1st Trimester
Options

What was your first clue ?

Re: What was your first clue ?

• Options
    tishbtishb member
    It was seriously the week after ovulation, and I hit a wall of extreme exhaustion. I was proud of myself if I could pull an all-dayer!
  • Options
    Heartburn. Never have Heartburn and was 2 days away from AF so I tested and got a BFP!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started bawling while folding laundry, so I told my best friend I was PMSing. Then the next day my BOOBS hurt SO BAD, and I was peeing constantly. She finally told me to take a test... she was right. :)
    Emily

• Options
    I was so regular on my period that I knew as soon as I was late!
  • Options
    Nausea about a week before my period was due... I paid it no mind at first because I'd had nausea as a PMS symptom before, but when no other PMS symptoms came up I decided to take a HPT... sure enough there was my BFP.
  • Options
    So, a little background: I have a history of having irregular periods from having uterine polyps about 2 years ago. I was told I would have trouble conceiving if I didn't have them removed. I had them removed, but was told it could come back in the future.

I went on birth control after getting married September 2015, but stopped after January 2016 since I was gaining so much weight. Got my LMP 3/12/2016 and April came and went and I figured my polyps came back causing me to be irregular again. Took 3 pregnancy tests April to Mid May and all were negative. Then I started getting breast tenderness; normal for me few days before getting my period. Only I still had breast tenderness for a week without my period! So I  took another test and it was positive! Funny because just 2 weeks prior i took a pregnancy test at my Doctor's and I had to call them that day that I now have a positive one!
    Me: 27 | Husband: 30
    Met: September 13, 2008
    Married: September 13, 2016
    Surprise BFP 05/20/16 - EDD 1/31/16

• Options
    No symptoms before testing...just a happy surprise.  
  • Options
    With my first it felt like my period was coming. I just had a test in my cupboard and figured ah why not and boom! Pregnant! With this baby I knew instantly that I was pregnant! I just felt pregnant. I was telling my bff that j think I am cause I feel it and she insisted that you don't just automatically feel pregnant. I took a test a week later and I was right! 
  • Options
    Fatigue, headache and when AF was supposed to come- Id normally crave chocolate 3 but no cravings!
  • Options
    I would normally start spotting a few days before my period would start, but this month nothing. I decided to wait a few extra days to test, just in case i ovulated later and there was no denying that second line!
  • Options
    Two weeks or so before I got a positive during my first pregnancy, I plopped myself face down on my bed and just moaned because "I feel like I want to cry, and I'm mad, but I don't know why. I am also very sad."

