July 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC

13»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    ninji15 said:
    I HATE TAX TIME. I need to find someone to help with my taxes. Since I had a ton of changes this year, including buying a house. :( Idk where to go that won't charge me out the ass.
    We found a tax guy about ten years ago, and love him! Not only does he do our taxes, but he has met with us a couple of times (not during tax season), so we could pick his brain about different things we could do for better deductions and such. He is well worth the money that he makes off of us come tax time. Maybe ask around and see if anyone you know might know of someone they could recommend. I am constantly telling my parents that they would get so much more back (even after paying for the services), if they would give up using the computer program and use our tax guy...but they don't want to change a "good thing". I use to do mine online, until my husband and I started to get overwhelmed. We lived in one state, he worked in another, but we also had a home office (where he would telecommute), I had a separate business, we have a rental home and a home that we live in, we pay for health insurance completely out of pocket, and have tax deductible donations to factor in. It just got too confusing. With our tax guy, we scan everything through one of those Neato portable scanners, and email it to him, and he takes care of everything, sends us the results to look over, we check it over and send back any corrections we may have found (if any), and then he submits it. Previous to having him around, I would have looked at the rates and thought "there is no way I am paying someone a few hundred dollars when I can do it myself..." Now that we have him, and taxes have become no big deal, it is worth the money. Especially since he always gets back way more than I would have gotten back if I would have tried to do it myself. 
    @ninji15 We use TaxAct.com every year and I do our taxes for $15. Plus they offer direct deposit which is nice. We bought a house this past year too so I'm not sure how much more difficult it'll be, but I'll let you know how it goes if you want. We have tax documents from some complicated things like my student loans and DH's investments, but the software and documents always match up no problem. Check out a DIY option if you're trying to get taxes done cheaply. You can always call an accountant if you need one, but I think a lot of filing taxes seems more intimidating than it actually is.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My biggest cravings have been any type of spicy food (horrible since I get heartburn but whatever). This includes Chipotle...which I love. I have had so many people tell me I shouldn't get it anymore since all the E. Coli stuff happened, but if they want to get in the way of me with all my ragey hormones and my burrito bowl, that's their problem.
  • Options
    ninji15 said:
    I HATE TAX TIME. I need to find someone to help with my taxes. Since I had a ton of changes this year, including buying a house. :( Idk where to go that won't charge me out the ass.
    I do too. The IRS can find you when YOU owe; they ought to find you when THEY owe you! Like...what's the point of all these companies reporting their taxes and stuff to me and then me too?! Just give me money! Lol
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    We used my husbands IRA for our first home, hence the possible complication for taxes. I want to get them done correctly... But Idk where to go that won't charge us. Turbo tax is what we normally do but we make too much now for it to be free. Which sucks, we live paycheck to paycheck but whatever. Lol I plan to call around soon, its just so stressful IMO. 
  • Options
    @noelietrex please let me know how that goes? So far it sounds the most reasonable
  • Options
    Tax time is the worst! I started to do turbo tax, which I've done the past few years and loved. This year it says we owe a shit ton of money, but we have a lot of random things like selling 2 houses, buying a new one, and cashing out/taking loans on IRAs to pay for IVF. Needless to say, it's a cluster. I was thinking about taking everything to HR block to have them do it. If we really owe what turbo tax says, then we will definitely file an extension because we have to get ready for this baby, and the IRS can suck it. I missed one form several years back, and I don't understand how someone can fraud the IRS out of millions, yet they come after me for $1000. 
  • Options
    Complaining about taxes isn't really flame-free as we all agree that taxes suck. My big complaint about them is that when you're owed a lot of money, you don't get any extra interest, but when you owe THEM a lot of money, you have to pay a penalty (as we'll have to do this year :(  )
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    I hate tax and have literally never done them. My mom was an accountant when I lived at home she did them and my husband does them now (he has a good money sense).

my fffc is that I am really interested in placenta pills now... How much do they charge where you live? I ended up with really bad PPD and PPA after last kiddo and I am willing to try anything not to let that happen again.
  • Options
    @Puddles03 Around here it's about $150 for someone to come to your house the morning after the birth, dehydrate the placenta, and encapsulate it.

• Options
    My bad for starting a political issue I just don't like when people threaten to leave just because they don't like a candidate. 

Being a a moderate doesn't mean I'm not voting for a candidate  it just means I don't fully agree with either party so I go by the candidates. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options

Nerdchild said:
    @chanfa Lend me your bravery. I'm dreading the upcoming talk with my father-in-law where I explain that I don't want my child exposed to his racist/sexist/homophobic viewpoints. I still want him in this child's life, but I think he should be able to handle keeping certain things out of conversation/letting me as the parent answer whatever questions my kid has. All the dread. 
    @Nerdchild depending on what the comments are, you might be able to deal with it as it comes up, instead of having a specific conversation (if you prefer). I mostly really like my FIL, but he comes from a family with some backwards views. For example he recently started talking about how he "doesn't get the whole transgender thing,  like Bruce Jenner" and said it makes him uncomfortable. DD was in the room. I basically just shared my opinion back (that our comfort doesn't really matter, and that CAITLYN Jenner lived 60 years of her life feeling uncomfortable in her own skin and now she's finally authentically being herself, and that her gender identity has literally zero effect on any of us so why would it make anyone feel uncomfortable?) He kind of got sheepish and agreed and changed the subject. This is my go-to with him and his extended family. I was raised that it's ok to respectfully disagree and debate, even with my parents/elders, while in DH's family this isn't the norm. The tide is turning though and I've noticed DH is speaking up a lot more, as is one of his cousins, to call out offensive views. FIL's comments have really decreased - whether that's because I'm getting through to him, because he doesn't want to risk offending me, or because he just doesn't want to be called out, I'm not sure. 

I guess my point is that while I would prefer DD not be exposed to these comments in the first place, I also feel that her watching me and DH respectfully disagree and explain our viewpoint on a subject, and stand up for a person who is being discriminated against (even just an abstract "celebrity" we don't know) is also a good lesson for her to learn. I believe that my FIL's comments are based more in ignorance as opposed to outright hate. While both are wrong, I feel like DD seeing ignorance (and seeing it being called out and addressed) as a young child is one thing, seeing hate is another. If FIL was making hateful comments as opposed to ignorant ones, I would absolutely have the more difficult conversation about what was acceptable to say in front of my child if he wants a relationship with her.
    @DobbysSockI want to be you when I grow up. <3
  • Options
    quartz02 said:

BFF took my daughter on a date tonight, DH worked late, so I went "moms gone wild" and went to Wal-mart by myself, ate doritos and cheesecake for dinner, and watched Mean Girls for the first time :)

Annnnnnd? Thoughts?
  • Options
    My fffc. I like a lot of you but I think I'd only really be friends with about six of you IRL. You first, @ButterMyBiscuit
  • Options
    edited January 2016

@jlgriff11

Eta: y'all know I know how to gif..that's like my thing. TB is just glitch city.
  • Options
    You have the post the gif link in where you would post a picture where it says image url 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    jlgriff11jlgriff11 member
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    @jlgriff11 fixed that gif. ;)