Pregnant after a Loss

3rd Tri Mamas

:| Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing! I am just over 30 weeks now and everything seems to be well with me and the little guy. He is kicking and moving just up under my ribs now and some of them can be pretty uncomfortable! Seems he is getting bigger and stronger by the day. I'm excited for April to be here so i can finally see my sweet baby. @bntfroggie@Plleriti1 and anyone else my brain dead self may have forgotten  :|

Re: 3rd Tri Mamas

• Loading the player...
  • Feeling pretty thankful for having this board and this group of mamas to share my anxiety, excitement, worries, etc with thus far in our pregnancies! So excited for the pics and announcements to start rolling in in a couple months! 
  • I'm so happy for everyone doing well! 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How are all you ladies feeling? This time around I am SO uncomfortable! I keep trying to "enjoy my last pregnancy" but man... It hurts! So much different this time around than with my daughter! 
  • ALC08ALC08 member
    I was having really bad heartburn/ indigestion but it seems to be better. I feel like i can breathe a little easier too, and ppl keep telling me he looks low. Hoping he is not getting ready to come just yet. Other than that i just can't do as much any more, doesn't take much to make my back scream. We started birthing class this week. Anxious and excited to see my little boy!
  • Still have 8 weeks to go and I def dont think baby's dropped yet. Walking fast is difficult (oh the muscles and lightning crotch!) and I definitely feel her head poking my bladder from time to time. The cankles swelling makes it really tough and period-like cramps have returned. Can't imagine how it'll be when she actually drops!
  • I totally forgot what it felt like to be this far! I completely forgot about the period like cramps! I've been worried, so thanks for the reminder. 9 more weeks, I hope March flies by!
  • 36wks as of yesterday.  It is still just mind blowing.  Everyone I talk to are like oh I remember being that far along and was just so ready to be done, or I bet you are over it.  Truth is I kind of like being pregnant.  Honestly since January 2015 I've only not been pregnant for 2 months, this is kind of my new normal ha ha.  She can take as little or much time as she need to, to be healthy.

Also spoke to the doctor and they wont let me go past 41wks which means I have a maximum of 5wks left to go.

But to answer the question at had I'm doing good :smiley: 
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • I feel the same way @bntfroggie We found out March 2015 we were expecting and lost our daughter in June. I was pregnant again in August so I feel like I've been pregnant forever! Lol :-) I just want her to stay put and keep healthy and growing until it's time. But... On the other hand I'm so terrified the closer I get to end. I can't help but think of all the women on here who lost this late. 
  • Ditto on not minding being pregnant. I was pregnant half of last year because of the loss before this so I'm happy. It's a blessing. She can stay there as long as she needs to get nice n plump before heading out here! 
  • Feel the same - getting heavier for sure but I'm happy to stay pregnant for as long as she likes. Next scan in a week when I'll be 35w. Wheeee it's all getting real and imminent now. 
  • kimey1kimey1 member
    edited March 2016
    I had an interesting update.
    What I thought were my first serious braxton hicks were actual contractions early yesterday morning. It wasn't helping that I had diarreah at the same time! So after 2.5hrs of contractions I came to the hospital as my doctor said. 

After tests doc said it'd be best to be admitted and see whether the contractions go away, and to see whether I dialate (i wasn't at all at the time). For 22hrs I was hooked upto an IV for hydration, magnesium and got 2 steroid shots to make sure baby's brain and lungs were developed if she decided to come this weekend!
    Turned out to be a false alarm, so I'm back home and put on bedrest for a few days. I'm still feeling the meds (they last 24hrs after getting off of em) but I'm just glad baby's been a trooper. I'll be 34weeks on Saturday. Stay in there just a few more weeks hon!
  • Oh my! Quite an experience.. Glad you're doing better now. Hopefully no more false alarms till the real deal when baby's ready. Kudos to both baby and mom for being troopers! Take good rest. 
  • @kimey1 I hope baby stays put for a little longer.
  • Thanks @bntfroggie @Skydance 3 more weeks and I'll be happy. I don't mind her coming around 37 weeks :smile: 
    How are you ladies doing?
  • Oh man! I'm so glad she's staying put! Who's up first? I can't wait to see Rainbow babies!!!  6.5 more weeks here, getting excited to meet my little one!
  • I'm right there with you @bntfroggie! Ready as I can be so hope LO decides it's time soon! 
  • Yay! We are all SO close. 4w2d to go for me. Ultrasound on Friday evening to check baby's positioning and fluid levels. I feel like he's already 17lbs! (Let's hope to god not! ;))
  • @Plleriti1 that's awesome! I have 6 weeks to go but i think she'll be here in 3 or 4 instead. She was measuring 5lbs today. Doc's put me on a carb-free, oil-free diet so she gains 0.5lb p/week till delivery.
  • That is so exciting @kimey1 ok, not the diet part but the possible early delivery part! It finally stopped raining in Ca so I'm at the car wash (getting one more thing checked off my list) and the guy tells me I look really tired. Add that to the list of things not to say to an extremely pregnant woman! (And yes... I am tired but I don't want to look that way!)
  • ALC08ALC08 member
    I'm so excited but SOOO tired this week!! Anyone else struggling right now? 
  • I've been struggling for years now ha ha.  I'm tired and my hip hurts and all I want to do is complain, but I've had an easy pregnancy so I don't feel like it is warranted.  Also I'm getting checked today so I'm hoping to be at least a little bit dilated at 39wks.  I'll let you ladies know.
  • Yup, I'm tired and cranky! So ready to be done with this, but looks like LO is just making herself comfy in there. Due to SPD I feel like an old lady barely getting around in the house and it's quite limited what stuff I actually can get done. I'm getting bored an feel like all I'm doing is waiting and waiting AND waiting! 
  • @bntfroggie How was the appointment?! Can't wait to hear a rainbow baby update!!! 
  • ALC08ALC08 member
    @bntfroggie keep us updated!! It's strang how several of my dates coincide as well, but it kind of makes it bittersweet instead of just bitter. Can't wait to hear you have your little angel!
  • 36 week ultrasound this eve... Started bleeding right as I got to the dr tonight. 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Bleeding seems to be from dilating and has stopped. Dr doesn't think I'll make it to 40 weeks! 
  • Plleriti1 said:
    36 week ultrasound this eve... Started bleeding right as I got to the dr tonight. 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Bleeding seems to be from dilating and has stopped. Dr doesn't think I'll make it to 40 weeks! 
    That's exciting. Looking forward to seeing your baby's picture soon :smile: 
  • here's to making new happy memories on that date.. Enjoy the last few days/weeks of pregtastic life @bntfroggie
  • @Plleriti1Oh wow!! When I read bleeding I got worried but then realized it's a good sign right now.. Right? Hope it wasn't anything serious and you're well on the way to a healthy delivery.. Whenever he's ready :) 
  • At my appointment last week they found that I have Group B Strep so will need an antibiotics IV during labor and delivery :( Anyone else on here had/have the same? Also did any of your babies drop and did you see/feel the difference?
  • @Skydance Haven't been tested for Group B Strep yet so can't say much there. 
    DH says my belly dropped a little and my mom agreed. I can't really tell visually, but I do feel her nudging me and making me wanna pee instantly.
  • I don't see visually that my belly has dropped at all, and no one has made any comment that it has.  Hopefully she is where she needs to be. :neutral: