Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Monday

Re: WTO Monday

• Options
    @MamaMunn @houseofsetters @Paturkey  Thank you all for your input! I will absolutely call my OB if i go a couple more days, just in case she is booked out 2 weeks! 
    TTC #1 - December 2015
    Me:31 H:31
    DX: MFI - 1% Morph 
    12/16 -IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol w/ Lupron trigger
    ER - 11 retrieved- 9 mature - 7 fertilized - 3 sent for PGS on day 5 - No normals (1 XXX Embryo - may use in future)
    3/17 - IVF #2 - Antagonist Protocol w/ HCG trigger
    ER- 13 retrieved - 11 mature - 8 fertilized - 2 sent for PGS on day 5 -2 Normal
    FET #1 - 5/16/17 - BFP! - Beta #1 5/25 - 156 - Beta #2 5/30 - 2562 - Beta #3 6/1 - 5191!

• Options
    @Kate08Young I'm so sorry about your grandfather.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Kate08Young I'm so sorry about your grandfather.
    Thank you. Its ok right now, but when we have the funeral I'll probably lose it. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    Rant: My grandfather passed yesterday. While it is hard to think about him not being here, I feel terribly callous about being happy about it. He had dementia really bad for years, and was constantly asking to go so he could be with his parents/siblings/children who are all gone. But, at least he got to meet his Great Grandson before he went.
    So sorry for your loss! My grandpa passed away in August of 2014. It was the same story, he had dementia (and Parkinson's) really bad and just wasn't himself anymore. You don't sound callous. It's very difficult to see a loved one that way for so long.

Thinking of you and your family. Sending lots of healing, positive vibes (and prayers of peace) your way. ((hugs))
  • Options
    @Kate08Young So sorry for your loss :( We loss my grandfather a year ago, same situation. :smile: He lived for almost 8 years with Alzheimer's and it was just torture to see him become so confused and sad. He was such a strong man and that is how I choose to remember him. At least they are in a better place now with their mind at ease. You are definitely not callous , that is exactly how I felt in the end.... Also thank you for taking time to answer my question, especially with something like that weighing on you.
    TTC #1 - December 2015
    Me:31 H:31
    DX: MFI - 1% Morph 
    12/16 -IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol w/ Lupron trigger
    ER - 11 retrieved- 9 mature - 7 fertilized - 3 sent for PGS on day 5 - No normals (1 XXX Embryo - may use in future)
    3/17 - IVF #2 - Antagonist Protocol w/ HCG trigger
    ER- 13 retrieved - 11 mature - 8 fertilized - 2 sent for PGS on day 5 -2 Normal
    FET #1 - 5/16/17 - BFP! - Beta #1 5/25 - 156 - Beta #2 5/30 - 2562 - Beta #3 6/1 - 5191!

• Options
    ***TW: Baby mentioned (not mine)***

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: PNV, exercise, eating healthy, preseed, BD EOD and soon ED during FW.

R/R/CS: I am an aunt again! My SIL gave birth to a healthy baby boy this morning. I am super happy for her, and a little relieved for myself. MIL really wanted a grandson, so now she has one. I am hoping this means that she will stop asking DH and I when we will be having a baby...as if I'm not under enough pressure from myself already. The interesting part of this story is that SIL's water broke at 9:30pm last night. This is her 3rd baby. She decided to WAIT before she went to the birthing center. I'm under the impression that, if your water breaks, it's go time. You head to the hospital or birthing center or whatever IMMEDIATELY, especially if this isn't your first child. She ended up giving birth to the baby in the car, while her husband was driving to the birthing center! Thankfully both mom and baby are doing well. I can't wait to leave to go get my baby fix!

I think my cycles have a pattern. I was looking back at past charts and noticed that I go from a relatively short cycle (around 30 days), to a medium cycle (around 37 days), to a longer cycle (around 45-ish days). I'm hoping this insight can help me get KTFU this cycle. DH and I have started the BDing a little bit early this cycle in hopes that we don't miss it. Anyone else notice weird things like that? No? Just me? Okay... :frowning: 

GTKY: what is your alcoholic drink of choice? Wine. All of the wine. If I get a choice, I'd rather have a nice glass of moscato, but if that doesn't happen, I love some Cabernet. If I can't have the wine, I just recently discovered an appreciation for Moscow Mules.
  • Options
    @Kate08Young so sorry for your loss ❤️

@BusinessWife You're GTKY got me... Allergic? To ETOH in general??
  • Options
    @Kate08Young, so very sorry for your loss.

@BerkeBaby, congrats to you and your family. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 2

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: I didn't ovulate last cycle. It was 51 days long. I was NOT expecting to get AF. I have gone months and months without it and I just went off of birth control. I go in tomorrow to talk to my gynecologist about getting me to ovulate.

R/R/CS: I am very happy I'm bleeding, even though it's anovulatory bleeding. I don't know why, but there it is.

GTKY: It's whimpy, but I love to make myself a Sea breeze. I put a couple maraschino cherries in there and add a splash of the juice from the jar. I also tend to put a tad more cranberry juice than grapefruit juice. But I can take it straight the way it's supposed to made, too. I looooooooooove it.
    Husband & I married May 26th, 2012
    Me 28 Him 28
    TTC #1 since January 1st 2016
    Anovulatory with PCOS
    Clomid 50;100;150;200: No O
    TSH 3.75 Put on 50mg levothyroxine
    1500 MG Metformin
    7.5 MG Letrozole: No Follicles
    9 MG Letrozole: 21mm Follicle no pregnancy
    4 cycles at 9 MG Letrozole, No pregnancy

• Options
    @whiska I loled at your husband recoiling in fear, cos you are totally describing life in our house last cycle, too.  So we're in the same boat... haven't HIO yet, and I basically explained the same thing to DH this morning.  Not sure how much I trust the OPK's alone, or if we will actually wait till one turns positive or not, but starting the EOD or ED too soon gets old...
  • Options
    Thanks @whiska. I just spent my lunch break in a bad Google rabbit hole and it's really nice to hear rational opinions on this.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Month/Cycle: 10/6

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU:  Clomid round 3, opks, temping

R/R/CS:  I love my OBGYN, but it's soooo freaking hard to get anyone on the phone at her office.  I'm supposed to start clomid again today, but someone has to call it in first!  And they won't call me back!  Gahhh.

GTKY: what is your alcoholic drink of choice?  Anything but beer.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 13/9... 3/3 TTCAL

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: Starting OPKs and SMEP* today. Charting, temping, checking cm/cervix, PNVs.

R/R/CS: *I'd been planning on using SMEP plan this month. I talked to DH about it in advance and he agreed. Yesterday he asked me when we're starting the "sex marathon." So I told him I thought we'd start SMEP today to which he responds: "....why can't we just have sex everyday? :| " So we're either doing the SMEP plan or sex ED.

GTKY: what is your alcoholic drink of choice? Back before Interstitial Cystitis when I could actually drink I loved sweet wines, hard lemonade, Sex on the Beach and Alabama Slammers. In no particular order.

Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 5/5 (1 NTNP, 3 TTCAL)

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Nada

R/R/CS: We're TTA this cycle but I'm still charting and everything. I had very obvious EWCM today but it's just so early. I usually don't O until CD 15/16, I can't imagine I would O so much earlier. We haven't been using protection since I figured I wouldn't be fertile until next week so we'll see. I know you can have fertile CM at any point but usually I have nothing until my FW and then see some fertile CM during LP. Never this early before O. Bodies are weird.

GTKY: what is your alcoholic drink of choice?
    Dry wine. I don't like sweet drinks and that includes fruity, frozen, island type cocktails. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    This may belong in Monday bitchfest, but just remembered when I woke up today my cat was laying against me. I was so excited when people thought maybe I O'd but now I'm second guessing again.
  • Options
    This may belong in Monday bitchfest, but just remembered when I woke up today my cat was laying against me. I was so excited when people thought maybe I O'd but now I'm second guessing again.
    I don't see how that would mean you O'd. My cat is laying against me every morning...
  • Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited January 2016
     @bcooke314 I have no idea if I O'd. I had posted a question about it earlier, and several people thought based on my chart and temp spike this AM that it may have happened yesterday. But then I just remembered that when I woke up, my cat (who is like a little furnace) was sleeping up against me, and she normally does not. So I'm wondering if that caused the higher temp, not the fact that I may or may not have O'd.
    edit: tried to fix quote box but failed
  • Options
    @JamieK1882   Oooookay, that makes a lot more sense
  • Options
    @bcooke314 yeah I typed the first one on my cell while walking, so it was brief and didn't give much of an explanation. I can def see why that caused confusion! lol :)
  • Options
    Welcome @Kristen627!
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: PNV, Regular HIO

R/R/CS: I’m currently in my fertile week of my first month TTC after being ready to try for the last 4 years.  I’m basically just spinning around in my chair at work smiling like a loon, in way too good a mood for Monday morning.

