July 2016 Moms

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Alright, here's mine: I will judge the hell out of you if you think SeaWorld is doing anything in the way of animal cruelty, unless you are anti captivity. And by anti captivity I mean anti zoo, anti circus and anything else that contains animals. If your family will go to the zoo or Disney and won't go to SeaWorld, you are highly, highly misinformed. SeaWorld takes care of their animals amazingly well, and anyone who sees them as doing something wrong should instead look to Lolita at Miami Seaquarium (very sad situation).

@quartz02 I hope you and your family has a great time at SeaWorld! It's one of my favorite places.

My sister is anti captivity. No zoo or anything like that. She refused to go to the GA Aquarium with us. You know, thr words biggest a d new one. It was amazing BTW.
  • Loading the player...
  • TaymillerTaymiller member
    edited January 2016

Taymiller said:

@noelietrex - why no infant car seat?

We just don't want the infant base and detachable carrier. So we're registered for a convertible infant-to-toddler one that is installed and stays in the car permanently. Basically I want us to wear or hold the baby and not carry around a car seat. I didn't know it was a radical idea until MIL looked at my registry...

Qbf
    And that way you don't have to buy two car seats! We already have that infant seat and with two it will be kinda necessary for us. Wear one carry the other :)
  • @PinkLady2015 - I have a weird pen thing. I can only use one kind and I special order them. They are seriously the most amazing and best pens ever!
  • Taymiller said:
    @PinkLady2015 - I have a weird pen thing. I can only use one kind and I special order them. They are seriously the most amazing and best pens ever!

I'm intrigued--- what kind are they?!
  • TM14 said:

Confession....today was my last day at work and I made sure to do as little as possible. Especially when this one coworker was watching me. It made me so happy to see her pissed off.

This makes me so excited to give my 5 min notice when I can.

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Taymiller said:

@PinkLady2015 - I have a weird pen thing. I can only use one kind and I special order them. They are seriously the most amazing and best pens ever!

I'm intrigued--- what kind are they?!

I don't know what kind but they are used for advertising. They come in a bunch of different colors but I have them in pink. Ignore my super awesome camo leggings :).
  • It's so hard for me to take posts seriously when they don't have at least SOME punctuation. I don't mean perfect grammar and punctuation, I know we aren't feeling great and most of us are posting via phone, but it's so hard to follow a post when there are, like, 3 thoughts running into each other. At least hit the return button a few times please?
  • @noelietrex in hindsight I would have saved the money and gotten a convertable carseat as well. Although the infant carseat/stroller travel system was convenient, that carseat was damn heavy and I couldn't carry her far in it anyways. The main benefit for us was our fluctuating weather - a nice warm carseat for the baby when it was -40C was a big bonus (January newborn in northern BC). I'm hoping to babywear a lot more this time around, too. DD was kind of hit and miss with it.

@SparkySunshine I used to want 4, DH wanted 3. We had DD and both dropped our number down to 2. 

@mckcak23 People like that are so fucking obnoxious. I'd be tempted to ask her where she went to med school, but even if she was a doctor she'd be obnoxious for assuming to know more about your health than you and your doctors.

@quartz02 I had a definite love-hate with breastfeeding too. So bittersweet to stop as it felt great to have my body back to being my own but sad to end that chapter. Good luck this time around!
  • @DobbysSock I don't have much hope convincing him of less then 4. When I first started being really sick (6 weeks) he looked at me, dead serious, and says "Well your already a quarter of the way done!" I asked him how he figured, since the math didnt match up. He points to the toddler and says " She's out, and you only have to do this 3 more times! " I could have punched him
  • Here's a really mean horrible one: when smokers walk indoors surrounded in a cloud of smoke I think I should be allowed to scream at them "THIRD HAND SMOKE IS PROVEN TO DAMAGE LUNGS!" I also hope they die of cancer real fast or set themselves on fire by accident because it's not okay to force everyone everywhere you go to breathe in your horrible cloud of third hand smoke. Especially while pregnant I'm giving OBVIOUS stink eye, sighs, and moving far away because you wreak and I shouldn't have to breathe in that toxic sh*t! Flame away!

When working in fast food I felt the same when people who came through the drive through were smoking. F off assholes!
  • Here's a really mean horrible one: when smokers walk indoors surrounded in a cloud of smoke I think I should be allowed to scream at them "THIRD HAND SMOKE IS PROVEN TO DAMAGE LUNGS!" I also hope they die of cancer real fast or set themselves on fire by accident because it's not okay to force everyone everywhere you go to breathe in your horrible cloud of third hand smoke. Especially while pregnant I'm giving OBVIOUS stink eye, sighs, and moving far away because you wreak and I shouldn't have to breathe in that toxic sh*t! Flame away!

