Trying to Get Pregnant

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• @lulucooks I'm so sorry. I'm really hoping you get a BFP soon!!
  • MRSCORKER said:

@MRSCORKER I did the same thing about a year ago and I felt actual anxiety over that relationship as if it were my own lol Also, (this could be a FFFC in itself) I feel like Rory's acting is so stiff and staged and awkward. I'm not sure if that was intentional, like for the character, but the way she would talk and give those terrible half hugs to people just seemed so fake haha

I don't have a problem with her acting, I just assumed those were character choices. I do have issues with the characters decisions. I understand that she's young and you make mistakes, lord knows I did, but damn... Logan? He's clearly an awful human being, MOVE ON. Also, don't sleep with married men, even if he did get married when he was 12 and it's obviously not going to work regardless. Just a good rule to live by. 
    I also have legit anxiety about Luke and Lorelai. This happens to me sometimes with shows/books. Usually it means the characters are well written and the actors have good chemistry or I just really identify with one of the characters on a very deep level. Work is seriously getting in the way of my binge watching abilities today! 

Edited for clarification

Seriously! And losing her virginity to the married man to boot! I'm definitely not perfect, but my first was not married haha Logan is a d-bag and so are his parents, if everyone treats you like crap, take a step back and stop being so eager to please! I definitely do the same thing with shows and books, I get attached to characters as if they are real and then I feel embarassed
    Oh, I'm here for the Gilmore Girls talk. My husband and I still give each other weird Rory Gilmore hugs as a joke. She made such terrible dating choices - even Dean started out wonderful and ended up a horrible human being. I have all the DVDs of that show, it is available on netflix, and I still watch it every time it's on tv - it's a real problem. :smiley: 
  • Loading the player...
  • MRSCORKER said:
    bcooke314 said:
    @MRSCORKER   I loved Logan! I thought he was actually a really great guy toward the end of the show.
    I haven't gotten that far yet. I'll hold off judgement until then :)

Edited for spelling.
    @MRSCORKER my FFFC is that I think we could be BFFs based solely on your siggy gif. My favorite show ever.  I have watched through the entire thing at least 5 times. serious. And also coffee is my favorite thing ever! 

and @bcooke314 I agree. I thought he was good for Rory. He obviously had some flaws, like anyone. But I think they made each other better, which is the point of a relationship in my opinion. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Lulucooks I'm sorry. I hope you get your BFP soon! *hugs*

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Adding some more hugs for you @lulucooks
  • MRSCORKERMRSCORKER member
    edited January 2016
    MRSCORKER said:
    bcooke314 said:
    @MRSCORKER   I loved Logan! I thought he was actually a really great guy toward the end of the show.
    I haven't gotten that far yet. I'll hold off judgement until then :)

Edited for spelling.
    @MRSCORKER my FFFC is that I think we could be BFFs based solely on your siggy gif. My favorite show ever.  I have watched through the entire thing at least 5 times. serious. And also coffee is my favorite thing ever! 

and @bcooke314 I agree. I thought he was good for Rory. He obviously had some flaws, like anyone. But I think they made each other better, which is the point of a relationship in my opinion. 
    Well, now I'm even more eager to get home and see this Rory/Logan relationship unfold. No one could be worse than Jess so he has that going for him. 

ETA: One of the things I love about the show is that each character is very obviously flawed. I mean, Emily Gilmore? Come on. You alternately love her and hate her with each episode. I think that's what makes the show so relatable. 
    Who knew Gilmore Girls would be so philosophical?

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• MRSCORKER said 
    Well, now I'm even more eager to get home and see this Rory/Logan relationship unfold. No one could be worse than Jess so he has that going for him. 
    That is the truth! What an asshole. He reminds me of my last boyfriend, before DH. Definitely one of the dumbest things I have ever done. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • MRSCORKER said 
    That is the truth! What an asshole. He reminds me of my last boyfriend, before DH. Definitely one of the dumbest things I have ever done. 
    Seriously?! I really liked Jess. I never understood why Rory dated Dean. She had nothing in common with Dean. Jess was much deeper and they had actual conversations. Jess, like Logan, also got better as the show progressed, too. Dean got worse.
  • bcooke314 said:
    MRSCORKER said 
    Seriously?! I really liked Jess. I never understood why Rory dated Dean. She had nothing in common with Dean. Jess was much deeper and they had actual conversations. Jess, like Logan, also got better as the show progressed, too. Dean got worse.
    I agree with not love Dean, he definitely got worse. Jess could have been good for Rory. If he didn't treat her like shit. I have no patience with guys like that. The kind of guy who thinks he is too cool to tell you how he actually feels. Also, actions speak louder than words. His actions were just horrible. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • bcooke314 said:
    MRSCORKER said 
    I agree with not love Dean, he definitely got worse. Jess could have been good for Rory. If he didn't treat her like shit. I have no patience with guys like that. The kind of guy who thinks he is too cool to tell you how he actually feels. Also, actions speak louder than words. His actions were just horrible. 
    Yeah, I guess basically she just never dated any great guys.
  • bcooke314 said:
    MRSCORKER said 
    Oh, I agree that Dean got worse and that she had nothing in common with him. I also agree that Jess grew as a person and got his shit together as the show progressed but he treated her like crap. I'm not even through season 5 yet so my opinions may change. 
    I really loved Max Madina too. I liked him with Lorelai but he was no Luke :)

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• I have only seen a few episodes of Gilmore Girls here and there and I am feeling compelled to binge watch. 
  • ArtlessIbexArtlessIbex member
    edited January 2016
    Paturkey said:
    FFFC: I am tempted to change my month/cycle from 7/7 to 4/4. I've been here a while now and it's bothering me a little. The truth is that first month was more NTNP, the second month was anovulatory, and the fourth month DH was away for 2.5 weeks spanning the entire FW and then some so we had no chance. Soooo, if I only count months where we were *really* trying and I ovulated and we were both together, I'm on month/cycle 4. I know it is totally meaningless and no one but MH and I truly care about this, but I think it might make me feel better (and it's more accurate to our attempts). Plus, I'm 35 so 6 is really the magic number for me and I don't think we're there yet. Maybe I'll wait until next cycle and move on to 5/5 instead of 8/8... I suppose my other FFFC is I clearly have put way too much thought into this. :(
    @Paturkey  I did essentially that as well.  I'm 36, but I feel like if I go to the RE and show her my charts, she'll be like "But hey, you missed you FW here, and you were anov here, and there were two months you didn't even try!"
    So I count this as month 6 instead of month 8 or 10 or whatever it really would be.  When we started "trying" we weren't trying all that hard for several months.  I'm not doing it to make it seem like less time, but because I want to give the most accurate picture of how long we've REALLY been trying.  That only seems fair.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • My FFFC - I have never seen an episode of Gilmore Girls.  :o  Also, I let myself google search today even though I promised I wouldn't.  meh.
  • @JamieMichelle12 I also need to re-watch Friends. I used to be able to reference a relevant Friends episode for pretty much any occasion and the other day my husband brought up a Friends episode and it took me a full minute to remember it. I'm so ashamed. 
  • MRSCORKERMRSCORKER member
    edited January 2016
    @anj27 and @JamieMichelle12 I can also pretty much quote friends from beginning to end. Maybe my FFFC should be that I watch too much tv? 

Edited because words are hard at the end of the day. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• anj27anj27 member
    edited January 2016
    Ugh, Amazon Prime is useless for TV. No Friends and no Gilmore Girls. I'm going to have to borrow my sister's Friends DVD collection but I don't even have a DVD player. 

ETA:

• @MRSCORKER No Netflix. I need to re-do my budget for Friends. 
  • I guess I should add a FFFC... I just baked chocolate chip cookies the size of my head (so much for that diet), and I paid someone to clean the house for me this week. :tongue: 

Sorry, I'm boring.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I sexted my husband during hs conference with a foreign team to pay him back for not hio last night. I thought her be mad but he texted back!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'll jump on the "I watch to much tv" wagon. Friends, Grey's, Army Wives, we recently started watching Scrubs on Netflix.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• Ok, here are my real confessions. I have like a million, so I am giving you a couple. 

1. My first order of wondfos arrived today. Opks and pregnancy tests. I feel drunk with power and want to pee on all the things. I still have a couple of cycles until we are even actually ttc. I probably should have waited to order them. 

2. DH and I were watching the latest Avengers movie last night. The whole time I kept thinking how lucky Hawk Eye's wife was to be pregnant. It seems like he is gone an awful lot. Pretty nice coincidence that he was there during her fertile week. Yeah, I am pretty much ruined now. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • beforeyoubeforeyou member
    edited January 2016
    @mrsstuessy yasssss to both!! 

Uhhhmmmm I never have a good confession for these things. 
    oh, ok, my confession is that I can't stand the Duggars but I friggen love Bringing Up Bates. Have you guys seen them? I'm watching them right now. They're just kinda... cute. 

also now I totally want to re-watch Gilmore Girls. 

edited for spacing.
  • anj27 said:
    @JamieMichelle12 I also need to re-watch Friends. I used to be able to reference a relevant Friends episode for pretty much any occasion and the other day my husband brought up a Friends episode and it took me a full minute to remember it. I'm so ashamed. 
    As you should be.  :wink: 

Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• @MRSCORKER - I watch hilariously huge amounts of TV!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• MrsDho11 said:
    @MRSCORKER - I watch hilariously huge amounts of TV!
    Ok, good. I feel a little bit better :)

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Yes to all the tv-watching! I watch way too much these days, and Netflix and Hulu both get a prominent spot in our budget. 

I'm almost done with Friends right now, and I recently re-watched Gilmore Girls. I love all the shows mentioned above!
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I thought I was someone who would really limit screen time with kids, but my mom got my oldest a kindle for his 3rd birthday and the free time app is amazing.  It helps so much when I just need him to sit still for a few minutes or wind down and relax.  Moral of the story I definitely ate my words on that one and can't wait till my daughter gets her own.  ;)
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• I've taken a nap more days than I haven't this week.

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • bcooke314 said:
    During my last TWW, I lurked on the BMB I would have been on if I was pregnant and convinced myself I would be joining them (I was waiting for my Wondfos to arrive in the mail, so I couldn't test yet). Then, of course, I got my period. My only consolation is that if I ovulate at my normal time and get KU this cycle, I'll be on that same BMB.
    I'm currently doing the same thing! :/ 
  • bcooke314 said:
    During my last TWW, I lurked on the BMB I would have been on if I was pregnant and convinced myself I would be joining them (I was waiting for my Wondfos to arrive in the mail, so I couldn't test yet). Then, of course, I got my period. My only consolation is that if I ovulate at my normal time and get KU this cycle, I'll be on that same BMB.
    I'm currently doing the same thing! :/ 
    Don't do it! Stay away! It set me up for so much disappointment :(