• anj27 said:
    I punched myself in the eye this morning, like I think it might bruise.  :#
    Lol how did you do that? 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • @MRSCORKER I get it! That's how I feel about New Girl with Nick and Jess. I was so into their relationship. I hated when they broke up.. It's all too much!

My FFFC.... I lie to DH when I haven't gotten enough sleep and need to nap. I love him dearly but he feels that if he's up, I have to be up too. Well I have been on daylight all week, which I'm not used to, and I've had like 3 hours of sleep. So naturally I come home and nap. Well he wakes me up when he gets up to ask if I'm getting up.. I lie and tell him I'm sick or have a migraine.. That gives me an hour or two of uninterrupted sleep. I'm sure he doesn't believe me anymore at this point but it's the only way he will leave me alone lol.
  • @DCHokiemom I was gonna say, see how he feels in a few weeks when she's like perma-attached to his leg... :)

My FFFC: DH had to work last night and I ended up watch Girl Meets World while I ate dinner and I semi-enjoyed it.  Cory + Topanga 4ever!  
    No shame in your game! I enjoy Girl Meets World. No, it's not as good as Boy Meets World, but I still enjoy it. 
    Girl Meets World watcher here too! I get all excited when old characters return. It's definitely not as good as boy meets world but I still like it. 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • I still have dreams about a guy from high school.  He was two years older, so cute, took a special interest in me but we never dated because we were always with other people.  So it became more like a big brother thing. About twice a year I have these really vivid, intense dreams about him; it's always intimate and romantic, but never sexual, if that makes sense?  I would never tell DH.  I wish I knew what they mean... DH and I have been together 15 years so maybe I just miss having that will we or won't we feeling?
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• whiskawhiska member
    edited January 2016
    @MamaMunn I taught anatomy with cadavers for a few years!  I really miss being in the lab; human bodies are so cool.  My obgyn advised me to stop when we started ttc, unfortunately, since formalin is teratogenic.  

ETA - sorry, I didn't mean that as a PSA or to say you shouldn't go!  I had to stop because I was in the lab 5 hours a day, much of that talking/teaching over the bodies and breathing a lot of the chemicals in. Much more than you would get on a field trip tour!
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• My HSG x-ray is hanging on my fridge.  I'm sure not many people have a picture of their uterus and Fallopian tubes hanging on their fridge, but I'm proud of it. 
    I've had DS's hip and spine X-ray on my fridge for nearly a year, lol
    image image
  • @missteacherlady16 and @sarah0985, I fully intend to take the shameless reboot watching to Fuller House next month too.
    Uh, I just told DH in no uncertain terms that I am watching the reboot, which means that he is too. 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • <3 Full House.
  • Yessss I am anxiously awaiting Fuller House. That was THE show back in the day. Hope it lives up to the hype
  • @missteacherlady16 and @sarah0985, I fully intend to take the shameless reboot watching to Fuller House next month too.
    Yessssss! I hope they do it as well as gmw! Not ignore the backstory or characters but still be its own show!
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Paturkey said:
    FFFC: I am tempted to change my month/cycle from 7/7 to 4/4. I've been here a while now and it's bothering me a little. The truth is that first month was more NTNP, the second month was anovulatory, and the fourth month DH was away for 2.5 weeks spanning the entire FW and then some so we had no chance. Soooo, if I only count months where we were *really* trying and I ovulated and we were both together, I'm on month/cycle 4. I know it is totally meaningless and no one but MH and I truly care about this, but I think it might make me feel better (and it's more accurate to our attempts). Plus, I'm 35 so 6 is really the magic number for me and I don't think we're there yet. Maybe I'll wait until next cycle and move on to 5/5 instead of 8/8... I suppose my other FFFC is I clearly have put way too much thought into this. :(
    I totally get this logic and feel where you're coming from. I would go with 5/5 if I were you.

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @MRSCORKER I did the same thing about a year ago and I felt actual anxiety over that relationship as if it were my own lol Also, (this could be a FFFC in itself) I feel like Rory's acting is so stiff and staged and awkward. I'm not sure if that was intentional, like for the character, but the way she would talk and give those terrible half hugs to people just seemed so fake haha

@Paturkey I totally get that train of thought and I have gone down that road too. Once I started temping and using OPKs, I looked back on other months and thought "wow, since I was probably off completely with the timing should I even count them?" If I don't, then I wouldn't be on 7/7, it would be more like 3/3...

My FFFC is that I just don't understand this whole LuLaRoe phenomenon. I guess the patterns are just a little too much for my taste and seem kind of...juvenile maybe? I actually was looking at a recent sale a friend of mine posted thinking that I would order a dress or shirt or leggings if they had a solid cloth or toned down pattern cause I heard they were so comfortable...but $38 for a t-shirt, $35 leggings and $78 dresses just seem a bit much for online facebook sale clothes. I go to The Loft or Nordstroms and can get those staple pieces for the same or less.

• MRSCORKERMRSCORKER member
    edited January 2016

@MRSCORKER I did the same thing about a year ago and I felt actual anxiety over that relationship as if it were my own lol Also, (this could be a FFFC in itself) I feel like Rory's acting is so stiff and staged and awkward. I'm not sure if that was intentional, like for the character, but the way she would talk and give those terrible half hugs to people just seemed so fake haha

I don't have a problem with her acting, I just assumed those were character choices. I do have issues with the characters decisions. I understand that she's young and you make mistakes, lord knows I did, but damn... Logan? He's clearly an awful human being, MOVE ON. Also, don't sleep with married men, even if he did get married when he was 12 and it's obviously not going to work regardless. Just a good rule to live by. 
    I also have legit anxiety about Luke and Lorelai. This happens to me sometimes with shows/books. Usually it means the characters are well written and the actors have good chemistry or I just really identify with one of the characters on a very deep level. Work is seriously getting in the way of my binge watching abilities today! 

