September 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC!!

Re: FFFC!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Thscary - I started writing the date today at work and I was like "FEBRUARY 26!!! IT'S HERE!!!" I almost considered cancelling dinner with my family. But Full House is like a second family to me (only semi-kidding).

I don't think it can be terrible, and I hope I don't eat my words. Trying not to read anything about it now that it's been released.  In all honesty I thought Girl Meets World was really adorable even though it was aimed at super young kids (younger than Boy Meets World) and even DVRed the first handful of episodes because I just loved seeing Corey and Topanga again.

Fingers crossed!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 use conditioner when you shave!  I haven't itched in years nor had an ingrown hair.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Options
    @618mom22boys I used some form of coochie cream that was supposed to do the same for me. It did not. Will try conditioner if I get the urge to clean up shop... someday
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @THscary - I'm so glad you reminded me! For some reason I thought the date was 26 January instead of February. When DH couldn't find it last month I was soooo upset. I proceeded to grab the remote from him thinking that he couldn't actually spell "Fuller House" and that HAD to be the reason that he wasn't finding it. Oops. I'll just blame that on the hormones....
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    I go through about month long cycles down there. I shave, then it gets itchy, and I decide to never shave again, then when it gets long, I get annoyed and shave again...
    my fffc, I haven't told anyone but dh I'm pregnant, and am kinda dreading it. None of my friends are at the baby stage, so I haven't been as close with them since ds, and I know I'm going to be gossiped at for being a mostly sahm. I went to school for 6 years to be an engineer, then couldn't get the job I wanted so I could work from home, and do billing from home for a couple of companies. Everyone keeps asking when I'm going back to engineering, and I love being a mom so much, I don't want to. This second one is going to get me side-eye from friends and family, and I'm just not ready yet. I know soon I'll be showing and have to tell, and even though I'm super excited and happy to be pregnant , I'm scared of telling everyone. 
  • Options
    Also loving your hiding spot @scifichick09 . Now that my work knows I'm getting a lot of offers for food and "the baby wants it!"  That, on top of zero will power, keeps leaving me with a belly ache in the afternoon.  Today someone brought me 2 warm breadsticks from the Olive Garden right after I'd already eaten my lunch. Yesterday someone brought me a devil dog right after I had eaten a bag of Doritos. Blah. Feeling overly full
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was able to do most of the work I wanted to get done today.. without even trying. Ugh. I'm in need of a challenge or more motivation to work harder.
    Now it's 3:15 and I'm tying up a few loose ends before heading out for the day.. 5pm was too far away, I'm good. BYEEEE
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 - So jealous, I have nothing to do and am stuck here until 5 pm :/ Take me with you!!

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• Options
    My brain has turned off and I cannot seem to fix my code.  I'm supposed to be here till 5, just told the boss yesterday so don't want to use it as an excuse already but I'm tempted.  I don't think any work is really going to get done the rest of the day.
  • Options
    I'm stuck here 5:30 p.m. or until after my boss leaves - whichever is earlier. :( I'm hoping the nice weather will tempt her to leave early!

I have lots to do, but it's not going to get done.
  • Options
    @diagonalley HA! Love this. What does your DH think? 
    I mean, he's not thrilled, but we've been together for 13 years so I think he's over it.  Occasionally he'll mention trimming things and if I feel like it I do, and occasionally he trims things, but for the most part we're just natural adult human beings.  Usually if there's going to be oral of any kind cleaning up happens, because ew, I'm not doing this because I need to floss :neutral: 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm way late to the BF conversation, but after BF and pumping for over a year... I totally get why someone would chose not to do it.  It's a pain in the ass and you feel like your body isn't yours. 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Options
    pilotswifeypilotswifey member
    edited February 2016
    I just got chastised by a woman I work with...again. This woman is not liked by many, because she is so gruff. She managed to make me feel like I was five years old. I have spent the last three years defending her when other people say she's intolerable. I am now on their team.

My FFFC: Working with others is overrated. I don't really like compromise, and I hate admitting I was wrong. Andplusalso, if I've admitted I'm wrong...move along. I owned it. Stop berating me. K, Thanks

Plus, I totally went to my office and cried like a toddler after the confrontation. Can I go home now?
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @faeriem - That's so frustrating. I'm sorry. I say, let them give you side-eye. No one knows what's best for you and your family outside of you! I found out I was pregnant with our 6-year-olds a month before I graduated college for Networking and Telecommunications. I was working retail at the time and chose not to look for another job because I figured it wouldn't be fair to start a new job, just to go on bed rest and then maternity leave. After that it was a matter of finding a job in my field with no experience outside of college that paid enough where I could rationalize putting 2 kids in daycare. I proceeded to be a SAHM and work part-time in retail for 4.5 years and I have never regretted that. I was offered a full-time job in my field 2 years ago. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. But I'm sad that I will have to put these twins in daycare from infancy.

You do you and enjoy every second!

• Options
    RedMarRedMar member
    edited February 2016
    @AnnaS930 that's interesting the Canadian drs office was pro-bush. I've never heard of that, but infection does make sense. Plus you can't see what the hell you're doing down there after 30wks. I used to call my 3rd tri shaving technique "the Stevie Wonder". I'm sure it was patchy and I looked like a burn victim. 
  • Options
    Thank you so much @Jabreen

Um oh my gosh thank you for reminding me of fuller house ladies!!! 

My FFFC. A couple weeks ago I made chocolate chip cookies and saved a decent sized bowl of dough for myself to eat. I feel really guilty about it.. But it was so good. when I was feeling down or stressed I would just grab a bit and eat it. 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • Options
    On the subject of September birthdays and school starting, I have to admit it never even crossed my mind.  I was born in October and started school a year early (I was 4 instead of 5) and was always the absolute youngest in my class, so it just never occurred to me.

Luckily, we aren't doing daycare (I'll be a full-time SAHM), so the cost won't be an issue, but now I'm wondering what it'll be like for my kids to be some of the oldest kids in their class.  Maybe I should ask my mom since she has a late September birthday.

I blame you ladies for making me worry about this now. :lol: 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    My FFFC is that I do no groom down there. I get bikini waxes in the summer when I go swimming and I shave my legs but DH thinks grooming down there is weird and a turn off. I don't groom for the doctor. I don't care what they think. It's not their business anyway

Me: 30 | DH: 32
    Together since 2008 | Married 2012
    TTC #1 October 2014
    BFP #1 October 2014 | CP #1 October 2014
    BFP #2 November 2014 | CP #2 December 2014
    BFP #3 June 2015 | MMC at 16 weeks September 2015
    BFP #4 January 2016 | EDD September 12, 2016 | Baby Ducks born September 5, 2016

• Options
    I'm notoriously lazy about trimming my lady garden.  Sometimes I do, most of the time I don't until it gets out of hand and starts bothering me.  I used to shave regularly, but hated the ingrown hairs and upkeep.  Now I just trim things short when I get fed up.  I've never waxed because my skin is too sensitive (and I can't stand the idea of keeping up with it).

I don't do it for anyone else--definitely not for my doctor (he's the least of my concerns since he's just doing his job, not evaluating aesthetics--but it is nice not to have everything completely overgrown.
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    AnnaS930 said:
    For me shaving is like Oh cool - this is really clean and smooth. Then it's the next day. And my cooter itches, and I'm afraid I'm going to stubble stab my husband if he goes down there in any way. And the joy is over.
    I was literally half way thru laser hair removal (groupon discount birthday present to myself;-) when we found out we were expecting. Now it's like kind of mullety and I'm sure they can pick up where they left off, or I need to find another coupon after delivery. Dear God please send me a coupon...
  • Options
    Prof=Mom said:
    AnnaS930 said:
    For me shaving is like Oh cool - this is really clean and smooth. Then it's the next day. And my cooter itches, and I'm afraid I'm going to stubble stab my husband if he goes down there in any way. And the joy is over.
    I was literally half way thru laser hair removal (groupon discount birthday present to myself;-) when we found out we were expecting. Now it's like kind of mullety and I'm sure they can pick up where they left off, or I need to find another coupon after delivery. Dear God please send me a coupon...
    Was the laser removal painful? I've been tempted by Groupons, but was too afraid. 
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Ah yes, FFFC!!! 

My 19 year old half sister announced a few days ago that she proposed to and is now engaged to an 18 year old boy she met a month ago (they weren't dating at any point in that month), is dropping out of college, quitting the equestrian college team, and moving in with this guy. When she called to tell me, maybe it was the hormones, but I could not stop laughing! I'm also not exactly taking her all that seriously, or freaking out about it because like my other sisters she is stubborn and willfull, and will do whatever she wants anyway. Her life, her decisions. My entire family has exploded over it, my other two sisters have been screaming at her, my mom is a mess, etc. And I'm sitting here like "Whatevs guys, I'm making a person!" Of course I worry too, but she's the youngest and the second to youngest pulled similar crap at 19, put everyone through hell and ended up making amens for her mistakes and cleaning up her life. She's a kid playing grown up, and will figure it out. Can't control her anyway!! 

Plus- I'm a little bummed that my mom and my closest sister (my only full sister) are obsessed with this new situation and "just can't focus on anything positive right now." Steal my thunder much? I managed to kidnap my mom long enough to get some new clothes to help hide my growing self, but we had to cut the trip short and she spent most of the time talking about the whole thing with my half sister. GRRRR.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lovelylauren86 I stretch out my hair between washes for a week to a week and a half all the time!

First of all, before I knew I was prego I dyed my hair bright pink and purple- needless to say it has faded greatly since then and every wash sucks more color out. Thank GOD it faded nicely so I have that lavender/lilac look with pale pink now. Secondly, dry shampoo is the BOMB. I find using styling tools works so much better when I haven't washed my hair for days- like natural hair product lol! :)

Definietly going to a more "manageable" color, safely, in the second trimester.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LizC216 said:
    Prof=Mom said:
    AnnaS930 said:
    Was the laser removal painful? I've been tempted by Groupons, but was too afraid. 
    I lovingly call it cooch lightning. It stings like heck but worth it. The pain is gone after you leave the building. But I kept forgetting to buy numbing cream that makes it painless, so it doesn't have to hurt if you are prepared. 
  • Options
    Sorry ladies, I have to chime in and disagree on the personal grooming topic. :)  I used to trim and be an occasional shaver until I bit the bullet and surprised my husband with a Brazilian for our wedding night/honeymoon. And sex is so much better!!! Sorry for the TMI but it's important to note that the smoothness afterwards is like a rose petal. No joke. Now I admit I hate going and it is not pleasant but I don't think I'll ever stop going now to get it maintained for me. As a side note, my anestitian told me that it will become more sensitive in the weeks leading up to delivery and cautioned me that it will hurt more. They recommend applying topical lydocaine. :neutral: I will ask my OB about that but I'm pretty sure I'll just tough it out. 

But seriously, a wax is so much better!!!
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @blondie080300 Damn girl you may have just sold me lol! My skin is so darn sensitive that when I shave it feels good for about a few hours and then all hell breaks loose- the red bumps, the itch, the pure torture. I've been toying with the idea of waxing, maybe trying the Brazilian- I'm afraid of the pain lol, but it can't be worse than the torture after shaving! How much does it hurt to wax? Maybe when my doc gives us the clear to have sex again I'll surprise DH with one too. :) 

Anyone else with sensitive skin? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    AnnaS930 said:
    ME TOO!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @SarahMConnors I have extremely sensitive skin and it is very fair (blond hair/blue eyes fair). I would also get razor burn and itchy red bumps after shaving. That doesn't happen with waxing but I use an exfoliating cloth in the shower (recommended by the anestitian). As for pain, use Yelp or whatever product/service ranking site is popular in your area and look for a place that has a lot of reviews and high ratings. Read some comments to see how they felt about the overall experience and hopefully some will reassure you that they made sure to make it as least painful as possible. That's what I did and found a great place! But they are wildly popular so getting an appointment when you want it might be difficult so it's best to do your research and call ASAP. But now that I think about it, many people don't wax in the winter so you might be ok to get in soon...

Pre-pregnancy, I took ibprofen 30 mins before a wax. I don't take anything now but I suppose you could try Tyelenol. But honestly, I think I had it built up way worse in my head and the pain is quick and manageable. It doesn't hurt when it's over. :)
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @blondie080300 you've almost convinced me to try it! DH's birthday is in March and we're going away for a few nights. Maybe I could do it as a birthday present! 

This is might seem creepy lol but if I remember right your from Michigan. I was wondering if where you went was around Lansing/Howell area? If you have such good reviews of it I rather take your word then ppl who may have been paid to leave good comments about a company. 
  • Options
    I'm still making my way through this post. I'm not a dirty lurker but I also haven't been super active. 

FFF/SC: I'm judging all of your spelling and grammar!

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• Options
    My maiden name (I haven't technically changed it yet) is super common and traditional. I loved it growing up. Now so many people use it as a first name (nbd) but they change the spelling to be unique.

What really grinds my gears is that people ask how I spell my last name. As s surname there is only one spelling and I refuse to spell it out. When asked I only repeat it. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Another FFFC (I was reminded about this from the baby names post).

I'm kind of bummed about having a September baby. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm really excited to even be having a baby and feel incredibly blessed to have a healthy pregnancy (so far *knocks on wood*). But I'd much rather have a spring or summer baby due to the school schedule. Our school year cuts off on Sept 1, so any child after that will have to wait until the following year to enroll in Kindergarten. I've heard that slightly younger kids do better in school because they are able to learn from the older kids and tend to be more appropriately "challenged" than those that are older. (it was an article about a study, not the study itself, and I can try to find it). I was a younger kid (born at the end of June) and really liked being on the younger side of things. It somehow felt advantageous. And while the age thing is a bit of a bummer, I'm really bummed out about the fact that it'll mean I have to pay for a full extra year of daycare that I wouldn't have had to pay for if baby would be born in August.

ETA: Here is one of the articles I read https://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/youngest-kid-smartest-kid
    I am also worried about this and plan on trying to find some loopholes if this LO seems academically ready. I'll be reading this article.

BabyFruit Ticker