Pregnant after a Loss

3rd Tri Mamas

Re: 3rd Tri Mamas

• ALC08ALC08 member
    Are you any better @Plleriti1?
  • Thanks for checking in @ALC08 Unfortunately no, I feel like it's just getting worse. I'm taking mucinex and Benadryl (dr approved) but it's kicking my butt. Mainly the coughing spasms. And I've got a suck husband and 2.5 year old so I'm worn a little thin! But I have the next two days off work so maybe I can just kick back. 
    How are you feeling? Any signs of labor???
  • Loading the player...
  • ALC08ALC08 member
    I'm sorry you're having a hard time! Definitely take it easy(as much as you can with a lo)! No real signs, although I started feeling worse yesterday. Back aches are much stronger and crampy off and on. My energy and stamina seems to have dropped drastically, I'm basically hibernating at this point. I have an appointment monday morning, so we'll see if I have started dilating any. 
  • Keep us posted! I go Monday afternoon! Crampy seems to be a good sign. I've been feeling that too the past two days. Get a pedicure and watch a movie! It's almost go time! 
  • @Plleriti1Hope the cold disappears soon for you.. A normal cold throws me off gear and when I got one early in 3rd trimester I was so irritated and ready to take any meds to overcome it. 

38 weeks today and still seems like she's in no hurry to come out. I think she still hasn't dropped either. I did get a pedicure and watched Batman vs. Superman last night :) Got my appt on Monday too, let's update each other here. Best of luck to you all. 
  • Eek baby and hubby sick too! Hope you feel better soon @Plleriti1 - like you said, it's almost go time :)
  • ALC08ALC08 member
    Well i got news I wasn't prepared for this morning! If baby doesn't come before, I am being induced on thursday! I'm 2cm & 80% effaced and will be 39 wks on thursday. He said it was because of my MTHFR, he didn't go into detail so that worries me a little. I really didn't want to be induced but I have to trust his judgement. If you pray, please send one up for us! 
  • ALC08 said:
    Well i got news I wasn't prepared for this morning! If baby doesn't come before, I am being induced on thursday! I'm 2cm & 80% effaced and will be 39 wks on thursday. He said it was because of my MTHFR, he didn't go into detail so that worries me a little. I really didn't want to be induced but I have to trust his judgement. If you pray, please send one up for us! 
    FX for you! Hopefully baby will respond once the doc starts the induction. 
  • Eek @ALC08 I am soooo excited for you!!! He's gonna be in your arms in no time! 
    I am 2+cm and 60+% effaced. Did a membrane sweep today. Dr was touching his head! Turns out my cramps are contractions... How did I not know that?! Lol! And I have a sinus infection. Could be any day now for us too! Fingers crossed!
  • Good luck ladies!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• ALC08ALC08 member
    Thanks @CarrieandRoy @kimey1!
    Crazy @Plleriti1!! As soon as he started checking me he said "wow, that head is really down there!" They said he was -1. Hopefully I make some progress before Thursday. Can't believe I will have him by the weekend!
    Good luck! Guess we will both have updates soon!
  • Contractions have picked up. And now I feel like I know nothing about labor even though I've done it before. Lol! Except for that it hurts! 
  • Can't wait to hear about your squishy babies soon @ALC08 and @Plleriti1 !! :smiley: 
  • Out of curiosity - is anyone here aiming for an unmedicated birth?
  • @kimey1 I always think that's a good idea and then panic. Well atleast I did with my DD. This time around I'm determined to just see how far I can go. My contractions are painful but not super regular or long right now. Anywhere from 5-10 mins apart but only about 30 secs long. 
  • ALC08ALC08 member
    I would like to but don't have much hope for it. As painful as my mcs were(I could feel the contractions and they were excruciating in my back) I don't see how I could get through it. I do want to hold out as long as I can though! 
  • Appreciate your responses. At times I feel like being almost slut-shamed on my birth month board for aiming for an unmedicated birth or suggesting natural ways of induction. It's not like epidurals and cytotec don't have their own risks! 
    I'm a FTM so I'll see how I hold out! I'm relying on my doula. My gut tells me DH won't be all that helpful during labor. Lol
  • ALC08ALC08 member
    I don't even go on my bmb anymore. I didn't give it much of a chance but I just didn't feel like there was understanding or compassion like there is in PGAL. I'm not here to deal with people that want to be brutal! I don't understand why you wouldn't want to consider natural birth. Like I said in pp I would prefer to if I thought I could handle it and I am definitely open to it! Just don't have much confidence in my ability to power through. Lol. But we will see. And I am also not really pro induction. In my mind it seems like it would be best to wait until your body and baby are ready on their own ( unless there is a medical reason). I certainly didn't plan to be induced and was shocked when he told me, but apparently he sees some sort of possible risk with waiting much longer. I'm not judging anyone for their decisions though. It's up to each of us to choose which path to take! Don't let anyone shame you. 
  • @ALC08 @Plleriti1 oh wowww so excited any time now for you both! 