GTKY: what is your alcoholic drink of choice?  Old fashioned!  Otherwise an IPA.  Or really anything that’s available.  I’m not picky.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 1 :/

WAYDTGKU: right now, I'm trying to not drive the hubster away with inappropriate emotional outbursts.

R/R/CS: zero pms symptoms in my luteal phase this month, which is suuuuper weird. The past four months coming off of bc have been hell. Bloating to the point I can't wear pants. The crying. The nausea. I definitely got my hopes up with the lack of symptoms this month, since it was so far from my norm, but it's not to be. And today I'm a raging, emotional mess! Yay Monday!

GTKY: Moscow mule! Or good vodka and a bit of club soda. I think I'll have a Moscow mule or three for dinner. CD 1, dammit.
    Me - 30  DH - 36
    Married 10/12/13
    TTC #1 since 10/15
    Chart!
  • Options
    So sorry to post and run .  .  . work is crazy today but I will try to come back to respond to everybody if time allows.

Month/Cycle: 6/6 (1/1 TTCAL)

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, CM, OPK, HIO, etc.

R/R/CS:  Chart is looking pretty so far .  .  . cautiously optimistic that the new BBT will allow me to see a clear temp shift this cycle.  Negative CBAD OPK this morning and no CM yet but hoping my FW will start up later this week and this won't be a super wonky cycle like the last one.

GTKY: what is your alcoholic drink of choice?  I'm a cocktail girl.  A good craft cocktail made with gin, rum or vodka and fresh mixers .  .  . heaven.  At home I will do a rum/flavored vodka and diet if we don't have more exciting mixers in the house.  I also appreciate a good glass of wine but for "drinking" (as opposed to some wine with dinner or at the end of the day to relax), I'm a hard liquor kind of girl.  Not a fan of beer at all -- I don't like the taste and I cannot drink it quickly enough to get me buzzed, so there is literally no point to it for me.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • Options
    ShinyPenny82ShinyPenny82 member
    edited January 2016
    @whiska ,@Paturkey, @MamaMunn thanks for the insight ladies! It makes me feel a little better...it was a rough start to the morning that got progressively worse. I had intended on trying to add my chart earlier than now but the shit hit the fan at work, and well....

Let's see if this works...

Me: 34, DH: 32
    Married: October 2011
    TTC #1: June 2015
  • Options
    @Kate08Young I'm very sorry for your loss

Month/Cycle: 4/5 (9/11)

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: pnv, temp and chart, cm, eod

R/R/CS: my phone came off the charger last night so my four alarms never went off since my phone died. So, I didn't temp today and I was 30 minites late for work.

GTKY: what is your alcoholic drink of choice?
    I love Moscow mules. They have gotten really popular around here lately, but my BIL got me started on them years ago. I really enjoy a good ginger anything.
  • Options
    Cycle / Month: 4 / 5

CD: 4

R/R/CS: Last cycle was a disaster.  I am glad AF finally came after my longest luteal phase, and I am glad AF is almost gone.  This cycle will involve way more OPKs, regardless of how long it turns out to be.

Also, I was lurking last week and saw reference to The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant.  I checked it out and just finished reading it.  I definitely recommend it to anyone battling anxiety or depression.  You may know most of her recommendations, but it is nice to hear from someone who has been there.

I spoke with someone from my employer's Employee Assistance Program about my recent despair and am really glad I did.  I am now trying to find a regular therapist.  It *will* get better!

My single sister with a newborn who I am having some major jealousy issues with announced she is coming to visit for a few days.  After sobbing to my mother and telling her how depressed I have been for the first time, I think I will tell my sister to find a hotel.  I *cannot* deal with a newborn in my house round the clock, especially if the mother is as clueless as my sister is.  Nope.

GTKY: I don't drink.  Sorry.  :\
  • Options
    MrsDho11 said:

@atcwag - sometimes temps are off.  Forest, not trees.  FX for a reasonable temp tomorrow.

Will a high temp close to anticipated O date (probably -4 or -5 from O based purely on non-temping O signs from previous cycles) mess with calculating O? I guess the best plan is to see what my temps look like the next few days and then discard that temp if it's really wonky?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsDho11 - thanks for the reassurance! This is only my 3rd cycle temping and I hadn't seen anything like that before. I have a feeling this cycle is just going to be off since I'm seriously thinking that I have a sinus infection.

Me: 34, DH: 32
    Married: October 2011
    TTC #1: June 2015
  • Options
    @JamieK1882 I think you need to remember forest not trees. Wait a couple more days and see what your temps do.

@mchrisgarcia Yes I think drinking made your temp spike.

