April 2016 Moms

Third tri symptoms thread

Re: Third tri symptoms thread

• This is TMI but I don't know what to do. I've had horrible diarrhea for a while now and I have very frequent BM. I thought it got better when I ate more fibers but it's back again. I eat rye bread and oatmeal almost every day so I get plenty of fibers. What the hell could this be? 
    This has been happening to me for about a week. I've been completely constipated all pregnancy and now this is happening. I did let my doctor know and she didn't seem concerned. 
  • Anyone ever hear like a small popping noise from within your bump. I'll be laying down and LO moving and I'll hear a random pop but almost like when someone cracks a finger. It doesn't hurt but I've heard it randomly a few times.
    I've heard this before and it scares the crap out of me. I've never googled it but now I feel inclined...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • redselig said:
    Anyone ever hear like a small popping noise from within your bump. I'll be laying down and LO moving and I'll hear a random pop but almost like when someone cracks a finger. It doesn't hurt but I've heard it randomly a few times.
    I've heard this before and it scares the crap out of me. I've never googled it but now I feel inclined...
    I don't want to scare myself with dr Google lol I'll ask my doc tomorrow but it's weird
  • I just had this happen to me for almost 2 weeks straight. I was in the bathroom every half hour, no matter what I ate. It was hell. 

I even went to the ER because I was freaked out. They gave me an iv and said it was probably "viral", and sent me home. They weren't much help.

Neither was my midwife. She just said my insides were either smooshed, or it was viral and to ride it out. Gee, thanks.

They couldn't do anything to help me. 

I started taking probiotics ("Fem Dophilus", and "Garden of Life Probiotics", my GD nutritionist recommended), eating apple sauce, Cheerios with almond milk, lots of plain Greek yogurt w/some honey, and taking Imodium. I haven't had an issue since last Sunday night.  

Hope that helps you. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• redselig said:
    Anyone ever hear like a small popping noise from within your bump. I'll be laying down and LO moving and I'll hear a random pop but almost like when someone cracks a finger. It doesn't hurt but I've heard it randomly a few times.
    I've had this too. I pop my knuckles and feet all the time, and wonder if baby is doing the same?  I called my hubby freaking out about it, but bub has been active and done well at all appointments.  
  • Ok... here's one. I have been feeling tired and exhausted for two weeks. I am now 38.5 weeks. Yesterday I had amazing energy pretty much all day. Today I'm not as energetic as yesterday, but not at all tired and exhausted. I've been having crazing strong and REALLY long braxton hicks since week 23 and now today, short, weak and really nothing braxton hicks. I'm getting so confused. Right when I get used to something, it changes! Lol... Just curious if any other "great contractors" are feeling less BH's now.
  • WiseUsagi said:
    This is TMI but I don't know what to do. I've had horrible diarrhea for a while now and I have very frequent BM. I thought it got better when I ate more fibers but it's back again. I eat rye bread and oatmeal almost every day so I get plenty of fibers. What the hell could this be? 
    This has been happening to me for about a week. I've been completely constipated all pregnancy and now this is happening. I did let my doctor know and she didn't seem concerned. 
    Same. I don't have diarrhea though, just frequent BMs with sometimes mild or no cramping. I feel like I can feel my intestines all squished when I go.  I told my midwife and she just said, yup, just keep up with your water intake. She wasn't concerned either.

Also keep in mind that unless you had a pre-existing bowel condition, it typically takes 24 hours for food to move through your digestive system overall. So thinking about what you ate 24 hours before when you have a weird BM will be the best indication if it's a food thing. 
  • @elasticheart13 I've been having the opposite problem since I got pain meds. Those combined with the iron supplements that they want me to take have completely stopped my diarrhea and frequent bowel movements. The lack of pooping was making me nervous. Thang goodness I finally I had a BM today.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• fourtsixand2fourtsixand2 member
    edited March 2016
    This is TMI but I don't know what to do. I've had horrible diarrhea for a while now and I have very frequent BM. I thought it got better when I ate more fibers but it's back again. I eat rye bread and oatmeal almost every day so I get plenty of fibers. What the hell could this be? 
    I've heard diarrhea is a sign baby is on its way soon....
    During the early part of labor, your body begins to release prostaglandins, a group of hormonelike substances that cause the uterus to contract and help soften and dilate the cervix. But prostaglandins can also hyperstimulate the bowels, causing frequent stools or even diarrhea.
    Baby may be making its way before you know it!!! :-)
  • jmoew1 said:
    redselig said:
    I've had this too. I pop my knuckles and feet all the time, and wonder if baby is doing the same?  I called my hubby freaking out about it, but bub has been active and done well at all appointments.  
    Googled it and looks like it can be normal

