April 2016 Moms

FFFC

Oh yeah!! My favorite day of the week!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: FFFC

• I'm 100% ready to just rant and rave at my doctors appointment today. I'm also convinced that not a lot will be done about some of my complaints because the person I'm seeing today is a midwife versus a doctor. I love midwives for the labor process but I hate having one during my pregnancy. Thankfully, the rest of my appointments are with doctors. 

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Today I feel fully capable of doing the laundry and the dishes... But I'm not going to because I don't want to. Besides, fiancé made a big deal about promising he would take care of the kitchen when he gets home! /eyeroll 
  • Loading the player...
  • skc040512skc040512 member
    edited March 2016
    I start training my replacement week after next (3/21), 2 weeks before I'm due. I really hope she's smart and picks things up quickly because I totally plan on flaking out on at least some of my last week of work. My anniversary is 3/31, and official last day is 4/1, and I totally don't want to work those whole days. And I've gotten so lazy.
  • I ate a bagel with strawberry cream cheese for breakfast.....and also a magnum chocolate caramel ice cream thing ( my first one ever). I have no regrets! Pre-pregnancy I never let myself splurge on fatty foods, and up until a few week ago, I havent splurged during my pregnancy. Im 3 weeks away from my due date and at this point I dont care! Because after this baby is born, Im going right back to my no processed/fatty junk foods diet. Right now, gimme alllllll the carbs and sweets!
  • I wrote "eat breakfast" on my to-do list for today so I could at least cross 1 thing off. 
    I have a to-do list at work that I wrote on Monday. It's only got like 5 things on it. I've crossed off one...
  • AEG84AEG84 member
    Yesterday after my OB appointment that ran nearly an hour late, I stopped at In n Out and got a burger, fries, and a strawberry shake for lunch and ate every last bite (that has never happened before).

My blood sugar 2 hours later was 154 so I guess I shouldn't do that again. :(
  • LO isn't born yet and for some reason I am feeling more scared of taking care of a toddler/teenager than a baby. Is that weird? 
  • I'm pretty sure smoked salmon is on the pregnant women shouldn't eat it list. DH smoked it yesterday and it was a delicious dinner. I brought some for lunch today to have on an English muffin with cream cheese and I have every intention of enjoying every last bit of it. Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure I've eaten a lot of things that are on that list. Not sorry
    I've eaten several things that are not supposed to be eaten such as cold cuts because they're easy when you have no energy to make yourself something to eat. I've also had soft cheese in the beginning not realizing I wasn't supposed to, I regret nothing 
  • @sprocketsngadgets Meh, baby is mostly cooked at this point right? I had some the other day.. It was amazing.

I'm sitting at work researching a glider versus a recliner.
    As a nanny, I hated recliners because I couldn't get out of them without waking the baby. But now I'm wondering if it'll be better for sleeping in the room, if I fall asleep nursing. 

This research has prevented anything work related from happening today.. Oh well. 
  • So I've been having what I guess at this point is contractions on and off again most of the morning and I legit cried out of fear because I don't feel ready to go into labor yet. On the other hand, DH tried to comfort me and promised to do all the dishes today, win! 

• LO isn't born yet and for some reason I am feeling more scared of taking care of a toddler/teenager than a baby. Is that weird? 
    I really enjoy having a toddler.  She says the funniest damn things and it is absolutely amazing watching her grow and learn. She is also in that fun stage where Mom is still the best person ever, she likes to cuddle, ect. Toddlers scared me at first too, but I find myself begging her to stop growing.  I dont think I am a super clingy parent but i am not looking forward to the day she doeant want to be with Mom.  She turns 3 in a couple of weeks.
  • @Ready4theParty although he may be sassy at times, my 5yo still thinks his momma is the bees knees. You've still got some time!  ;)
  • I'm pretty sure smoked salmon is on the pregnant women shouldn't eat it list. DH smoked it yesterday and it was a delicious dinner. I brought some for lunch today to have on an English muffin with cream cheese and I have every intention of enjoying every last bit of it. Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure I've eaten a lot of things that are on that list. Not sorry
    I've eaten several things that are not supposed to be eaten such as cold cuts because they're easy when you have no energy to make yourself something to eat. I've also had soft cheese in the beginning not realizing I wasn't supposed to, I regret nothing 
    My doctor said there is basically nothing you can't eat. Besides high mercury fish. She says everything in moderation and from reputable sources. Since I got pregnant, there have been Listeria outbreaks from hummus, ice cream, bagged salads and veggies. But none from lunch meat. And basically any soft cheese you buy in the US is pasteruized (assuming you are in the US- if you aren't, don't listen to me :)) but can be eaten.
  • The stomach bug has been making the rounds through our house and so far I've been "spared".  I was so done at work today at the first sign of any stomach issue I took off and I'm spending the rest of the day off to wait it out at home.  So far nothing else has happened.  I may take a nap because DH is still home from being sick yesterday and I feel like I'm entitled after dealing with his gumption yesterday.
  • rebelonerebelone member
    edited March 2016