@difazette911 I would leave the temp. It shouldn't mess up CH. Later on when you are further in your cycle you could choose to discard it.

@zoey1019 Yes 60+ days with no AF and no BFP is reason to call your doctor.

@Ash9614 sorry about your PCOS. Sounds like you have the right doctor now though.

@kate08young sorry about your grandfather

Month/Cycle: 5/6 (2/3 TTCAL)

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: waiting for AF to leave

R/R/CS: nothing here yet, jut bummed still. I may lurk instead of post the next couple of days. We will see.

GTKY: Bloody Mary
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 12/1TTCAL

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU:AF has left the building!! PNVs, BBT, CM, CP, OPKs, HIO, etc

R/R/CS: Rave: My sister sent me a "thinking of you" card. We aren't close at all so that really meant a lot to me.
    *Question* For those of you who experienced a loss: Should I start OPKs early than I used to? I heard MCs can change your cycle. Prior to my MC I O'd around CD 14, I usually started OPKs around day 10. I don't want to miss my peak day but don't want to waste a bunch of tests either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

GTKY: what is your alcoholic drink of choice? Pink Moscato

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 11/13

CD:2

WAYDTGKU: waiting out AF and CD3 bloodwork tomorrow

R/R/CS: AF

GTKY: what is your alcoholic drink of choice?  rum and coke
  • Options
    @nooniesinlove Sending you hugs and a hope for peace.  Way to go seeking out help.  I have considered doing the same, because feeling like a failure at ttc can seriously magnify any other feelings of despair or inadequacy in your life.  
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    edited January 2016
    ***CS appreciated***

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD:14

WAYDTGKU: HIO, preseed, temping, CM/CP

R/R/CS: So, I got dashed CH today, super unexpectedly. I feel like it's a fluke though, because my CM/CP are fertile today, but weren't on the O day they gave me. Also, my OPK yesterday evening was almost exactly as dark as the control, maybe a tiiiiiny bit lighter. My darkest OPK last month didn't turn that dark, and I still O'd the next day. If I put last night's OPK as postitive, it takes the CH away. So does it look like FF is wrong, or am I just wanting it to be wrong because our timing would be awful? TIA!

Edit to fix my chart. Thanks @bcooke314

GTKY: If it's a weeknight and I just want a drink or two, I'll have some Moscato. When I'm getting my drink on, I mostly drink beer or rum
    TTGP February Sig Challenge- Valentine's Day Fail:

Me: 25 - DH: 30
    Dating: 5/9/2010
    Married: 5/9/2015
    TTC #1: October 2015

• Options
    **question** I've seen a bunch of ladies in the past few weeks mentioning drinking possibly affecting temps. Anyone with insight on that? Is it 1 drink, or quite a few that will impact BBT?

Disclaimer - I'm not a drunk, just have a toddler with a case of the terrible twos and becoming a threenanger all at the same time.
  • Options

**question** I've seen a bunch of ladies in the past few weeks mentioning drinking possibly affecting temps. Anyone with insight on that? Is it 1 drink, or quite a few that will impact BBT?

Disclaimer - I'm not a drunk, just have a toddler with a case of the terrible twos and becoming a threenanger all at the same time.

Seems like it's one of those things that varies person to person. It only affects my temps if I drank a LOT.
  • Options
    @LadyMillil I was supposed to have CD3 testing this cycle too, but a snowstorm closed down the city pretty much, and closed the lab. UGHHH... so now I'm waiting another cycle. I hope everything comes back great for you!

Month/Cycle: 11

CD:6

WAYDTGKU: Waiting out AF, almost over I think

R/R/CS: I have a rant about this damn Zika virus, even though I feel like I talk about it daily. We decided last night that it just wasn't worth TTA for 3-4 cycles to go on our trip to the Caribbean (maybe it would be ok to TTA if we weren't already at cycle 11), so I spent today canceling the trip and losing money left and right for a trip that I would have LOVED to go on. 

GTKY: what is your alcoholic drink of choice?  WINE!! Mainly Chardonnay. 
    Married 2011
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Fur child: One awesome Golden Retriever
    IUI August 2016  : Cancelled due to polyp
    September 2016: Polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    October 2016: IUI #1- BFN
    November 2016: IUI #2- BFN
    December 2016: IUI #3 - BFN
    January/February 2017 - IVF + ICSI + PGD
    March 2017 - FET

• Options
    @GreatGigInTheWomb   Your chart isn't showing up correctly - it's actually showing the chart of whoever is looking at it (meaning I see my own chart instead of yours)