Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday

Re: WTO Friday

• whiskawhiska member
    edited January 2016
    ***Question in R/R/CS***

Month/Cycle: 10/10

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU:  Just pnv for now.  When I told H we still had a week before we really needed to start getting down we high-fived.

R/R/CS:  For all the ladies who take a break from temping during AF, when do you usually start back up? Is a week before expected o okay? I realized this morning that I probably should have taken my temp but it was too late (I don't usually o til CD17).  Guess I'll start tomorrow. Ugh.

GTKY: In honor of Snowmageddon, if you are/were to be snowed in for a few days, what would you do to pass the time? 
    --Bake or cook something really complicated and time-consuming. Like bread that needs to be shaped or braided, or I have this thing where I make pasta while watching a musical.  I've done spinach fettucine + Footloose, butternut squash ravioli + State Fair, beet tortellini + 1776.
    --Curl up next to the window and watch the snow fall, with maybe some spiked spiced cider in hand.
    --Read, preferably something that H has recently read so we can have a little book club :blush: 
    --If it's just the roads that are making leaving impossible: walk around the neighborhood (it's so peaceful!!), play in the snow then bd after. Then nap.
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• MrsDho11 said:

@MRSCORKER - I think you mean @OrangeEv ! I was so confused for a minute there going "I haven't responded to people yet, and I don't remember saying anything about k-cups. I mean, I know my memory is bad, but..."

Ha, my bad!!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Loading the player...
  • edited January 2016
    Month/cycle: 2/3 (after break)
    Cd: 1
    Waydtgktfu: nothing
    R/r/CS: I had a huge rant here but the bump ate it and I'm kinda over it once I got it out. (If that makes sense) anyways...... CD1, enough said.

DH suggested going to the RE as son as we can to at least get testing done. We were originally waiting till after our vacation in April.

GTKY: If I'm being totally honest I'd probably just stare at my phone the whole time. I'm one of those people.

@MrsDho11 IDK if this helps, but I temp vaginally and my after O temps are usually 98.1 or higher. Your chart does seem rocky but it hasn't gone over 98 yet so hopefully it won't be to hard to see the shift.

Edited because it all disappeared when I posted it.
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • @OrangeEv yes, setters are dogs! We rescue English Setters, and have two of our own. This girl will probably be our 11 or 12th foster, but there's always an adjustment period. I hope she's chill!!
    GL in the TWW!!
  • @whiska I usually start again at what I think will be the last day of AF, with a little flexibility if skipping one more day allows me to sleep in on a weekend. I also O around CD 16-18.
  • @whiska I usually O pretty early in my cycle and don't temp during AF so I average about 7-10 temps before O. I personally can see the shift just fine with that.
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • @houseofsetters wow 11 or 12th?? I bet you have some stories haha! I just google image'd English setters--there are cute!

@MRSCORKER You're funny. I hope the 2.0 cups are better because I'm being bad and using them..

• @OrangeEv yes, setters are dogs! We rescue English Setters, and have two of our own. This girl will probably be our 11 or 12th foster, but there's always an adjustment period. I hope she's chill!!
    GL in the TWW!!

@house of setters - setters are some of my favorite dogs.

@kirby1220 - I believe if you can't avoid, keeping the hot tub to 10 minutes prevents overheating of the scrotum which is what's bad for the sperm. Don't take that for science, but I read that somewhere and it stuck in my head.

• Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: Maybe nothing

R/R/CS: Went to my one-week post-operative appt. Looks like the surgery was a dud, my eyes are fighting back and I can't see again. They have to re-do both eyes but they can't do that until they stabilize for at least 1 month. I will find out in 3 weeks if they could do the surgery again but either way they told me I can't be pregnant.

My options are either to stop TTC or get KU and wear glasses for the next year and a half after paying $4,200 so that I DON'T have to wear glasses anymore. It's really frustrating. I hate that I am in this position. I might have to go on sick leave at work because I can't see my screen and straining has been giving me headaches every.single.day.

GTKY: In honor of Snowmageddon, if you are/were to be snowed in for a few days, what would you do to pass the time? play catan!

Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

GL in the TWW!!

How cool! They are beautiful dogs. I'd love to foster someday, but H is nervous to. Post pics once she arrives!
  • @PrettyPalomino Can you schedule to get the procedure done in a month (or when your eyes stabilize) and if you end up getting KU, you can just cancel and wait the year? That way, if you don't get KU, at least you can get your eyes fixed, but if you do get KU, you hopefully won't mind waiting as much because you'll be too excited.
  • @prettypalomino-ugh that's awful. I'm sorry your eyes didn't take to the surgery : (
  • @jamiek1882 - Maybe you haven't O'ed yet? I just started OPKs and temping this month, and they made me crazy. They have faded in and out several times, and I am just NOW getting a definite positive on CD 19. My temp has remained low this whole time, so I guess I just ovulate super late in my 30 day cycle (short LP..womp womp). I'd say to keep up the OPKs and temping, and don't jump to any conclusions too soon.

@prettypalomino - Sorry the surgery didn't work! That sucks! Will they do the surgery again for free, or do you have to pay again? That is really messed up if you have to pay for it again!

• @strickland8052-you're probably right, I'm just so impatient. Plus, we're exhausted already of HIO. After last night I told DH, just one more time on Saturday! And then this morning I said, oh, and maybe Monday too! lol
  • Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: All of the things. I have a little EWCM this morning, so we may start BDing EOD just in case. I have a feeling my cycle will be much shorter this month...I hope.

R/R/CS: This is not TTC related, but I need to get it out. My aunt did pass away yesterday. They decided to remove her ventilator at 5:30pm on Wednesday evening. She was gone by 8:30am yesterday. While we are all very upset that she is gone, we are glad that she went so quickly and so peacefully. The nurses were so compassionate and took great care of her. They've also been taking great care of my grandmother, who had to go to the ER when she arrived on Tuesday night (she had to have surgery yesterday, but all is well with her). The nurses showed the most compassion by making sure my grandmother was able to be there when my aunt received last rights. I'm at work today, which kind of sucks, but I am of no use right now. I get at least 2 days of bereavement next week to go to the funeral, so I will have to wait until next week to be away. My students have been so compassionate and understanding this week.

I just wanted to thank you all again for your support and all of the prayers, thoughts, and hugs sent this way for my family and me. I cannot express how much I appreciate each and every one of you.

GTKY: In honor of Snowmageddon, if you are/were to be snowed in for a few days, what would you do to pass the time?
    I would probably have a bake-fest...and binge watch Netflix. DH and I bought the Amazon Firestick, so I would probably be catching up on all of the movies and TV shows I've missed. I'd also be reading for fun, instead of reading for school and professional development. I'd also spend about an hour getting all of my grading done, too...unless I "forgot" my school bag at school.
  • edited January 2016
    Third cycle after treatmenr. Nine months of TTC prior

CD 7

Will start EOD tomorrow... We DTD on the even days... Lol, such a planner. Cm. I wasn't going to temp BC I thought wed be traveling but it turns out we are going to be stuck here another week at least... And I haven't temped at all this cycle... Too late to start? I usually o around cd14/15. I guess now in can opk too.

Ive been snowed in in the mountains before. You get your storm stuff ready... Flashlights/candles, blankets, plenty of food and chopped wood for a second heat source and pull out the cast iron. If it happened now? I'm currently a sahw and dh works mostly from home at this time, so it would be business as usual over here assuming we had power. When I was pre elementary school age, we lived in the mountains in the winter months (alternate with beach ... my folks were hippie ski/surf instructors) and my biological dad used to always say "no such thing as bad weather, just poor preparation" lol. Its kind of true though.... ?

@strickland8052 bahahhaha about the opk!!! That happened to me at the in laws last month, I found it though before anyone else did. Such an awkward moment when you realize you've misplaced an opk... Lol.

@JamieK1882 try to opk a few times a day?

@iceandsnowflakes29 any leftover cardboard laying around? Boom. Sled. Lol. I used to work with the children In a shelter (read: limited resources) in denver and I was NOT about to lert them miss out on sledding lol!! We got pretty creative.

Edit BC typing on my tablet is impossible

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• @missameliapond I am trying to track CM but am still so confused on sometimes how to classify it.
  • @JamieK1882 it might be super gross, but if you google images of the types of CM it might be helpful! FF also has a couple of tutorials on CM. It helped me a lot to just keep looking at the tutorials and gross pics online when I first started learning to classify it. It definitely took a while to figure out my normal, but it's really useful data once you figure it out! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: CM and NFP (Read: Cheap)

R/R/CS:  I will be snowed in, though New England would have had this taken care of already.  I don't know what the ridiculous hysteria is all about.