My FFFC: I'm not doing much today because all my bosses are gone all day long. I have 6 items in queue and I'll eventually take care of them but I'm not doing much today. I didn't take a lunch at all yesterday and since I'm flexing my hours for the week and by law we MUST take at least a 1/2 hour break, I'm joining my two half hour breaks today and taking a full hour. Since no bosses are here my boss won't mind.

Also, I'm hosting a birthday party tomorrow at my house. We have 1-2 birthday parties a month with 2-4 birthdays at a time because our family is so big. I usually am the main person to host now since the majority of my family have downsized their houses. I like hosting parties because most of the time people will leave the rest of the food or soda behind and we'll have left overs. :)

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Ditto - turkey and cheese hoagies have been my friend throughout this whole pregnancy. #ohwell
  • I am having nightly chats with LO requesting that she stays until a week after she's due.  We have way too many things going on the week she is due (DD's first dance competition, final 3 soccer games for DS, a culmination music therapy performance for my students, and teacher appreciation week), plus, keeping an extra week of my sick time from being used would be nice too.  It's selfish and I realize I have zero control over when LO comes, but I'm sending all the good ju-ju vibes to her to stay put!

imageimage
  • I have done nothing but play Harvest Moon for the last week.
  • I honestly don't know if this point of I'm more excited to actually have my daughter here or to just not be pregnant any more. Her new favorite game is squishing herself up in my ribs and then ramming into my cervix as hard as she possibly can. Not effing cute. 
    I wish there was a non-medically necessary (aka NICU) way to give birth, have a full week of sleep/relaxation/spa treatments and THEN have a newborn to take care of. Not that you can actually relax if baby is in the NICU either... 
    Anniversary 
  • I need a second one. My obnoxious coworker isn't here today, and I'm so happy. We're down two people and I leave at 1 for a doctors appointment, but I feel like in general we're better off without her making more work for the rest of us.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• AEG84AEG84 member
    So I've been having what I guess at this point is contractions on and off again most of the morning and I legit cried out of fear because I don't feel ready to go into labor yet. On the other hand, DH tried to comfort me and promised to do all the dishes today, win! 
    @elasticheart13 hang in there, mama! Are they regular at all or just BH?
  • I am emotional today. I screwed up my doc appointment times for today and Tuesday so I missed it. The receptionist was super sweet though and told me it was really ok.
    So I went and voted and changed out my nursing tank I got in the mail that was too small. And now I am questioning my choice of breast pump. I was going to go with the Medela Pump in Style, but then I remembered the Freestyle is supposed to be more portable. I still think I'm going to go with the PIS, and per the medical supply place the PIS and starter kit are fully covered. The Freestyle pump is covered but their starter kit isn't, so that's $60 out of pocket. Idk why this makes me upset, both are portable. I just have to use the PIS bag instead of being able to throw the pump in the bag I already have.

Also DH said yesterday it stresses him out to come home and we still haven't unpacked. He is planning on having a lot of it done this weekend. But now I feel horrible because I have said I would be doing more on getting the stuff out of the baby's room and I haven't. I don't want him to be stressed about coming home. I just am actually at that point where I am so uncomfortable at the end of the day, it's hard for me to go in there. Before I could knock everything out on my own in a couple hours. Even a few weeks ago I could have. Ugh.

