July 2016 Moms
Options

Anterior Placenta

1235»

Re: Anterior Placenta

• Options
    TiffRox81 said:
    I have the lovely anterior placenta, also! I'm 22 weeks 4 days. I've felt some regular little movements for a while now, but does anyone have some previous experience on when the bigger kicks can be felt? My poor husband is so anxious to feel the baby, I'm starting to feel bad!
    I am chubby with anterior placenta and with my first I was able to feel big kicks from the outside around 30 weeks. 
  • Options
    TiffRox81 said:
    I have the lovely anterior placenta, also! I'm 22 weeks 4 days. I've felt some regular little movements for a while now, but does anyone have some previous experience on when the bigger kicks can be felt? My poor husband is so anxious to feel the baby, I'm starting to feel bad!
    Good question. How many weeks until one can feel the baby from the outside (in your experiences of those who have gotten there?)
    @TiffRox81 @BostonBaby1 last time around it was sometime after 28 weeks. Definitely 3rd tri stuff for me.

Bummer for husbands but hey, it's a private bond you get to have with your LO for a little longer -- how I choose to see it!
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 22 and I have seen my stomach move once but haven't felt anything on the outside. I think I may be able to if she is very low and would kick hard potentially. Hang in there @TiffRox81 I don't get strong movements yet either just more subtle unless really low
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    21+5 I am feeling some kicks from the outside. My husband felt 4 in a row last night 
  • Options
    KASGKASG member
    edited March 2016
    I can feel it from the outside, but it requires too much patience for DH. I literally sit with my hand on my belly like all night trying to feel it. He's not about to do that lol
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    ladythriceladythrice member
    edited March 2016
    I'm 20w4d and actually felt the baby from the outside this week. I could relatively early (around the same time) with DS as well but it was infrequent at best. The best time to feel it is when you feel them moving a lot inside and you are in a position where extra fluff can't impede feeling them (lying down, sitting in a desk chair where they are forced low in the bump, etc).

With DS I remember being able to feel him from the outside maybe once a week this early. And it was never frequent enough that DH would be able to feel him after I felt the movement.

I usually (this pregnancy once and a lot with DS) felt the early outside movements while lying reclined in bed while watching TV with my hand on my stomach (lower belly, just above the pubic bone area... by my C/S scar lol).

DS: EDD, December 19th, 2014. Born, December 19th, 2014!
    DD: EDD, July 18th, 2016. Born, July 19th, 2016!
    CafeMom Tickers

Baby #3: EDD, April 16th, 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    TiffRox81 said:
    Good question. How many weeks until one can feel the baby from the outside (in your experiences of those who have gotten there?)
    I could feel baby from the outside at 22 weeks. H still doesn't want to try yet. I think he doesn't want to get his hopes up and not be able to feel her. 
  • Options
    My H finally felt our baby girl for the first time 2 nights ago @ 22w4d. It took a bit of patience and concentration but it was so rewarding! I feel her loads now internally so it feels like she is growing well. Yay!
  • Options
    cpockscpocks member
    edited March 2016
    Just wait until they get stronger and the movement wakes you all night but I'm happy to feel her!!!
  • Options
    Just found out that I am joining the anterior placenta club...I was wondering why I wasn't feeling that much movement at 20 weeks.  Anyways, I also found out that I have a circumvallate placenta, which can actually have some serious complications like growth restriction, placenta abruption, and pre-term labor, etc....great. So, now I get to make a visit over to the MFM doc as well since I'm now high-risk. Didn't seem like there was much info out there about circumvallate placenta on Dr. Google and my OB was pretty vague about it other then I'll probably have to do several more growth scans.  Definitely scared the crap out of me but hoping for the best!!
  • Options
    I have an anterior placenta and a tilted uterus. So, not only do I not look pregnant at 22 weeks, I can't feel anything either. But all of my insides are being pushed up like I'm further along... eating big meals sucks. I can commiserate here!
  • Options
    @n00bsweetpea I am sure you will feel your baby soon enough! I read some people don't until week 26 even later too. Don't fret! I'm sure it is going to happen for you! 
  • Options
    elenabrentelenabrent member
    edited March 2016
    Add me to the club! I'm 23 weeks and have an anterior marginal previa, which explains why I've only felt the baby deep in my belly or on the left side. I've been feeling a lot of movement since 18 or 19 weeks and now I can feel him from the outside! My husband has yet to feel the baby but he is impatient and moves his hand after 30 seconds. I haven't seen the belly move yet! 

My midwife said that the low lying placenta (given it moves enough for a vaginal birth) means she'll have to "manage the placenta" during delivery more. I didn't think much of it when she said it, but now I'm really curious what all that will involve. 

• Options
    Tomorrow I will be 21 weeks with my second and I have felt nothing yet... Last time my placenta was off to the side a bit so I started feeling DD at 24 weeks, I'm a little bummed but know that this time I actually have a large placenta that covers my entire front so not to expect anything for a few more weeks possibly. I did have a dream I was feeling kicks...
  • Options
    @elenabrent I am so curious what placenta management entails. 
  • Options
    @Puddles03 sorry you are having a difficult time feeling little one. I've found with mine have definitely gotten stronger and more noticeable between 22 and now 23 weeks. Hopefully you get some little knocks from little one soon! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    As usual I'm late to the game, but joining the club. So hi! I've known since 13 weeks I have an anterior placenta. I felt baby move for the first time at 19+1 (compared to about 15 weeks during my last pregnancy, this felt like an eternity!) and my husband was able to feel and see movement from the outside the very next day! I'm currently 21+1 and I feel baby move/kick a couple times a days for about 10-15 minute stretches. 9pm seems to be the magic hour for our kiddo. 

• Options
    @elenabrent I too have that, except they described it "your placenta is very low, it's right next to the "exit"" hahahaha.  Hoping it'll move or it's potentially another c section.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So weird, I just found out today I have a low lying anterior placenta.  I started feeling this baby VERY early on, like around 14 weeks.  I feel him hard and can even see my belly move occasionally from the outside and my husband has felt the little dude a few times.  I wonder if its because my anterior placenta is low lying.  I was surprised to find this out to say the least.  I guess the only complications that could arise is that it is covering my cervix and if it doesnt move before labor it can cause issues, but he is not worried as of right now. 
  • Options
    @lolomommy1 did they warn you of potential bleeding in the third trimester?  They said that sometimes when the placenta moves it can bleed, nothing to worry about but get checked.

• Options
    I, too, have an anterior placenta. Have felt some movements, but not really from the outside (I'm just over 21 weeks) The ultrasound tech said an anterior placenta can increase the likelihood of a posterior baby (face up). My first son was posterior and it was A LOT of pushing. Fingers crossed this one cooperates. He's a boy too, though, so I don't count on his cooperation. :)
  • Options
    Lurking from August... 
    I'm glad I read this thread today, we just got back from our 16w ultrasound for the twins and I have a rather large anterior placenta which both twins are sharing!  For some reason I wasn't too surprised by this, however she did say it would probably be another month or so before I felt anything.  Glad to hear you ladies are finally starting to feel things, I feel good reading that it will eventually happen! :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Pankers said:
    @lolomommy1 did they warn you of potential bleeding in the third trimester?  They said that sometimes when the placenta moves it can bleed, nothing to worry about but get checked.
    No, my ob didnt mention bleeding.  All he said was that I still have so much growing left that it is common for the placenta to move before labor. 
  • Options
    Finally at 21 weeks I have some regular movement and my hubby can feel it!  Yay.  Bit weird I was at a funeral today and it would not keep still, so DH put his hand on my side tonight and felt it.