July 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC

This board has been a bit quiet so far this week...Looking to hear about all your juicy FFFC's

Re: FFFC

• Options
    I've been pretty good about staying away from caffeinated sodas lately but I just cracked open a Diet Mountain Dew. Sorry, baby! Your big sister is exhausting and your dad is out of town. {FTR I don't drink coffee so my caffeine intake is pretty limited}
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @honeybear40 I didn't think I would be either but with my 1st pregnancy my crotch got super sensitive in the last trimester and I didn't want anything rubbing against it. Not to say it will happen to everyone but a forewarning that it might!
  • Options
    @HoneyBear40 I noticed when I was on vacation that when I'd wear my leggings with no support, my belly and hips were so sore at the end of the day. The jeans with the thick support band on top were SO much better. I do think I'll probably wear dresses anyways since I haven't been doing much walking these days. The worst part about wearing dresses is the chafing. Need to remember to wear Body Glide!!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 I think they're adorable but I'm too cheap/lazy to revamp my wardrobe. Also, another FFFC, I'm "skinny" but my thighs and hips go in/out unevenly (rather than having a nice, smooth curve) so I don't like to wear tight things that draw attention to that.
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 I don't even know what LuLaroe is besides that someone kept trying to add me to a Facebook group for it. Due to that I stuck it in the same category as that fiber mascara or tummy flattening wrap things. Maybe it's great I don't know, but the continued forced FB add killed it for me. 
  • Options

@quartz02 Interesting! Hopefully that doesn't happen but thanks for the head's up! Is there a compromise for pregnant ladies? A skirt with the belly band - that might work... :)

@sboston06 That might be my other problem. My thighs have always chaffed and I've always worn spandex shorts under skirts & dresses for comfort. Clearly my spandex didn't fit this week with the dress so I was rubbing and feeling heavy :(

• Options
    For chafing under skirts/dresses I always wear Jockey's Skimmys. They are just little nylon shorts that prevent rubbing. They are not thick so it doesn't make me hotter and they are not spanx-like to suck you in. Generally I cannot feel that I am wearing them. 
  • Options

Not much of a confession but I had a huge bowl of golden grahams as a bedtime "snack" last night and then had pizza for breakfast this morning. Going to be tough getting rid of all this baby weight!

Also, great ideas about the spandex shorts under dresses/skirts.  I never thought of that as I've never had a chafing problem before (except during my last pregnancy). Definitely not used to these new thighs of mine.

• Options
    FFFC: I am having anxiety about how big I am getting and how I look in photos. I was already tall and not thin (size 10-12) before getting pregnant, and now I feel like a gigantic person. I started worrying last night about people taking pics at my baby shower in a little less than a month (when I will inevitable be even bigger) and posting them to social media - especially candid shots which I already hate. I don't feel like there is any way for me to ask people not to take pictures without seeming like a vain control freak, but I don't know how to get over the fear that terribly unflattering pictures of me will end up splashed all over FB.
  • Options
    @Weville - I never thought I'd say it but I completely agree with you. Thinking about going back to work after maternity leave already  has me anxious. DH thinks I'll be fine to go back to work full time and I just want to go back part-time. I don't think he realizes how much work a baby will be. I'm avoiding the argument for now and hoping I can convince him it will work once the baby is actually here.
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    @sboston06 I'm lucky because I'm Canadian and I get a year off with our baby so I'm not as concerned about going back to work. I know it's going to be super hard but at least he'll be a little bigger. I would stop working tomorrow if I could (well, that's how I feel today haha)
  • Options
    @HMcDade1 totally agree there. My mother is a hypochondriac and is one of those people who goes to the doctor/ER over every little thing, and demands antibiotics for every little cough and cold. She used to take me to doctor all the time, again over every little thing.  And I used to get sick ALL THE TIME. Funny how after I had my first kid I hardly ever get sick anymore.  Being exposed to all those daycare germs all the time must have really strengthened my immune system!
  • Options
    My FFC: I think a few people mentioned registry stalking already - But I'm registry stalking just to get a clue of when my sisters are planning my surprise bridal shower.  I know nothing about it - I don't even know if they sent out invites yet.  So I've been stalking to see if anyone buys anything - then I will know they've sent out invites.  Haha, sad, I know! I'm so grateful I have amazing sisters who would throw this for me - but my slight control freak nature is getting the better of me.
  • Options
    I'm a LuLaRoe addict too. The clothes make me feel good about myself and like I'm wearing pajamas to work. And yes, @Taymiller and Murph kill me every HDBD.
  • Options
    I really want there to be a circumcision discussion.  Not so people can go back and forth and be judgey to one another.    Just to get differing opinions.  Of course, I am doing my own research and plan to talk to the pediatrician about it next month too.
  • Options
    jlgriff11 said:
    This might be me taking the easy way out (it is) but I let my husband decide the circumcision issue. He's the only one of the two of us with a dick so I thought he was better equipped to make a reasonable and informed decision. He didn't even think about it before he said of course they would be circumcised, so there you go.  

This is how I feel about it too. I don't have one, hubs does. I know some people won't, and I know some people will. I don't judge either way. 
  • Options
    Yeah - I think we've come close to discussing the circumcision thing on a few other UOs or FFCs.  It can be get pretty heated but hopefully if folks want to exchange info it can be done with everyone respecting each other. But like @jlgriff11 I'm letting my husband decide. In fact, when I asked him, he looked at me like I was nuts for even asking and said of course we will. I have no idea what it's like to wield one of those, so yeah. I'm researching about a million different topics about childbirth and babies, so this is one less thing for me to worry about, even if it's the easy way out.. 
  • Options
    jlgriff11 said:
    This might be me taking the easy way out (it is) but I let my husband decide the circumcision issue. He's the only one of the two of us with a dick so I thought he was better equipped to make a reasonable and informed decision. He didn't even think about it before he said of course they would be circumcised, so there you go.  

This was our plan of action too before we found out we are having a girl. It was a no-brainer for him, although I understand some people feel differently about the experience. 

My FFFC? I felt like a giant whale on top of DH last night during sex, and it made me want to cry. My belly is getting in the way and I just don't find many of the belly-friendly positions comfortable or as enjoyable. I don't know what I'm going to do when it gets bigger.