August 2016 Moms
Options

Stupid Sh!t People Say!

Re: Stupid Sh!t People Say!

• Options
    DH and I had a snack mid-afternoon.  When I started getting DS's dinner ready around 6 I asked DH about ordering our food (we were ordering in Indian, not something DS typically eats).  DH said "well I'm not hungry yet and neither are you, so I wasn't going to order it yet".  Did he really just tell the pregnant lady that she 'wasn't hungry"????  By the time the food got here I was downright hangry!
  • Options
     Ugh, I have so many... mostly from work.

Last friday, a forklift driver told me "Waddle faster, fatso!". Really? I was a whopping 99 lbs before I got pregnant and now I'm 119 at 28 weeks. 

People are all the time commenting that I need to eat more for the baby and that I'm too skinny. WTF. It's 140+ degrees where I work... I'm not going to eat everything in sight only to throw up from the heat. 

Oooh and the ones that get me are the women asking me if I'm going to name my baby after them and trying to touch my belly. If they didn't put it there, they shouldn't touch.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    AliKay20AliKay20 member
    edited July 2016
    DH calls his HR to let them know baby A needs to be added to his insurance.

HR lady: "When was her due date?"
    DH: "July 30th"
    HR lady: "And when was she born?"
    DH: "July 7th"
    HR lady: "Oh wow, she came REALLY EARLY!!!!!"

Wtf. Yes, yes she came early and has been in the NICU ever since. NOT what we needed to hear

edited bc quotation marks*
  • Options
    my DH's grandmother is constantly telling me I need to eat because I barely ate with my DS...not true. And then the next week she'll make comments of how I'm getting chucking in the back...I've only gained 16 pounds and I'm at 34 weeks. 
    And she would always call my DS a little devil or cute little devil. And it makes me cringe. I hate that term, plus I'm Lutheran. Now with this LO she says he's going to be a little devil and is gonna give you a hard time. 
    She's the worst at thinking before speaking.
  • Options
    Girl at lunch deli spot: Oh - looks like it's a boy!

Me: Nope, it's a girl!

Girl: Really!? I'm never wrong. 

Me: Well, I hope you are!  :)
  • Options
    Lady in store: "When are you due?"
    me: "end of August"
    lady: "oh, wow! Do you think you'll make it?!"
    me: "um..... I don't know? I hope so."
    lady: "I know a girl who just delivered 2 weeks early. She wasn't quite as large as you.."

Why, thank you. 

TTC 9/2013

BFP#1: 9/28/2013, EDD 5/28/13, MC confirmed 10/15/13, D&C 10/17/13

BFP#2: 1/10/2014, EDD 9/19/2014

• Options
    Cute, perfect figured 22 year old girl:  when are you due?

me (excitedly):  1 month and 4 days!

girl (disgusted look on her face):  OH MA GASH!  You still have a whole month?!  

Um yes.  Yes I do.  And I was actually feeling cute for once until you opened your mouth.  Then I went home and cried to DH about it.  Damn hormones.

The last time I saw this girl was at a friends 30th bday party.  She isn't a regular within our circle of friends (thank goodness), but at this party there were like 5 of us who are pregnant and most of the other girls have kids.  She goes "oh my gosh, I've never been to a party with so many moms and pregnant people!". Oh Ok, leave then.
  • Options
    acpear11acpear11 member
    edited July 2016
    -wide eyes looking at me-

"You'll NEVER make it to August! That's going to be a BIG BABY!"

...probably will go past my due date, like I did with my 8lb son, I carry all in front, thanks so much, yes it's hot as it tends to be in summer, a/c is a thing, ok, thank you, BYE 