https://trimestertalk.com/hear-popping-clicking-baby-moves/
  • @elasticheart13 does it correlate at all with your cholecystectomy? If so, it may be diet related but I'm sure you've been educated to death on what to eat and what to avoid. I've noticed that I'm going a lot more often and it's more soft than usual, though even before pregnancy I had maybe 2 small movements in a week. So long story short, it may be your pregnant normal or it may be something, but I'd definitely ask your midwife at your next appointment since its accompanied by pain. 
  • I had the diarrhoea thing too, i got dehydrated and it started contractions. Just drink heaps! If water doesn't do it for you then even a sweet drink will get you hydrated and up your sugar levels. for me it's also stress related! pamper yourself if u can :)
  • Can't elevate my legs without major lighting crotch! Ugh!
  • Re lightening crotch...
    so I talked to my doctor about it at my appointment Tuesday. She said increasing water intake will help because it creates buoyancy.     Giving it s shot. So far it's been better
  • My feet have been too swollen for anything but my sandals for at least 5 days now :( I asked my doctor if constant swelling was normal, she said since everything else on my chart is normal, that we'd just keep an eye on it. This sucks 
  • Y'all, my feet are.......huge. Like, look freaky. 
  • I AM DROOLING SO MUCH. In my sleep. Like crazy amounts. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bunnywahl said:
    I AM DROOLING SO MUCH. In my sleep. Like crazy amounts. 
    Me too! I wake up with my face covered in drool, so I'm thirsty from the dryness, then I drink a ton of water, then I wake up to pee... It's an ongoing problem!
  • emgee27 said:
    bunnywahl said:
    I AM DROOLING SO MUCH. In my sleep. Like crazy amounts. 
    Me too! I wake up with my face covered in drool, so I'm thirsty from the dryness, then I drink a ton of water, then I wake up to pee... It's an ongoing problem!
    Ditto to all of the above! 

Also, current state of feet:

Both of these! My feet swelling went down for a couple of days and I actually saw my ankles, then yesterday during the middle of the night I woke up all puffy and swollen again. 

And as as far as drinking, I'm drinking a quart of water (Poland springs bottle I keep refilling) each night and drink water throughout the day. I have no idea why I'm so dehydrated all the time. I'm tempted to ask my dr to hook me up to an IV for fluids bc this is just ridiculous.
  • Baby is moving like crazy! I'm 38 weeks with a relatively small bump. I'm sooo tight all the time! Lots of BH So I'm feeling every nudge and movement. Now I have a nasty cold and feeling very sorry for myself! At least we're in the same boat and can sympathize with each other!
  • My boobs are killing me again. It seems they grew in the first trimester after a ton of pain, then stopped and didn't hurt one bit, and now have gone through a few intervals where pain has equaled growth every few weeks in the third trimester. They hurt in almost every position. They hurt to leave loose with no bra, they hurt with a sports bra... Stupid stupid boobs.
  • @Missingchampagne I am right there with you.  Unfortunately this is not the last of the growing for them either. Hang in there
  • wildtotwildtot member
    edited March 2016
    Anyone get an itch all of a sudden? Last night out of nowhere I started getting really itchy. Mostly my legs and arms. Lotion helps for a bit. Didn't notice much when I fell asleep but now that I'm awake in the middle of the night it started up again. No rash from what I can tell. And yes I did shower yesterday :) 
  • kimey1kimey1 member
    edited March 2016
    @Knottie2891384 LOL me too. I started itching all of a sudden before bed and was putting mama bee cream all over. And yes i took a shower yesterday too. I just showered and put on a dollop of cream spread it everywhere as usual!
  • Anyone get an itch all of a sudden? Last night out of nowhere I started getting really itchy. Mostly my legs and arms. Lotion helps for a bit. Didn't notice much when I fell asleep but now that I'm awake in the middle of the night it started up again. No rash from what I can tell. And yes I did shower yesterday :) 
    I've read the itchiness is usually from increased blood flow, if it feels like an under-the-skin itchiness instead of a surface rash like itch. Massage can help. 
  • Itching has gone down. Extra blood flow could explain my legs. They were super red when I got up last night. Elevating and extra lotion helped. I think LO is going through another growth spurt too. Don't google itching during third tri! 

