April 2016 Moms
Options

Throat punch Thursday

I don't feel like looking for a cute picture/gif. Just post and wallow in annoyance with me.

Re: Throat punch Thursday

• Options
    My throat punch goes out to my mom today. I got my results back from the GD test like a month ago now. I don't have it. She refuses to accept that fact, and insists that I actually do have it, and that I need to be testing my sugar levels constantly to prove her point.

Just... No... I made the mistake of telling her I gained 6lbs between a Tuesday appointment one week, and a Thursday appointment two weeks later. Now she wants to buy a scale so I can properly track my weight gain as well as wanting me to use her glucose meter thing to prove to the Dr that I actually do have it. WTF mom? Stop trying to make this a thing! I stopped working and started sitting on my ass within that time. We also started eating more fast food, and carbohydrates (ok we had pizza like three times that week) which I've explained always causes a spike in weight gain for me, and 6lbs within two weeks isn't that big of a deal for the third tri. Especially when I gained less than 2lbs at this appointment.

Ugh... I don't want a scale in the house, it would depress me. Just like how much better I feel about the way I look now that I don't have a mirror that goes down below my boob line in the house. If I don't see it/have to dwell on it, I'm not focusing on it and making myself unnecessarily miserable. Also, Mother, don't get onto me about gaining weight when you've never lost ANY of the weight you gained with ANY of your six kids. You haven't been pregnant in fifteen years, and you still weight more than I do at 8 months pregnant.
  • Options
    rebelonerebelone member
    edited February 2016
    To the manager from a different department who thinks they can treat me as one of their own subordinates. There is a chain of command and if you want to request anything of me, I'm not obligated to comply unless MY Manager says it's okay. If you want something done, make your own staff do it for your own department. And for whatever reason I do agree to do something for you, be grateful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My major throat punch goes to my snarky coworker who HAD to make a comment about me dropping the ball with a customer visit this morning.  Nope, didn't drop the ball, just wasn't planning on being pulled into the other customer visit with a very large customer who spent 10M with us last.  I know she's acting this way because she thinks she should take back coordinating them. 

My other TP goes to our MD realtor who learned we are way under budget on our updates and repairs for our house.  So she wants us to upgrade to better materials.  First of all we negotiated a lot of the prices and they are good quality.  Quit adding more projects to the list that have no value add to the house.
  • Options
    rebelone said:
    Annoying is the member on first tri board who is being extremely rude and unsupportive of a fellow mom trying to quit smoking. 

I love my mom and appreciate her help but she just needs to back off a bit with her pregnancy advice. Let me do my thang!!

Saw this in FB and thought it be a good one to save for later...

But mini golf is srs bsns
    I hope taking mini golf seriously isn't a UO... That might ruin my relationship with my fiancé if we don't have a competitive fake sport between us >.>
  • Options
    I want to throat punch my dental insurance.  $500 is all they cover for the year per person.  I will pay more than that in coverage fees.  They are stupid.  Insurance is dumb.  I seriously asked them if I could transfer my $500 balance to DS so we didn't have to pay so flippin much out of pocket to have his mouth fixed.  They literally laughed.  I was being totally serious.  I won't use it, why not let a dependent have it.  It's not like it will roll over to next year.  UGH.  At least the dentist will let us set up a payment plan now because it's all out of pocket.  Guess I will just divert all the money I have spent over the last 6 months paying towards my health deductible to give birth and pay for his dental costs.  

And another throat punch to DS's mom for being shitty and secretly dropping dental insurance on him a year ago and leaving him in this situation.  That woman should have to pay for all of this because of her neglectful games instead of be planning a summer trip to NYC that DS won't even enjoy because he hates crowds, walking, and only wants to see the Statue of Liberty.  

imageimage
  • Options
    Throat punch to the stupid photographer that was supposed to take family pictures of us on Saturday. (Back story: my mom won a session at some auction and gave it to us. I don't care for the photographer's overly posed style in a lot of her pictures, but free is free.) So we've had this date set for quite some time now, and I've been asking for the last few weeks for a time and place. Emailed her again last Friday asking to speak last weekend about details. She replied via email that she had a very busy weekend and would reach out on Monday. Which...you can't make time for a 5-minute conversation? Anyway, didn't hear from her Monday, or even Tuesday. Yesterday she left me a voicemail on my cell (my phone didn't ring because I was in the elevator). I called her back about an hour later and got her voicemail; left a message with both my cell and work numbers asking to please connect with me that day. Heard nothing.