Size of tummy does not indicate when I will deliver. Just stop people.
  • Options
    So this morning I went to the grocery store. There were only 2 lanes open, a regular lane and the "express lane" (although it's not labeled as such). I got in line in the regular check out lane, I had a rather large load. The lady at the express lane called me over, I said, "are you sure?" and she said they have to help each other out. So I thanked her and proceeded to load the conveyer. Well a couple minutes later two assholes get behind me in line and begin to haggle me saying how is my load allowed in the express lane, just bitching and moaning. I said I was waived over to this lane by the worker. Towards the end one of them proceeded to say, "oh are you going to give her those sodas and juice for free?" (The ones on the bottom of the cart that she scanned when I first came over) I turned around and said, "she scanned them in the beginning asshole, Jesus Christ!" He continued to haggle me until I walked out the door. Mind you there was no one at the self check-out lane ... Ugh sorry for the rant but man was my blood pressure up after that! Now time to unwind.
  • Options
    @jkershaw2013 I probably would have lost my cool on them and told the to mind their own business. In a not so nice fashion. I've been surprisingly mellow through this pregnancy but as time is winding down I feel all the rage boiling at the brim waiting for some ahole to cross me. Come on, poke the dragon! I dare you!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I thought DH grandpa had finally figured out that he can't keep making comments about how big I'm getting... wrong. Now instead of saying "wow, your getting huge", he has just started referring to me as fatty. I normally go with DH to visit him at least once a week, but I just can't anymore. I'm afraid I'll lose my shit and slap him. 
  • Options
    @lotsofsunshine that's awful!! does he happen to have his own beer-belly thing going on? If so I would give it right back and say "well I'm growing a child, what's your excuse?" 

People are so rude. I'm usually okay with the "basketball" or "watermelon" comments, but not when they are in the context of how i couldn't possibly get any bigger. 
  • Options
    @lotsofsunshine WTF is wrong with him?!? That makes me so mad. Can I go slap him for you?
  • Options
    @lotsofsunshine stay away from that man! How awful! My FIL has made a lot of super rude comments about my weight and apperance since the day he found out I was pregnant, but someone finally told him to knock it off because he actually complimented me last time I saw him, well sorta. I just avoid him as much as I can now, he is the only person who makes me feel bad about my pregnant body.
  • Options
    @caitlinj187, yes, he is very over weight. I'm afraid if I give it back to him, it will just continue. He thinks it's funny. This is the same man who at my wedding reception thought it would be hilarious to tell an entire table of people I'd never met that I used to be a prostitute.  

• Options
    @Stephanie7693 I'm sorry you are having to deal with that crap too. DH finally said some thing to him. But I think I'll keep avoiding him until my crazy pregnancy hormones have subsided. I'd hate to be the one who finally snaps and slaps grandpa. Lol

@Mfuller76 Would you? Please?!
  • Options
    ShanRum3 said:
    I'm tired of hearing "I can't believe you are still working!" Well, if you are going to be paying my wages for the next 3 months, by all means, I'll leave right now!
    So much this!
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• Options
    Had a contractor over yesterday who told me it looked like I have "two or three in there." No, just one. Due any minute. Thanks a lot, jerk!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options

Getting my oil changed last night, the guy changing it found a problem with my car.

He pulled me aside and said "I have some bad news for you. Please don't go into labor or something."

Seriously?

I was so annoyed I called my husband and made HIM talk to the guy at the shop. #toopregnanttodealwithit

• Options
    A coworker looked at me and gave me bug eyes and said, "Well you sure are ready to pop!  Bet he comes this week.  I can't believe how big your belly is."  Um, no, he has 3 more weeks to cook but thank you for making me feel terrible about myself.
  • Options
    I was walking (well waddling) into the grocery store with DD and this really gross looking guy goes "Wow you have that little one and are still about to pop." Yes, random stranger, I am about to have two babies fairly close together. It was planned this way and thanks for making me feel gigantic. 

Ive been getting a lot more side eyes when I go out with DD and daycare baby, too. I don't blame them though it looks pretty crazy (DD and dc baby are 7 months apart and dc baby and this baby will be 8 months apart and people usually assume dc baby is mine when we're out and about.)
  • Options
    My mom's response to hearing the doctor wants to do another US since he is suddenly measuring "a little" large. 

"Oh, well, you know your cousin had her DD and she was 9 pounds, and she tore her apart. She had to have an emergency hysterectomy as soon as she was born."

No. I did not know that. Also - whhhhhhhy would you tell me that now? Hopefully the doctor is right - she thinks he might just be tall - DH was 24 inches and still only 7 pounds at birth.

• Options
    My dad came to meet my son today about 25 hours after I gave birth. He looked at my stomach and said "wow, I don't remember you being so swollen and big after having [3 yo]". Thanks. Because everyone's stomach immediately goes back down after having a baby.