Oddly enough, I did something similar and felt the same way with my second pregnancy. Very strange, I know.
  • Options
    I got overly emotional about breakfast - I was practically crying because it wasn't the same as the morning before (we were at a B&B). Then I had some spotting that afternoon, so I thought AF was coming the next day. 5 days later, the test confirmed :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 31 Hubs: 35 (first-timers!) 
    Married: 17 Oct 2009 <3
    BFP: 8 July 2016 | EDD: 16 March 2017
    2 fur-babies: Zeus and Sylvester (turning 10 in Sept)
  • Options
    The first sign for me this time around was the fact that I would literally have to choke back tears everytime I watched a sentimental commercial or heard a sweet song 
  • Options
    I had weird almost like a pinching feeling and/or cramping for about 5-10mins 7dpo. It seemed like i could smell things from the opposite side of the house. I didnt get my usual week before af pimples. Then thought I was having crazy hormones before af, but no matter how hard I tried, I would lose it over nothing.......either in anger or had to fight to stop the tears from pouring out. We were trying and this seemed pretty extreme for my usual pms symptoms so i took a test at 9dpo and figured had this test must have had a crazy indent line (new brand i tested with) so shrugged it off (it was only a cpl days after my cramping so def wasn't expecting enough hcg in me to be able to get bfp) but decided I would test daily. 10dpo line was bit more prominent and by 12dpo i lined them up and saw the line was getting darker. I spent almost a full 24hrs in bed sleeping and there was no stopping that.......i thought i was getting the flu or a cold since i had a sore throat, stuffy nose, so tired, amd off and on nauaea. Took 2 more tests (different brands) 13dpo to be sure before going into my dr. Bfp was confirmed by Dr at 14dpo. Still battling what I'm assuming is start of crazy morning sickness.......3 days with not too much that I can stomach. V8 (which i hate usually) and fruit smoothies have been a lifesaver for me so I can still get in much needed nutrients. Hoping today will be the day I can eat my meals and not be drinking them ;) I had an early miscarriage (a bit over 5 weeks) beginning of August and symptoms I had then we're completely different then this time around. Nipples were hard from 9dpo to 3 days before I had miscarriage, areolas almost doubled in size, sensitive under my armpits, was eating more food than my hubby but would go back and forth between extreme hunger and nausea, craved breakfast subs and chocolate milkshakes (I'm lactose intolerant and those milkshakes warded off my nausea), and actually stopped being lactose intolerant the last week (discovered by forgetting my lactaids then not getting sick after drinking extra large milkshake) and must admit my horomones were even more all over the place then (one morning I cried for well over 40 minutes about a piece of bacon getting stuck to paper towel). We all know our bodies pretty well and if something feels off, we usually can sense that! Congrats to all others who have gotten their bfp! :)
  • Options
    My positive test haha! After wasting waaay too many on my first cycle I vowed not to test again for the next ones until I was late. AF was due in 2 days but I was having a party and wanted to be sure. BFP! I was shocked because I had no symptoms but was super stoked. I'm only at 5 weeks so far and my only symptoms are sore breasts. Let's hope it stays that way. Ha! (Wishful thinking) 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    Mine was my boobs being really tender. That's never happened to me before when my period was coming so I tested a few days later.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My boobs were sore but they always are before I start my period, so I wasn't thinking i could be pregnant. I was at work and for a couple of days in a row I was really hot and I'm normally always cold! my boss asked me if I was pregnant. I told him I didn't think so, but when I looked at my last period I noticed I was over a week later! I took a test on a whim and it was super positive!
  • Options
    What really triggered me to take a test was I was feeling really sick for 2 days. Then after getting a positive and thinking back to the last couple of weeks..I had a really heightened sense of smell, started crying while listening to Chip and Joanna's (fixer upper) audiobook, and had just felt extremely tired. I definitely should've known after crying from that book haha! 
  • Options
    On CD21 I had some odd cramping. Then during my workouts I just couldn't keep up. So finally after googling these symptoms I took a test when hubby got back from his trip. This is our first pregnancy so excited and nervous. 
  • Options
    It was the day after the election, and I was literally sick because of the results (I'm not trying to get into a political discussion, just providing a narrative). I was so sick at work that day: nausea, dizziness, lethargy, I even passed out for a few seconds. I ended up going home partway through the day, stayed home the next day, and stayed in bed all weekend. I ended up throwing up once, and I felt much better after. My husband said that that was the first time in the four years that we've known each other that he has ever seen me puke. At the end of the weekend, I took a test, and I got a positive! It turns out that almost all of my fellow teachers got the stomach flu that weekend, too. I still don't know if it was stress, anxiety, stomach flu, or pregnancy. Whatever it was, I'm positive!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm so not jealous of your sore boobs! I just found out and I'm 4 weeks with number 3. My biggest clue was that I nearly threw up brushing my teeth the morning before I tested. That was my number one tip off with all my pregnancies. I know the sore boobs are coming soon, just glad I don't have to deal with them yet! 
  • Options
    Puking all the time from smells I could deal with before! My man would fart and I would have to run to the nearest toilet or trash can! Same with walking into a bathroom, the smell of pee makes me puke unless it's mine. I even threw up on the side of the road on the way to Walmart to buy pregnancy tests that would later show positive!!
  • Options
    My sister and the dog lol.

I had my Mirena removed in September and we started trying right away. In November I noticed our female boxer wasn't leaving me alone, she seriously opens the bathroom door and sits on my feet. I was telling my sister about how weird it was (because Pupper is really aloof and keeps to herself usually) and my sister decided to bring me a pregnancy test. 

We didn't even have to wait the full two minutes before the bright pink second line popped up, so she went and bought a bag full and they all came up positive! So  thank you sister  and dog! 
  • Options
    Just found out this morning! The only reason I tested is because I was 2 days late, and my post O temps were still in the 98s. Other than that, I feel completely normal. 
  • Options
    I was 3 days late for my period according to my tracker. I have irregular cycles ranging from 22-32 days so it didn't really bother me much that I hadn't started. I didn't start really wondering until my breasts hurt like no other. I decided to take a pregnancy test on my 3rd day late and it came back positive!
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited January 2017
    I was temping and noticed what I now know was a .5 implantation dip drop on 5 dpo and 1 degree rise the next day. I also had a week of headaches and several bloody noses in addition to being tired. I often get heart burn too, but it was happening more randomly. I couldn't also smell things like road tar and gasoline intensely. First test I took on 11 dpo was positive.

