November 2016 Moms

When's your first appointment?

13»

Re: When's your first appointment?

• Had betas drawn yesterday and they are at 5000, which is more than doubling since last week! First ultrasound and appointment will be March 31st at 8 weeks and 2 days.
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• April 11th at 10 weeks. Thank god, I didn't want to have to go early just because I am 35. I think I will like this new place! 
  • Loading the player...
  • My "intake" appointment with the nurse is on 3/24.  They said I can do it over the phone this time since I already went through one pregnancy with them.  Bloodwork is being done 3/25.  4/4 is my first initial visit with my OB, when she will find the HB =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

Baby #2 M/C 4/5/16
  • 1st appointment is over the phone on 3/30 and then 1st in person appointment isn't until 4/25! It's my 3rd, so I should have expected this type of wait.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm finally going in to at least check hcg levels and do some other blood work today and again on Monday. Then I'll be able to start scheduling OB  appts.  Right now it looks like maybe 11w (April 17) before I get US.
    Me: 32 DH: 37
    BFP: 2/25/16; DD: 11/6/16

Nov16 Siggy Challenge: 

• My OB won't schedule me until 10+ weeks, so I have to wait until 4/18 for the first u/s.  You are all so lucky you have a doctor that will see you sooner! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hello ladies I am a mother of 4 . 19, 17, 14 and 9. My husband wanted to give it another try being that we have I biological together and he would like another one. Well we started Ivf in February and had my egg retrieval and embryo transfer. We put 2 back in . Low and behold we took a preggo test and it was positive . I will be 4 weeks tomorrow . I see my RE on Wednesday and I have an appointment with my on on March 21. I am beyond excited . 
  • I just met with the OB history nurse and had some initial labs done yesterday. I won't get to see the dr until April 19, when I'll be 11 weeks along. No ultrasound until 20 weeks. I'm bummed because with DS we got a dating ultrasound at 7 weeks. 
  • I have my first OB appointment on March 21. Tho I will still continue to see my fertility dr until I am 10 weeks, 
  • Mine is really early...I got right in super lucky, and i'll be exactly 4 weeks. It's my first pregnancy though, so I don't even know what will happen at this appointment! I figured just a test and a lecture about basic pre-natal care...should I expect something else?

I do not envy anyone's wait, though I'm also worried it's not quite *real* at four weeks, so we'll see.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • This is my second pregnancy and i'm AMA so I was kind of surprised that they don't want to see me until 8 weeks...it's a new OB for me so I have no idea what to expect! We go for the ultrasound on 3/23...Last time I went the first week 2x to check for doubling of HCG and then again at like 6-7weeks for the first ultrasound.

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • kristah2 said:
    You guys are getting ultrasounds so early. I'm jealous! 
    I had my first last week - just to get a requisition for blood work. 
    Second is on March 21 - first real apt 
    my ultrasound isn't until June 1 at 18 weeks!! 
    Please understand that most of us who are getting ultrasounds very early are getting them because we have histories of loss, fertility troubles which increase our risks of complications, or have experienced difficulties with our current pregnancies. This is not something to be jealous of. Not having a ton of scans is a good thing. 

I know it seems like a bit of a playful comment, but I can absolutely guarantee you that I would gladly trade all my early ultrasounds for a low-risk pregnancy that hadn't been preceded by a ton of losses.
    Agreed. I have scans every week because I had a loss, am 38, and have worked through a fertility clinic taking medication, etc, etc. I feel like I am going to throw up every time I have a scan and hold my breath and wait to see the right images. 
  • Mine is this coming Friday and I'll be six weeks.  I don't believe they do an ultrasound.  I took the entire day off because hopefully I'll have many more Dr appts to come and I don't want people at work to catch on.  Everyone will just think I am doing something for St Patty's day  :)
  • My first appointment is an ultrasound on 3/25. I'll be just 6.3 then, but I'm pretty sure of the dates so hopefully get to see a heartbeat then.
  • My Obgyn doesn't do first appointment until 8 weeks, so I'm going on 4/6.  I am going for blood testing today and Wednesday to get HCG and progesterone levels since I had a loss in August. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• 4/4 for me (I'll be 8 weeks). I think they would have gotten me in sooner, but the ob had no appointments available!
  • March 31st, at 8 weeks, 5 days.  It seems like such an eternity, but they told me they consider a HPT to be accurate enough to be an official test result, and didn't feel the need to verify with blood tests or anything!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• My first is 4/13 (I'll hopefully be 8.5 weeks) omg the wait will kill me!  
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Mine didn't want to see me until I am 8-9 weeks but I have to go out of the country on business for a few weeks during that time, so they are seeing me on April 12th, when I am 7 weeks. I was totally naive and thought I would get an appointment right away! Seems like forever to wait!
  • I go in at 7+5, which is about what I was expecting.  I have forms to fill out for them online first though.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• My first appointment is at 10+2. It was the earliest I could get in. I am getting an ultrasound at 8+1 though.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• H and I have a purely meet-and-greet, q&a appt this coming week, and then I imagine they'll get me in around 8 weeks maybe.  I probably went overkill and filled out all of the forms online anyway.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• We had a confirmation of pregnancy appt last Friday. They just did a urine hpt and I met with one of the doctors. I have my first big appt on 4/18. I will be just over 8 weeks. I have an ultrasound and a meeting with medical assistant to discuss history and then I see my ob Tuesday 4/19 because that was the only time she had available. I feel like this next month is going to drag!
  • I have my first appointment with the midwife on the 8th April,  ill be 9 weeks then and she'll draw my blood, do a test etc, so hopefully she'll schedule me a scan at 12 weeks so end if April we will be able to see the baby for the first time. Ita crazy they make you wait soooo long I'll be keeping everything crossed and excitement at a minimum until then haha 
  • zrainzrain member
    My appointment with my midwife is next week. I'll be 6 weeks. I was seeing her a month and a half ago for my loss so I've already done all the paperwork and insurance stuff. I'm going in so early mostly for peace of mind. I'll probably do an ultrasound the following week. I don't want to get one too early and have questionable results. 
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    Married 9/27/14
    TTC #1 since 8/15/15
    BFP: 1/2/16, EDD 9/13/16 - MMC 2/10/16
    BFP: 3/17, EDD 11/23/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