Talked to DH last night and we decided to just go ahead and cancel. I've had a bad feeling about her since the beginning and I doubt her ability to follow through on providing pictures in a timely manner if she can't even return a damn phone call on time. So I emailed her and cancelled (and also reached out to the photographer who will be doing our newborn pics to ask about her availability).  Then I get to work today and see that she's left a voicemail on my work number, without even trying my cell. Oh and the voicemail cuts off halfway through a sentence, so all I got to hear was "I was surprised to get your email cancelling when all we had left to finalize was the time and place!". Um...that's not some tiny little detail. I have other shit to get done during my limited weekend time, especially when we have the kids. I expect to know more than 2 days in advance at least a ballpark time of when we're doing a photo shoot. Idk how this woman has stayed in business as long as she has if this is how she interacts with clients!
  • Options
    Throat punch to my brother who is in trouble with the law AGAIN for being an idiot and making things hard for my mom.

Also throat punch to the old asshole that apparently has nothing better to do than sit at home looking out the window waiting for my husband and I to walk by his house with our dogs so he can yell at us to keep them out of his yard because he doesn't want dog shit there. We always clean up our dog shit and our dogs barely even stepped a couple inches into his yard and certainly did not do anything to it. People are so unpleasant.
  • Options
    Ugh... I don't want a scale in the house, it would depress me. Just like how much better I feel about the way I look now that I don't have a mirror that goes down below my boob line in the house. If I don't see it/have to dwell on it, I'm not focusing on it and making myself unnecessarily miserable. Also, Mother, don't get onto me about gaining weight when you've never lost ANY of the weight you gained with ANY of your six kids. You haven't been pregnant in fifteen years, and you still weight more than I do at 8 months pregnant.
    OMG yas!!! My mother had he nerve to say to me, after I was telling *someone else* that I had gained 10 lbs between appts a few weeks ago (there was a 4-5 week gap in those two appts), "Well, it's because you eat all the time"...as she was stuffing her own overweight/diabetic face with pound cake and sipping on a diet coke. Fuck off mom. 
  • Options

TP to my coworker who works with the Manager in the other department that I already dedicated a TP to. She sends over incomplete paperwork to be signed off by our division directors, but they're supposed to "remember" from last year's paperwork the reason why an employee's mileage reimbursement is over $200 to drive back and forth to a conference. Please. They barely can remember yesterday's paperwork what they signed off on much less a year ago. Just do your job and spell EVERYTHING out for audit's sake. We're not mind readers.

• Options
    rebelone said:

TP to my coworker who works with the Manager in the other department that I already dedicated a TP to. She sends over incomplete paperwork to be signed off by our division directors, but they're supposed to "remember" from last year's paperwork the reason why an employee's mileage reimbursement is over $200 to drive back and forth to a conference. Please. They barely can remember yesterday's paperwork what they signed off on much less a year ago. Just do your job and spell EVERYTHING out for audit's sake. We're not mind readers.

You must be in accounting?
  • Options
    yodiggity said:
    rebelone said:

No I work in the administration office of a clinic. We work interdepartmentally with many departments, including Accounting so we have a lot of internal customers.

• Options
    rebelone said:
    yodiggity said:
    rebelone said:

No I work in the administration office of a clinic. We work interdepartmentally with many departments, including Accounting so we have a lot of internal customers.
    The fact that you understand how important information is for auditing purposes impresses me. I am in accounting and people just don't get it. I hate minimal information. I don't give a shit who/what/how or why you bought that through company funds...but the IRS does! 

• Options
    Throat punch to the people at my doctor's office this week. The nurse checked my weight and for the first time ever between 2 weeks, I had gained 4 pounds (had been at the same weight since early second trimester). 

She then asked me "have you given a urine sample? We need to check for protein in your urine."

Yeah, ok. I knew where this was going. I had already given the sample, it turned up fine. Then she takes my blood pressure SUPER TIGHT, squeezing my arm to the point that my veins were popping out.

When I finally said "uh, ow?" She laughed and goes "sorry it's just that you look a little bit swollen to me, I need to make sure you don't have high blood pressure." 

SQUEEZING THE SHIT OUT OF MY ARM WILL MAKE ME VERY ANGRY AND GIVE ME HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE THANK YOU.

Then the doctor came in. We exchange pleasantries and then:

"So the nurse mentioned you look swollen. Any problems with your vision?" 

She picks up my foot and starts poking it. I have size 10 feet. They're big feet, always. I told her this, but she takes my blood pressure again.

Better safe than sorry, of course, but all this because I gained some weight? Come on. They really embarrassed me! I wanted to shove the blood pressure reader thing up that nurse's ass and ask "who's swollen now?"
  • Options
    @Missingchampagne  same thing happened to me this week! I was showing gaining 5lbs since my last appt 2 weeks ago and was asked all the same questions and my legs were squeezed (they did feel swollen) and my midwife thinks its water retention and too much sodium. My BP and urine sample were fine and I haven't been seeing stars or anything like that.  I have been gaining very slow and steady so I was upset by it too, but I can only blame myself because when she asked me if I had been having a lot of sodium, I had to honestly tell her that I had had KFC for dinner the night before and breakfast that morning.  :#

Hang in there! It's annoying! As long as all your other tests are normal, you are fine and it probably was a fluke this week or water retention too. :)
  • Options
    TP the coworkers who were popping bubble wrap for about a half hour while the rest of us tried to actually WORK. 

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    TP goes to coworker who said "pretty soon I'll be ale to bounce off of you!" How do people come up with these things? I love when teachers go against everything we try to teach our students about kindness and respect and then say stupid shit like that. Like would be okay for a fifth grader to say that to their overweight classmate? 
  • Options
    I'm adding a TPFriday! I had to be up for an inventory at 330 to make sure I got food eaten and to my store by 5. My company outsources our inventories. So I basically stay with their supervisors as they tag the store and make sure they get everything.

I should have known the supervisor they sent me was going to be a turd. He called the store yesterday while I was at lunch to tell them he was coming last night to tag. OH HELL NO. They have a set amount of time to have everything done from start to finish, that includes tagging. This is one of my smallest stores and he has the general number of scanners with him. There is no reason he should have an issue. So I had to call around to find who his supervisor was and tell them that was a NO GO. To which they said "we know, we aren't sure why he would think he can do that."

Jump to this morning where the GM and I are here at 5 ready to go and the guy calls to say he was here at 5 but realized he left his tags at home... -_- THEN proceeds to complain once he gets here at 540 about how someone said he couldn't come last night so they kept us from saving time. I told him that was me...that was against policy. 

Thankfully the scanners have been great and had accurate counts so far. But this guy keeps trying to run me inaccurate/incomplete reports. Then he keeps giving me excuses on why it wasn't his fault that they are printed like that because "there are so many different ways to print them." Yet made a snide comment about how new I am in my company. Um, look here buckoo, literally my first 2 weeks were nothing but inventories, I have gotten great results and had great supervisors for your company. I know our policies and the way you should be handling our account. You are sourced to different companies. I am sorry if you are crossing the rules in your head, but don't act as if I am incompetent. At the end of the day YOU can't leave here if you do not give ME what I need, the way I need it.

RAWR!!
  • Options
    TP to my coworker blasting Egyptian? music in the lab. If I think it's loud in my office I'm guessing other people on the floor can hear it. There is something called headphones dude, we all use them except you. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    wtf is Egyptian music? lol 

• Options
    yodiggity said:

I'm just taking a stab at what it is since he's from Egypt. Luckily I think it's stopped, but I'm leaving my door mostly closed because I hate everyone today

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    rebelonerebelone member
    edited February 2016
    TP to my manager who, when he heard that one of our brand new letter carriers asked for a day off to visit his mother who is in the hospital and who just went into a coma, said NOPE, he's still in his probationary period, he has to come in. So he called this poor kid and made him come in an work a ten hour shift. I would have punched him in the face if I were this kid. What a DICK.
    That's effing terrible and that's one of those instances where you hope karma comes around.