I'm taking out a couple quilting projects, plus studying for a continuing ed class that is canceled this weekend. I hope to do some general reading of books, and snuggle lots with DH.

Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @BerkeBaby thoughts and prayers with you and your family, it's not easy, but surrounding yourself with loved ones and friends helps. ❤️
  • Month/Cycle:  5/2

CD:  50

WAYDTGKU:  temping, OPK, sex, waiting...

R/R/CS:  My husband picked up my medicine for me today so I'll be taking Provera again soon and then also starting on Metformin.  My doctor told me that I should try Metformin for 3 months and if nothing is still happening and I'm not ovulating or getting a period, then we might have to take some other steps.  I'm not sure what Tricare covers for this stuff so I'm hoping that I won't have to worry about it! 

GTKY: In honor of Snowmageddon, if you are/were to be snowed in for a few days, what would you do to pass the time?   I loved snow days when I lived at home by Chicago!  We had a huge field and would layer up and go outside for most the day and then come inside and drink hot chocolate and sit by the fire.  Now, I live in Florida and miss the snow!  We only had a huuuuuuge thunderstorm last night but that's all we'll get!

• edited January 2016

@simcal18 @missameliapond @strickland8052 @Orangeev @furbabymom2007

Thanks for the support guys, they are covering the costs for sure, I would NOT fork out more money for this haha but it still sucks... I don't think we're going to stop TTC. I think we will just stay the course and what happens happens. My eyes are too unstable for glasses, I just have to wait and see if they stabilize over time. The sooner it stabilizes the sooner they can re-do them but in the meantime there is no solution, just have to go around with blurry vision. FX'd for eye stability in three weeks...

ETA I would eventually be able to get glasses after they do stabilize if I am lucky enough to get KTFU

Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• @simcal18 I actually switched to a capsule with DHA this week, as well, and I've been having stomach issues. I chalked them up to AF because that's pretty normal for me, but they've lasted longer than my usual AF tummy issues. I take the PNV at night and then wake up with my stomach hurting and needing to go to the bathroom, just like you describe. Obviously, my issues have no bearing on yours and vice versa, but it is an interesting observation.

@orangeev, @MissAmeliaPond, @cwirth89 thanks for the recommendations! I'll check those out!

@whiska I'm probably not the best to answer this since I O late (well, later than textbook normal - usually around CD 25), but I start whenever AF ends, or even a few days after that. Somewhere around CD 10. If you O earlier, though, this definitely wouldn't work for you!

@BerkeBaby Thinking of you and your family today!
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • OrangeEvOrangeEv member
    edited January 2016
    @simcal18 @pretzel2plus1 Just a thought: I know gummy prenatals usually omit iron, and capsules and pills usually DO have iron included. And some people's stomachs get upset with iron supplements. So maybe that's the difference?
  • @Zoey1019 I have 96 (sometimes 95) FP temps when I temped orally. I'm not hypothyroid. I switched to vaginally temping a few cycles ago and my FP temps went up to 97.
    @CajunSnowWhite89 you might want to call around to the REs you're looking at going to. Some REs have a really long wait time (3-6 months) for new patient appointments. So if you make an appointment now, you may not be seen until April anyways.
    @PrettyPalomino Sorry about the bad news. Hugs.
    @BerkeBaby Hugs. Thinking of you and your family.
    @simcal18 I take my prenatal with dinner. I know it's better to take it in the morning (to have those vitamins over the course of the day) but I don't always wake up at the same time, eat breakfast, remember, etc. so I take it with dinner because I know I'll take it then. I never take them on an empty stomach because of potential stomach pain/nausea.
    @mokay19 Tricare covered my Provera 100% (I got it at the Base pharmacy). Not sure about Metformin but I don't see why they wouldn't; it's a common IR drug. There's a site I found recently that you can check things like that. Let me see if I can find it again.

Month/Cycle: 10/7

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: Femara, Ovidrel, TI, charting, HSG, SA

R/R/CS: My sleep schedule is wacky again. So much for fixing (and keeping) that while I was in OH.

Puzzle, board games, snuggle my furbabies. I kind of miss snow.

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • Month/Cycle: 6/5 (ticker rollover today)

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: all of it but maybe I should have started it all sooner??

