November 2016 Moms

UO Thursday - 3/31 edition

Re: UO Thursday - 3/31 edition

• Starbucks has overpriced pastries that aren't that good, burned coffee, it's basically McDonald's with an urban vibe. $3 for a freaking scone? The fcuk?

Their iced tea is good and I'm stupid to pay $3.56 for a 24 ounce cup of it but it's kind of the only thing I can drink these days. And the drive-thru is convenient so I guess I'm buying into it a little bit. But I totally agree, definitely check out a local co-op or Whole Foods Market or something and see what their local beans are like. My husband and I are huge coffee lovers and we love finding a new roaster. And wish more people knew that Starbucks is not the be-all and end-all of coffee beans, it's actually terrible. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I do not like Nutella.  If I am going to have chocolate, I want real chocolate that actually tastes good!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Apparently this is where you post things you don't like.  I'm going crazy because my only internet is on my phone and I can't find a list of abbreviations anywhere!  So, I hate all these abbreviations!  What is UO?  What is m/s?  Grrrrr
    Jules
  • @ShawnJuliet UO = unpopular opinion
    m/s = morning sickness
  • m6aguam6agua member
    edited March 2016
    Apparently this is where you post things you don't like.  I'm going crazy because my only internet is on my phone and I can't find a list of abbreviations anywhere!  So, I hate all these abbreviations!  What is UO?  What is m/s?  Grrrrr
    Unpopular Opinion

Morning Sickness
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• edited March 2016
    Apparently this is where you post things you don't like.  I'm going crazy because my only internet is on my phone and I can't find a list of abbreviations anywhere!  So, I hate all these abbreviations!  What is UO?  What is m/s?  Grrrrr
    UO = Unpopular Opinion
     :) 

ETA: m/s or MS = morning sickness 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • MrsDho11MrsDho11 member
    edited March 2016
    UO stands for "unpopular opinions".  M/s is morning sickness.  The board organization thread pinned at the top that people seem to love to hate has a decent thread listing a lot of the more common abbreviations in it, if that might help your frustration.  Though there's also nothing wrong with just asking.  :)

edit: missed a few words.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• I'll jump on the mayo hate bandwagon, though we do occasionally cook with it. Not a big ketchup person either.

I like having a million threads to read every day on a "disorganized" board...the better to procrastinate from work. We'll all have the same things to discuss at the same points for the next 9 months as we all go through all the pregnancy milestones. It sucks to have a late-month due date, post on page 16 about some question you just thought of, and have no one respond.
  • MrsDho11 said:
    Oh just to clarify, I couldn't care less about board organization. I was just curious how posts that were there, then we're not. Something curious is going on.....
    I think they're just on page two.
    Whoops! Thank you! 

• NordyMN89 said:
    Like @m6agua I don't have much in terms of UO's, but like @HomeyDontPlayThat pointed out, this board is kinda...dare I say it...lame. I wish we had more involvement on things like the daily posts, siggy challenge, etc. I miss that about TTGP (and that's probably why I still lurk it way more than I should). I also wish folks would read the board organization post, I feel like we're getting a lot of clutter that could be easily added to the daily threads (instead of starting a new thread).
    TTGP is a long established board. This is a new community that started, what, 6 weeks ago?. Don't force it. It'll happen organically. No board is fire right from the get go. Unless it's a drama board, which I'm very happy this is not. 

On that note though, did anyone else notice that there were comments on a new post titled something like, "Hi i'm new and here are my symptoms", kindly directing the poster to read the organization rules. And, then suddenly those comments were gone?
    I noticed that post, and it took me a minute but she posted it twice so one has comments and one doesn't.  Also the TTGP was way more established and everybody tries really hard there to comment at people and offer advice and support.  Here, I feel like a lot of people are just replying new streams of consciousness to existing threads without responding to PP.

Also I'm a sucker for a Michael Kors anything, I have a coat, sunglasses and a nice purse.  BUT I won't buy things like jeans or tshirts from designers because there not as durable and long lasting, so I go to stores like Century 21 or wait for big sales.  The quality lasts and I'm not into anything that's covered in logos but I do think it makes me look very well put together.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @leaseee you actually explained what I was getting at much better than I did, thank you.
  • leaseee said:
    @HomeyDontPlayThat I definitely get what you said about a group starting to rule the board...one of the reasons I couldn't really get into my last BMB was I felt like there was a cool kids/mean girls group that shamed people for not participating the way that group wanted them to

Ugh this.  Definitely the issue in my last BMB
  • My UO is that I hate, hate, hate (did I mention hate?) those shady pyramid scheme companies & their products that some of my mommy friends hack.