But now I have to go to work. I just want to go home and clean so DH isn't stressed out about it (even if he is doing it this weekend) and the baby room can be done. So I'm sitting in the car crying because I don't want to go :( but I don't want to take a day away from baby time.

• Mmmmmm smoked salmon! We make our own <3 I bought DH a smoker for Christmas a few years ago and we've done a lot in it, by far my favorite is homemade smoked salmon. He has this great brine and rub. We eat is just plain smoked salmon, smoked salmon dip, and I even did a smoked salmon chowder with it once. So SO good.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Mmmmmm smoked salmon! We make our own <3 I bought DH a smoker for Christmas a few years ago and we've done a lot in it, by far my favorite is homemade smoked salmon. He has this great brine and rub. We eat is just plain smoked salmon, smoked salmon dip, and I even did a smoked salmon chowder with it once. So SO good.
    Fiancé is trying to steal my iron skillet because we don't have a grill atm... The lamb chops he made with asparagus was on point the other night! And the million dollar steaks were to die for. But seriously, that's my skillet, and I will fight to the death over custody if it comes down to it. >.>
  • AEG84 said:
    So I've been having what I guess at this point is contractions on and off again most of the morning and I legit cried out of fear because I don't feel ready to go into labor yet. On the other hand, DH tried to comfort me and promised to do all the dishes today, win! 
    @elasticheart13 hang in there, mama! Are they regular at all or just BH?
    Your not alone.  I've been having more and more lately.  Mine are mostly BH, but I decided to time them last night and got them about 11 mins apart, then they just stopped.  Dr didn't seem to concerned last night when I called.

QBF
    I bought DH a new smoker for Christmas this year. We brine our salmon too, then put a little brown sugar on top while it smokes. I'm a born and raised New Yorker so bagels and lox has been a favorite of mine forever. I've come to prefer our smoked salmon over lox now. 

Now as I'm thinking about things DH has smoked it's looking like brisket is going to need to happen in the very near future. 

Pregnancy Ticker

QBF
    I bought DH a new smoker for Christmas this year. We brine our salmon too, then put a little brown sugar on top while it smokes. I'm a born and raised New Yorker so bagels and lox has been a favorite of mine forever. I've come to prefer our smoked salmon over lox now. 

Now as I'm thinking about things DH has smoked it's looking like brisket is going to need to happen in the very near future. 
    So... Forgive my southern ignorance, but what is lox?
  • My FFFC is that I am pretty bummed about what I expect my stomach will look like when this is all done. I was lucky to get through my first pregnancy without any stretch marks on my belly and was hoping (ha ha ha) that even with this being a twin pregnancy that I might be spared. I am comfortable with all the weight gain and body changes that happen when pregnant, but the "twin skin" that is already showing on my under belly is making me more upset than I would like to admit
  • DD is 2 years (almost) 3 months and has never had a haircut. I will not cut her hair. Despite the fact that her hair falls in her eyes and drives her crazy, I refuse to cut it. DH says she needs a haircut but nope, won't do it. I do not like bangs on little girls. Scratch that, I do not like bangs at ALL. Some people can pull it off and it looks great on them. I am not one of those people, and my daughter will not be one of those people (because right now I can make that choice for her). So even though it drives her nuts for me to do her hair every morning, I will continue doing so until her hair in the front can long enough to be tucked behind her ears the way I do.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • DD is 2 years (almost) 3 months and has never had a haircut. I will not cut her hair. Despite the fact that her hair falls in her eyes and drives her crazy, I refuse to cut it. DH says she needs a haircut but nope, won't do it. I do not like bangs on little girls. Scratch that, I do not like bangs at ALL. Some people can pull it off and it looks great on them. I am not one of those people, and my daughter will not be one of those people (because right now I can make that choice for her). So even though it drives her nuts for me to do her hair every morning, I will continue doing so until her hair in the front can long enough to be tucked behind her ears the way I do.
    I finally cut DD's hair after thanksgiving. She had turned 3 like 6 weeks before that. It was getting stuck in her underwear, so I got it trimmed a little bit. DH watches me wrestle her hair into french braids every morning and says we should cut it shorter. No no no.