Baby Names
Options

Which Girl's Name?

vtmomin12vtmomin12 member
edited December 2015 in Baby Names
We're trying to narrow down our final list for DD2. DD1 is Maren. Middle name hasn't been finalized but will likely be Lucie, Blake or Marie. All are family names with great significance (only reason a male name made it into the running). I feel like I've combed through every name, but we're still open for suggestions! Bridget is the other name that I want to add to the list, but my husband isn't sold - but he's softening on the name a bit. I wanted Eliza before I found out this little one was a girl. My husband will only agree to the name if we give her the full name Elizabeth, and it's a family name, so I agree. Otherwise Elizabeth is too far up the popularity poll for me. Alexandra has been a long time favorite and one we considered with DD1. I love Vivienne and the nn Vivi. However, Is there too much of an association with Brad/Angelina? I do NOT want a celebrity name! :)

Which Girl's Name? 124 votes

Elizabeth (nn Eliza)
37% 47 votes
Alexandra
20% 26 votes
Vivienne
41% 51 votes

Re: Which Girl's Name?

• Options
    Excellent names including Bridget! While I adore Vivienne, it's trending and people think it and Vivian are interchangeable so it's a big turn off for me.  I love love love Eliza and Alexandra and truly can't decide between those two.  I think Eliza (elizabeth) and Maren though is my favorite sibset wise. 

• Options
    I have an Alexandra so I'm a bit biased but I like all of your names choices.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love Alexandra. Alexandra Lucie is great!
  • Options
    Great name choices! I voted Alexandra. Beautiful and I don't hear it as often as the others.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the feedback! It's such a hard decision. I probably should've added Bridget to the poll just in case my DH does jump on board.  :)

I have not met any little Eliza's, but is there any concern that it is or will be another "El" name (Ellie, Ella, etc.)? I am not looking to jump on that trend, although I do love all of those names/nicknames. I do know several young Elizabeths and they all go by the full name.

@bbiutmcph - That's my only concern with Vivienne, as well (outside of the celebrity offspring association). I know most people will pronounce the name the same as Vivian. Heck, my FIL already can't get it that my DD1 is Maren - he calls her Marian. However, I do still love it and adore Vivi(e) as a nn. 
  • Options
    How is Vivienne supposed to be pronounced?

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How is Vivienne supposed to be pronounced?

viv-YEN
  • Options
    I voted for Elizabeth, but they're all great names. Good luck!
  • Options
    So very hard to choose, those are all great names, especially Alexandra and Vivienne. I would probably say Eliza would be my preference with Maren.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    They are all great, but I voted Elizabeth. It's such a classic and timeless name that while it's popular, it will never be trendy (fwiw, I have never met an Elizabeth). And it reminds me of one of my favorite books of all time, pride & prejudice.
  • Options
    I like Elizabeth or Alexandra. I know five people who named their daughters Vivienne in the past year so too trendy/popular for my taste.