I totally echo the previous post about unmedicated birth, I am also going to try my best and see how far I can go without pain medication. And it's really unnecessary to point fingers or have opinions about how others should birth their children. Don't pay them any attention @kimey1
  • Thanks @ALC08 and @Skydance - I personally devoured Ina May's Guide to Childbirth but I've also read other books that consider pitocin, cytotec and epidurals as preferred choices in labor. I don't get why old fashioned nonmedicated methods need to be shunned when modern medical assistance come with just as many risks as old fashioned ones. To each his own. I don't think it matters as long as you are happy with the choices you made in birth since much of it seems to be like the weather - out of our control!

On a positive note, I had my 37 week appt just now and doc said my cervix has started to open. Yay! She said baby's big so she wants her out by 40 weeks. Fingers crossed she comes at week 39 when my mom is here!

Looking forward to baby news ALC08 and @Plleriti1

• kimey1kimey1 member
    edited April 2016
    Omg congratulations @Plleriti1 !!! He's finally here!
  • ALC08ALC08 member
    Wow!!! @Plleriti1!!! Congrats!!
  • Congratulations @Plleriti1 <3 

@kimey1I'm still a few weeks away from third tri, but I wanted to chime in that I'm also going to try as hard as I can to deliver naturally. But I have no idea what to expect so I will also be getting pre-approved for an epidural. I had back surgery in Dec '14, so my obgyn said I will need to meet with someone from the anesthesia team and they will probably want info from my spine dr. I'm hoping it gets approved, because I'd feel less scared knowing that's an option.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• @Plleriti1Woww!!! Congratulations on your rainbow. Rest up and recover well! Waiting to hear more when you get a chance! Super thrilled for you!
  • kimey1kimey1 member
    edited April 2016
    @CarrieandRoy Yeah- whatever floats your boat!
    I chose certain interventions as last resorts too. I've told my doc I'm ok with pitocin if it comes down to it but not cytotec or an epi. Apparently laughing gas isn't legal in this state yet.
    You could look into Hypnobirthing, Hypnobabies, Bradley Method to prep. Someone told me hypnobabies worked better for her. I'm practicing hypnobirthing and relying on my doula. Love her! 
    So happy you're almost in the 3rd trimester!!
  • @Plleriti1 congratulations with your sweet little rainbow.
  • @kimey1 I read a book on Hypnobirthing. That's what made me want to try to do this naturally. And nitrous is approved here, so that's my first choice for intervention, though I'm told is doesn't help with pain, it just might help you deal with it better. I'm hoping the option for the epidural will keep my fear level down and I can keep telling myself to hold out a little longer. I'm so curious how things will turn out.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• @CarrieandRoy That's great! It would've been my first choice too. I'm sure you're gonna do great! 
  • @ALC08 thinking about you..hope everything goes smoothly. 
  • Sending you fast and easy labor vibes @ALC08
  • @Plleriti1 Congratulations!!! How exciting!! 
  • Anxiously awaiting your update @ALC08 I hope baby E is here, happy and healthy! As is mama! 
  • kimey1kimey1 member
    edited April 2016
    Woohoo. Mucus plug fell out today :smile: No wonder I've been cramping everyday. Feels like now the waiting game's officially on!
  • @kimey1awesome!! Hoping for an easy delivery for you! I feel like my baby has no exit strategy planned. She's too comfy in Motel Mommy. 39 weeks today. 
  • @Skydance im hoping its this week! Hope it is for both of us!
  • I can't wait to read all these Rainbow baby posts this week!! Hopefully I can post mine on Thursday! Here's hoping everyone has a smooth delivery! 
  • @Plleriti1 congratulations!!!  So happy for you.  @ALC08 thinking of you!!
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Congratulations @ALC08 !! Looking forward to your rainbow's squishy baby pics!