I'm talking Advocare, Younique, Jamberry, etc. I understand you're trying to make an extra buck as a SAHM but honestly, if I had even the slightest interest in it, I'd reach out to you first about it, as you post it all over Facebook anyway so it's hard to miss.

I think the concept of the companies are shady as hell and I have found most of the products to be of poor quality anyway. NO THANKS. And quit asking me when I've declined multiple times already. Ugh.

I don't disagree with some of your thoughts, but I love LuLaRoe and Jamberry's products. I just had a Jamberry party because it's a product j truly use. Selling it (or any of it) is not for me, but I do use them regularly. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • whaatwhaat member
    ALSO: I hate that "PG" means "pregnant" here. It is a two syllable word, yet we are using the first and last letters of the first syllable? Why? "PN" makes (slightly) more sense to me.
  • stepamos said:
    I don't trust people who don't like mayonnaise! 

I hate mayo... and miracle whip. I'd rather have a dry sandwich than have egg slime smeared across my bread.

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • aquasocksaquasocks member
    edited March 2016
    Love mayo, hate miracle whip. I think it's a deep south thing. 

Edit: wording
    Awesome Kid #1: Born September 2013!
    Awesome Kid #2: Due November 2016!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't eat cheese. Or anything with the word cheese in it (cottage cheese, cheese cake etc..) I think it's gross and textury.  Yes my pizza is still pizza even without cheese on it. 
  • aquasocks said:

Word. Preach it sister. My MIL ... my god dude. She's a Miracle Whip lover (gag) and ever since she found out how repulsed I am by it, she has tried to sneak it into shit and not tell me, then try to get me admit that I like it. Except in 10 years, it's never worked. 

I CAN TASTE THAT VILE CRAP IN YOUR POTATO SALAD JOE.
    YOU AREN'T SLICK, YOU'RE BEING A DICK.
    My MIL does the same thing!!! I bite into a deviled egg and it's... sweet?! That's just not right!!

Also, I don't think it's a deep south thing. Miracle whip is gross in all places.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @HomeyDontPlayThat come to the dark side. Cheese less pizza. There's nothing quite as amazing 
  • LikeICantEvenLikeICantEven member
    edited March 2016
    @HomeyDontPlayThat come to the dark side. Cheese less pizza. There's nothing quite as amazing 
    I think pizza with cheese has it beat.  ;)  <3
  • Pizza without cheese is just bread and sauce. It is not pizza. I'm sorry @NatashaSprout I just can't support you on this. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • SRose109 said:
    aquasocks said:

Word. Preach it sister. My MIL ... my god dude. She's a Miracle Whip lover (gag) and ever since she found out how repulsed I am by it, she has tried to sneak it into shit and not tell me, then try to get me admit that I like it. Except in 10 years, it's never worked. 

My MIL does the same thing!!! I bite into a deviled egg and it's... sweet?! That's just not right!!

Also, I don't think it's a deep south thing. Miracle whip is gross in all places.
    Oh I agree that it's gross in all places, but we only allow the unhealthy, full fat versions of every food like mayo, real butter, and heavy cream. It's why the food is so good, and why I will never lose my love handles.

The first time I saw miracle whip in a home was at my MIL's when I was 22. I didn't know people actually used it until then. 
    Awesome Kid #1: Born September 2013!
    Awesome Kid #2: Due November 2016!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1) I feel like people are way too invested in what the board "should" feel like. Holy crap, the pee sticks aren't even dry yet, give it a little time to evolve. This board isn't going to be the same as whatever one you or I were on before. And that's okay.

2) I freaking love and adore a good Filet-o-Fish sandwich from Mickey D's.... Yummmm.
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @NatashaSprout I think your cheese UO has been the biggest bombshell of them all. 
    I cannot agree with you and your cheese less ways... but I do agree with you when it comes to cheese less pizza. I'll eat cheese on pizza, but I don't prefer it.
  • Well I normally save that till people know me better but this board...it needed it right now 
  • Pizza without cheese is just bread and sauce. It is not pizza. I'm sorry @NatashaSprout I just can't support you on this. 
    One day I am taking you out for Chicago style pizza...with no cheese. You're welcome.
  • aquasocks said:
    SRose109 said:
    aquasocks said:

Oh I agree that it's gross in all places, but we only allow the unhealthy, full fat versions of every food like mayo, real butter, and heavy cream. It's why the food is so good, and why I will never lose my love handles.

The first time I saw miracle whip in a home was at my MIL's when I was 22. I didn't know people actually used it until then. 
    Ah I suppose that's true. I'm stranded in a land of Splenda and skim things! 
    BabyFruit Ticker