1st Trimester
Options

What was your first clue ?

Honestly, looking back at my symptoms that convinced me to take a pregnancy test makes me laugh. I had some crazy hormones! Okay, so my boyfriend works out of town. So we don't get much quality conversations while he is away. Anyway, one day I actually got really sad/ mad because he cut our phone call short. But, it was because he was really hungry haha poor guy :neutral: . I expressed that I felt like he didn't care about my day ect. Later the morning nausea hit and after the positive tests, my crazy woman reactions were suddenly justified ! What was your symptoms something was up ?

Re: What was your first clue ?

• Options
    ambercakes92ambercakes92 member
    edited January 2016
    I had constant nausea for like, 2 weeks before I decided to test.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ecwk said:

The positive pregnancy test.

Omg me too!
    This.
  • Options
    I didn't get any symptoms until about a week after my BFP.

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
  • Options
    ecwk said:
    The positive pregnancy test.
    Omg me too!
    How crazy! Same for me. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    my pregnancy was a happy accident, so i didn't take a test until i started getting these symptoms:
    - sudden craving for fish; i hate fish.
    - super sore/bigger boobs.
    - gaining weight rapidly & hungry ALL the time.
  • Options
    No period
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Ditto to the positive test. I didn't have any symptoms for almost 2 weeks after my positive pee stick.
  • Options
    I got my IUD out mid October, I knew my periods would be erratic for at least 6 months, so I was testing every 3 weeks. One night at the beginning of December I told my SO I think I should take a test tomorrow, I just had a feeling! So and behold, I was 3 weeks preggo!
  • Options
    I had some odd niggly cramps that ive never had before about 2 -3 days before my BFP but we were trying so maybe i always got them and just never noticed. The positive pee stick was a dead giveaway though
  • Options
    BOOBS! Oh my. I have never had any tenderness even with periods. But my BOOBS hurt so much. I didn't make the connection though until I was a few days late.
  • Options
    We had been TTC since last October (2014). So I always tested around the time to expect when my period could start.  I took a test on Mother's Day and it was negative.  I had an irregular period since I started getting them, so I figured this was going to be another long cycle.  I may have been on day 32 or something when I took the test on Mother's Day. By Friday, still no period and I just happened to take another test around 9:45 that evening before I went to bed. BFP came through on the test and I bought a digital the next day to confirm. 

• Options
    Constant nausea for over a week and a headache that just wouldn't go away. I thought I had gotten AF so thought I was out. Then last night my hands swelled up so much my wedding ring was cutting into my finger in the middle of the night. Took a test today and BFP!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    WinterPumpkinWinterPumpkin member
    edited January 2016
    A very faint line on wondfo cheapies
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Sore boobs, which normally happened a few days before my period was due but they started hurting almost a week and a half before my period and they were a lot more painful than usual. Til this day they still hurt but are also growing like crazy.
    Expecting baby #1 August 2016 
    Already have three furbabies- Blake, Sydney, and Chester 

