July 2016 Moms
Options

Anterior Placenta

Re: Anterior Placenta

• Options
    So, I think i felt movement yesterday (17 weeks).  I was sitting in a meeting and all of a sudden felt like a "swoop" on the right side of my bump inside of me.  I waited to see if it was gas (hehe) but nothing.  And it didn't happen again.  I didn't move for like 5 minutes with this "oh my god" face.  Not sure if it was, but i'd like to think so :) 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I felt her lots and today nothing!!!
  • Options
    I almost wish I hadn't felt her move because I feel just even more anxious having not felt her anymore 
    Same here!!! I was told I also have an anterior placenta. I've felt small rolls and such that feel similar to gas, but I haven't felt them in several days. Dr appt went great yesterday and little one was moving around but I couldn't feel anything. Bah humbug. 
    Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • Options
    Ladies as soon as I posted I felt one small movement lower so maybe that was her. Also I've been walking around at a convention all day so that probably is why too? 
  • Options
    Taymiller said:
    I only feel mine when I am laying down in bed. I even turn off the tv so I can concentrate haha. I have only felt this one once so far. Soon it will be all the time and soon I will be annoyed with the foot being jammed into my ribs :)
    This! I completely agree, I so would rather be annoyed with rib punches than no movement at all. Soon it'll be more consistent - trying to be patient sucks.
    Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • Options
    hallgire said:
    Taymiller said:
    I only feel mine when I am laying down in bed. I even turn off the tv so I can concentrate haha. I have only felt this one once so far. Soon it will be all the time and soon I will be annoyed with the foot being jammed into my ribs :)
    This! I completely agree, I so would rather be annoyed with rib punches than no movement at all. Soon it'll be more consistent - trying to be patient sucks.
    ^^*All of this! From both of you 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @BostonBaby1 that is such a good reminder! 

• Options
    I was told at my A/S I had an anterior placenta. Dr said it may be a little longer before I feel anything because of that and my extra fluff. I'm almost 21 weeks STM and I've noticed flutters more and more this week. They almost feel like a little tick or spasm..especially on my cervix and bladder. Ohhh my poor bladder
  • Options
    I'm feeling my girl a little more frequently. She must be able to hear because I went to church and she kicked to the music. I also went and saw the worst movie ever Zoolander 2 (not worth the $$) but she kicked all the way through... Perhaps the sound of the speakers? 
  • Options
    That's so awesome! Yeah I'd agree I feel her morning and evenings the most. My husband actually felt one kick today. 
  • Options
    Yay! I've been feeling my baby girl rolling and kicking quite well now for the past week. I'm 21w2d. I was worried with the anterior placenta and super tall combo I've got going on, it would be another few weeks. It's so encouraging to feel her!
  • Options
    @BostonBaby1 that is definitely where I have felt little girl and a very similar feeling! Exciting though! Fingers crossed you get some more little feelings soon! I started feeling her at the end of my 20th week and feel her almost daily now and I'm 21 and 1

• Options
    I just let out a huge shriek because it was the biggest kick yet! It actually freaked me out. I'm 20 + 2
  • Options
    I got a serious of like ten hard kicks tonight, right when I was bitching about everything too. I think the baby was telling me to chill. It was pretty awesome. 
  • Options
    Taymiller said:
    I *think* I felt baby tonight. It was really low and center and felt like a bump then roll??? I'm not positive but my first thought was "OMG!" And second was "how does anyone sleep through that?" 

Who knows though? Maybe it wasn't.

*eta- I am 20 weeks
    If you didn't fart right after I would say it is the baby!
    No gas but haven't felt anything since. Le sigh. As long as baby is okay in there.
  • Options
    Taymiller said:
    I *think* I felt baby tonight. It was really low and center and felt like a bump then roll??? I'm not positive but my first thought was "OMG!" And second was "how does anyone sleep through that?" 

Who knows though? Maybe it wasn't.

*eta- I am 20 weeks
    If you didn't fart right after I would say it is the baby!
    No gas but haven't felt anything since. Le sigh. As long as baby is okay in there.
    I am sure it was:) and at this point it's not regular to feel baby all the time so *try* not to stress too much. I can't wait to catch up with you ladies... 19 weeks today and nothing yet. I don't know what I would do without my Doppler. Do you have a Doppler or an appointment coming up soon that you could put some worry aside?!? 
  • Options
    I have felt baby move one time (two days ago) and nothing since. Stupid anterior placenta.

Although, that quick gut punch reminded me of how uncomfortable I got at the end of DS's pregnancy when he had no room to move and all my organs took a beating...

DS: EDD, December 19th, 2014. Born, December 19th, 2014!
    DD: EDD, July 18th, 2016. Born, July 19th, 2016!
    CafeMom Tickers

Baby #3: EDD, April 16th, 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Joining the group. I knew something was different this time since I felt my other boys at 14 and 16w. 19w5d and I've felt a few flutters here and there. Can't wait to feel him more though. I know I'll be bitchy and uncomfortable with burning rib pain at the end, but I just want to feel him already!! 

• Options
    @Puddles03  I had an ultrasound on Tuesday and baby looks great. Thank you! 
  • Options
    I'm guessing that since I started feeling some movement last week at 16 weeks, I must not be in the Anterior club. I'm also guessing that mine must be fundal (at the top) as opposed to posterior, but I'm just going off the shape of my belly and where I feel I feel the movement lol
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    My placenta is anterior and I only ever feel baby on the bottom left. 
  • Options
    My placenta is anterior and I only ever feel baby on the bottom left. 
    Yes! Mine is too and until this last week I never felt anything except in the bottom left corner. Now I can feel him in the the center more often at almost 22 weeks so I guess he's finally strong enough to punch through my placenta. 
  • Options
    I'm 18 weeks and pretty much nothing, I can feel the pulse in my hand, that's about it.  Boo.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Pankers it will happen. I began to feel movement at 19 weeks and your baby is moving but you may just not notice it yet! I promise it's going to happen really soon 
  • Options
    Thanks @cpocks , I actually didn't feel baby #1 till week 20 and I had no anterior placenta.  I just hoped because I knew what it felt like I'd feel it much earlier this time.....plus I'm a little fluffy round the edges.  10 more days to a/s to see it;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    calico34 said:
    I learned this week that baby A has a posterior placenta and baby B has an anterior placenta.  I don't know how normal it is but thought it was kinda interesting.  It also gave me some relief cause I was feeling A a lot more than B and was starting to worry.  
    That is interesting!

I had my anatomy scan last week, and they told me I had a posterior placenta, but at my 12 week ultrasound, I was told I had an anterior placenta. I have the printout to prove it! My OB said it didn't make a difference and not to worry about it (she's very chill.)
  • Options
    I have the lovely anterior placenta, also! I'm 22 weeks 4 days. I've felt some regular little movements for a while now, but does anyone have some previous experience on when the bigger kicks can be felt? My poor husband is so anxious to feel the baby, I'm starting to feel bad!
  • Options
    TiffRox81 said:
    I have the lovely anterior placenta, also! I'm 22 weeks 4 days. I've felt some regular little movements for a while now, but does anyone have some previous experience on when the bigger kicks can be felt? My poor husband is so anxious to feel the baby, I'm starting to feel bad!
    Good question. How many weeks until one can feel the baby from the outside (in your experiences of those who have gotten there?)
  • Options
    I'm 22+4 and I've felt some kicks from the outside but I have to really be paying attention and feeling around for them. @noelietrex I'm totally going to try the pillow speaker combo to see if I can get some more action! Maybe the pillow will help me be able to see, otherwise I feel like my boobs are in the way haha.