July 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Options
    Had a real rough day yesterday. I have HG and was having one of those horrible mental breakdowns where I resented my babies and regretted getting pregnant at all. Called my doctor today and we're starting steroids again, so I'm hoping that I'll feel better soon and stop with the crazy thinking. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @noelietrex My husband loves his scale. I get it, he likes to see where he's at. I had one before we moved in together, but it was more likis now decorative trash can holder in my bathroom where I couldn't see it. I have OCD tendencies and can get scale obsessed like you said. When we moved in together I put the scale in the downstairs bath in its decorative trash can holder place. It found its way to our master bath. We had a discussion and we decided he can remove it from its trash can place when he wants to use it and then he has to put it back. I felt like it was a decent compromise. 
  • Options
    Had a real rough day yesterday. I have HG and was having one of those horrible mental breakdowns where I resented my babies and regretted getting pregnant at all. Called my doctor today and we're starting steroids again, so I'm hoping that I'll feel better soon and stop with the crazy thinking. 
    What steroids are you taking? I was always under the impression that steroids could negatively alter your mood, but I could be mistaken.
     I'm sorry you feel bad, HG is no joke! I understand it's hard not to regret doing this at all when you feel so crappy. Hopefully you can get some respite soon!
  • Options
    shanparadiseshanparadise member
    edited January 2016
    @kcossey528 Ugh everything. Zofran, Phenergan, Reglan, and Diclegis. I've heard that the Reglan can cause depression, but at this point I need it to keep food in me. They keep telling me "a few more weeks, a few more weeks". I'm starting to think I might be in it for the long haul. 

ETA: the steroid they give me is methylprednisolone which is apparently given to chemo patients as well. 
  • Options
    Taymiller said:
    Y0urm0m said:
    Taymiller said:
    Nerdchild said:
    @chanfa Lend me your bravery. I'm dreading the upcoming talk with my father-in-law where I explain that I don't want my child exposed to his racist/sexist/homophobic viewpoints. I still want him in this child's life, but I think he should be able to handle keeping certain things out of conversation/letting me as the parent answer whatever questions my kid has. All the dread. 
    I struggle with this too. How do you teach your kid that what grandpa says is not true and that he is actually an ass? Dh
    You have your DH tell them they are not allowed to speak hatred in front of your children. It really is that simple. They disobey and you put them on time out and take time away from them until they are ready to be mature adults. I put MIL on an indefinite time out over a year ago because I will not allow my son  to see his mother disrespected. Best thing I ever did, my life is so peaceful now.
    It is always a battle and I am always the bad guy. dh never sticks up for me, it drives me crazy. FIL is here for a week next week, pray for me.
    I'll be praying for you and that your DH grows a pair.

Just remember the true saying of "blood is thicker than water" is "the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb"

Pm if you need advice on how to get your husband to become your #1 advocate. I was there over 5 years ago and it took a lot of reprogramming him on his part.
  • Options
    @Y0urm0m and @DobbysSock I like what both of you said. I will definitely be able to handle the conversations as they come up (and if FIL pushes it I can always remove myself and the kiddo from the situation), and a time out period sounds like a great way to drive the point home. I don't know how my husband would be able to approach the subject with his dad, but he also knows how to stroke his dad's ego in such a way that it will sound better coming from him. 
  • Options
    Y0urm0m said:

jlgriff11 said:
    I am a socially liberal republican voting for Bernie in a house full of conservative republicans. Not that it's anybody's business, but since we're sharing. 

Imagine how hard it is to be a social liberal republican. It's hard, man.

I'm feelin' the BERN!
    With the hemorrhoids post, that comment made my day so much better.
    i also felt it was appropriate for FFFC
  • Options
    I have just been reading through and I love you people.

I'm not sure I have anything good to confess. I'm boring. But also... Obama isn't black. His ass is mixed. Like me. And that's all I have to say about politics. 
  • Options
    joleri23joleri23 member
    edited January 2016
    jlgriff11 said:
    I am a socially liberal republican voting for Bernie in a house full of conservative republicans. Not that it's anybody's business, but since we're sharing. 

*gasp* I thought I was the only one!!!! Wow, I can't believe there are people like me out there! Totally feelin' the Bern!

Can you imagine what it was like for me to go to art school? *shudder*

Also, for the first time since I turned 18, I'm considering changing my political party. I'm just so disgusted that people seem to take Trump seriously.

ETA: I mean that republicans are actually digging Trump and considering him a serious candidate. I just can't deal.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    @benten24 my last pregnancy, I was snoring way worse than usual and taking up so much room in the bed between me, my belly, my pillows, and my kitty who likes to sleep up by my face. DH often went and slept in the spare bed, and I loved having the bed to myself.

This actually made me think of a confession - a couple times during my last  pregnancy when I heard DH coming up to bed if I had gone to bed earlier than him, and I was really comfortable spread out over the entire bed and didn't want to share, I pretended to be asleep and snoring so he'd go to the spare bed. Awful, I know. Normally I like sharing a bed with him, but when I'm heavily pregnant I need to stretch out.
  • Options
    @thebigoaktree if you like the hemorrhoid thread, there is one on the 2nd tri board about "lightning crotch". I didn't know that was a thing, but it kind of sounds like a kinky superhero. 