• Options
    Foods i normally like began to not sit right in my stomach. And i felt more horomonal then usally towards the week i was supposed to get my period.
  • Options
    I was so exhausted for no reason for about three days before my period was supposed to come. I slept a good amount at night but I was falling asleep on my way to work and when I got home from work I took a nap. I couldnt understand why i was so tired. A friend of mine said I might be pregnant so I took a test and a faint positive appeared.
  • Options
    Sore boobs, which is a PMS sign for me. I thought I wasn't overdue, but I did a calculation and was a week late. Not unheard of and I had come back from being overseas for a while. Took a test (it didn't make a line but a dot) then tested two hours later and got the BFP. Looking back I was also exhausted for a week before my period was due but I didn't think much of it because I had been overseas for school then traveling with family so I didn't find it that weird.
    DD: Beatrix Louise aka BeeBop. April 2 2016. H.I.E Warrior <3
  • Options
    I had period-like cramping (a bit milder though) but my period never came. So I took the test, and there it was :smiley: 
  • Options
    I was offered a beer at my in-laws house one weekend and drinking it made me nauseous, I tested the next day (3 days before AF due) and BFP
  • Options
    I actually had implantation bleeding at 10dpo. My LP is usually 12-13 days and at 10dpo I had blood tinged CM, I never spotted or started bleeding before 12dpo before the cycle with the BFP. I knew I could be pregnant because I still had sore boobs. Every other cycle my breast tenderness went away 1-2 days before bleeding started, but I was bleeding with sore boobs so I knew something was up. I didn't test until 12dpo and turned a digital that morning. I had spotting from 10dpo until 14dpo and then no spotting after that. From lurking these boards I really didn't think implantation bleeding happened to people, but it did to me!
  • Options
    We were trying, so I knew it was a possibility but I was really wary of symptom spotting and since all of my symptoms felt like PMS, I thought I was out for sure. I had mild cramping, moodiness, and fatigue starting around 7DPO, earlier than usual PMS but the same symptoms. The only thing that stood out to me was my skin started breaking out, which rarely happens to me. I took a test at 10DPO so I could drink wine at our nice dinner, and I was so shocked that I got a positive on multiple tests! Now I can see though the warnings not to symptom spot, because it really was exactly the same as PMS for me!
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• Options
    A huge spike in my temp at DPO 10. Like 1.3 degrees. I hadn't even been planning on testing that day since I'd had a feeling all month this wasn't going to be the one for us. Even though it was 445 in the morning I snuck into the guest bathroom to test and stared at it for 10 minutes not believing the second line. 
  • Options
    With my first I was on the pill so when my pack finished and my period never started I took a test about a week later. Looking back over that week I was exhausted and dizzy, but just thought I was getting sick. Now I know it was early pregnancy. We were trying with the next two so a big temp spike followed by a positive test. 

• Options
    My breasts hurt and my nipples looked like they did with my last 2 pregnancies.   Plus the missed period! 
  • Options
    I was at my BootCamp workout and doing an ab exercise felt off. 
  • Options

In previous cycles I would symptom spot like crazy, take multiple tests and then - devastation when AF came. I decided to take zero tests and just wait for AF (I temped and charted so I still kind of knew what was going on). I kept waiting for AF to come during the holidays but it never did but my temps weren't that high so I didn't get my hopes up. Couple days after Christmas my back was really hurting (playing board games) so I took a test and it was positive.

• Options
    Well.. this is my 2nd pregnancy and this may sounds funny but probably a week before i took my test i had a breastfeeding dream ans somehow i knew. Pretty crazy. 
  • Options
    DH and I were trying. I noticed that my boobs were so sore which they normally aren't before my period and I was exhausted. Both of these could be period symptoms so I tried not to look into it too much. I was 2 days late and I went ahead and decided to test so that I would just know. I got my BFP yesterday so I guess they were kind of signs for me but I wasn't convinced until I peed on two tests and they both came back  positive in like 10 seconds.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I was waking up crazy hours (like 3 am wide awake) and knew something was up.
    + 6/1/11, due 2/12/12. natural m/c @ 8wks
    + 9/3/11, due May 2012. overdue baby born healthy!
    + 8/3/15, natural m/c @ 5wks
    + 1/4/16, due 9/14/16

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    This is my first pregnancy, and I couldn't help but notice that a lot of the "early signs of pregnancy" are really similar to "signs you're about to get your period" but my husband was driving me CRAZY the week leading up to when I should've gotten my period. Everything he said and did just irritated the hell out of me. I was going to wait until I was a few days late to test but one night I was so irritated with him that I went in the bathroom and peed on the damn stick and lo and behold, a great big digital PREGNANT.

So then I cried (joyfully) for about 45 minutes.
  • Options
    Both with my CP and this pregnancy, my first symptoms have been reflux and extremely itchy hands/feet (palms/soles).

I found out early with both pregnancies since we did IUI and then IVF (so they tested relatively soon after the procedure, before I would have missed my period), but I already had symptoms both times.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    With our first we came back from our honeymoon and in the airport I got really dizzy. I thought I was dehydrated, but water didn't seem to help. That was about a week before I got the BFP and I kind of knew something was up.

With this one there weren't really many signs. Maybe a full feeling in my boobs and they were tingly like when they were producing for DD, I took a test a day before AF was due and got a negative.  I was really disappointed, but I took another one the next day and got my bfp.