ETA: Oops, I just responded due to current posts, but you guys dug up a zombie post!!  :D
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    Horrible food aversions and nausea. I had no idea. I was feeling awful for a week and finally tested once in the morning and once that night 12 hours later and was overjoyed. :smile:

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had ZERO reason to think I was pregnant this cycle, but something told me to test on CD1 (this past Sunday).  I had been crampy, some pink in my cm, but not many AF symptoms.  It was weird though, now thinking back to last week, there was 1 day where I was nauseous with a fever and chills.  My husband had a stomach bug too but it was different.  Anyway, this cycle my CB monitor did NOT detect an LH surge, so I was really upset that I didn't ovulate.  But I got a strong, dark line within seconds, I couldn't believe it!  Now I'm beginning to think what I thought to be a period last cycle was just implantation bleeding.  I'm not sure if I'm 4-5 weeks or 7-8, but now that I know, I DEFINITELY feel it!  I haven't been able to stay up past 8:30 all week!  
  • Options
    We had been trying, our first cycle after I'd been in treatment for Lyme disease for over a year, and before that, 2 losses (due to Lyme.) It was only a few days after I o'd (fertility awareness method is awesome!) and a friend mentioned carrot cake. I went ballistic in my head- I NEEDED carrot cake. I'm not normally interested in it at all.

I'm usually a health freak. I have to be to manage my disease. No grains, no sugar. So a few days after the carrot cake thing, I'm driving with my husband after a hike and suddenly I made a screeching turn into a supermarket, ran through the isles and bought a bag of almond chocolate kisses. I NEVER eat candy. My husband thought it was a strange joke, or maybe some sort of performance art? Who knows what the poor guy thinks.

I took a test on 9DPO and saw the faintest line, I mean NOBODY else would have seen that. It was so faint that it was anticlimactic, I had no reaction, just, 'oh, well...ok." I tested for the next 5 days after that, and the line got darker every day. 

I'm now 4w6d, and I have insane hunger, sore boobs, drenching night sweats and some constipation, I'm also so incredibly dry 'down there' which shows a big swing in my hormones (I'd been charting CM so I'm very in tune with that....whole....arena....) Still more cravings, no aversions or nausea yet. 
    Due with rainbow rainbow rainbow baby on 9/29/17
    It's been a long road- Let's just say that! 
  • Options
    I woke up the morning I was supposed to get my period, and had one reallllllyyyyyy sore breast. The right one to be exact. I was like whoa that's weird! So I decided to test. Much to my surprise... it was positive. Later that day i had to look at my boob, because it was so freaking sore! It was huge. only that one. HA!!! They evened out over the last few days, but man I thought it was funny. I had 2 other symptoms when I looked back and really thought about it. I was peeing more frequently, and i had some weird lower back pain about a week before i tested,  but brushed it off as nothing. I just found out this past Monday. It's still super early, but we couldn't be happier! 
    \

• Options
    My first symptoms were extreme fatigue and frequent urination. BUT what tempted me to take the test was one night fiancé and I ordered from our favorite delivery place for dinner. I ended up waking up at 3 am horribly nauseous and vomiting, I got a poisitive the next morning! 
  • Options
    We did our first IUI on Jan 17 so I was closely monitoring everything that happened while at the same time, trying not to read too far into symptoms. I had a strangely good feeling about this cycle for some reason and when I started to see some really light spotting, I kind of freaked out and starting texting a good friend. She convinced me that it could be implantation bleeding and told me to take a test. Tested after work and got my BFP! Since then, I've been exhausted, sore boobs, and I'm just starting to get a bit nauseous. We'll see what the next few weeks bring!

TTC since 01/2011
    07/2013 - First round of testing  - CD21 and CD3 blood tests and HSG  + multiple SAs for DH
    07/2013 - Diagnosis - Anovulatory and DH has very low counts - Referral to urologist for further testing
    08/2013 - Urologist showed varcocele veins and testicular defect from birth. Unable to repair
    11/2013 - Consult with RE regarding treatment. Benched due to finances
    2014/2015 - Took break from pursuing treatment, moved to a new province
    06/2016 - DH redid SA as per direction from new family doctor - Counts have increased!!
    07/2016 - Consult with new RE - ordered a repeat HSG
    09/2016 - Providing no issues on HSG - Scheduled to start first IUI with Clomid
    01/17/2017 - First IUI with Clomid - BFP - M/C @ 9 weeks

Come on Baby "B"! Time to come out and play!

