1 My SIL acts the same way. We even live in the same town, and anytime we've seen her she never asks how I'm feeling, how the pregnancy is going, nothing baby related. No interest in her nephew at all. I can kind of deal with it a bit better because it's DH's sister, not mine. I don't know how I would feel if my own sister acted like that :( I hope your sister eventually comes around, maybe she will get more excited when the baby is actually here?

My WTF is my back/sciatic pain today. Dealing with it since January, and I actually called out of work today. I have an hour long commute each way to work, and about 30 minutes in my back is killing me. I hate starting off my day like that, and how I've felt yesterday, and leg numbness/no sleep last night, I just couldn't do it today.
  • My fundus humongous which is measuring 34 weeks instead of 31. That's really all I got. 
  • WTF bosses....it's Administrative Professionals day, apparently. They've never missed acknowledging this in the years past. However this year, there's been no mention. They didn't miss their vacation Monday-Tuesday, nor will they be missing their all day golf tourney tomorrow. Icing on the cake, we're supposed to do a birthday lunch for me on Monday, for my Saturday birthday. One boss has decided he'd like to leave for his next vacation early and he'll now be out Mon-Fri next week. He emailed and asked if we can move my lunch. I kindly wrote back that it looks like your schedule is too full. The rest of us will just go to lunch. Don't act like you CARE that you're missing it, douche!! 
  • WTF to rude comments today. First I got the "are you sure there aren't two in there?"

Then, I had to see the nurse instead of my OB for my appointment. She looks through my chart and sees that they had to use a vacuum for my son's delivery and says, "well you won't be needing that again! Haha."  I know she meant well by it, but it just rubbed me the wrong way and I wanted to respond. "I effing hope not!"

"The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • @soberkfell That's exactly what this feels like!
  • @Nerdchild Hope LO calms down soon! Movement is fun, but it can be exhausting!
  • @benten24 Haha I can never win! Extravagant was his word choice, not mine. I'm always careful of editing original posts so I didn't think to change it...Good to know that's okay. The point of my WTF was that he wants it to be a big ole deal and I don't, womp womp.
  • Amen @elenabrent

I feel like I could eat a giant meal but I just look at my food and want to cry because after a bite or two I feel all pukey. It's fucked. 

My midwife recommended mixing honey with the ACV because it creates a coating that helps with the reflux and then to also try papaya enzymes after I eat. I haven't done it yet but I will report back on results. 
  • @Cosmic+Love
    yesterday I was asked if I was having three.  Um.... WTF people.  WTF. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @stellaluna14 yes! Please report back! I'm desperate. 

• I have my first pregnancy stretch mark. Surprised it has taken this long, and it is really high up on my rib cage. Weird. I was ready for stomach marks, but not here. I need to reassess everything I know about life. Brb. 
  • WTF to my own butter-fingers. I spilled part of my tea on the floor in my work kitchen area this morning... then I spilled the rest of it on my desk. Luckily only a few papers were damp, and I stopped it before going too far under my computer docking station. Oy... I need to sew some velcro onto the handle of this dang cup and then the other side to my hand.