Thanks ladies!
  • Yeah my lower stomach gets itchy! 
  • I've had horrible nasal congestion since week 8 that I've been battling through but OMG these last few days it seems to have increased by like 20x. My doctor promises me it will clear up within hours after delivery but I just can't wait. I am soooo miserable! 
  • @WiseUsagi  I've had nasalcongestion ssince week 6, its been beyond awful! I've also noticed the past week or so its gotten really bad and none of my regular  remedies are helping, not even Afrin. I finally broke down and had DH stop by the pharmacy today and get me some claritin-D. My Dr said not to take allergy meds with the decongestant in it, but they said sudafed was fine. And its the same active ingredient in sudafed that's in claritin-D. I have definitely noticed a difference today since I took it! 
    I'm swelling up everyday now, my feet, ankles and legs. Its awful, and omg  im so hot all the time! I'm at work now where its about 68 degrees in the lab, and I'm sweating to death. I keep it so cold in my house, my poor DH stays bundled up. I'm so ready to be done!!! Not looking forward to the PP night sweats!
  • loveymay said:
    @WiseUsagi  I've had nasalcongestion ssince week 6, its been beyond awful! I've also noticed the past week or so its gotten really bad and none of my regular  remedies are helping, not even Afrin. I finally broke down and had DH stop by the pharmacy today and get me some claritin-D. My Dr said not to take allergy meds with the decongestant in it, but they said sudafed was fine. And its the same active ingredient in sudafed that's in claritin-D. I have definitely noticed a difference today since I took it! 
    I'm swelling up everyday now, my feet, ankles and legs. Its awful, and omg  im so hot all the time! I'm at work now where its about 68 degrees in the lab, and I'm sweating to death. I keep it so cold in my house, my poor DH stays bundled up. I'm so ready to be done!!! Not looking forward to the PP night sweats!

I've been taking regular old Sudafed for weeks now and it seems to have lost its effect. :( 

Maybe I should try Claritin or Zyrtec added to it. We have been covered in pollen lately so maybe it's allergies on top of pregnancy congestion :( 
  • @WiseUsagi  I took sudafed around week 20, but I didn't notice if it helped any. But I had a really bad sinus infection at that time, so that could be why I didn't notice a difference. I've been alternating between regular claritin and Allegra throughout the pregnancy. I went to an urgent care clinic when I developed a second sinus infection around week 25 and that Dr told me to take claritin daily to help prevent another sinus infection. I know how miserable it is!

Do you have just a stuffy nose or the whole deal with excess mucus/sneezing/coughing? I've pretty much had a "cold" for the whole pregnancy. I go through 3-4 boxes of Kleenex a week and I've spent at least a couple of hundred on nose spray. My daily routine before bed consists of taking a hot steamy shower, taking allergy medicine, putting on a breathe right strip, squirt some Afrin, and running a humidifier. And all that still only marginally helps. I complain that it's 2016  and scientists can't come up with a solution to stuffy noses?? I told DH I'm going to invent tubes that can be implanted in the nose to keep the nasal membranes open always! And then I'll have to live in fear of hit men hired by the nose spray companies, haha. :)

I hope you get some relief soon !
  • My burps taste like mint... Like I ate toothpaste or something. I haven't had anything minty in days and I'm definitely not eating toothpaste.
  • WiseUsagi said:
    I've had horrible nasal congestion since week 8 that I've been battling through but OMG these last few days it seems to have increased by like 20x. My doctor promises me it will clear up within hours after delivery but I just can't wait. I am soooo miserable! 
    Same. Here. It's the WORST. I am sleeping almost sitting up practically, with the humidifier on, and nothing helps. Breathing out of my mouth even while I'm eating, it's so gross. I hope you get some relief.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @loveymay it definitely has been like having a cold this whole time. We have been buying economy packs of Kleenex and my mucus is really thick and some days my throat is super sore from all the drainage. 

Your bedtime routine sounds a lot like mine! I too have spent who knows how much on nasal spray (both Afrin and Flonase) but it just barely seems to help me sleep through the night. I'm with you on the need for a cure for the stuffy nose! It's ridiculous how uncomfortable it is. I actual panic a little bit if I realize I've left the house without a bottle of Afrin in my purse. 

@bunnywahl omg I agree eating is the worst! I take a shot of Afrin before meals just to help me get through. I absolutely cannot stand to breathe through my mouth. 
  • My hand got these little bumps on it yesterday and they are still there and have been super itchy. I don't know if it's pregnancy related or not but it really sucks.
  • @RoseShadow873 i got hand, mouth and foot during this pregnancy. Weirdest thing ever. Started out with itchy bumps on my hands, then mouth, then feet. Adults aren't supposed to get it though. I don't have kids nor am I around them much. 
  • Anyone else waking up covered in sweat every morning? So gross.
  • @ashdawn24 Yup! I have to turn off the heater and sleep with as little clothing possible. 
    Pregnancy Ticker