• Options
    yodiggity said:

Arabic music. I kinda like it.
  • Options
    Throat punch to the people at my doctor's office this week. The nurse checked my weight and for the first time ever between 2 weeks, I had gained 4 pounds (had been at the same weight since early second trimester). 

She then asked me "have you given a urine sample? We need to check for protein in your urine."

Yeah, ok. I knew where this was going. I had already given the sample, it turned up fine. Then she takes my blood pressure SUPER TIGHT, squeezing my arm to the point that my veins were popping out.

When I finally said "uh, ow?" She laughed and goes "sorry it's just that you look a little bit swollen to me, I need to make sure you don't have high blood pressure." 

SQUEEZING THE SHIT OUT OF MY ARM WILL MAKE ME VERY ANGRY AND GIVE ME HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE THANK YOU.

Then the doctor came in. We exchange pleasantries and then:

"So the nurse mentioned you look swollen. Any problems with your vision?" 

She picks up my foot and starts poking it. I have size 10 feet. They're big feet, always. I told her this, but she takes my blood pressure again.

Better safe than sorry, of course, but all this because I gained some weight? Come on. They really embarrassed me! I wanted to shove the blood pressure reader thing up that nurse's ass and ask "who's swollen now?"
    emgee27 said:
    @Missingchampagne  same thing happened to me this week! I was showing gaining 5lbs since my last appt 2 weeks ago and was asked all the same questions and my legs were squeezed (they did feel swollen) and my midwife thinks its water retention and too much sodium. My BP and urine sample were fine and I haven't been seeing stars or anything like that.  I have been gaining very slow and steady so I was upset by it too, but I can only blame myself because when she asked me if I had been having a lot of sodium, I had to honestly tell her that I had had KFC for dinner the night before and breakfast that morning.  :#

Hang in there! It's annoying! As long as all your other tests are normal, you are fine and it probably was a fluke this week or water retention too. :)

To be fair, as someone who had pre-e once before and is being very closely monitored for it again,  4+ lbs is a lot to gain during your 2 week appointments especially if you have not been on a rapid / higher weight gain track previously. 

It could very well be due to sodium or some other non-issue reason; however, swelling is a BIG tell for pre-e.  The protein in the urine isn't even as big of an indicating factor now as it used to be.  High blood pressure and swelling will raise any and all red flags and that's when they start asking about the other symptoms.  Also, when you are swollen, the BP cuff does squeeze more and tend to hurt, that's normal.  Also, taking BP reading multiple times in a visit is normal when they are checking for signs of pre-e; they want to see if the reading comes down at all or stays consistent.

So while it was an unpleasant appointment and they may have felt a bit aggressive, trust me ... it wasn't meant to embarrass you, but to closely monitor you, and 100% worth it.

• Options
    @Jules08 Yeah, I know they were just doing their jobs at the end of the day. But I kept telling them "my feet always kinda look like that..." (I have giant feet, seriously, size 10 and wide) and got annoyed they didn't believe me. I am sure it was my sodium intake because the day before, we had gone to an all-you-can-eat sushi and pan-Asian buffet for lunch. That soy sauce is killer. I just felt like I was telling them what was my normal, and they were insisting I was swollen when I was saying "dude no, I just look like this".
  • Options
    @Jules08 thank you for your insight, I'm definitely keeping an eye on it to make sure. I have a BP cuff at home and have been tracking it. My BP was normal at the appt, as low as it always is, and has been low at home as well. Luckily only my ankles have been swollen from being on my feet cleaning at home more aggressively lately, nothing else is swollen.  I have googled the signs every couple of days just to make sure I'm not missing anything!