November 2016 April Siggy Challenge - April Showers

• Shawnee11507Shawnee11507 member
    edited March 2016
    We just moved here 4 months ago, so I am seeing a new OB. Went for my 1st appt this past TR & they just did a blood draw. They said they just go by lmp for due date & don't usually do an u/s until 16 weeks. I wasn't thinking right, but I have an u/s on Friday because I started crying. I don't know if I'll keep this OB if they don't date by the u/s (I think I'm a week later than lmp) and don't do NT u/s, only because I found out I was high risk at DS' NT scan. It took 3yrs to get pregnant, so I have a lot of anxiety about everything being ok.
  • My first beta and progesterone check was on the 15th. I have repeat bloodwork this Tuesday, the 22nd. First appointment and ultrasound are April 4th.

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 08/11/2012, DD#1 born 04/18/2013
    BFP 01/01/2015, EDD 09/07/2015, CP
    BFP 10/09/2015, EDD 06/01/2016, MC @ 7 weeks
    BFP 03/12/2016, DD#2 born 11/15/2016
    BFP 01/28/2019, EDD 09/29/2019
  • I already had two betas and they are more than doubling, so they set up my first ultrasound at 5+2 on March 29th and my second will be a week later (when we can see a heartbeat). This is through my RE because of infertility though, that's why it's so early.
    Him:31Me:27
    NTNP#1 since 12/14, TTC#1 since 4/15
    LPD diagnosis 9/15
    Femara + TI #1: 12/15 - 1/16 = BFN
    Femara + Ovidrel + TI #2: 1/16 - 2/16 = BFN
    Femara + Ovidrel + TI #3: 2/16 - 3/16 = BFP (Squish) 3/18/16, no growth/HB 4/12/16, MC on 5/3/16
    Taking a break from trying to focus on graduate school!
  • My first appt is April 7 at 9 weeks. I was surprised that it wasn't sooner, but this OB does no sooner than 8 weeks so they can try to catch the heartbeat on US. I'm new with this doctor and was surprised that the nurse/person setting the appt didn't even ask if I had significant health history to see if I'd need to come in earlier. Maybe I'm looking too far into it since it's my first time. Hopefully the appointment feels more thorough, but if not, I still have time to doctor shop if I don't feel comfortable.  
  • 4/19
    I'll be 8+6 by LMP and 8+3 by O date. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi- I'm new here :) I just found out I was expecting last week and found out about as early as you possibly can. I have my first appointment in April when I'm 8 weeks- which apparently is to see a Nurse. I'm happy to see a nurse as we see midwives back home but I would really like to actually meet the OB to make sure it's a good fit. I'll go back the week after for the first u/s- not sure who does that.

To be honest, I find it really strange that I can't go in for 8 weeks. The girl on the phone didn't give me any information or ask me any questions other than date of last period. But I'm new to the area and haven't been to that OB before and so they don't know my medical history.

It's also my first pregnancy so I'm just stitching together information from the internet about what foods to avoid and just guessing at whether it's still ok to do yoga, barre, gym and all that. I'm sure they will give me information at the eight week and there is a lot of info on the internet, but I would really love it if I could have an appointment straight away to discuss it. Everything says to discuss exercising in pregnancy with your own dr before you do it but they won't let me have an earlier appointment. I'm afraid of doing something wrong. I also just heard you can't have fresh juice/cold pressed juice in pregnancy and I had no idea about this and drink it all the time as I'm on the west coast haha! I am a worrier but it seems like good pregnancy care would begin with a nurse appointment to actually give you all this info..at 8 weeks along it might be too late. 
  • I'm still deciding if I want to see my MFM "full-time" or see my regular OB and have my MFM monitor... MFM is 2 hours away and wants me monitored every 2 weeks. Regular OB is only 20 minutes away... Good thing I'm only 6 weeks have time to decide...

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18