• Options
    verilyverily member
    edited February 2017
    I peed on a stick because I had a dentist appt that day and I didn't want them to do dental x-rays if I was pregnant. I was around 10DPO.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Palpitations were my first indications, your suppose to have a lot more blood in your body when your pregnant and I think that's why I could feel my pulse so strong all over my body! Few days later I tested and was positive!
  • Options
    I was late on my period this past Friday and I got abnormally angry at something that really should have just been annoying two days in a row. Took a test on Monday and again yesterday. Both BFP. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    zigzag8412zigzag8412 member
    edited March 2017
    Background: see siggy

I've had a "feeling" for the last year plus anytime someone's gotten pregnant.  I've been right 6/6 times (which isn't huge but isn't bad either).  This last time I got the feeling but couldn't figure out who it was.  I was a day late but as I told my mom, sister, and a coworker "that doesn't mean anything in IF world- I've been 5 days late before and nothing..." wholeheartedly did not believe it could be me.  But I felt awful... I'd been having weird dreams, waking up throughout the night, was running a low fever with a headache and sore throat.  Mom suggested over the phone that I take a test before taking more meds when I got home after work.  I laughed, but when I got home I had two cheapy amazon test left from the 20 pack I'd ordered forever ago, I thought "Why not? It's not like it's going to be any different this time."  Except it was.  I was doing a turn and burn to get to my church choir practice but I knew two things when I left before the time was even up to read the stick:
    1. There aren't false positives
    -and-
    2. That wasn't a negative.

I left church a little early to run by the grocery and get a digital to take with the last cheapy and FMU.  I made it til 1am and couldn't sleep anymore.  I took the cheapy and the result was immediate.  I took the digital and it confirmed: "Pregnant."  I was shocked!  In retrospect I can see a lot of things that made sense (the dreams, insomnia, exhaustion, sore bbs, dog wouldn't leave my stomach alone) but I had *no* idea until that test.  Turns out the "feeling" I couldn't place- was me.   :p
    ~Ziggy
    Me:27 (diagnosed anovulatory May 2016)  DH:29 (normal)
    Met 2008 | Dated 2010 | Married 2012
    TTC#1 since June 2015
    June 2016- 50mg generic clomid CDs 5-9 w/TI | 2 follies (14 & 12), thin (2.45) lining | BFN
    July 2016- 1mg estradiol CDs 1-7, 50mg generic clomid CDs 5-9 w/TI | 2 follies (14 & 10), thin (~4) lining | BFN
    August 2016- 1mg estradiol CDs 1-7, 50mg generic clomid CDs 5-9 w/TI | BFN | Referred to specialist, visited once, was told we have less than a 3% chance even on medication, recommended to IUI for up to a 50% chance, decided not to pursue at this time | Stopped "trying"
    October 2016- We became licensed foster parents
    November 9, 2016- Arrival of DD#1, 4yo
    March 1, 2017- 1 day late, feel like crap (low fever & exhausted) | Mom suggested test before taking meds, I laughed but did it anyway | BFP! *shock*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I had a few signs, but I had symptom spotted a few times during previous cycles... But this time, I was getting bad skin breakouts which is really not normal for me. And 3 days before I took a test, I felt slight cramping on my left side. I also felt like my nose was sensitive and I was feeling slightly nauseated over this past weekend. 

I took a test last night and it was a faint positive! I was supposed to get my period tomorrow. 
  • Options
    holli0801holli0801 member
    edited March 2017
    With DS I had no clue I was pregnant. I was super tired and thought I was dying of something (ha!) but I was slow to catch on ;-p ...
  • Options
    We have been trying for #2 for about a year which is a little frustrating since the first one happened so easily. We went through an early miscarriage and ectopic this summer and every month I had weird pregnancy symptoms that I didn't have while trying for DD, or between the time of having her and starting to try for #2 but I basically knew this was the real deal when I didn't have the weird pregnancy symptoms that cycle and my nipples felt they were constantly being pinched. 
  • Options
    I honestly thought we were out for the month, considering DH had been out of town and we'd only had sex once at the tail end of my window (and I thought I'd already ovulated). The day after we had sex, DH headed back out of town for work and I started taking Mucinex because I could feel a cold coming on.

I was still a couple of days before AF and while logically I didn't think it was possible something kept making me test. The one main thing was that I couldn't seem to finish a meal. I wasn't sick, but I just felt SO FULL about half way through eating, which is unlike me.