Edited for clarification

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @MRSCORKER   I loved Logan! I thought he was actually a really great guy toward the end of the show.
  • MRSCORKER said:

@MRSCORKER I did the same thing about a year ago and I felt actual anxiety over that relationship as if it were my own lol Also, (this could be a FFFC in itself) I feel like Rory's acting is so stiff and staged and awkward. I'm not sure if that was intentional, like for the character, but the way she would talk and give those terrible half hugs to people just seemed so fake haha

I don't have a problem with her acting, I just assumed those were character choices. I do have issues with the characters decisions. I understand that she's young and you make mistakes, lord knows I did, but damn... Logan? He's clearly an awful human being, MOVE ON. Also, don't sleep with married men, even if he did get married when he was 12 and it's obviously not going to work regardless. Just a good rule to live by. 
    I also have legit anxiety about Luke and Lorelai. This happens to me sometimes with shows/books. Usually it means the characters are well written and the actors have good chemistry or I just really identify with one of the characters on a very deep level. Work is seriously getting in the way of my binge watching abilities today! 

Edited for clarification

Seriously! And losing her virginity to the married man to boot! I'm definitely not perfect, but my first was not married haha Logan is a d-bag and so are his parents, if everyone treats you like crap, take a step back and stop being so eager to please! I definitely do the same thing with shows and books, I get attached to characters as if they are real and then I feel embarassed
  • MRSCORKERMRSCORKER member
    edited January 2016
    bcooke314 said:
    @MRSCORKER   I loved Logan! I thought he was actually a really great guy toward the end of the show.
    I haven't gotten that far yet. I'll hold off judgement until then :)

Edited for spelling.

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

Uh, I just told DH in no uncertain terms that I am watching the reboot, which means that he is too. 

I may or may not own all original seasons on DVD. Pretty much the best present DH ever got me...2nd to NKOTB tickets. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MRSCORKER I did the same thing about a year ago and I felt actual anxiety over that relationship as if it were my own lol Also, (this could be a FFFC in itself) I feel like Rory's acting is so stiff and staged and awkward. I'm not sure if that was intentional, like for the character, but the way she would talk and give those terrible half hugs to people just seemed so fake haha

@Paturkey I totally get that train of thought and I have gone down that road too. Once I started temping and using OPKs, I looked back on other months and thought "wow, since I was probably off completely with the timing should I even count them?" If I don't, then I wouldn't be on 7/7, it would be more like 3/3...

My FFFC is that I just don't understand this whole LuLaRoe phenomenon. I guess the patterns are just a little too much for my taste and seem kind of...juvenile maybe? I actually was looking at a recent sale a friend of mine posted thinking that I would order a dress or shirt or leggings if they had a solid cloth or toned down pattern cause I heard they were so comfortable...but $38 for a t-shirt, $35 leggings and $78 dresses just seem a bit much for online facebook sale clothes. I go to The Loft or Nordstroms and can get those staple pieces for the same or less.

<3 LLR. There are definitely some patterns that are tweenish, but some that are totally fun. Leggings with a tunic and boots is my jam. And don't knock the leggings til you try them. "Like butter" isn't an overstatement. Soooo comfy! I'm super frugal and still love LLR. And whatever consultant is selling leggings for $35 is a sham. Leggings were $22 before the new year and $25 now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • FFFC:  The only thing that makes me feel like I'm actually still actively TTGP is reading these boards.  I've been trying sooooooo long I'm pretty sure that we won't get pregnant without medical intervention, but aren't in a place to pay for that at this time.  

• Lulucooks said:
    FFFC:  The only thing that makes me feel like I'm actually still actively TTGP is reading these boards.  I've been trying sooooooo long I'm pretty sure that we won't get pregnant without medical intervention, but aren't in a place to pay for that at this time.  

*Creepy internet hugs*
    That must be incredibly frustrating. I sincerely hope you get a BFP soon and don't have to worry about medical intervention. I'm sorry you're in that position.

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• MRSCORKER said:
    Lulucooks said:
    FFFC:  The only thing that makes me feel like I'm actually still actively TTGP is reading these boards.  I've been trying sooooooo long I'm pretty sure that we won't get pregnant without medical intervention, but aren't in a place to pay for that at this time.  

*Creepy internet hugs*
    That must be incredibly frustrating. I sincerely hope you get a BFP soon and don't have to worry about medical intervention. I'm sorry you're in that position.
    Thanks ^_^ I didn't mean to be a downer, I reread my post and it does seem kinda pitiful of me.
    Fiance will be finished with school in a few years and then we can pay for all the injectables and x-rays and tests and whatever else may be needed that we want, lol.  Plus I'll be over the dreaded 35 so I'll be able to immediately be seen.  
    Silver linings I suppose.

• murray1030murray1030 member
    edited January 2016
    @Lulucooks I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how frustrating it all must be. And no, you're not being a Debbie-downer. You're venting to people who understand you. That's why I love this board so much. One day we can be hopeful, one day angry, one day devastated... And everyone will understand. I'm glad you can find some peace here. FX for good things to come!
    edited because I hate when people don't use the proper your, you're etc... And I totally did it.. Ugh