They stinkiest smokers always seem to sit right next to me on the bus/subway. I pull my scarf over my face and don't care how obvious I'm being.
  • @DobbysSock I don't have much hope convincing him of less then 4. When I first started being really sick (6 weeks) he looked at me, dead serious, and says "Well your already a quarter of the way done!" I asked him how he figured, since the math didnt match up. He points to the toddler and says " She's out, and you only have to do this 3 more times! " I could have punched him

@SparkySunshine oh my god I probably would have. That's the only thing that has gotten me through  (until my diclectin kicked in) - my mantra was: "you never have to do this again". 
  • I am so bagged and just want to go to bed but I have to walk the dogs first. So instead I am sitting on my couch contemplating wearing my robe in public and hoping the dogs magically figure out how to operate an elevator and take themselves out
  • I'm really scared for this next baby being the opposite of DD. Her pregnancy was rough and her delivery was hell, but as of about a week post-partum she's been a dream to parent for the most part. (I mean, she's still testing me lately but I'm trying to remind myself how much worse the toddler years could be)

So my confession: I remember before I got pregnant I looked at DH and said "What if our next kid is just a dud??" We both laughed and carried on with our day, but now that there's an actual little person involved I've been thinking of that joke and feeling a little guilty about it. Mostly about the whole idea that a kid who acts differently than DD won't be as good as her. So I'm trying to prepare myself for a more high maintenance baby and toddler just in case. Is it normal to worry your next kid won't be as awesome as your first??
  • @DobbysSock I think that's normal. With just 1 kid, they're your whole world and everything they do is amazing. 

side note: "the dud" is what I referred to my right breast as since it produced way less milk. LOL! 

• @DobbysSock
    I'm irrationally worried about the same thing. We will all love our children no matter their personality though! It's just weird to think of a different little person
  • @DobbysSock my husband and I are good at completely opposite things, so I've been joking that the kid will either be really well rounded or a dullard. Every once in a while I feel guilty about that joke. 

• While lurking another BMB, I was reading a thread about co-sleeping. SO many women practice bed-sharing and that scares the bejesus out of me. There is not a single ounce of me that finds this okay, am flabbergasted at how many women bed share with infants and ignore all of the recommendations against it. The AAP does not condone bed sharing, though it seems like a lot of people think they do and that it's safe. I'm not saying that once in a blue moon you fall asleep with baby in bed while feeding and the world is going to end, but come on people. If anyone thinks that sharing a bed with a baby is safe and doesn't increase that child's chance of an untimely death, you just make my head and heart hurt for that baby. Place the baby in a pack and play or bassinet next to you, no need to risk your baby's life by letting them sleep in your bed.
    Flame away!
  • @Nerdchild I lost my father to colon cancer. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. I took care of him while he was in hospice at home, and stood by him while he took his last breaths. Everything you wrote I can understand 100%. I'll never forget any of it. I'm sorry for your loss ❤️
  • ncm1919ncm1919 member
    edited January 2016
    If you're going to wish cancer on someone, at least do it in a grammatically correct fashion. It's reek, not wreak. Ugly word mix up for a truly ugly comment.

• @benten24 I disagree with you there.
  • @benten24 We don't plan on bed sharing because our bed is small and I'm prone to flailing at night, but we are planning on a next to the bed co-sleeper. You're comment DID make me think about a conversation the other day where a friend who is a doula was talking about how accidentally falling asleep in a recliner or a rocker with a baby because you get up in the middle of the night and you don't want to take the baby back to bed with you is way more dangerous than co-sleeping. She made a great point about how things get risky when we're sleep deprived, and it definitely made me feel good about the idea of having the baby next to me and easily accessible in those early months. 

• I agree with you @benten24. We have friends that co slept initially because of their fear of the infancy stage and the baby stopping breathing. Their kids are now 5 and 7 and all four of them still sleep in one bed. My aunt did the same and slept with her son until he was 13! This is all because once they got the habit of it the kids literally couldn't be put to bed without the parent going to bed with them. I also share this fear at probably an irrational level, however I plan on using a bassinet until the baby is 6 months or so and then transition to the crib. It may happen sooner or later than the 6 month mark but that is up to the baby to decide. I also want to invest in the owlet monitor that measures the baby's oxygen levels. It seems expensive but it will keep my fears at bay. I do have a friend that did fall asleep with her child a couple times while feeding in bed and that is just going to happen. I honestly am such an angry sleeper that our dog sleeps on my husband's side of the bed for safety. Kind of curious to see if anyone else has used or is planning to use this monitor?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @benten24 - I agree with you. We are not bedsharers but I also don't judge you if you do. We were lucky enough to have an awesome sleeper. My friends that bed share were desperate and it was the only way they got sleep. Personally I would not be able to sleep with the baby in the bed, I would be to nervous. Also DH is a doctor and yes it is a big no no to bedshare :)

I think co-sleeper things are a perfect compromise and keep baby safe. We do the pack and play in our room. Hopefully baby number 2 will be a great sleeper.
  • @DobbysSock my husband and I are good at completely opposite things, so I've been joking that the kid will either be really well rounded or a dullard. Every once in a while I feel guilty about that joke. 
    @elenabrent I'm so relieved I'm not the only one who's made a joke like that haha
  • Alright no longer Friday, but I have one last confession to add (and this may get me more hate from the admins/mods than anyone else)...

I don't use the report function on here. I know we are supposed to in order to 'keep the bump a safe place' or whatever, but if someone pisses me off enough I just 'block/ignore' their account. I'm glad that others report because there are some women who just gotsta go, but I'm some combination of too lazy/my give a f*** broke.
  • My children did not sleep unless in your arms. There are safe ways to bed share.

My kids are 1.5 years and 5 years, and they sleep in their beds every night
  • @DobbysSock I have a theory about 2nd children and it seems to hold fairly true. I'm the youngest....my sister was a rough delivery, easy child. I was an easy delivery, TERRIBLE child. I have talked with other 2x mom's that experienced the same thing. Ds was a TERRIBLE pregnancy (towards the end), but a great baby. I have a feeling this pregnancy will run a little smoother, but will probably be a little bugger once born (obviously I'm already prepared still will love them Yada yada). So yes. I have joked that this baby will probably be a pain in the booty like I was as a baby lol

• .@afrazer521 that's so funny - I actually tell myself all the time that DD is my reward for a really emotionally and physically difficult pregnancy and traumatic delivery. So far my morning sickness is just as bad as it was with DD, so maybe that's a "good" sign haha.

I do feel like a lot of people I know with more than one kid, the second one was almost always the opposite of the first (easy first/hard second or hard first/easy second) BUT I have one friend who had an easy first baby, and then "easy" twins (as easy as twins can be), and my mom says all four of her kids were easy (although I think she might have grandma rose-coloured glasses), so they give me hope.
  • AAAG13 said:

I agree with you @benten24. We have friends that co slept initially because of their fear of the infancy stage and the baby stopping breathing. Their kids are now 5 and 7 and all four of them still sleep in one bed. My aunt did the same and slept with her son until he was 13! This is all because once they got the habit of it the kids literally couldn't be put to bed without the parent going to bed with them. I also share this fear at probably an irrational level, however I plan on using a bassinet until the baby is 6 months or so and then transition to the crib. It may happen sooner or later than the 6 month mark but that is up to the baby to decide. I also want to invest in the owlet monitor that measures the baby's oxygen levels. It seems expensive but it will keep my fears at bay. I do have a friend that did fall asleep with her child a couple times while feeding in bed and that is just going to happen. I honestly am such an angry sleeper that our dog sleeps on my husband's side of the bed for safety. Kind of curious to see if anyone else has used or is planning to use this monitor?

Some friends of mine beta tested the owlet and LOVE it. The mobile app won't let me paste the link, but if you Google "blissfulinblue.com" and "owlet" you can read her review. :)
  • .@afrazer521 that's so funny - I actually tell myself all the time that DD is my reward for a really emotionally and physically difficult pregnancy and traumatic delivery. So far my morning sickness is just as bad as it was with DD, so maybe that's a "good" sign haha.

I do feel like a lot of people I know with more than one kid, the second one was almost always the opposite of the first (easy first/hard second or hard first/easy second) BUT I have one friend who had an easy first baby, and then "easy" twins (as easy as twins can be), and my mom says all four of her kids were easy (although I think she might have grandma rose-coloured glasses), so they give me hope.

I think it's a rule of 2. If you're planning on only 2 that's the pattern. More than that and my theory goes out the window haha. Official theory of me.

• @marowan I love her review! I am super obsessed with this monitor and have convinced my hubby that the money is worth the piece of mind. Thank you for the information, it was great to see a real person's story about the owlet!
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"