Hope you're doing well and continue pre-e-free this pregnancy!
  • Options
    @Jules08 Yeah, I know they were just doing their jobs at the end of the day. But I kept telling them "my feet always kinda look like that..." (I have giant feet, seriously, size 10 and wide) and got annoyed they didn't believe me. I am sure it was my sodium intake because the day before, we had gone to an all-you-can-eat sushi and pan-Asian buffet for lunch. That soy sauce is killer. I just felt like I was telling them what was my normal, and they were insisting I was swollen when I was saying "dude no, I just look like this".

Ha, me too (To the giant feet bolded part)

One thing that I did last time, was to take pictures of my legs/ ankles/ feet throughout the day and week to give my OB a reference point.  That could be an idea for you, if they say anything again, then they have something to compare to.

• Options
    emgee27 said:
    @Jules08 thank you for your insight, I'm definitely keeping an eye on it to make sure. I have a BP cuff at home and have been tracking it. My BP was normal at the appt, as low as it always is, and has been low at home as well. Luckily only my ankles have been swollen from being on my feet cleaning at home more aggressively lately, nothing else is swollen.  I have googled the signs every couple of days just to make sure I'm not missing anything!

Hope you're doing well and continue pre-e-free this pregnancy!

Absolutely!  Sounds like you are in a good spot and that you have the normal end of pregnancy swelling.  Hope you continue to have great BP numbers, minimal swelling, and that pre-e does not became a concern!

I am on a higher dose of BP meds and with that, I've been able to keep my numbers around 120/70.  I have had some significant on and off swelling show up, so my OB is continuing to monitor me (I have gone every 2 weeks since the beginning), but so far everything is "looking beautiful" according to my OB last week.  I am just hoping for no bed rest and no induction this time!

• Options
    WiseUsagi said:
    Throat punch to all the people looking to get "Easter bunnies" for their kids just to neglect and abandon them when their kid gets bored with it. I run a rabbit rescue and this is honestly my least favorite time of year. You wouldn't get your kid a freaking reindeer for Christmas why the hell do you think an Easter bunny is a good idea? 
    So I shouldn't consider a reindeer for my LO this Christmas?
  • Options
    WiseUsagi said:
    Throat punch to all the people looking to get "Easter bunnies" for their kids just to neglect and abandon them when their kid gets bored with it. I run a rabbit rescue and this is honestly my least favorite time of year. You wouldn't get your kid a freaking reindeer for Christmas why the hell do you think an Easter bunny is a good idea? 
    I'm doing it anyway. Or maybe just a goat so I don't have to mow the back yard...
  • Options
    WiseUsagi said:
    I'm doing it anyway. Or maybe just a goat so I don't have to mow the back yard...
    True story, I love goats and can't can't wait until LO is walking etc so we can go volunteer at the goat farm like fifteen minutes away. I would own my own, but pets... I'm over them...
  • Options
    Gunna go and throat punch my ILs. DS caught my nephews hand, foot and mouth disease, just like I knew he would. Poor kid started the rash phase today. Don't be a terrible human being. QUARANTINE YOUR SICK CHILD. DON'T BRING SOMEONE CONTAGIOUS OVER TO PLAY WITH A KID WHO IS NOT SICK.

Anniversary

• Options
    fbanke42 said:
    Gunna go and throat punch my ILs. DS caught my nephews hand, foot and mouth disease, just like I knew he would. Poor kid started the rash phase today. Don't be a terrible human being. QUARANTINE YOUR SICK CHILD. DON'T BRING SOMEONE CONTAGIOUS OVER TO PLAY WITH A KID WHO IS NOT SICK.
    Aww that sucks. Lay on ALL the guilt!
  • Options
    fbanke42 said:
    Aww that sucks. Lay on ALL the guilt!
    I would, but I really don't want to kick my MIL and FIL while they're down. Their house was auctioned off yesterday, so now they need to figure out a new place to live ASAP. My MIL kept telling DH that my nephew wasn't contagious when he came over to play (she was told this my my BIL and SIL, who said that my nephew's doctor said he was no longer contagious), but obviously that was wrong, so now all of my ILs look like jerks. If I was willing to share to company of my BIL and SIL, I would totally guilt trip them with DS's rashes. 

Anniversary