July 2016 Moms

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ButterMyBiscuit Terrible. I remember those people not so fondly. In my experience, they ruled our community colleges! I didn't find as many once I transferred to my state school. Incentive to move on quickly for me!

One good thing my ex-boyfriend did for me, teach me the difference from the letter O and zero. I can still hear him say, O is a letter not a number! Whenever I hear people use the letter in place of the number it makes me cringe inside. My mother refuses to accept this! It will definitely be something I make a point to teach our child as he/she gets older!
  • Options
    @TiffRox81 Oh, this is a private college. We're both adult students but she sucks. Really sucks.
  • Options
    @ButterMyBiscuit , I only wash my hair once a week. During this summer, I was able to go 11 days between washes.
  • Options
    @ButterMyBiscuit , I only wash my hair once a week. During this summer, I was able to go 11 days between washes.
    If I didn't sleep like a crazy person, I would totally do that.
  • Options
    @ButterMyBiscuit Worse!! A private school and she's constantly unprepared?! I would be so annoyed. I hate when people get off track in staff meetings. I would be super irritated if I was paying to spend time with the intention of getting something out of a class. Ugh!!!
  • Options
    TiffRox81 said:
    @ButterMyBiscuit Worse!! A private school and she's constantly unprepared?! I would be so annoyed. I hate when people get off track in staff meetings. I would be super irritated if I was paying to spend time with the intention of getting something out of a class. Ugh!!!
    My thoughts, exactly. And somehow, she's graduating this Spring.
  • Options
    @ButterMyBiscuit so you're saying I SHOULDN'T punch them? Mmmkay. Snark will have to do.

Thanks for the reminder, you're right. Also I couldn't remember if we were allowed to write fuck on here, so appreciate that confirmation.
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    @ButterMyBiscuit so you're saying I SHOULDN'T punch them? Mmmkay. Snark will have to do.

Thanks for the reminder, you're right. Also I couldn't remember if we were allowed to write fuck on here, so appreciate that confirmation.
    Haha, you don't want to bloody up your knuckles, do you? Snark will do. ;)
  • Options
    @ButterMyBiscuit I have some nice chunky rings though. Or there's always kicks to the face. Mix things up.

Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I must confess. While on the TTGP board, the millions of "show me your fur babies!!" posts were really getting irritating. I posted this picture to entertain myself. This...is not my dog.

Feel free to post this or something similar on the fur baby post I just started haha
  • Options
    @mandyjulie Yaaas! Pull a Chuck Norris on their asses!
  • Options
    made other people move so that she could sit next to ME. She proceeded to talk through the whole fucking movie.
    @ButterMyBiscuit Aw hell no. I can't stand people like this. I picture you with a good resting bitch face like Kanye, so why would she think to buddy up to you? I have an amazing RBF perfected, so most people stay away. But the weirdos seem to have a special ability to ignore a RBF and come over anyway.
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    made other people move so that she could sit next to ME. She proceeded to talk through the whole fucking movie.
    @ButterMyBiscuit Aw hell no. I can't stand people like this. I picture you with a good resting bitch face like Kanye, so why would she think to buddy up to you? I have an amazing RBF perfected, so most people stay away. But the weirdos seem to have a special ability to ignore a RBF and come over anyway.
    You would be correct. My RBF is borderline actual bitchy face. I could be totally wrong but she probably thinks that since we're both adult students, we're automatically buddies. This is SO far from the truth. Honestly, I'm there to get my education and leave. I'm not there to bond with other students. I have grown-up shit to handle.
  • Options
    @Nerdchild I hate overly girly stuff on babies too. We were Team Green, which I think helped steer people to actual useful stuff to buy (rock n play, bouncer, bottles, etc). However, once DD was born, you bet some folks sent the girly clothes/headbands/bows right on over. (we lived out of state so this was mailed)

Maybe it's just because my daughter had a TON of hair, but I really didn't mind the (small) bows because she needed them before long. However, my kid will never have one of those ridiculous, giant bows on her head. Yuck.
  • Options
    @ButterMyBiscuit Oh okay, she thinks she found common ground. Another weirdo super tactic. Yeah, I was in grad school a couple years ago and wasn't there to make pals either. It was weekend classes so as soon as classed ended, I GTFO. 
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @TattoosandLace If either partner vetoes a name, it's done. You can't be expected to suddenly like one if you don't. Are you even on the same wavelength about it, like are similar names in your wheelhouse? 

I would be just as tempted as you to find out the sex at your A/S. 
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Natinat6 said:

@RachelT1234 - this is my boy Archie, voted the worlds ugliest dog. My husband and I adore Archie.

Make sure you buy him a sweater like my little peanut is wearing. :)
  • Options
    Nerdchild said:
    FFFC: The main reason I don't want a baby shower is because I don't want my husband's extended family inviting themselves and hijacking it. I know they will go completely off registry, which would be fine, but we are remaining gender neutral for the clothing and bedding. I don't like the girl clothes I've been seeing at all, they are freaking hideous, so if we do end up having a girl I don't want the sparkly tutu's and rainbow unicorn kittens pooping out flowers. I'm actually considering keeping the sex a closely guarded secret (us, my mother and sister, his father and brother all sworn to secrecy), because if we have a girl I don't want all of the pink and flowers and gross everywhere. You can like your girly stuff. I hate it. If my kid decides to like it one day, I will let him/her have all of that crap. Right now, it's my decision and I say no.
    ok, I'd wear a tutu with a rainbow unicorn kittens pooping out flowers, now is it unicorns and kittens or a unicorn kitten hybrid?

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Flu, diarrhea, vomiting so I have officially called into work but fun fact my in laws are coming tonight so I somehow have to manage to rally to clean a little bit and shower so I don't look like a vomit monster from hell... All the while husband is trying to tell me I should get through work no just no
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @Taymiller that so beats my banana.

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Flu, diarrhea, vomiting so I have officially called into work but fun fact my in laws are coming tonight so I somehow have to manage to rally to clean a little bit and shower so I don't look like a vomit monster from hell... All the while husband is trying to tell me I should get through work no just no

Oh hell no! Why are they even coming over if you have the flu??
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    @mandyjulie the name he wants isn't as bad as others he's suggested -- it's Amelia Ann(e). I just don't like it. Amelia was a mean girl in my grade school. He doesn't want an 'e' at the end of Ann, but will "compromise" with me on the e. Big compromise there.

I downloaded a baby name app that could potentially help. How it's designed is both partners download it and connect to each other. If you like a name, you swipe it to the right. If you don't, swipe left. A name won't save as a "favorite" unless you both swipe right. H won't download it. So I've been using it to pull random names up to throw out there. Nothing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"