Our only priority this election is who isn't going to revoke my husband's DACA, and deport him back to Mexico. It's not his fault his parents didn't tell him he wasn't born here until he was 18 and went to get his first job. "Oh, son, btw...."
    I had a shooting pain in my nipple the other day, I highly recommend that over a cup of coffee. Wake you right up at work.

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @betheliz and @Y0urm0m I feel like this only gets worse as pregnancy progresses. I swear I don't eat like a slob normally, but somehow the bigger my belly got, the more food I would drop down or on my shirt/chest/belly.
  • Options
    @noelietrex I blame everything on my dogs. They "pee" on a lot. But I always say I must have forgotten to let them out to bring it back to myself. Does your DH look into things? I would totally tell my DH that there is some reason it is bad for pregnancy. I would make something up about Mercury or something and he would totally go for it. I love my DH but for some reason he believes what I say. Bless his heart. 
  • Options
    MamaBish said:
    @thebigoaktree if you like the hemorrhoid thread, there is one on the 2nd tri board about "lightning crotch". I didn't know that was a thing, but it kind of sounds like a kinky superhero. 
    Lightning crotch is real and sucks!! Makes you look like a crazy person when it happens in front of people, lol
    Agreed! I've had this one since 8 weeks. It's horrible ! 
  • Options
    Jodi1980Jodi1980 member
    edited January 2016
    FFFC:  Ignorant lady I work with. She will cough in my direction without regard for my space, touch everything in and around my desk. She makes these annoying popping sounds with her mouth all the f'in time! IT IS GETTING ON MY NERVES TO SAY THE LEAST...CAN'T YOU TELL! TGIF

jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ncm1919ncm1919 member
    edited January 2016
    jlgriff11 said:

I'm intrigued by this. I get being socially liberal and republican but I'm struggling with how a republican could get behind the sort of spending Bernie wants to do. I've always heard people say they are socially liberal and fiscally conservative, which is a far cry from Bernie. 
  • Options
    Y0urm0m said:
    betheliz said:
    Every time I think I have itchy nipples as a pregnancy symptom, it turns out that pringles crumbs are stuck in my bra.   
    Heh I've done that before too. Wait till you start crying when you get crumbs in your newborns eye while breastfeeding.
    So sad, yet so true. 
  • Options
    I confess... I juuuust mentioned coming up with a birth plan to DH last night for the first time.

And he literally said, 'Why do we need a plan? Aren't we just going to go to the hospital and the baby will come out? Why don't you want to get an epidural? Why do we need to go on a tour of the hospital? Can't you just ask the doctor what will happen?'. 

Most of the time I feel like he's super supportive, but man did I feel alone last night. I don't want to do ALL the research by myself and make ALL the decisions alone! 
  • Options
    My confession is that I don't ask MH for input on anything baby related. He is very indecisive and cannot make a decision worth poo. I mean, we were the ones that walked into the hospital with almost 20 names last time, because he couldn't make a decision past making his own list of Top 5 girl names and Top 5 boy names. Asking for his input, means that my stress will go from maaaaaybe a 2, to an 8 or 9. His job is to get me pregnant, be there for the labor/delivery, and help raise the kid. Anything between the sex to get pregnant, and labor/delivery, I just take care of myself. 
    edited January 2016
    I work in a nursing home was asked to work on my day off, I told them I was super sick (they're really strict on being sick around the residents) They're days off for a reason so I really don't care about not going in! They can try the guilt trip another day! :wink:

Edit: I love TB for all the great information and their week by week updates, I wish all the apps which are used here in Ireland were better! They really could use a loooooot of work! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    I HATE TAX TIME. I need to find someone to help with my taxes. Since I had a ton of changes this year, including buying a house. :( Idk where to go that won't charge me out the ass.
  • Options
    ninji15 said:
    I HATE TAX TIME. I need to find someone to help with my taxes. Since I had a ton of changes this year, including buying a house. :( Idk where to go that won't charge me out the ass.
    Did you change something super complicated? With programs like turbotax online now it's pretty easy, they ask you hundreds of 'did you...' questions. Whatever you do, don't go to one of those places that hires a bunch of unqualified temps that really have no tax experience. They are just reading off the same list all the e-filing programs use! 
  • Options
    i am a raging driver today. People are  idiots. Not a single car goes the speed limit on a certain road in town. And people of Walmart, unless you are disabled, you do no need to hold up 5 cars behind you to wait for someone to load their groceries an back out of a front row spot. I wanted to ram a car. 
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I love my nurseries. For both girls, putting together their nurseries was one of my favorite parts of pregnancy. Even after they are born, sitting with them in their room is so calming and enjoyable. I can't imagine having the space, but just not wanting, to create a place for this new person. I feel like my bedroom is for me and dh and the nursery is for the baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ninji15 said:
    I did mine last year at H&R block, federal and two states for $100.  There are lots of coupons available online for them too.  It was the first time I went to an actual place, and I liked it a lot.  You can call them too and get an idea of what they will charge before you go too.
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker