November 2016 Moms
Options

Why my pregnant self is crying.

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying.

• Options
    Whovians will understand: Doomsday. Blubbering like a baby. I don't think I cried this hard the first time I saw it. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was binge-watching Dance Moms and cried at one of their dances...because it was just so good? I really have no idea.
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    leaseeeleaseee member
    Jon Stewart isn't on tv anymore
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    Honestly, I got choked up thinking about all you First Time Moms out there and how absolutely amazing your life is going to get once they place that baby(ies) in your arms.

I "snunnelled" (my son calls it this, he can't say snuggle yet) with my 1.5 year old son this morning while we watched, "choo choo" and he turned to me out of nowhere and said, "MOM. MOM?!" and I said, "what baby?" and he grinned at me and then kissed my forehead, then turned back to the show like nothing had happened, like it was totally normal (which it is) and no big deal. And I got to thinking about how freaking pumped I am for you new FTMs to have moments like this with your own babies. It's the most indescribable feeling you will ever have, that fierce, fierce love you muck through a lot to get to but in the end it's just something to marvel at. You find yourself thinking and doing things you never thought you could ever or would ever do. I mean, I struggled with infertility, that unknown. Your kids end up being your greatest strength and your greatest weakness, just in the best possible way.

I pictured myself beating up a 5 year old the other day because he got in my son's face, wanting to cut in front of him for the slide. And it felt good. You get so protective, so Mama bear. That's special.
    Well, this made me cry at work.
  • Options
    banfrogbanfrog member
    We might quit church because a family friend turned frienemy has been super critical of my boys and now figures they shouldn't be welcome at our church anymore. :(
  • Options
    @banfrog Stories like that make me so sad. I hope you're able to reconcile the issue, or at the very least to find a church that welcomes your family as all should.
  • Options
    butterkup-2butterkup-2 member
    edited May 2016
    My Dr. told me with a welcoming, friendly smile to take a deep breath and relax.

• Options
    Every episode of Chicago Fire lately just kills me. When Dawson was reading Corduroy to little Louie. Ahhhhh..
  • Options
    banfrogbanfrog member
    @grannysmith912 Thanks. DH and I are going to discuss what we should do about the situation tonight.
  • Options
    banfrog said:
    We might quit church because a family friend turned frienemy has been super critical of my boys and now figures they shouldn't be welcome at our church anymore. :(
    EVERYONE is welcome at church. I don't know your church community, but if you've somehow found one that is unwelcoming to your children, I'm so so sorry and you definitely deserve to find a better one. More likely your family friend is just the absolute worst. Anyone who wouldn't welcome children to any faith community deserves to be slapped really hard by a bony fingered nun.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Also, I'm ugly crying because I follow Humans of New York on Facebook and the photographer is doing a bunch of stories from a pediatric ward at a cancer center. As he put it, war stories. I had cancer as a kid and even though my kids aren't at any increased risk of pediatric cancers it is my worst nightmare and I think about it all the time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    Also, I'm ugly crying because I follow Humans of New York on Facebook and the photographer is doing a bunch of stories from a pediatric ward at a cancer center. As he put it, war stories. I had cancer as a kid and even though my kids aren't at any increased risk of pediatric cancers it is my worst nightmare and I think about it all the time.
    Definitely one of my favorite Instagram follows. I cry a lot about that account.
  • Options
    whaat said:
    Definitely one of my favorite Instagram follows. I cry a lot about that account.
    Yeah he's incredible. When he does heavy stuff it's so well done, and then every once in a while you get an adorable story about a cute little couple in their 80's out on their first date or something. Also his letter about Donald Trump made me want to hug him. He's the best.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    banfrogbanfrog member
    @DunkinDecaf I think it's mainly just her. We had a falling out awhile ago and she didn't handle it well. She knows my kids are a touchy subject, but she's taken the pains to make sure that if I call her out on it I'll be the bad guy.   
  • Options
    Stuck double boxed!

Mother's day movie had me crying like a baby. So sweet and parts are so sad.
  • Options
    Honestly, I got choked up thinking about all you First Time Moms out there and how absolutely amazing your life is going to get once they place that baby(ies) in your arms.

I "snunnelled" (my son calls it this, he can't say snuggle yet) with my 1.5 year old son this morning while we watched, "choo choo" and he turned to me out of nowhere and said, "MOM. MOM?!" and I said, "what baby?" and he grinned at me and then kissed my forehead, then turned back to the show like nothing had happened, like it was totally normal (which it is) and no big deal. And I got to thinking about how freaking pumped I am for you new FTMs to have moments like this with your own babies. It's the most indescribable feeling you will ever have, that fierce, fierce love you muck through a lot to get to but in the end it's just something to marvel at. You find yourself thinking and doing things you never thought you could ever or would ever do. I mean, I struggled with infertility, that unknown. Your kids end up being your greatest strength and your greatest weakness, just in the best possible way.

I pictured myself beating up a 5 year old the other day because he got in my son's face, wanting to cut in front of him for the slide. And it felt good. You get so protective, so Mama bear. That's special.
    Yep, this did it for me. I can't wait to be a mama bear. Also your 1.5 year old sounds adorable.
  • Options
    My husband and I watched a movie last night where the wife dies. I knew it happened, it was in the preview. I could not get it together!! I was ugly crying for a good ten minutes and then started laughing because I knew how crazy it was! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Des321Des321 member
    I was going through songs on YouTube trying to find good music to play at our wedding. Every single slow song made me cry. Then I'd turn on something faster and I would instantly feel better. 
    I also cried the other day when we drove through a city that my fiance lived in when we first got together. Apparently I have some extra attachment to that area, so I made him drive by the house too. Oh hormones..
  • Options
    RoxellRoxell member
    Stupid rabbits keeps making nests in the most unsafe areas in our yard! I keep crying because the baby bunnies are drying because hawks, cats and other predators keep finding them. I can't take finding any more dead baby bunnies in my yard! :cry: 
  • Options
    Me and dh walked into a maternity store today for the first time ever... I need work pants. I found it on Google, it was Destination Maternity. After seeing a simple black t-shirt dress for $360, a little in shock, we went to the sale section... The cheapest pants on CLEARANCE were $95. Most nearly $200. And they were ugly anyway. I looked at dh and said "I'm going to have to go to work naked... We can't afford this.. Can we go?" And walked out of the store SOBBING. I was inconsolable. Thank god, or next stop was old Navy where I got 2 mat sweaters & 2 mat dresses for $60!!!!!
  • Options
    banfrog said:
    That's sad. If you love it there and you feel it's the right fit for your family you should just ignore them.  I don't understand a "Christian" (I'm assuming here) that acts that way.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I cried bc I was thinking of my bf's mom passing away and not being able to see our kids and then bc I miss my papa! It's been 8 years but I still miss him like it was yesterday. Very emotional lately  :'(
  • Options
    banfrogbanfrog member
    @campbaby76 DH and I discussed it and we're going to stay at least a little longer. If other people start pushing my boys away, then we'll reconsider. DH figures I might be too hormonal about this right now, he may or may not be right. It'll be interesting because she's one of a handful of people in our children's ministry, so she has the potential of making waves there. At least I know our pastor wouldn't stand for it. He's got a soft spot for kids, especially the loud busy ones.
  • Options
    RoxellRoxell member
    edited May 2016
    The battle of the five armies. So many feels :cry: 
  • Options
    @banfrog that seems reasonable.  When I worked with kids, I really liked the loud busy ones too!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    That Johnson & Johnson Nurse's week commercial where the nurse is singing a song with his patient, a little girl. Made me cry last week and almost made H cry today (and he's not even in that line of work!) so apparently it affects the partners too. 
  • Options
    I'm watching the 1st season of Grey's Anatomy, and on the episode where Cristina has an ectopic pregnancy...ugly crying the whole episode.

• Options
    I heard a song on the radio that I hadn't heard in a long time.. haha. Luckily I was alone! 
  • Options
    leighryleighry member
    Watching I am Sam. I cry that entire movie.
  • Options
    I tried to watch "Max" (the movie about the german shepherd war dog) on the plane a few weeks ago. I got 10-15 minutes into it and could not stop crying. I still want to watch that movie, just this time will be at home, with ice-cream and lots of kleenex.
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• Options
    I just saw a photo on Facebook of a cat on a sidewalk with its "belongings" (litter box, food dishes, etc). It ripped my heart to shreds.
  • Options
    I called my parents and the call dropped. Inconsolable. 

BFP #1 10/30/15 MMC found 11/30/15 D&C 12/11/15 EDD 7/9/16
    BFP #2  3/21/16    Nora Mae born 12/6/16
    BFP #3 11/27/20    EDD 8/6/21
    healing comes in waves, and maybe today the wave hits the rocks and that’s ok, that’s ok, darling. you are still healing, you are still healing- Ijeoma Umebinyuo, be gentle with yourself