R/R/CS: I've had a cold/virus the last several days and my am temps have run 99.3, 99.4, and 99.9. And that's after Ibuprofen in the early am or at night. I'm marking fever on FF and so the temps are discarded but those are my post-O range (I run hot). If I missed O, at least we have a shot with timing and I'll find out soon enough. Otherwise I'll just keep watching things and see what my body does.

GTKY: In honor of Snowmageddon, if you are/were to be snowed in for a few days, what would you do to pass the time? With electricity intact, movies, cooking soups, drinking coffee and tea, and naps. And maybe sledding in there.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

•  
    TTC + medicated cycles

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • mokay19mokay19 member
    edited January 2016

@hunnybunny17 (I'm assuming that you're on Tricare) does Tricare cover Femara and those other things that you're taking?  I know I've seen of list before of women's health stuff that is covered and not covered but I just can't remember where I found it haha

ETA: this website you shared is awesome!  Thank you!

• @BerkeBaby positive thoughts to you and your family

@PrettyPalomino fx for your eyes!! Sorry your having trouble.

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• Month/Cycle: 10/8

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: Charting, opks, getting healthy

R/R/CS: Had one hell of a week.  I'm so glad it's the weekend.  With DS sick all week, he had been nursing like a newborn, so I'm not feeling to hopeful about this cycle.  My FW still isn't for another week, so we shall see.

GTKY: In honor of Snowmageddon, if you are/were to be snowed in for a few days, what would you do to pass the time? I have no idea.  Netflix? Crochet? Make a pillow fort?  I almost wore flip flops today so a Snowmageddon does not compute with me. lol
    Me: 26  DH: 29
    Married since May 2013
    DS born July 2014
    TTC#2 since April 2015
    BFP on 7/2/2013

• hunnybunny17hunnybunny17 member
    edited January 2016
    mokay19 said:
    @hunnybunny17 (I'm assuming that you're on Tricare) does Tricare cover Femara and those other things that you're taking?  I know I've seen of list before of women's health stuff that is covered and not covered but I just can't remember where I found it haha
    I have Tricare Prime. Base doesn't carry Femara or Ovidrel (trigger shot) so I have to get it elsewhere. I go to Bi-Lo. I get 16 Femara tablets for $4+tax. Ovidrel is $20+tax.
    ETA @mokay19

TTC + medicated cycles

• @simcal18 I first started taking some Walmart PNVs that upset my stomach, not with pains but definitely loose stool. I switched to Rainbow Light and it made a difference for me at least. I also find it best to take any PNV around dinner personally.
  • mokay19 said:
    I have Tricare Prime. Base doesn't carry Femara or Ovidrel (trigger shot) so I have to get it elsewhere. I go to Bi-Lo. I get 16 Femara tablets for $4+tax. Ovidrel is $20+tax.
    ETA @mokay19
    @hunnybunny17 that's not too bad... I think I only have standard though so hopefully it's the same.  My husband didn't mention paying anything so as far as I know, I'm good for now haha
  • @simcal18, we trade snow for tornadoes where I live, but I am grateful not to have to deal with all the shoveling or more than a day or two of traffic problems among other snow/blizzard related things. ;)

@PrettyPalomino, sorry to hear that your eye surgery didn't go well and has to be redone.  I've thought a time or two about going in for a consult myself to see if it would even be an option for me, but I'm not sure that I'm brave enough to go through with it.

@Berkebaby, I am so sorry for the loss of your aunt...praying for you and your family.

@jparli, men and their toys, haha.  Hope that there is enough snow for him to try it out.

@DiFazette911, I am also a drama/reality TV addict.

@houseofsetters, I figured that you must have setters, but now your screen name makes even more sense.  It's great that you are able to foster.  I love setters and would love to have an English, Irish, or Gordon Setter one day...getting DH to say yes is going to be struggle though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • mokay19 said:

mokay19 said:
    ETA @mokay19
    @hunnybunny17 that's not too bad... I think I only have standard though so hopefully it's the same.  My husband didn't mention paying anything so as far as I know, I'm good for now haha

@mokay19 You might want to check. Standard is different than Prime. I'm just not sure how different as far as expenses (deductibles, copays, etc.) go for IF meds.

TTC + medicated cycles

• @MissAmeliaPond I took one 1000 mg pill. I bought the walmart brand and it said to take one pill three times a day. Needless to say threw them out.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• @dogmomwantinghuman ugh that sucks. :( I take one 500mg once a day and it makes a huge difference for the ewcm. I'm so sorry you had such bad side effects! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers