July 2016 Moms
Options

NT Scan and Gender

2»

Re: NT Scan and Gender

• Options
    Can I be ignorant for a minute and ask about all these blood tests? My last OB appt he asked if we wanted to do any genetic screening and we said no, but I see so many women on here getting bloodwork and all these tests done (not going to lie, I would love to know baby's sex earlier), but we aren't exactly high risk for any type of "genetic issues" so I assumed I would have to shell out a pretty penny for any extra tests since insurance will probably see them as unnecessary? Sorry I didn't exactly phrase this in the form of a question, but is the extra bloodwork really necessary? 
    If you are young (under 35), have no family history, or other issues that make you High Risk, then no.. you honestly dont need it.
    Also, not all screening shows the sex of the baby. I had a genetic screening with #2, and they said that since I dont have any sex-linked diseases/issues that they did not do that portion of the test. That child is 1.5 years old, so not over long ago.
    This child, they ran the whole gament. They (my providers), said it is better to know the whole picture.
  • Options

Can I be ignorant for a minute and ask about all these blood tests? My last OB appt he asked if we wanted to do any genetic screening and we said no, but I see so many women on here getting bloodwork and all these tests done (not going to lie, I would love to know baby's sex earlier), but we aren't exactly high risk for any type of "genetic issues" so I assumed I would have to shell out a pretty penny for any extra tests since insurance will probably see them as unnecessary? Sorry I didn't exactly phrase this in the form of a question, but is the extra bloodwork really necessary? 

The NT is different than say the harmony test they at different things and Harmony is more inclusive in what it looks at most insurance won't cover it unless you are listed high risk if you are under a certain age. We did the NT because it gave us a little information (screening) to alert us if we should be more on our guard about if our baby was more at risk for 3 different genetic disorders (I think that's the term for it)
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Loading the player...
  • Options

The NT scan is also called the first trimester screening and almost always covered by insurance (from my experience) Even if you don't have any specific risks you are aware of, it can give you a lot of information. I always think it's important to be as informed as possible.

Me: 33 DH: 32 SA#1 low count (6mil) SA#2- now in IUI range!(30mil) Dx:MFI
    11/1- IUI#1,12/1- IUI#2, 1/2- IUI#3 all BFFN
    IVF#1. Long Lupron.ER 3/8 10R,4M,5F. ET 3/3-one 1AB, 2 frosties 5dp5dt-BFP!! Beta 3/25-794 Beta 3/27- 1794
    First u/s 4/8 saw hb. 4/22 missed mc 8w3d. d&c 4/26
    FET #1- bcp start 6/9. ET 7/12. 2 perfect blasts.5dpt-BFP!! 
    Beta 7/24 -1,239!! Beta 7/26- 2569 Beta 7/29- 7120.  U/S 8/7 hb 118! U/S 8/14 hb 143! U/S 8/20 hb 170. Graduated!! Stick baby stick! 

• Options

The NT is different than say the harmony test they at different things and Harmony is more inclusive in what it looks at most insurance won't cover it unless you are listed high risk if you are under a certain age. We did the NT because it gave us a little information (screening) to alert us if we should be more on our guard about if our baby was more at risk for 3 different genetic disorders (I think that's the term for it)
    Harmony is more accurate than the NT scan and blood test, actually.

IVF#1. Long Lupron.ER 3/8 10R,4M,5F. ET 3/3-one 1AB, 2 frosties 5dp5dt-BFP!! Beta 3/25-794 Beta 3/27- 1794
    Beta 7/24 -1,239!! Beta 7/26- 2569 Beta 7/29- 7120.  U/S 8/7 hb 118! U/S 8/14 hb 143! U/S 8/20 hb 170. Graduated!! Stick baby stick! 

• Options
    htn1763 said:

Harmony is more accurate than the NT scan and blood test, actually.

Yes I know that...is what I said... Because I wasn't covered by insurance for harmony and is also why I called the NT test a screening....

• Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 who is your insurance? I have crap Cigna and they covered it which is shocking in its own right. I'm not over 35 or high risk. Curious question.

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Lindsayleigh1989 sorry, I thought you meant inconclusive.

• Options

@Lindsayleigh1989 who is your insurance? I have crap Cigna and they covered it which is shocking in its own right. I'm not over 35 or high risk. Curious question.

I have a crappy medica plan but switching to DH's now that it is the new year it was going to be super expensive and we couldn't afford it on mine.

• Options
    @BostonBaby1 glad to hear you don't need to do amniocentesis !

• Options
    She wasn't basing it off if the 3 lines. She was basing it off the angle of the nub. All nubs look the same at this point.
  • Options
    I got the NT and Panorama blood test and will get the results back and know for sure next week. Just curious what you all have experienced and thought
  • Options
    The blood work used with the NT scan us much less accurate and much less in depth then the Harmony, Panorama, MaterniT21...
  • Options
    My insurance covered the genetic bloodwork even being low risk under 35 (I'm 28 this month)
  • Options
    You know @djham88 , you can do one long post instead of posting 4 times in a row.

Also, the 'Nub' has been scientifically debunked. It is no more accurate than the ring test.
  • Options
    Sorry, I was giving 2 kids a bath and realized I hadn't read all the comments. And that's not true at all lol. Its the one theory that's been studied and scientifically proved to be 95% correct at 13 weeks...
  • Options
    And yes I am aware I sound like a total creeper :)
  • Options

Taymiller said:

And yes I am aware I sound like a total creeper :)

I don't think so I also am rooting for all our pgal moms and everyday I see them here it makes me happy!
    Truth!